Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
CHAPTER 2

Rivalry Revived

Takuma now feels the urge to be faster. Not only because he is dealing with the robots of Team Silverblade, but also to defeat the person whom he now views as his rival - Nobuhiko Hiramoto. He cannot afford to sit still, and he plans to take action.

Meanwhile, Stephen now possesses a serum that can totally change the racing world forever. He has yet to consume it, but his mind is also wracked with confusion, as it goes against his mentor's ideals that were taught to him. But his desperate attempt to be the best also plagues his mind. Would he give in to the temptation?

**************************************************************************************

Page 1 - Dream vs Dream

It's been sensational for me... but at the same time, I'm rather frustrated. I lost the 1st round and I'm not the only person being humiliated, but I also dragged the team into this.

However, the tide has shifted, as Nobuhiko won the 2nd round. It felt that it was rubbing it in to me. Because of that, I WILL BE FASTER. I haven't felt this very strong urge for years.

In the third round.... I will also get the applause of everyone. Just watch, Little Nobu. I'm not going to sit down and watch.

To start off, I woke up at 8 am.... well, not that early, thank goodness, in a hotel nearby Monza Circuit. This time around, the whole team is checked in here. As usual, Takanori and I share the room.

He is browsing the internet on his laptop, as always. His face is glued on to that screen for days. He doesn't want to miss a single racing news or a blog.

Takanori: "Look at this!"

Takuma: "What's that?"

Takanori: "Check this out, a one-off, odd-looking Toyota sports car has been spotted in Motegi!"

14956607542_961edd6a14_c.jpg

It does look odd, and I gotta praise the blogger who shot that photo. That Toyota looked like a Stormtrooper.

Takanori: "According to this article, the photographer then approached the car's driver when he saw it in the pit lane. It turns out to be one of Toyota's R&D drivers, but the driver in question was tight-lipped when asked, and immediately left the race track."

Takuma: "He's just doing his job. R&D people are very good at keeping their lips sealed. Can you just turn that thing off and let's head to Monza?"

Takanori: "What for?"

Takuma: "Last night, Hiroyuki-san told me that we must register at the track before we can have our FIA-approved practice session. I want you to tag along."

Takanori: "Oh. Okay. Let me just have a shower and then we can go."

After a few minutes, we head off to Monza via a bus. We did not bring a car at all, as we have no intention of having some laps there.

**************************************************************************************

Time: 10 am

After registering her team, Nina decides to scan the race track and upload it to her team mates. Adrian rides with her.

14856068429_7d947ba3da_c.jpg

Nina: "Scanning in progress."

Adrian: "Sometimes, hearing you performing your commands worries me a lot."

14856236427_772055f1fc_c.jpg

Nina's eyes are green, a sign that she is still performing one of her functions.

Adrian: "I guess this one lap will do."

15042426592_28c0fdb1ae_c.jpg

Nina: "Circuit Scan complete. Returning to Normal Mode."

Her eyes then turn black. She then turns her attention to her owner... or rather, brother.

Nina: "Shall we leave this track?"

Adrian: "If possible, yes. You don't really have to do this. I told you, I can talk to that cloaked man, and you can live freely.

And... I need to go to the bathroom."

They enter back to the pit lane. Nina gets the wheelchair from the pit garage, and helps Adrian sit on it. Then she pushes him on the way to the bathroom.

On their way, they see Takuma and Takanori registering along with the other teams. When Adrian has entered the men's restroom, Nina takes a closer look at Takuma.

After registering, however, Takanori notices her, and calls the attention of his twin.

Takanori: "Aniki, look! Isn't she from the Silverblade? The spokesperson? She is looking at you."

Takuma: "I wonder what she's up to...."

We approached her, and we can definitely see that she is a robot performing her objective - gathering data. Her bright green eyes won't fool me.

Takuma: "You won't pass for a human, sweetie. With all that sudden glowing of your eyes, that's not a thing you'll see from a human."

Nina: "Takuma Kanonji. A main target. Engaging main target. Attempting reflex data gathering."

She suddenly unleashes a roundhouse kick! I reflexively dodged it.

Takanori: "So, they can fend for themselves too?!?"

I don't hurt women, but she's an exception since she's a robot. Besides, it's time to thin out the numbers.

Time to put my years of studying Baguazhang style Kung Fu to good use.

I blocked another kick using my wrist. Then she follows it up with a punch which I quickly parried.

Nina: "Fighting style recognition - Baguazhang Kung Fu."

She then kicks me again, but a strong one that pushed me back even though I blocked it.

Takanori: "My turn!"

Adrian comes out of the restroom and he rushes to the fight scene, quickly spinning the wheels with his hands.

Adrian: "Nina!"

Takanori quickly covers for me. I gotta admit, he is faster than me due to his Ninjutsu fighting style. He then scores a hit when he sweeps Nina's legs.

Taking advantage of it, I ran and then unleashed a strike on her chest using my two palms, pushing her back with sheer force. However, a man on a wheelchair catches her.

Nina: "Minor damage sustained in internal systems."

Adrian: "Hey, you can't just hurt a girl! And you have no right to ruin my dreams!"

Takanori: "Hey, she started it!"

Takuma: "You're quite familiar. Aren't you Adrian Hanne? A former touring car racer from Norway?

You must have a lot of money... and guts for you to purchase a robot."

Adrian: "I want her to continue my dreams, that is all! And don't you call her a robot!"

Takuma: "Stop denying it, you desperate, crippled lowly man. You sank yourself lower the moment you purchased her.

She may continue your dreams, all right.. but you effectively ruin millions of dreams of aspiring race car drivers."

And with that, he didn't answer back further. Did it hit you hard too? Much harder than my attack on Nina?

Takuma: "You have no right to talk about dreams. Haven't you realized? That they'll end up like you if you keep on doing this? I thought you are a hard working man, despite the fact your entire family died.

So you're just comfortable on trampling on others for your benefit? How shameful!"

Adrian: "Hey... you also did that, am I right, Black Dragon?"

Oh great... another retaliating move using my past.

Takuma: "I once did. But I realized that it's not the way on fulfilling my dreams and I could not have gotten this far if I kept on doing it.

Nina is not your sister, she is your weapon. Admit it. She is bound to be destroyed, anyway.

I am not the only one stopping you. The entire racing world will eventually join my cause. You will just see how wrong you really are.

Let's go, Takanori."

Both of us go our way through the crowd who watched our brief scuffle. I don't care if I made a scandal. I made a point, and I want it to hit hard on him, and to other people who are involved.

He's pitiful... that's all I can say.

Time: 11 pm

Traffic has cleared the highways of Tokyo. And as such, it's an opportunity to run....

15019539706_4506c61459_c.jpg

A bizarre-looking car tears up the highway alone. It emits a distinct roar from the exhausts, from a growl to a scream.

Being mid-engined, and lightweight, it takes the corners like a walk in the park.

14855892660_4fbf489e80_c.jpg

Inside, the driver, satisfied with the performance, puts up a grin.

15039490241_9bf3a2dc96_c.jpg

Kaido: "Such a beast... but, will it pass Takuma's standards? But really, he should be the one doing this..."

End of Page 1

Page 2 - One Drop

There you have it, I had once again - a rather violent - encounter with one of the Team Silverblade's robots - named Nina Hanne according to Nigel - but she started it anyway, testing my "reflexes".

She could have done it in a different place. I want a good fight myself, but she had a wrong timing.

And everyone saw what happened, but more importantly, many are witnesses on who Nina truly is - a robot forged from a forbidden technology.

Actually, deep inside, I want everyone in the racing world to be aware of this.

Of course we reported this to Hiroyuki-san when we returned to the hotel. But he's rather disappointed....

Hiroyuki: "You shouldn't have done that at all."

Takanori: "But she attacked us! Of course we have to defend ourselves."

Hiroyuki: "You clearly inherited everything from your father, Takuma. Always a fighter. But don't you get it? If she attacked you and you did not retaliate, she alone could have done the scandal. Now, with what you've done, we are pretty much involved."

Takuma: "Either way, I already have a drive to crush all of those robots. We have a moral duty after all, right?"

Takanori: "Nigel, can you please look up on more information regarding Nina and Adrian Hanne?"

Nigel: "Understood. Performing search - Nina Hanne and Adrian Hanne.

Nina Hanne - the robot created in the image of Adrian's late sister. Not only she acts as a spokesperson for Team Silverblade, but also acts as a sister to Adrian.

