Taking a car for a test drive?

• Thread starter englishbob
  • 14 comments
englishbobsnr
Unless I have missed an option, there isn't a way to test drive a car before you buy it? How do I know blowing 20,000,000 on a single car, which has taken months to accumulate, is worth it?

You wouldn't do this in real life

You need to grab info from here.

I personally cannot drive a 4 spd manual car. I didnt like how the GT40 MkIV has a 4 spd in GT6 and no upgrades.

I think its the same in GT Sport.

Thankfully the Daytona has a 5 spd upgrade.

Unless I have missed an option, there isn't a way to test drive a car before you buy it? How do I know blowing 20,000,000 on a single car, which has taken months to accumulate, is worth it?

Well put, I miss this option as well.

You need to grab info from here.

I personally cannot drive a 4 spd manual car. I didnt like how the GT40 MkIV has a 4 spd in GT6 and no upgrades.

I think its the same in GT Sport.

Thankfully the Daytona has a 5 spd upgrade.

If i am not mistaken, Customizable gearbox for Mk.IV has 5 gears. Also, it is tunable both in terms of power and weight

I have not tried this but it should work.
Disconnect from the internet. Buy the car you want to test and drive it as much as you want to see if you like it.
Then quit the game. Since you are not online, your car purchase and testing will not be saved.

Edit: Never mind. I forgot that you have to be online to enter Brand Central to buy a car!
Old age brain fart.:lol:

Last edited:
I have not tried this but it should work.
Disconnect from the internet. Buy the car you want to test and drive it as much as you want to see if you like it.
Then quit the game. Since you are not online, your car purchase and testing will not be saved.

Edit: Never mind. I forgot that you have to be online to enter Brand Central to buy a car!
Old age brain fart.:lol:
Was still a good idea .

MAybe check out the videos in the video thread. May be able to see how they drive. I can't recall a potential owner driving a 20mil car in real life(unless they're like Jay Leno), before buying. It's usually a look around at auction.

You can only test drive the Arcade cars provided. So, if you like the MX-5, 86, 4C, RC F Gr.4, AMG GT GT3, and Lancer Gr.B, you're in luck! ;)

Sadly you can't , I have wasted 20.000.000 in form of grinding to get the Jaguar XJ13 .
Than there was the day I could buy it did it drove it and resold id hallelujah for 6.000.000 .
And I refuse to buy the cars that are way to expensive in-game with real money , it is not for that stupid 3 Euros but in which state the game is broken and laziness to fix there many bugs .
If this game was well done I wouldn't mine to buy with real money but now ......no way .

You can test drive any car you want.

1. Startup the game connected to the internet.
2. Once in the main menu of the game, disconnect from the internet.
3. Now enter the Brand Central and buy any car you want to test drive. You can not use lobby or sport mode, just time trial and single player mode.
4 Once you exit the Brand Central while disconnected from the internet, you can not enter it again.

After testing some cars, and figured out what you really want to buy, exit the game (close application), connect to the internet and startup the game again. Now go and buy the car you want.

Last edited:

3. Now enter the Brand Central any buy any car you want to test drive. You can not use lobby or sport mode, just time trial.
4 Once you exit the Brand Central disconnected from the internet, you can not enter it again.

After testing some cars, and figured out what you really want to buy, exit the game (close application), connect to the internet and startup the game again. Now go and buy the car you want.
Ooooooo ok that is good to know Hallitrd but don't forget first you have to have ze 20.000.000 on the account .

3. Now enter the Brand Central and buy any car you want to test drive. You can not use lobby or sport mode, just time trial and single player mode.
4 Once you exit the Brand Central while disconnected from the internet, you can not enter it again.

That was like the GT4 days, were the game wouldn't run without a memory card.... so when buying a car you had to pull out the memory card so it didn't write to it after buying the car. Then you stuck it in again if it was good lol

Ooooooo ok that is good to know Hallitrd but don't forget first you have to have ze 20.000.000 on the account .

And as jlbmel pointed out, you have to be online to enter Brand Central. But what if you went all the way to the purchase screen before yanking the cord? Or would your money disappear with the internet connection? Maybe I'll test it out with a Samba Bus to see if it works.

Edit: It worked!

I didn't really expect it to. I figured I'd probably get booted out of Brand Central as soon as the connection was lost, but no. I started with a balance of 18,229,947 and went to buy a red '66 VW Bug. I went all the way to the final screen where you hit the button to purchase the car and then physically pulled the cord out of the modem. I hit the button and the sale went through, bringing my balance down to 18,189,947. I then did a one-make race at Yamagiwa earning 22,350 bringing my balance up to 18,212,297. I got no miles toward the daily workout, but got mileage points and Level credits. I then quit the game, plugged the cord back in, and restarted the game. My balance was back to 18,229,947 like before buying the car, the mileage points and Level credits were gone, and the red Bug was gone from my garage.

And here's a nice kicker: The replay of the one-make race I saved was still in my library. So not only can you test drive cars, you can save replays if you want to do micro-analysis.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back