Take THAT you stupid GT40!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter vinkento
  • 66 comments
  • 2,279 views
Messages
1,446
Keep in mind I'm not the best driver in the world, but today I felt rather proud of myself.

I've been trying forever to win the proffesional MR challenge so that I could win the ZZII. But that darn GT40 was just too fast. I finally got the hang of my XJ220 Road Car and challenged it one last time on Leguna seca before I would give up for the day.

I catch up to him in the 10th lap finally. We're both way ahead of the pack. I wasn't but 5 yards behind the entire lap. Then the most amazing thing happened. We came up on the tight downhill 90,90 turn. You know... the hardest turn in leguna pretty much. He takes it too fast and starts to move too the outside and hits the sand. My time to shine was now! I floored it, slammed into his back and pushed him into a spin like no other. he slams his way into the opposite wall facing the wrong direction while I take a 30 second lead to the finish.

This was my greatest victory and it's given me new hopes in my driving. Thank you, my XJ220, thank you.
 
Well, congrats, but you do realize that the game is much more satisfying when you win and run a clean race, right? ;) Seriously, I would've been much more impressed if you said that you were able to take the inside turn and squeeze by him.

Anyway, nonetheless, congrats!
 
If you had seen what he had been doing to me in earlier trials, you would see that he deserved it. But thank you :D
 
Originally posted by Sage
Well, congrats, but you do realize that the game is much more satisfying when you win and run a clean race, right? ;) Seriously, I would've been much more impressed if you said that you were able to take the inside turn and squeeze by him.

Anyway, nonetheless, congrats!
nah... in the end the game also does that too you, and besides after losing soo many times there shouldnt be a shred of regret.
 
Originally posted by vinkento
If you had seen what he had been doing to me in earlier trials, you would see that he deserved it. But thank you :D

u sound like Jeff Gordon :lol:
 
Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or insult. Either way, thanks :lol:
 
Originally posted by 2ez2KiLL
you know... you could have just used an f1 car ;p

If I was good enough to win an F1 car, then I doubt I would be having trouble with the pro MR. :p though, I bet it would have been alot easier with an F1 for sure. :lol:
 
I wish GT4 would have racing like this. I love slamming cars into the wall and spinning them out.
 
Originally posted by vinkento
Keep in mind I'm not the best driver in the world, but today I felt rather proud of myself.

I've been trying forever to win the proffesional MR challenge so that I could win the ZZII. But that darn GT40 was just too fast. I finally got the hang of my XJ220 Road Car and challenged it one last time on Leguna seca before I would give up for the day.

I catch up to him in the 10th lap finally. We're both way ahead of the pack. I wasn't but 5 yards behind the entire lap. Then the most amazing thing happened. We came up on the tight downhill 90,90 turn. You know... the hardest turn in leguna pretty much. He takes it too fast and starts to move too the outside and hits the sand. My time to shine was now! I floored it, slammed into his back and pushed him into a spin like no other. he slams his way into the opposite wall facing the wrong direction while I take a 30 second lead to the finish.

This was my greatest victory and it's given me new hopes in my driving. Thank you, my XJ220, thank you.
Cheater... :p

You do realize that a win is nowhere near as satisfying if you've slammed a car out of your way than if you go by skill alone, don't you? ;)
 
It wasn't really about the win to me... it was more of a pride thing. :p I wanted that GT40 to taste the dirt like I had. Sure I could have just as easily taken the outside and overtaken him... but I only had a second to decide, and in the end, it was just his time to bite the big one.
 
Originally posted by vinkento
It wasn't really about the win to me... it was more of a pride thing. :p I wanted that GT40 to taste the dirt like I had. Sure I could have just as easily taken the outside and overtaken him... but I only had a second to decide, and in the end, it was just his time to bite the big one.
Fair enough. :lol:

I used to do that before my 1337 5|{i11z developed properly, but now I don't have to do that - I am da mahzta of late braking!! :p
 
Now all we need is a post in all CAPS, then it'll be complete. ^_^
 
Originally posted by vinkento
It wasn't really about the win to me... it was more of a pride thing. :p I wanted that GT40 to taste the dirt like I had. Sure I could have just as easily taken the outside and overtaken him... but I only had a second to decide, and in the end, it was just his time to bite the big one.
You should learn to phear da GT40 for that IS thy master !

Do NOT push it or your gamedisc will crack !
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
You should learn to phear da GT40 for that IS thy master !

Do NOT push it or your gamedisc will crack !
Now how many times have we discussed this, Mr Wing? The GT40 is NOT a good car to use for anything except a) Demolition Derbies, b) driving to the tip (and leaving it there) or c) I've got a jerry can of fuel and a box of matches in my car that are just sitting there doing nothing... :trouble:
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
Now how many times have we discussed this, Mr Wing? The GT40 is NOT a good car to use for anything except a) Demolition Derbies, b) driving to the tip (and leaving it there) or c) I've got a jerry can of fuel and a box of matches in my car that are just sitting there doing nothing... :trouble:
You bloody Sheep banger... The GT40 IS da ****e ! !
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
You bloody Sheep banger...
No I'm Australian - NZ are the one that bang sheep.

The GT40 IS da ****e ! !
Yes, that's what I've been saying all alone - the GT40 is a heap of ****e.
 
The GT40 is an okay car...but i think you should've 0wned him easily with the Jag...;)
 
No way it ain't ! :mad:
 
Keep dreaming Pringles :cool:
 
The Jag Race Car has better cornering than the GT40 Race Car, but the GT40 did sure set a hot lap on Complex String.
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
Keep dreaming Pringles :cool:
Dream? What's a dream? I'm just stating the cold, hard facts, baby. :cool:
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
Dream? What's a dream?
Dreams are what happens after the Mescaline kicks in :cool:
 
Back