I have also detected traces of function abnormalities from her during the rallying event. It seems that she has the capability to empathize, all the sake for Adrian."

Takuma: "So he treats that robot like his sister? Classy.

But he is just living a lie."

Nigel: "Adrian bought Nina and requested to have her look like his late sister, since it is known in the racing circle that he always brings his sister to his races, when she was still alive."

Takuma: "Clingy, eh? I guess he loves his sister so much. And now, he is using "her" to pursue his dreams - in a manner that will crush others' dreams. Of all people, he should have felt and known how painful it is see your dreams fade away."

Hiroyuki: "Because of this, I have decided to postpone our practice. Don't panic, I had given this a thought before this happened. I just find it annoying that Silverblade continues gathering data from us. We will surprise everyone in the race.

Besides, out of all of us, Takuma has the most experience in Monza. Plus, not all teams are present in FIA practice sessions. It's just an option, anyway. I told the mechanics to focus on working the car instead, during that day."

Takanori: "Oh bummer... all the effort of queuing on that long line went to waste."

I hear a phone ring. It's Hiroyuki-san's phone.

Hiroyuki: "Hang on a moment. Hello?"

Sayuki: "Put that in loudspeaker. I want everyone to hear what I'm going to say. This is a very shocking revelation."

Hiroyuki puts the phone in loudspeaker.

Sayuki: "Listen, everyone. We have found a shocking new discovery regarding those Silverblade robots.

My division has investigated once again the abandoned laboratory which those robots came from. It turns out that there is another one. And that one is the basis for all those four - as the pod where it came from was found in a separate room.

And here is the shocking part - he is the copy of NH2. He was created in secret, in a robot body assuming a human form, of course, with the data acquired by the original NH2. And then those four racers representing the team are merely duplicates, with only one a "female" which is Nina.

If you look at them closely, they all look the same - they share the same face, the face of the former Nobuhiko Hiramoto.

Oddly enough, they are the only duplicates. We have also raided the other laboratories, and all we find are nothing but research notes and vials."

What?!? So this is just the continuation of the NH project? Another imminent robot invasion?

Nobuhiko: "What was the last statement? Research notes and vials? About the vial part..."

Sayuki: "Vials? Now that's an interesting development. Plus, we already have Henry Lo in custody. The interrogation will begin as soon as he arrives here in Japan."

Hiroyuki: "Thank you for the vital information. Now I know where to start."

Time: 10 pm, the next night

Stephen has just arrived from a dinner meeting with his team, at the hotel chosen by BMW to stay in. He immediately takes a shower after settling down in his room.

After wrapping himself with a towel, he looks at the vial that the Mysterious Cloaked Figure gave him. He stares at it for a few seconds, and then a thought occurs.

Stephen: "Just one drop won't hurt, right? And just like you said, Axel... that it won't hurt to try, am I right?

Here goes...

He opens up the vial, and slowly tips it when he opened his mouth. With shaking hands due to his hesitance, a drop only manages to enter.

Stephen: "There. A drop will do. I want to see the result on the day of the practice. I'm just curious...

...and desperate, as all."

Time: 10 am, the FIA official practice session

As planned, the Dream Alliance will not attend the practice session, despite the fact that they have registered for it.

The turnout, however, is quite large. Even some sports reporters from various news agencies are wondering about the absence of Dream Alliance. But that didn't stop them from doing their day job, and just carried on.

14866089439_3845765f35_c.jpg

Stephen: "I didn't tell my team about the vial, of course. But....

...my reflexes have suddenly improved."

Braking late approaching the chicane, Stephen notices his quicker steering movement from his arms.

15052826425_ed95019a08_c.jpg

Stephen: "I can turn quicker, and even catch the oversteer faster than the usual! This isn't some sort of magical potion after all!"

14866088979_0109d44384_c.jpg

Stephen: "So is this the future of motorsports? All changed because of that little vial?"

14866088829_79bac2d382_c.jpg

Stephen: "But something bothers me...

...have I done the right thing, Axel? You taught me once, to use all possible means to win, right?

But why is there a feeling of disappointment? I should be liking this. I should be happy!"

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The first of the three-way battles will take place in Monza, so I need two volunteers. Take either the Z4 or the R8 LMS Ultra. Just install Engine Stage 3 upgrade, and then the rest of the settings are up to you.

We shall use Racing Hard tires. How the race must turn out, will be disclosed when we are in the room.

Thanking you in advance.

Page 2 - One Drop

There you have it, I had once again - a rather violent - encounter with one of the Team Silverblade's robots - named Nina Hanne according to Nigel - but she started it anyway, testing my "reflexes".

She could have done it in a different place. I want a good fight myself, but she had a wrong timing.

And everyone saw what happened, but more importantly, many are witnesses on who Nina truly is - a robot forged from a forbidden technology.

Actually, deep inside, I want everyone in the racing world to be aware of this.

Of course we reported this to Hiroyuki-san when we returned to the hotel. But he's rather disappointed....

Hiroyuki: "You shouldn't have done that at all."

Takanori: "But she attacked us! Of course we have to defend ourselves."

Hiroyuki: "You clearly inherited everything from your father, Takuma. Always a fighter. But don't you get it? If she attacked you and you did not retaliate, she alone could have done the scandal. Now, with what you've done, we are pretty much involved."

Takuma: "Either way, I already have a drive to crush all of those robots. We have a moral duty after all, right?"

Takanori: "Nigel, can you please look up on more information regarding Nina and Adrian Hanne?"

Nigel: "Understood. Performing search - Nina Hanne and Adrian Hanne.

Nina Hanne - the robot created in the image of Adrian's late sister. Not only she acts as a spokesperson for Team Silverblade, but also acts as a sister to Adrian.

I have also detected traces of function abnormalities from her during the rallying event. It seems that she has the capability to empathize, all the sake for Adrian."

Takuma: "So he treats that robot like his sister? Classy.

But he is just living a lie."

Nigel: "Adrian bought Nina and requested to have her look like his late sister, since it is known in the racing circle that he always brings his sister to his races, when she was still alive."

Takuma: "Clingy, eh? I guess he loves his sister so much. And now, he is using "her" to pursue his dreams - in a manner that will crush others' dreams. Of all people, he should have felt and known how painful it is see your dreams fade away."

Hiroyuki: "Because of this, I have decided to postpone our practice. Don't panic, I had given this a thought before this happened. I just find it annoying that Silverblade continues gathering data from us. We will surprise everyone in the race.

Besides, out of all of us, Takuma has the most experience in Monza. Plus, not all teams are present in FIA practice sessions. It's just an option, anyway. I told the mechanics to focus on working the car instead, during that day."

Takanori: "Oh bummer... all the effort of queuing on that long line went to waste."

I hear a phone ring. It's Hiroyuki-san's phone.

Hiroyuki: "Hang on a moment. Hello?"

Sayuki: "Put that in loudspeaker. I want everyone to hear what I'm going to say. This is a very shocking revelation."

Hiroyuki puts the phone in loudspeaker.

Sayuki: "Listen, everyone. We have found a shocking new discovery regarding those Silverblade robots.

My division has investigated once again the abandoned laboratory which those robots came from. It turns out that there is another one. And that one is the basis for all those four - as the pod where it came from was found in a separate room.

And here is the shocking part - he is the copy of NH2. He was created in secret, in a robot body assuming a human form, of course, with the data acquired by the original NH2. And then those four racers representing the team are merely duplicates, with only one a "female" which is Nina.

If you look at them closely, they all look the same - they share the same face, the face of the former Nobuhiko Hiramoto.

Oddly enough, they are the only duplicates. We have also raided the other laboratories, and all we find are nothing but research notes and vials."

What?!? So this is just the continuation of the NH project? Another imminent robot invasion?

Nobuhiko: "What was the last statement? Research notes and vials? About the vial part..."

Sayuki: "Vials? Now that's an interesting development. Plus, we already have Henry Lo in custody. The interrogation will begin as soon as he arrives here in Japan."

Hiroyuki: "Thank you for the vital information. Now I know where to start."

Time: 10 pm, the next night

Stephen has just arrived from a dinner meeting with his team, at the hotel chosen by BMW to stay in. He immediately takes a shower after settling down in his room.

After wrapping himself with a towel, he looks at the vial that the Mysterious Cloaked Figure gave him. He stares at it for a few seconds, and then a thought occurs.

