**TAKE NOTICE** - Stop posting HUGE photos!

Discussion in 'GT6 Photo Mode' started by leeislee, Jan 30, 2015.

1. GranTurismo916

GranTurismo916

Never mind then. I guess I somehow saw it as more than that, but apparently it isn't. :dunce::banghead::confused:

2. leeislee

leeislee

OP? are you refering to me as being unfriendly or have i misread you? :D

3. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Have you ever seen a post like that, Kyle? I don't thik it's typical nor even rare. I never saw something like that. :p

Lee is (as Nathan) probably the member that helps the most other people and tries to bring new ideas to the Photomode community. I think you would agreed.

And I don't thing the OP is friendly either but I can understand the frustration. Probably a lot of people feel the same way (as myself) but they just go away and ignore the forum. Lee really likes this corner of GTP and that's why he opened this thread (I think). Because he probably cares more than the majoraty of us (at least than I do... I have no problem to admit).

It's better to have 1 "not very friendly" OP than not having Lee at all arround IMO. :)

We're all here because we share the same passion about cars+photography+art+community+competitions+(all the good stuff). But it's very easy for a member to leave a website when he starts to experience annoyance where he used to experience pleasure instead.

I think we're all in the same page here. But it's better to tackle this "annoying" and "small" problem now* that people (at least the people like Lee and me) are still here...

I'm sorry if I wrote some nonsensical thing. I'm a bit sleepy.

*now = short term

4. leeislee

leeislee

The actual OP on this thread is written pretty tongue in cheek (jokey) hence the last line of "I have spoken".

This thread was made in hope that it could make a difference and not to annoy people. I'll leave it at that, i wont risk offending people were no offence was intended.

The thread is here for anyone to read if they want. i wont be mentioning it again.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. youtimestwo

youtimestwo Premium

profound & noble, imo. (stone him!)

everybody now, k!

agree with "courtesy and patience" Ratt, noted
    V

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  6. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

I don't see the need to further beat the horse (bump the thread). @SlipZtrEm was in here earlier and I'm sure that he will communicate with Jordan if he sees this issue as being a problem that needs to be addressed. :) Also, I'm sure enough members here have seen the thread and understand there is a bit of a problem. It will be up to them now to have some common courtesy and do their part in helping to remedy the problem here. I say just have some patience, as I'm sure Jordan is aware of the issue here now, and see what he has to say about it and what solutions he may have. :) :cheers:

7. MHPALA

MHPALA

Your avatar complements getting the message across.

Sonygamer455, leeislee and CallmeDan like this.
  8. mazda787

mazda787

I haven't read through this entire thread yet, but what about self-moderated threads?

The thread starter sets the rules, theme, etc. and has the ability to delete posts that do not comply with the rules (after warning)? This would require repeated monitoring from the OP (especially if the thread is popular). I remember seeing some premium members closing their own threads, so I don't know if this feature also exists (even though it may be just for premium members).

9. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

I still think it would just be easier if Jordan just put a limit on the size of the photo that could be uploaded to the site. If your photo is over the size limit, whatever that may be, then the site simply won't allow it to be uploaded. I understand the whole "ease of use" that SlipZtrEm spoke about earlier, but there are more than a few free photo editing programs out there that you can use to resize your images. Its pretty simple to do and it takes no time at all. There are even programs out there that only do photo resizing and also allow batch processing so there is really no excuse, except for being lazy or just not wanting to take the time to do so. For a person like me that comes to this part of the site on a daily basis to admire all these members great work, it sure would be a lot more enjoyable if I didn't have to wait ages for the page to load because there are so many large photos on the page. And this is coming from someone with a fast laptop and a very good internet connection.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    youtimestwo, CallmeDan, Safoo and 3 others like this.
  10. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

I agree that it's a serious issue; it's very difficult to browse many of these threads. Fortunately, solving this problem from a technical perspective turned out to be a bit easier than I expected, and I have implemented custom forum software functionality which will automatically resize all posted images. See the official announcement here for more info.

Also, there is an extensive new gallery system coming to GTPlanet very soon, which will make sharing, browsing, commenting, and organizing photos much easier.

11. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Praise the lord, Jordan!

12. leeislee

leeislee

That's great news!

13. Dan

Dan Premium

14. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Happy news!!!! :tup: I told some of you guys that if you just sit back and be patient, the man would work his magic. ;) Now look, alls well in photo land. :D Thanks @Jordan you the man. :bowdown:

Thanks to @leeislee for starting this campaign in order to get the problem fixed, nicely done. :cheers:

Kodje, Chameleon9000 and Safoo like this.
  15. Safoo

Safoo

Great news!:cheers:

16. Aphelion

Aphelion

Hah! That was actually pretty unexpected! Thanks Jordan!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    leeislee likes this.
  17. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Nah, I knew he'd come through. ;)

18. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

It looks like Jordan once again saved the day! :)

19. Aphelion

Aphelion

Yeah i am loving this! things seem to be loading much faster! But tell me, has everything posted before now been re-sized too? Just asking. :)

20. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

It depends on how it was posted. See the official announcement for the details.

Chameleon9000 likes this.
  21. [Nor]MclarenF1

[Nor]MclarenF1

Fantastic @Jordan! This is one of the things that make GTplanet the amazing community that it is. If there's a problem, the admins will do what they can to solve it. :bowdown:

ShaolinMasta likes this.
  22. Kodje

Kodje

Thank you very much Jordan :cheers:
    And thx to Lee to have put attention on this problem :cheers:

23. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

It is nice and all, but i feel that it is biased against Imgur...

24. Aphelion

Aphelion

...?

25. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

Well, you know how you can click on images on GTP that are from Imageshack and other similar sites, and it would take you to the site with the image?
    Imgur doesn't really work that way, and you can't look at the size the image originally was.
    And for some reason, since the update happened i noticed Imgur images seem to have been loading slower.
    Imgur does allow for Albums though, and i feel that it will be a feature in the next GTP gallery update.
    EDIT: some pics don't seem to load properly, lower parts of said pics seem to be covered in a single colour.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  26. leeislee

leeislee

All images can be linked to another site with the correct coding.

Chameleon9000 likes this.
  27. Famine

Famine Administrator

That just depends on the user pasting a URL in around the image and it works with any site...

[url=URL HERE][img]IMAGE HERE[/img][/url]
    [url=http://imgur.com/gallery/9ay6J][img]http://i.imgur.com/zt7smR4.jpg[/img][/url]
    [​IMG]

Now click on the image...

When you copy images from other sources, like Photobucket or Imageshack, you're given the option of copying the direct link or the forum link (amongst others). The direct link is just the image, but the forum link is a URL wrapped around the image.

leeislee likes this.
  28. karelpipa

karelpipa

29. leeislee

leeislee

30. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt