T500RS & Iracing

• Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 79 comments
Good questions man, when I changed my PCB my friend witch used to be a TV repair guy back in the days when that existed and I was pretty shocked about how bad the soldering was. Not on the board it self, but every cable we needed to un soldering wasn't very good soldering's

Also the cable management inside got a pretty decent upgrade as we didn't like cables being squeezed between different plastic parts.

I also upgraded the hard mount steel plate inside there. But that's just because I have bad experience with those "nuts" being pressed in place.. have tendency to lose their grip over time. So I took it out and welded some real nuts in their place. And it really made my wheel stuck to the mounting plate.

But I'm a crazy guy when it comes to customize things.. Just look at the dashboard of my car

06082009265.jpg

19082009036.jpg

I'm just not curable

I guess no matter whats the cost, it's produced to make money, a lot of money. It should have decent parts to it.. advertised as a industrial motor and it being cooled down by a 1€ fan. Makes me wonder how serious it really is, I actually had a Thrustmaster game controller back in the old days and I promised myself not another Thrustmaster product in my house.. but they manage to "talk" me into it with this wheel.

It really is a solid wheel compared to the much cheaper once and when it works it just amazing. But when I had my share of problems and I see you have your share. Makes me wonder what kind of price range I will jump onto when it's time to change it.. hopefully a long time into the future ;)

And I hope you get it back together, it wasn't that hard.. but I have a long history of open up things having electrical stuff inside.. I got my first 230V shock in the age of 12 I guess it was :P (might explain a lot right?)

I guess no matter whats the cost, it's produced to make money, a lot of money

Sad, but true.

I do know nothing about soldering but even a untrained eye can see how poor & quickly this wheel is assembled, made & dessigned. Pinched cables, spilled glue everywhere, you have those bolts we come lose or even folts for some people. Everything is made in crapland China, Taiwan, etc... No offence for people who live there but this is how it works these days.

I never had big issues on the PS3 though, thats why i have a second one. in the end my t500rs had one issue, it didn't drive straight anymore. The center of the wheel tilted towards the left bottom. Annoying in GT5, not so much a problem in iracing. But you hear me complain alot here about it...when it needs to work on a PC. I am not happy about it. Sure thing i know it is my last T500 or Thrustmaster-product for long time.

Don't worry i will get it back together. Once i have seen how its assembled i know how it works. I am pretty handy when it comes to assambly things. Only thing i hate is when we talking about electronic devices. I usual throw it out the window and buy a new one. :sly:

What car is that anyway? and don't say a Opel...

Oh, i wonder if its not better to leave to top-exterior thing completely off, a T500 cabriolet. I think Its cooler then close the thing and cool it whit the standard fan.

Last edited:
Ok, Whit the big hole now for the fan, its the first time i feel air coming ot of it.
The bad thing is my the FFB play again tricks on me :nervous:
I kinda hoping for a fix next update but i am afraid that it won't help a thing.
Maybe i can try reinstalling iracing.

I also consider oval racing next season. Take a left turn..., take a left turn..., take a left turn....I am pretty sure the the FFB is the same in every corner. 💡

I have been testing the minimum force. It can make the FFb better if high enough but when its to high i have heavy vibration in the wheel when driving in a straight line or when standing still.

@T500' users and maybe others, i want to ask what steering option do you use in the sim?
the 2 top left bars at the first page in "options". that change lock-to-lock steering.

Last edited:
T500 user is calling :sly:

I have two times 900 set there.

My FFB strength in iRacing is 6.0 and I left the "linear" box unchecked.

Steering lock to lock range 909°
Linear mode checked

Strenght 13.8
Damping 3%
Min force 10%

Yes my wheel shake a bit in pit and sometimes on straights, but nothing I can't live with. I actually find it more race car like as race cars don't use rubber as engine mounts, they use a much stiffer material for better throttle response.. So it shakes a bit more than a 1.6 liter Peugeot family sedan.

But before I do my 1-3 restarts (have been enough with 1 restart lately) of the game after the computer start up the min force is way to high. So it shake like a pneumatic chisel.

And the car is like you already know a Opel. but it's known as the "Focal Astra" ;)

In the TM control panel I have rotaion set to 900 degrees

In iracing , I have :

Lock to lock range : 865

Linear mode : Unchecked

FFB strength : 11.6
Damping : 67%
Min Force : 3.6%
(There is no reason or science behind my settings , just where I ended up by feel :) )

I really believe your problem is with a bad firmware installation or something like that. My wheel is always consistent in iracing , the FFB is always the same and I don't need to restart the sim. I hope you get the problem sorted anyway :)

I really doubt the firmware have anything to do with anything.. only thing we guys have different is computers and with different computer comes different motherboards.