Stephen: "Just one drop won't hurt, right? And just like you said, Axel... that it won't hurt to try, am I right?

Here goes...

He opens up the vial, and slowly tips it when he opened his mouth. With shaking hands due to his hesitance, a drop only manages to enter.

Stephen: "There. A drop will do. I want to see the result on the day of the practice. I'm just curious...

...and desperate, as all."

Time: 10 am, the FIA official practice session

As planned, the Dream Alliance will not attend the practice session, despite the fact that they have registered for it.

The turnout, however, is quite large. Even some sports reporters from various news agencies are wondering about the absence of Dream Alliance. But that didn't stop them from doing their day job, and just carried on.

14866089439_3845765f35_c.jpg

Stephen: "I didn't tell my team about the vial, of course. But....

...my reflexes have suddenly improved."

Braking late approaching the chicane, Stephen notices his quicker steering movement from his arms.

15052826425_ed95019a08_c.jpg

Stephen: "I can turn quicker, and even catch the oversteer faster than the usual! This isn't some sort of magical potion after all!"

14866088979_0109d44384_c.jpg

Stephen: "So is this the future of motorsports? All changed because of that little vial?"

14866088829_79bac2d382_c.jpg

Stephen: "But something bothers me...

...have I done the right thing, Axel? You taught me once, to use all possible means to win, right?

But why is there a feeling of disappointment? I should be liking this. I should be happy!"

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The first of the three-way battles will take place in Monza, so I need two volunteers. Take either the Z4 or the R8 LMS Ultra. Just install Engine Stage 3 upgrade, and then the rest of the settings are up to you.

We shall use Racing Hard tires. How the race must turn out, will be disclosed when we are in the room.

Thanking you in advance.

I'l be available. :)

Page 3 - Trump Card

After that altercation with Nina Hanne, and as well as getting to know her more, we have decided to shift direction, to actually perform our moral duty. Those robots must be - and if it has to be literal - crushed.

For Hiroyuki-san, this is a large burden he has to carry, but he doesn't mind. He already knows who our opponents are, way before our participation in the FIA GT3 racing series.

Deep inside though, I still wanted to win the series. Everyone does, and I'm sure Hiroyuki-san desires it too. We all want to win, right?

My personal agenda, however, is to show Nobuhiko how fast I am.... he is not the only one getting the cheers and praises!

Just two days before the Third Round, I am waiting for my coffee to be served in the hotel's restaurant. Such an exquisite ambiance, as expected from a 5-star hotel. And such nice silverware, maybe I can get the brand and buy silverware from that brand for my home. Yeah, talk about being a brand-conscious snob.

And then... Little Nobu shows up and joins me. He also orders coffee when the the waiter attended to him.

Nobuhiko: "Good morning, Takuma-san."

Takuma: "We're equals, so don't bother calling me with honorifics."

Nobuhiko: "But you are something that has to be respected."

Takuma: "Don't act so modest. You have bragging rights. I know, that deep inside you, you rubbing your victory to me. You have the right to go rough.

After all, we are rivals."

There, that should provoke him a little. I want to see him getting himself worked up too.

Nobuhiko: "Do not worry, I am using this championship to improve myself, just like I always do."

Takuma: "Glad to hear. First things first, quit calling me with honorifics, and you can
derogatorily speak to me, even if you have to be rude, I'm fine with it. I want to be intimidated. With that, it pushes me to be stronger."

Nobuhiko: "I can't promise everything, but I'll try...

...Takuma."

That's a good start.

Then our coffee arrived. Ahhhh.... the scent of coffee is enough to wake me up. I love it.

After taking a sip, he breathes out a sigh. Something bothering you?

Nobuhiko: "I wonder where is Big Nobu going to lately. He left early again this morning. He has been like that for days. Even my father is tight-lipped about it."

Takuma: "You don't have to worry too much about him. It's not like you are attached to him forever."

Nobuhiko: "Maybe I'm too attached. It's just the result of over 15 years of separation, you know? Of course you can't afford losing him again."

Takuma: "I had endured over 20 YEARS of separation from Takanori since birth. And we turn out to be fine."

Nobuhiko: "That's true. But I think it has to do something with his training..."

Little Nobu raises a good point. Where is his Big Nobu? What's he up to? He has been setting off without a word lately, ever since we arrived in Italy.

Time: 9 am

In answer to both their questions, Nobuyuki heads off to a mountain pass. He woke up early since he wants to take the whole day practicing.

Along with him, are some mechanics from AMG, and he drives the team's PR car modified further by AMG and wrapped in the same silver chrome as seen in the racing car.

15071054892_b4aec9a051_c.jpg

To confirm their suspicions, he has been doing it for days. He has been instructed by his father to continue training...

14884815758_51746feebc_c.jpg

He applies more pressure to the accelerator, and thinks back the instruction Hiroyuki gave to him.

Hiroyuki: "Italy has mountain passes, and you must use it to further your training. You might wonder why I'm doing this to you. This is something only you can do."

Nobuyuki: "Spill it, pops. I had been curious since the day you first drilled that training to me."

14884712489_04259a3473_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You have failed to realize that your greatest asset is your stamina. That is why Takuma is recommending you those work outs. That's just part of the plan, to increase your stamina. But the bulk of your training would be the matching of the times I gave you.

The mountain pass, however, presents a more difficult challenge. The corners will test your stamina. Each turn of the wheel and step on the pedals, your body is already having a strain. This is why you have to cool down to preserve yourself.

You shall be running in both the 4th and the final round of this Championship. It's a good coincidence that Suzuka will be the venue for the final round.

Let those Silverblade robots gather data from Nobuhiko and Takuma. But... they have yet to see your fangs tucked away within you. The gap between 4th and 5th round is too short for them to analyze their data and adjust their car. So you must use that opportunity to surprise everyone.

Yes, surprise everyone. YOU WILL BE DREAM ALLIANCE'S TRUMP CARD! TEAM SILVERBLADE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL HIT THEM!

That little factor, called Stamina, shall be the weapon we'll use in the remaining two rounds. Even a thing that small can turn into a terrifying weapon. We are all to prove the wonders of human potential! That we can be more superior to robots!"

Nobuyuki becomes more determined, as evidenced by his firmer grip on the steering wheel.

15071414715_6b5bd6dc8e_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "It makes more sense now. I will surprise everyone, including Takuma-san and Little Nobu! I am to prove my worth in the team! I will no longer sit on the bench and watch you two grow. I will also grow!"

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I am available the whole day tomorrow, so let us do the three-way battle in Monza. Just 3 laps would do.

- For now, I have to sleep early. I have been out the whole day, plus I caught a cold two days ago. I need rest... :(

I should also be available tomorrow before I test for ToCA as I'm not working on weekends.

Page 4 - Third Round

Time: 7 pm

Stephen enters his room, coming from an early dinner with his crew since they are to leave early tomorrow for the race.

After washing his face and brushed his teeth, he breathes out a sigh, and stares at the mirror for a moment.

Stephen: "What have I become?"

He reaches for the vial once again, and then consumes two drops this time.

Stephen: "Axel.... is this right? Please give me a sign!"

Time: 12 pm

This is it... the 3rd round of the championship. Man, we're in the middle of the tournament already? Time flies very fast!

As usual, I did some stretching routines. After all, your body will tend to ache if you don't, because steering using your arms and stepping using your feet, continuously during the race can strain your body a lot. For the robots, it won't be a problem, since they have no concept of pain.

I don't care. I'll be out there and make sure all hell breaks loose!

Hiroyuki: "Takuma, are you ready?"

Takuma: "Yes."

Hiroyuki: "This is your chance of redemption. But you have to keep your cool. I already know where your traits are inherited from.

From your father, of course."

Takuma: "I'll keep that in mind. After all, I have accepted him as my father, even though I only met him once... in the afterlife. And that helped me grow significantly."

Meanwhile, at the bleachers, Alessandro and Giuseppe have the clear view of the Dream Alliance. The latter sees Takuma...

Giuseppe: "That man.... he has an ominous air surrounding him."

Alessandro: "Of course, in entire Europe, he's called as the Black Dragon. He's a very skilled driver from Japan."

Then he sees Yuki, and that made Giuseppe suddenly fascinated towards that young man.

Giuseppe: "That young man beside him, he has something more sinister...

...but I have this weird feeling. It's like, we are kindred spirits. I cannot explain."

Alessandro: "You find him more interesting than Takuma? I wonder what are your true fascinations?"

