**TAKE NOTICE** - Stop posting HUGE photos!

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 96 comments
Well, I had no problem before, everything worked just fine. I use IE and never had a problem until after Jordans update so its gotta do with whatever he did. Sure, it may be browser related, but the problem still stems from whatever he did. If no one has any solutions, guess I'll just have to stop posting pictures which is really going to suck because I use pictures for my tunes.

Who uses IE? :D

Anyway, probably has to to with the recent uptade. I'm sure it will be fixed. You can always try to use another browser in the meantime. IE is probably the worse. :X

Who uses IE? :D

Anyway, probably has to to with the recent uptade. I'm sure it will be fixed. You can always try to use another browser in the meantime. IE is probably the worse. :X

Guess I'm just a dumbass and behind the times because I use IE. :guilty: Always have used it and never really seen the need to switch as I never have had any problems with it.

@Jordan mentioned in the :gtplanet: update thread that large images will now automatically re-size and be re-hosted to reduce file size, which means the issue raised by this thread is now resolved.

All images posted to the forum which are larger than 800 pixels in width will now be automatically resized by the server. This applies to images uploaded directly to posts as attachments and images embedded or hotlinked from other websites.

Unlike the "click to enlarge" image resizing feature which has been in place for some time, this new functionality resizes the actual image before it is served to you, so its file size and bandwidth usage will be greatly reduced.

This will have a profound impact on image-heavy gallery threads, many of which contain over 100MB of embedded images per page and can be very slow to load. Early tests show these pages could see more than a 90% reduction in size, which will greatly improve browsing speeds for all users while improving usability for mobile devices and visitors with slow or limited Internet connections.

To share a high-resolution image from this point forward, please link to its URL directly.

Note: For images uploaded as attachments, only files uploaded after today (March 6, 2015) will be resized; older images will not be affected. Embedded images hotlinked from other sites (Flickr, Photobucket, Imgur, etc.) will all be resized retroactively, regardless of when they were posted.

Guess I'm just a dumbass and behind the times because I use IE. :guilty: Always have used it and never really seen the need to switch as I never have had any problems with it.

Just tested in IE and in Firefox and 1/3 of the images doesn't load.

In chrome everything works fine.

Back