I just installed the newest chipset drivers for my motherboard and I now do not need to restart the sim either. Just plug and play

And I also heard you said you had problems with your new USB headset.. Could there be a USB problem on your computer.. Remember a wheel is a input and output device. Not like a mouse or keyboard witch only is a input device!!
You said the headset worked fine when you only used the sound.. witch is the output part of the headset, but when you started using the microphone you got problem.. This would be the input device.. Sounds like your USB can't really handle both without problems.

Steering lock to lock range 903°
Linear mode checked

Strength 10.0
Damping 5%
Min force 0%

Works like a charm

I actually find it more race car like as race cars don't use rubber as engine mounts, they use a much stiffer material for better throttle response.

That really speaks to me about the T500, I like the rough FFB it delivers.

Well i changed the headset and it working ok now. 👍

Anyways it starts to be a very good joke... I have been in contact whit HP(for the BIOS), Thrustmaster & Iracing.

HP tells me there is nothing wrong whit my PC or BIOS and the problem should not come from the motherboard.

Thrustmaster seems to give the blame to the game. i should ask iracing for help to set up the wheel.

while Iracing is pretty sure its not the problem of the sim.

Thats why i hate computers, i need a shrink :ill:

->
2dtc5lu_th.gif

Last edited:
Well i changed the headset and it working ok now. 👍
Oh, I failed to see you on teamspeak then..

Anyways it starts to be a very good joke... I have been in contact whit HP(for the BIOS), Thrustmaster & Iracing.

HP tells me there is nothing wrong whit my PC or BIOS and the problem should not come from the motherboard.

Thrustmaster seems to give the blame to the game. i should ask iracing for help to set up the wheel.

while Iracing is pretty sure its not the problem of the sim.

Thats why i hate computers, i need a shrink :ill:

->
2dtc5lu_th.gif

What exactly is your problem now, you race like you got payed to do so, I find it pretty funny that you do all that racing with the problems you describe.

Sorry i haven't been active on TS yet. The only big problem i have whit the FFB its stronger on one side. I can ignore that when driving a slow/easy to drive car. Like the MX5. Thats why i drive it so much. When i drive a faster car such like a Riley or HPD it can be very anoying or even undrivable sometimes. I only raced last races in the HPD/riley to complete my 8 races to earn credits. I love driving a MX5, but considered the content i bought i like to drive something else too.
Sorry if i am wrong but your post you sounds like i did some sort of crime.

If you read it that way I'm sorry man. Not my intention at all.

But I read back and I think we went through more than FFB problems.. or No FFB at all to the game didn't recognize it. I just wondered what it was.

I would just love to help you out here and I didn't really get the exact problem and I didn't know it wasn't that bad on low FFB cars. For all I knew it could have been that Windows / the game didn't recognize the wheel and then it would be pretty funny that you drove several races ;)
Well at least I though so.. again not my intention to put you in jail for it.

And I have a car paint or 3 waiting to be made for you, so would be awesome to know how you want it to look ;)

ok Erik, No problem. Its just how i read it. ;)

I know its also difficult to help when you are on the otherside of the line/world/or a computer based on some little information.

I didn't have much time last days but next time i am going to test the power use. I Have diffrent wall sockets together and alot of devices on it. I often plug them in and out. Going to try other sockets to connect the wheel.
I also gonna try to find out if my PC's powersupply is working...

Ok, I thrown my racing wheel away for a while . But while i was searching for something else i came across something.
I found, I don't know how its called in the english version of Windows7 but lets call it "reliability history" It shows the history of errors and installed things on the computer. like on the screenshot

Iracingerrors_zpsb66d5e20.png

And to my surprise, Iracing pop-ups very often in this history. However I never had or have any problems whit the game. It always runs smooth and it never crashed or something. The little information about the problem mentioned is "It does not work anymore" I never had such thing. But maybe its related to my FFB-issue that seems to be always there in iracing.
But now "the million dollar question" What's the caus of this errors?.... .....

Edit: when i go in detail i get alot of codes but the name of the event is called APPCRASH...wathever that means.

Last edited:
After 2 weeks of racing whit this season's build. My steering wheel feels very good again. I still have to restart the sim when i setup my wheel but after that its fine. Only after alot of racing some old problems pop-up. Less FFB, major deadzone, loose FFB, one steering direction is stronger then the other, etc.. But alot less then before and now its fixed whit the FFB-reset button. Incase that does not work a quick restart(PC/wheel) will fix it for 100%. Finally!

I really didn't change a thing since last season!

This word is actually spelled with in English, also another one you spell incorrectly is "witch" and it's correct spelling is which, good day. :)

thx, English is not my native language, and i never had any single lesson or any education for the English language in my life. So i am happy you only correct one word. This means you understand the rest of it ;)
I know i have some spelling issue's. :)

Back