Giuseppe: "We'll talk about them later on. But for now, I want to see why people are going crazy for this race? For me, I just see cars going in circles."

Alessandro: "Hehehehehehe.... I can't blame you for having that point of view. But if you are into fast cars, then this is a world you won't want to leave."

Moments later, the race has started, and Takuma is rather behind of the pack.

14918118397_c39fbeaca8_c.jpg

Ugh.... the SLS isn't suitable in these types of corners. During qualifying, we really are struggling to find the setting that will make the SLS turn better. 1,350 kilograms is simply too heavy for a purpose-built racing car.

But I have the firepower in the straights. AMG-tuned Mercs are truly what you can call German muscle!

15104680805_1690aa52df_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "What's your status?"

Takuma: "Tire pressure, OK. Oil and Water temperatures are stable."

Hiroyuki: "Since Michiharu likes a challenge, I figured you'll like this too.

The leading teams are Silverblade and BMW Motorsport. Stephen is blazing through, like a sudden boost. You've got to be on your toes."

Takuma: "Roger that. I always want a good fight."

Stephen is pulling away, huh? Bring it on! I want my opponents in their fullest strength, and I am insulted when they are hiding their fangs.

15104317452_5d46a5a84a_c.jpg

Concentrate. One opponent at a time. So long, GT-R. I don't care how fast you are at the Nurburgring.

14918124528_c52f153852_c.jpg

A silver Audi and a white BMW... IT'S THEM!

15104680045_82ea8db568_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Noel follows his current objective, to analyze the effects of the serum on Stephen.

14917998479_903b7c60fe_c.jpg

Noel: "Analysis in progress. Target's reflex levels improved by 30 percent. Amount of serum detected, also 30 percent."

Stephen: "I have sharper movements this time. I can control the wheelspin of this Z4 a lot better."

Yo, robot! I think you forgot something!

14917998499_6c8959e0c6_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Takuma, as much as possible, defend your third place position. Stephen is on fire. I can't even comprehend how he improved so drastically."

Takuma: "As long as the battle lingers, there will be a way on how to overcome your opponent."

14918041640_540896d45e_c.jpg

I swear, that before this race ends...

14917997829_821853782c_c.jpg

...I will pop up in front of you, Stephen! You're on fire? THEN I AM ON FIRE TOO!

15104315962_7f19810346_c.jpg

YOU WILL REGRET AWAKENING THE BLACK DRAGON!

Time: 12:20 pm

Meanwhile, at the hills of Modena, a car can be seen having a shakedown...

14907962610_5f86724b6d_c.jpg

Having no license plates, it can be assumed that this one-off Huayra is being tested, before being sold to its owner, a very important protocol for Horacio Pagani after the car has been completed. Plus, he personally tests this car right now...

14908060857_55a93c62e8_c.jpg

Horacio Pagani: "Signore Takuma.... your 2nd half of the payment is overdue. Long overdue..."

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The Huayra model chosen? It's the 2011 model. Personally, I find it easier to handle than the 2013 model. It could be because of the torque output of the 2011 model, which 774 ft-lb compared to 811 ft-lb of the 2013 model.

Less torque means less wheel spin, simple as that.

But the 2011 model can still go to stratospheric speed levels in stock form...

- The design inspiration? Zonda Cinque, of course!

Last edited:
Page 5 - The Big Three

Things are heating up nicely... Stephen is hot on the lead, and the race is about to finish.

But I have Silverblade's R8 right up in front of me. If this race had no rules, I could have crushed your car to pieces.

However, unlike you robots, I have a huge sense of honor, and I play fair whilst being aggressive.

14930277239_cf6736d725_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "All right, I believe in you. As long as this battle lingers, I strongly believe that you will take the lead. You really are a fighter."

Takuma: "Thank you, Hiroyuki-san! I will not let you down!"

14930403788_631bd6e0b0_c.jpg

Let's see how your logic will fare against my will.

I braked late, in order to get past by the Audi. The moment we were side by side, I looked at the R8's driver, and raised my middle finger.

Noel: "Offensive gesture detected. However, Target increases speed."

14930403628_bd01046976_c.jpg

Make sure you can gather data from my middle finger. I'll be disappointed if otherwise.

But enough goofing around, I have to catch Stephen! However, one thing bothers me...

15116971555_c36c0104b3_c.jpg

Stephen: "This is great! It's all going according to the plan! I will finally defeat the Dream Alliance! I have never felt this exhilarated!"

Last time I saw him race, he wasn't that good enough, even from the 1st round. Plus, he fell prey to Nobuhiko's tactics.

Now, how come he has a big gap? The car can't just go faster in a matter of weeks!

14930276409_48f7612250_c.jpg

Something is not right. You can't skyrocket your skills in a matter of weeks.

14930402988_7d69df3625_c.jpg

But what matters most now, is to overtake him at the final lap! The race is coming to an end! I must not lose...

...especially to HIM!

14930565100_3e11bfee93_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "It's the final lap. You don't have to rush things. Think carefully and perform your best strategy to win."

15113965931_2edde239cb_c.jpg

I must respectfully decline, Hiroyuki-san. You told me that I have a lot in common with my father...

...I AM A FIGHTER. I will attack in the most aggressive way possible!

Stephen is surprised by the sight of the SLS at the side mirrors.

Stephen: "What?!? How come??? I should have outran him! This is impossible!"

15113965551_95880d0b35_c.jpg

I nudged the Z4's rear end, to upset its balance upon cornering.

15116600922_59b2742df9_c.jpg

Stephen: "Argh! Not again!"

The Z4 lost its balance for a moment. All right, time to make a move! Don't take this offensively, Stephen. This is a typical move among touring car racers. You should be fully aware of it.

14930402288_1700fbbb49_c.jpg

In this mid-speed corner, I can use some available downforce to attack it faster! So long, Stephen...

The Black Dragon is truly a feared name in motorsports...

15116600562_e1cd5fd7f4_c.jpg

You know better not to tease a dragon. Dragons are not playful beings.

15116600462_cb28e35025_c.jpg

14930318760_55da5d0516_c.jpg

Takanori: "All right!!! He did it! He finally got a win! That was a rough battle, though..."

Hiroyuki: "Never expected that it will turn out this way, even from the beginning."

At Silverblade's pit garage, the Mysterious Cloaked Figure simply walks away, as Adrian and Nina watch the unexpected result.

Adrian: "It seems that your precious serum backfired."

Nina: "That is just a prototype sample. With more data gathered from this race, it must improve."

Adrian: "That Takuma guy, I gotta give credit to him, I'm afraid. Not even that serum can topple his determination... and the motivation created by his dreams.

A dream is a very powerful force. It takes people to new heights."

Nina: "Last statement recorded. Adding to the definition of the word DREAM."

Naturally, we celebrate our 2nd victory. While most of the teams have vacated the track, we stayed for a while for a little shindig.

Suddenly, Stephen arrives. What does he want now?

Stephen: "You! Takuma! You did a dirty trick!"

He rushed at us, and since Nobuhiko is right before me, he simply takes Stephen down.

Huh... no need to get that far, Little Nobu. But thank you.

And then he sees a small vial, containing a purple liquid, coming out from his pocket. Nobuhiko picks it up.

Nobuhiko: "What's this?"

Takanori: "A vial?"

Oh wait a second.... Sayuki did mention vials from her findings. Don't tell me...

Hiroyuki: "What is the meaning of this? Help Stephen get up."

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji, we found this, it fell off from his pocket when I took him down."

Hiroyuki: "A vial? Hey Stephen, what is this?"

Stephen: "It's none..."

Nobuhiko: "Better speak up or I'll break your bones."

Stephen: "Fine... it's a serum, to enhance my reflexes. I drank some of it. That's why I was really fast most of the race."

Hiroyuki: "Where did you get it?"

Stephen: "Hah.... hah.... from... Silverblade. But promise me to protect me from them."

Takanori: "Why did Silverblade come to you and offer it? Aren't you aware of something, Stephen?"

Takuma: "Hey you."

I walked a bit, and stand up right in front of him. And then I pointed my finger at him...

Takuma: "You live by Axel's teachings, am I right? You know, he'll roll in his grave right now."

Stephen: "Why are you talking like that? What do you know about him?"

Takuma: "He was once part of this team, and more importantly, he's my half brother!"

Stephen: "Half... brother?"

