Take a Look at the Proposed Miami GP Circuit in Assetto Corsa

OMG. I am drooling. I live neraby in West Palm Beach and will certainly be attending. This will be an incredible layout. BTW, despite what the article says, it’s not formally approved. They still need a vote on a final contract.

So It's already in AC pc version? If so it better come to consoles to! Nice looking layout I really like it. I really hope It' comes to consoles!:eek:

Last edited:
OMG. I am drooling. I live neraby in West Palm Beach and will certainly be attending. This will be an incredible layout. BTW, despite what the article says, it’s not formally approved. They still need a vote on a final contract.
I live in Miami to, last time I attended a GP was back in the 90's. I'm excited as well! I will probably go. the layout is sick I want it on my PS4.

*Cough Cough* Silverstone *Cough Cough*

f3RSyIom.jpg

You. I like you. You get my disdain for Silverstone.

OK, I going to say it - For F1 especially street circuits suck. They suck more than a very sucky thing indeed.

The last thing F1 needs is yet another street circuit. It's almost as if the phrases "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" and "you can polish a turd, but at the end of the day it's still a turd" were coined for street circuits.

Now I'd be the first to say that some purpose built circuits are terrible, but that's more often than not down to the designer. With street circuits you can only work with whats already there, and whats already there is a network designed to get people from A to B efficiently, and not designed for 800HP 200 MPH monsters to race around. They're too narrow for effective racing and the track limits exist only to define when a car is whole or in pieces.

I can accept Monaco as it's steeped in tradition and has been part of F1 since before F1 was actually defined in 1946 (prior to that it was the European Grand Prix), but that's the only one I'll accept.

There I've said it, and I'm fully prepared to get roasted for it ;)

OK, I going to say it - For F1 especially street circuits suck. They suck more than a very sucky thing indeed.

The last thing F1 needs is yet another street circuit. It's almost as if the phrases "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" and "you can polish a turd, but at the end of the day it's still a turd" were coined for street circuits.

Now I'd be the first to say that some purpose built circuits are terrible, but that's more often than not down to the designer. With street circuits you can only work with whats already there, and whats already there is a network designed to get people from A to B efficiently, and not designed for 800HP 200 MPH monsters to race around. They're too narrow for effective racing and the track limits exist only to define when a car is whole or in pieces.

I can accept Monaco as it's steeped in tradition and has been part of F1 since before F1 was actually defined in 1946 (prior to that it was the European Grand Prix), but that's the only one I'll accept.

Wow, my opinion exactly. I thought I was the only one. And not only that, but it will bother the city residents lives :rolleyes: and it will be especially frustrating for those who couldn't care less about F1.

I think instead that street circuits really show the talent of the drivers, because talent means going fast while finishing first. But to finish first you first have to finish, and while on permanent race tracks is pretty easy nowadays, on street circuits it can be really challenging. It's a race to who gets closer to the wall, and I find it very exciting. Maybe it will lack overtaking points, but I think it's another kind of "good racing" that has to be expected from a street circuit: and that is, as said, a race to who gets closer to the wall. Anyway, if it will be wide enough in certain points we could see also overtaking because of the different lines they could take.

I think three or four street circuits would be good to F1

"you can polish a turd, but at the end of the day it's still a turd"

You can't polish a turd. They are kinda wet and sticky. It'll get all stuck in your polishing cloth.

As for F1 on street circuits tho. Yeah, it sucks. Valencia anyone? No?

Back