Takuma: "Even though we didn't spend a lot of time together, but during his final year of his life, I saw him work very hard, day and night, to achieve his goal of being the best tuner there is. He tragically died, but he passed on that dream to us.

Did you even realize what you've done? YOU ARE DOING THE EXACT OPPOSITE! Axel taught us the value of hard work, knowing his life when he was young. He worked hard to support his mother, and eventually himself! He never had a single hint of happiness due to the pain, and strain from his hard work. But that didn't faze him at all. He never had shortcuts. He experienced them all.

You know him a lot more than I do, right? So you must have known his ideals very well! And now, you are resorting to this? This stupid little chemical? What can it do for you? You think this will bring you further?!?

Shame on you. I'm sure my half brother will tell the exact thing.

Oh, you know what? That chemical will never topple us. We are powered by our dreams, boosted by our determination! THOSE ARE THE THINGS YOU LACK!

Just wait and see, how wrong you really are."

And he just left... without a response. Hurt much? Did Little Nobu hurt you too much that you can't talk? Or is it because of my preaching?

Meanwhile, while walking back to his pit garage, Stephen looks down, and eventually sheds tears.

Stephen: "I'm sorry, Axel... I am truly sorry! What have I become?!?"

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Big Nobu's Turn

Zzzzzzzzzz..... zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

zzzzzzzzz..... zzzzzzzzzzzzz... oh cupcakes.... I see cupcakes jumping over the fence.... No! Don't leave me! I want to eat you all!

Zzzzzzz..... zzzzzzzzz.......

Uh.... what.... WHO DARES SHAKING ME?!? TAKANORI!!! YOU SHALL TASTE THE WRATH OF THE RAGING BULL! MOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Takanori: "Aniki? Aniki? Your phone is ringing!"

Takuma: "Oh for the love of... who calls at 6 in the morning? I'll bash his face when I meet him..."

I picked up my smartphone. And who's the person whose face I shall bash on?

Horacio Pagani?!? What does he want???

Takuma: "Hello?"

Horacio Pagani: "Buon Giorno, amico mio. I have something to show you. Can you meet me here in my headquarters in Modena?"

Takuma: "I'm about to head to Germany. But I can just leave behind and meet you. I'll catch the next train to Modena right now."

Horacio Pagani: "Good! Because we have to really talk about something that Signore Ben's pending payment."

Shoot! I almost forgot... it's been years since he made the deposit. Half of the total sum was deposited, but since he died, he never had the chance to test it, neither am I, thanks to my revenge plot against Takanori at the time.

Takuma: "Okay. I'm on my way."

*call ends*

Takanori: "You're not coming with us?"

Takuma: "I'm even wondering why we have to leave Italy. It'll be another 2 weeks before Round 4. But I'll catch up with you, since I need to talk to Horacio Pagani in Modena.

Tell Hiroyuki-san about this. I won't be out for long, as well. It'll be just a small talk. You guys go ahead."

I headed out immediately and took a train to Modena. I have almost forgotten about that car... and I thought that they had stopped building it, since Sir Ben died.

But that car costs over a million Euros. You can't just put a stop on it, and I assume the car has been finished for long.

When entering the Pagani headquarters, you will be greeted by the sight of Zondas and Huayras about to be delivered to their rightful and lucky customers. For just 55 employees, I can't believe they can produce that much, knowing that Pagani is a small manufacturer.

For sure, this is not about the upgraded Zonda R 770R Nero Drago.

Horacio Pagani: "Thank you for coming! Come, I shall show you the final product."

He leads me to the facility where you can see Huayras being built by hand. They carefully install the parts, with utmost precision.

And then we stopped in front of a very special one...

15127774835_69a7b6fca4_c.jpg

Takuma: "Front canards, front lip and rear spoiler? I thought my adoptive father would want a regular Huayra."

Horacio Pagani: "But since he passed away, I have decided to touch it, take matters into my own hands. I have customized this Huayra for your needs. This is the lightest Huayra of them all, weighing a bit over 1000 kilograms!"

14941203198_b129fd9367_c.jpg

Takuma: "So, the extra modifications would increase the price?"

Horacio Pagani: "No no no! It's all for free. I'm sure this will be Signore Ben's dream car, and as well as yours."

Takuma: "That's too noble of you. I'll pay the extra."

Horacio Pagani: "You are an exceptional racer, that you deserve this."

Takuma: "And you are an exceptional man, creating dream cars that everyone desires. Thank you very much."

And then I bowed to him. I give respect to people who truly deserve it, and outside my family, there are only quite a few. Horacio Pagani has done so much in the world of fast cars. To think a company this small, can topple the big boys such as Porsche, Ferrari, and even Lamborghini.

That's how I got to respect him. I respect his dedication to perfection.

Horacio Pagani: "I call it, the Huayra 760 Sognare. Sognare means "dream" in Italian."

Takuma: "Perfect. I think this will fit well as my team's PR car. I already love it. I'll send you the check for the remaining payment."

Back then, I used to ignore the Huayra's looks, thinking that the Zonda looks better. Well, that's just because no one can get over the Zonda's looks, especially that there are special one-offs that spawned, making it even more popular.

Now, the Huayra's looks are starting to grow on me. I'm slowly liking it. Plus, it needs more aerodynamic aids and tweaks to the suspension.

Thank you, Mr. Pagani. You continued on my adoptive father's dream. 1000 Respect Points to you again. Hehe.

Before leaving, I bowed to him again.

Time: 4 pm

The Dream Alliance has checked in the Dorint Hotel, the hotel within the premises of the racetrack. An ideal location, one must say.

Hiroyuki then called everyone for a meeting in his room. Takuma had informed beforehand that he will arrive at the evening.

Hiroyuki: "This is just a short meeting. But an important one."

Takanori: "What's the agenda, sir?"

Hiroyuki: "Nobuyuki will race in the remaining two rounds of this championship. You have all been wondering why have I trained him in these past few months. 4th and 5th rounds are crucial for this, and only he can accomplish them.

If we continue sending out either Nobuhiko or Takuma, they'll gather too much data from them. Let's bring out someone they don't expect.

And the gap until the 5th round is too small for them to actually analyze the data and set up their car accordingly."

Ricky:
"That makes sense."

Rob: "In another news, I have something to report. Since you've spilled the beans, Stephen will be suspended, albeit in just one round."

Takanori: "One round?!?"

Rob: "That's because he had done so much good and donated to charity, those things reduced the penalty. Even then, the FIA is out to investigate."

Nigel: "I have finished acquiring the data from the vial. It turns out that the nanoparticles came from the spare ones. They had inserted it in Nicholas' body and started to acquire data from his past races. And with that, this has been used as a sample. Stephen is their guinea pig.

I suggest, that we must protect Stephen from Silverblade. No one knows what are they going to do next to him."

Hiroyuki: "He's right. Stephen is the only person who took this. And because he's under investigation, it's natural for Silverblade to eliminate traces of evidence."

Rob: "I can't imagine if they can gather data from me and my brother. And there's not even a slightest chance that I'll allow that to happen. I've spotted suspicious activity in Brands Hatch, while my brother is practicing.

I'm not going to let Silverblade mess up the World Time Attack Championship."

Hiroyuki: "This is really a global scale monkey business."

Yuki then slowly raises his hand...

Yuki: "May I add?

I have seen a cloaked figure in Silverblade's pit garage. It would be peculiar, since why would someone wear that... in a race event? I mean, it's not related to racing, am I right? Maybe that person has something to do with it."

Nobuhiko: "He could be. And since I am not going to race, I shall take this time to find him, and destroy him..."

Hiroyuki: "You can't do this alone, Nobuhiko. What if there's something bigger behind this?

Besides, we have to wait for Sayuki to give her latest information about this. She has finished interrogating Henry Lo. We should hear from her shortly.

We cannot afford to take any drastic measures. We are race car drivers, not brawlers.

Even by racing, we can crush them. We can prove our superiority through that mean alone.

Nobuyuki, now you realize, that you will play a bigger role than Nobuhiko or Takuma.

And it's your turn to take the stage."

Time: 1 am

An enigmatic car is doing the rounds in the Route 5 highway...

14941200887_e7c006269e_c.jpg

For days, it's been a common sight for street racers. Those who raced it faced immediate defeat.

Motoya Iwasaki, also known as Jintei in the racing circles, have been monitoring the car's movements ever since. His curiosity spikes further...

15124775051_991c3380ea_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Why would it choose to run in the highway, out of all places? What for? Even that menacing look is enough to scare off other racers. No one has yet to defeat it. I, too, had been a quick work for that mystery car.

Plus, even I have no idea what it is. The giveaway is the Nissan badge on it... and the engine note which identifies it as having a GT-R engine under the hood."

10540909_10204424491115817_2537066421790311598_n.jpg

After that, the mystery Nissan never returned for another lap.

A phantom of some sorts? The only one that can answer it is the car's driver...

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- That Huayra will play a role as the "VGT Killer".

- The Nissan VGT does not belong to Silverblade. The mystery will be unveiled....

...ummmmmmm, it'll have to wait. :P

Hmm Jintei... where have I heard this before :lol: (May I add, where is the traditional blue for Speed king? haha)

Page 7 - One More Round (Part 1)

I managed to join the team in the Dorint Hotel in Nurburgring. That little meeting with Mr. Pagani is a meaningful one, and I finally sent him the check...

The agenda is, that neither Nobuhiko nor I will race in the 4th round. It will be Nobuyuki's turn this time. I don't doubt his abilities, but why send him to race in the remaining 2 rounds?

Maybe this is the time to put all his training into good use. But for now... I have an idea...

Takanori: "Good morning! Hey, we'll have a track day session at the Nurburgring GP with the Mercedes. I wonder how Nobuyuki-san will perform?"

I took a slurp from my cup of Viennese coffee... Ahhh...

Takuma: "I'm sure he'll be fine. But I want this day to be more interesting."

Takanori: "What are you planning to do?"

Takuma: "Have a little showdown with little Nobu."

Takanori: "Showdown? Oh, right... I remember what you said."

Takuma: "A time trial will do. This time, I won't be so easy on him."

Takanori: "Good luck, but Nobuhiko-san can work you up real hard. I lost to him!"

Watch me, Takanori. I'll show you how it's done.

At 12 pm, the AMG trailer arrived, and the car has been unloaded. Hmmmm... I noticed more negative camber.

Hiroyuki: "Nobuyuki, are you ready?"

Nobuyuki: "Yes. More than ever."

Suddenly, I popped up.

Takuma: "Before that, I want to set a time in the track."

Nobuhiko: "So am I."

Hiroyuki: "What's up with you two? Oh all right, if it means setting target times for Nobuyuki here, then it's good."

Nobuhiko: "I want to have a personal lap time in every race track I visit."

Takuma: "Suit yourself, while I'm going first. I'll show you how an ace does it. Watch me."

Nobuhiko: "Let's have a shoot out, then."

Then Nobuhiko followed me into the corner.

Nobuhiko: "This is a warm-up, huh?"

Takuma: "More than just a warm-up. Remember, we are rivals, we shall surpass each other."

I left him with a grin, just to incite another provocation and then I got in the car.

After a warm-up lap, I put the pedal to the metal. Nigel will do the recording, and there's even a data analyzer installed in the car.

15136594242_553cb0a06b_c.jpg

This is serious now, Little Nobu. I am not going to let up for a second.

14950279949_806c8e5462_c.jpg

Crap! I overshot! I knew it... the SLS isn't really much of a cornering machine after all. The aerodynamic aids are still not enough...

15113969096_4fe0d0936c_c.jpg

But I can make it up... I can push it without the risk of excessive wheelspin. I can accelerate sooner.

15136593842_c180300c23_c.jpg

Oddly enough, in the chicane, it's rather agile.

14950421217_78427aa646_c.jpg

And I crossed the line in...

14950421057_e4bdc09531_c.jpg

Nigel: "1 minute and 59.9 seconds."

You're next, Little Nobu. I hope the time will make you sweat.

Time: 12 am

Iwasaki's R34 blasts through the tunnel at 375 kilometers per hour.

14950420907_b5e4288760_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Where are you, mystery Nissan?"

15136593172_c4347dabfa_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Your appearance reignited my passion. I had once ruled the streets of Tokyo.... and I shall revive that past glory.

This car has more power than ever before. I shall be Jintei once again."

He decides to enter Route 5, hoping he could find that mysterious opponent there...

15136974375_0bee3d3d9e_c.jpg

And his search is over. His target opponent is just cruising around.

15136593102_0dfb7c90f3_c.jpg

Iwasaki flashes lights to issue a challenge.

15133999181_2069858c7d_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "With this newly-gained power, I shall turn the tides against you! And maybe expose who you really are!"

Once again, the silence of Route 5 is shattered by the noise of Nissan's tried-and-tested engines.

End of Page 7

Iwasaki made a big mistake challenging the Concept 2020. This won't end well for him.

Page 8 - One More Round (Part 2)

Location: Kaido Speed Land Tuning Shop, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Despite the fact that Kaido closed the shop 2 hours ago, he is still standing outside, smoking and gazing at the rather starless midnight sky.

It's as if he has deep thoughts at all...

Kaido: "Someone is too excited to have a shakedown, eh? I did most of the work, along with some expert engineers from Nissan.

I did you a favor, but aren't you a bit too excited? Well, you haven't changed at all, since we first met.

It's not even registered, I hope you won't get us into trouble.

You are now an enigmatic figure. And to tell the truth, you are...

...creepy."

In Route 5, Jintei has initiated a duel with that mysterious Nissan. Determined, he steps on the pedal, intending to finish it off once and for all.

15147224355_d5b19ee1cf_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Just who the hell are you? Your car is not even registered. But I don't care. I'll find out soon enough.

My R34 now has 860 horsepower! I won't let you escape!"

However, he marvels at his opponent's cornering abilities.

14960656388_fd321a2ae3_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "What's that peculiar cornering? Its entry is sharp!"

And then it blasts away, without a loss in traction.

14960512639_5fe3e48d40_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Is that an FR? But an FR can't get out of that corner without a problem!"

15124202776_f1cd22836c_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Your car has the reflexes of a racing car! Plus, you have traction all over! Are you an FR or a Four Wheel Drive?"

Time: 3 pm

Nobuhiko takes the wheel. Having seen his rival's lap time, he has been worked up.

15147223335_57693674f0_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I can be provoked too, you know?"

Once again, he holds the steering wheel with his two hands. It's been a long time since he last raced here, hence he had little memory, for him not to use the One Hand steer.

14960658457_5855b186ae_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Takuma-san.... I have a large respect for you, and I will still call you with an honorific."

15147223025_0bd0330305_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "But that does not mean I'll back down! I will fight back! You asked for it, and I'll give it!"

Using his trademark reflexes, he turns the wheel at the exact point at the corner entry.

15146826932_393f14fd28_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I haven't gotten worked up like this in a while. You are driving me crazy!"

15124201936_c87730786e_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Whatever lap time I'll post, it's my sign of challenge! This is war!"

When it crossed the finish line, Nigel is taken by surprise.

Nigel: "Unbelievable result. Nobuhiko-san completed the lap in...

....1 minute and 58.1 seconds."

WHAT?!? THAT'S A HUGE SLAP TO MY FACE! 1.8 SECONDS FASTER THAN ME?!? I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT SLOWER THAN ANY OPPONENT IN MY ENTIRE CAREER!

However....

....that just means, he's serious. He's taking this rivalry very seriously.

15124201726_f975ac9d93_c.jpg

Takuma: "Heh. I want my opponents to be in their fullest when I face them. For me, this is his sign of challenge."

However, that was a bluff. I stormed out and just entered in the van.

I have provoked him too much. But really... have I gotten any faster???

Nobuhiko Hiramoto.... he has a monster inside!

I can't believe it. 1.8 seconds is an insult. I have overlooked on his abilities too much. Despite living in a different body, he still has the moves!

Then Hiroyuki-san enters as well. He gives me a pat on the back when he sat down beside me.

Hiroyuki: "Don't be discouraged, Takuma. You are one of the greatest people I've known. It's a sign that there is a bigger hurdle for you to overcome.

You know, my son feels the same way right now. Judging from your movements - both of you - it seems that a rivalry has formed.

With that, it brought back wonderful memories. You know, your personality reminds me so much of your father. He did not have any formal racing background. It was so brave of him to actually challenge me, and even to the point of punching my face."

Takuma: "My father punched you?"

Hiroyuki: "Yes. And it was a good one. I will never, ever forget it. Initially, I dismissed him as a mere man with brawling tendencies, but I was wrong.

As time passed, he grew into a menace on the race track, not only in Japan, but in every place he set foot on.

Just like your father, you always look for a challenge, and this is the new one for you. I am proud of my son's abilities, and will do everything to make up for my bad fathering.

But I have a huge respect to your father, and to you as well. He is the sole person I knew that valued the importance of hard work. He made me realize, that hard work alone can make someone successful in life.

We finally had a duel, to settle things once and for all. However, it ended with a draw, and it ended there, unsettled."

Takuma: "A draw?"

Hiroyuki: "That's right. A draw.

I even have to thank you, that you are playing a part in Nobuhiko's growth. Rivalries doesn't have to be violent and bloody. True rivalries are meant for the two people to grow.

Keep on fighting, Takuma. Keep doing it, just like your father did. Make him proud.

In the future, you will serve an inspiration for people from all walks of life. You may have a troubled past, but you quickly shook it off, and worked very hard to be the person you are right now."

He's right. This is the time I should not be moping around. So what if there's a person better and faster than me? It definitely presents a challenge! The challenge to be stronger!

All right, let's get ready to rumble, Little Nobu. I am at my corner in the boxing ring, so you should be at your corner as well.

BRING IT ON, HIRAMOTO. LET US SETTLE THIS RIVALRY THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER 30 YEARS!

WE ARE CURIOUS AS TO WHO SHALL BE THE FASTEST. AND THAT WILL BE ANSWERED SOON!

END OF CHAPTER 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Chapter 3 will begin with the conclusion of Iwasaki's race with that mysterious Nissan. Plus, the rivalry will go on, but that won't be the focus on that chapter, as that one is reserved for the results of Nobuyuki's months of training. Plus, Chapter 3 will be longer.

- And here's more - The second generation KANONJI-HIRAMOTO duel in Suzuka will not close this story. It shall be reserved, as a different entry in the entire Takuma Gaiden II. Probably after Passione Italia, but definitely it'll have to wait.

Takuma needs to channel his inner Michiharu if he wants to defeat Nobuhiko.

Major Announcement!
I shall extend Dream Alliance 3, for one extra chapter. That chapter is dedicated to that Nissan VGT, and as well as the identity of its driver.

And here's a hint - it will play a role in Takuma's improvement.

And at the end of the story, at least there will be 2 Silverblade robots that are destroyed for good.

The remaining ones will be dealt with in the other entries. Of course, the baddies must preserve themselves.

CHAPTER 3

Legend of The Silver Arrow

Takuma provoked Nobuhiko all this time, and in turn, their rivalry developed. Both are improving themselves, outpacing each other, until Nobuhiko set the standard for Takuma, being a lot faster than him in a time trial.

Takuma learned the history of his father's rivalry with Hiroyuki. Having learned that it was unsettled, Takuma now has a new goal, to finally settle that score that has been left hanging for over 30 years.

However, while the two top racers are outdoing themselves, another one will rise up, and will show results of his months of training.

As the FIA GT3 is coming to a close, Nobuyuki Hiramoto is very much ready, and the shiny silver SLS AMG GT3 is prepared once again to pierce through the competition.

The wonders of human potential shall unravel in this very chapter.

Page 1 - Refinement

15133346156_61aca44ebc_c.jpg

Iwasaki continues his chase. He is not allowing himself to be left behind. After all, he has a reputation, and pride to protect.

14969804987_62341d4a38_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "Even with the increased power, it seems that fate isn't on my side, after all.

But I'll try to defy it! I'm still chasing you!"

Seems very unlikely, though... as the R34 has started to lose grip, thanks to his high speed run a while back, consuming most of the tires' grip.

14969649469_e6e64647b6_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "This understeer... it's holding me back further."

He did manage to keep up, however, at a short straight...

...the mystery car's driver - wearing only a race suit and helmet - reaches for the switch on the steering wheel. He flicks it, and then a message on the car's screen at the dashboard shows up as:

PUSH-TO-PASS BUTTON ENGAGED.

KERS BOOST ACTIVATED.

Iwasaki is appalled at his opponent's sudden boost.

15153406731_2709e2be4e_c.jpg

15156379675_9cd9b6fa17_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "What's with that immense acceleration?!? Just how much power does that car make?"

And the worst has yet to come, as Iwasaki's R34 is too fast to slow down for the next corner.

14969700430_ff8f102331_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "I should have braked earlier! I'm too fast!"

It crashed on a barrier. Luckily for him, he wasn't hurt at all.

14969803808_eca7d00f4a_c.jpg

The mysterious car carries on, as if nothing had happened...

15156379115_5b95ed533e_c.jpg

Time: 4 pm

1.8 seconds.... that's.... too much. It's utterly impossible to close that gap, knowing your opponent is as skilled as you.

Nobuhiko Hiramoto, he is more than he looks. His gentle and humble demeanor would fool you. I think I unintentionally pulled out all of his fangs. I provoked him too much, for him to unleash everything he had on that time trial.

Then Hiroyuki-san comforted me, and I didn't expect that, since it will be obvious that a father will support his son. He did that, because I'm his racer, and he looks up to me so much. He shared his story, and learned that our rivalry came a long way. It's a score left unsettled for 30 years, as Hiroyuki-san's duel with my father ended with a draw.

And with that, I have a new vow....

...to finally settle it! I shall be the victor of this 30-year rivalry!

Moving on, I headed out from the van just to look around as Nobuyuki proceeds with his practice. He has all day to do so, since 4th round will be next week already.

Nigel approaches me, with a smiling face. I guess you are concerned, and try to cheer me up.

Nigel: "Are you okay?"

Takuma: "Slightly better. I just want to look around to cool off."

Nigel: "Since we'll be here for the whole day, allow me to tour you around my recently-opened racing school!"

Takuma: "A racing school?"

So that's what's keeping him busy lately. He runs a racing school, for aspiring racers. He introduced me to his students, and interestingly, almost all of them have humble beginnings.

You see, the stigma of racing schools, is that only the rich can afford to take lessons. Nigel aims to remove that preconception.

Nigel: "I'm really happy, that I am finally able to see why race car drivers work so hard. I started this school, to help every aspiring racer achieve their dreams. That's all thanks to you. I had to empathize, according to my father, and see how successful people become... successful."

Takuma: "Keep that up, Nigel. You'll appreciate their efforts, and also, you will see how human beings go through any lengths for them to be successful."

Nigel: "Oh, I also want you to see my demo car. Hehe."

Oh... so you beefed up your M3 GTS, eh? You have turned it into a track car. Well, it fits perfectly for the purpose.

Nigel: "And you can drive it, if you want. Just to cool off. I know how you feel right now."

Takuma: "Okay. I'll give it a shot. Besides, I need to toughen up...

14969803438_c506d73bcc_c.jpg

Nicely balanced. That's to be expected from an M3. Since when did M3s screw up in the handling department? I think none...

I'm having deep thoughts at the moment.

15153405241_78b07419ab_c.jpg

I felt there's something lost in me. I should have been worked up, knowing I have a rival that provides me a worthy challenge. But why am I feeling so down at this moment?

My footwork seems okay. I attack the corners without hesitation.

At the high speed section, however...

Crap! I entered too fast!

14969802867_a1942247ac_c.jpg

And then the car spun out of control.

15155978232_1d5e80b5b3_c.jpg

Sorry, Nigel. I am currently not in the right mindset. Don't worry, though... the car only got dirty.

Meanwhile, back at the GP track, Hiroyuki wonders about Takuma's whereabouts. Nigel is quick to respond, which sent a relief to Hiroyuki.

Hiroyuki: "Seems that Takuma is working himself up.

But I see the reason why he lost today. His aggressive, sometimes suicidal, tactics can only go this far. I commend his bravery and aggression, but he lacks refinement, a weakness that he shares with his father.

Nobuhiko won because of his logical methods, and he was even using two hands to steer. He has smooth and calculated inputs, despite looking "aggressive" to many, seeing his Super GT exploits.

Takuma's footwork does not automatically show refinement. Sure, he can control the wheelspin, but that's about it. He attacks and attacks and attacks, until the competition wears down.

And that aggression is more likely to lead to creating mistakes. But what I can praise from that, is the fact that he never gives up, no matter how much he screwed up."

Time: 11 pm

What a tough day. Whew... While taking a shower, I am still thinking about Nobuhiko's lap time, and then that little accident in the Nordschleife.

This is so not me. And then I just blurted out that I will settle this rivalry, that I shall be the victor. But how can that be possible, if I am like this?

Is it because I am so used to thinking that I am the fastest? That no one stands above me?

Suddenly, my train of thoughts stopped. My phone is ringing. And I'm still taking a shower!

Takuma: "Takanori! The phone! Get it and just knock the door!"

I got out of the shower, dripping and naked. I opened the door slightly, and reached for the phone that Takanori handed over.

It's Motoya Iwasaki. Eh? What does Jintei want? Well, at least he calls before I get to sleep.

Takuma: "Hello?"

Iwasaki: "Just wondering where are you."

Takuma: "I'm in Germany. And isn't it early morning there in Japan?"

Iwasaki: "I have yet to get some sleep. I crashed my car, because I was trying so hard to beat someone. I initially thought that it was you, since that speed and cornering are very reminiscent of you."

Takuma: "You are accusing me again? Why don't you get out there and gather facts?"

Iwasaki: "Because you are the only person I know who can be that fast. But who knows, it could be a totally different person."

Takuma: "What was that car you're chasing, then?"

Iwasaki: "A midnight purple, yet-to-be-identified Nissan supercar. It's not a GT-R, but it has the same 3.8 liter twin turbo V6, judging from the sound it makes."

Takuma: "First of all, I am not fond of Nissans, especially GT-Rs. My twin even accepts that fact. So you should put me out from your little investigation."

Iwasaki: "But if you are bound to face it, then go all-out. Even my R34 GT-R that exceeds 800 horsepower with the hardest of suspension setups and the stickiest of tires simply could not keep up. It might be something that will change the course of Japanese street racing, or worse, the entire country's motorsports. It could be even looking for you..."

Takuma: "You already know my stance on street racing. And I am already carrying the burden of the entire racing world on my shoulders. I am facing something much bigger right now, and I cannot afford to stray away and chase that stupid mysterious Nissan supercar you're talking about.

I have to sleep, as I had a rough day. We can talk again some other time."

I just ended the call. Another pointless conversation. At least, it happened before I hop on to bed.

Well, time to head back to the shower first, I have to wash off some of the remaining soap.

End of Page 1

Takuma needs to break out of his slump fast if he's to get up to speed for the duel.

Page 2 - Big Nobu's Big Break

I headed out of the Dorint Hotel the next day, as I intend to visit Katrine and check up on her. Meanwhile, the rest of the team are back at the track, watching Nobuyuki's practice.

14991037507_f0079257fa_c.jpg

And also, I want to speak to Stephen, if she'll be able to provide his home address.

I have to warn him of the impending danger, and as well cheer him up.

Wow... someone who's down actually has the energy to cheer someone up. How to do it? I don't know. Pixie dust?

Time: 10 am

Stephen is on his way to his sister's home.

14990860899_42738b1f08_c.jpg

He still has a heavy heart, after being beaten some sense by Takuma. There are times that siblings come together, to just talk.

When he arrived, he is greeted by a surprise. Takuma is also inside.

Katrine: "Oh you're just in time. You want some snacks? And Takuma here wants to talk to you."

Stephen: "What for?"

Takuma: "This is important. You are in danger."

Stephen: "In danger? And why are you concerned about me? I thought you despise me."

Takuma: "We have a moral duty. To stop the serum production, and destroy the robots."

Stephen: "Robots? You mean, all of the members of Team Silverblade are robots?"

Takuma: "Indeed, and they gather data from all of us."

Stephen: "That's crazy! No wonder they know everything about chemicals. Also, I cannot just allow myself to back out from the tournament just because I'm threatened!"

Takuma: "I did not say that you must back out. What you can do, is to show them, the power of hard work, something that Axel taught you."

Stephen: "I don't know if I can do that anymore..."

Takuma: "You're ridiculous. You cannot stop. You mustn't. I thought you don't want to back out."

Stephen: "I'll just finish the championship and simply disappear. I cheated, you know?"

Takuma: "Be thankful you were suspended for just one round. What you can do in the last round? Redeem yourself. It's much better than winning without a conscience. Redemption is also considered a victory.

That is also the best way of apologizing to Axel. "

Stephen: "But what about my safety, then? You just said I'm in danger."

Takuma: "I'll take care of that. I'll give you my number and call me if something goes bad. A very simple task on your part."

Stephen: "Okay. You look like you can be trusted, after all."

Takuma: "I just have to do my duty."

Stephen: "Why are you acting like a hero?"

Takuma: "Deep down, everyone wants to be one.

But the truth is, I am sick and tired of this mayhem that has been on for too long. Someone has to step in, and that's me and my team. All of us, have moral obligations. You should realize that. It is our obligation to help someone in need, am I right? That's a very simple thing.

Do your part, and we do ours."

Time: 3 pm

I didn't stay for long, and I hope Stephen took my advice into heart.

I arrived there at 1 pm, and took a quick nap. Takanori complained of my snoring, though... hehehehehehe.

All right, 3 pm. Time to put on some gym clothes. Yes, there is a gym in the hotel. Plus, I forgot to mention, that the room that Takanori and I are staying in has the view of the main straight of the Nurburgring GP.

I headed out from the room, and knocked on the door of the room where Nobuhiko and Nobuyuki stay, just 3 doors away from us, on the same side.

Takuma: "Yo, Big Nobu. Get out and we'll have a workout!"

Nobuyuki: "Oh no.... Hey, could you massage me when I return, Little Nobu? Who knows what kind of back breaking work out Takuma-san will let me engage in."

Oh it will be. Hey, for a man with tons of stamina, this must not be a problem for you!

Downstairs, the work out begins. After 30 minutes of running on the treadmill, a hundred bench presses come next. Then I added more weight...

Nobuyuki: "Oh please have mercy!"

Takuma: "You are not going to have a six-pack if you are going to complain."

Then I raised my shirt, and showed my abs. I mean rock-hard abs. I got it from years of work out, and yes, I did complain a lot too, when Sir Ben suggested the same drills for the first time.

Takuma: "And..."

I'll speak in a sensual tone. Hehehehehehehe...

Takuma: "On the way to work, you stop by and look at my half-naked pose on the billboard on top of our building, am I right? I know you have a thing on me...

Maybe I can take off the shirt for you, if that's what you want. I know you want to."

Nobuyuki: "STOP IT! This is awkward! And...

...CHUN-LI DOES NOT HAVE ABS. SHE HAS THIGHS! THIGHS!"

Oh, good comeback, Nobuyuki. I shall have my revenge.

Takuma: "All right! Next would be 150 pull ups."

Nobuyuki: "I'm in a boot camp... I'm gonna die."

Takuma: "Work those arms, Nobuyuki! We will be here until 1700 hours!"

Nobuyuki: "You sound like a general!"

Takuma: "If you want to win both 4th and 5th rounds, then you must do this. You'll feel the results. Trust me on this. Why, because I did those routines too, and look at me now. Look how far I've achieved.

This is your chance, Nobuyuki. This is your big break. Make a name for yourself this time. I'm sure, deep down, you also want to be in the same league as your father and your little brother.

No one wants to be overshadowed. No one does."

After that hearty work out, we rested for another 2 hours and headed for dinner.

Mmmmmmm.... sumptuous buffet. Oh dear me... that large roasted pork knuckle! And slabs of roast beef! Juicy roast beef! Man... the Germans can cook meat the best!

Takanori: "Wow... someone is too hungry."

Nobuyuki: "Ohhhhhh.... so that's how Chun-Li got her massive thighs."

All right. You win this round, Nobuyuki. But I'll be the baddest bully in the office once we get back to Japan!

Takuma: "Oops. Excuse me."

Someone is calling again. Oh, it's Alessandro.

Alessandro: "Hello. The Diablo is ready to be air freighted to Japan tomorrow. The car is sitting in my garage for the moment."

15154583176_b2da768992_c.jpg

Oh... I forgot to mention that the Diablo GT has been modified. But the best place to have a shakedown is in Japan.

But it won't be there for long, though. It will immediately go back to UK after testing is done.

I had it modified when I crashed it years ago. As a Lamborghini fan, I can truly say, the Diablo is the wildest of all fighting bulls. Even Sir Ben had the license plate customized just to describe the car in two words.

Takuma: "It's rather too early. But it's okay. I'll be there after the fourth round here in the Nurburgring. Plus, there is another car going to Japan as well, just shortly after the Diablo."

Alessandro: "I wonder if you can fit your supercars in your garage there."

Takuma: "Heh. I'm wondering the same thing."

End of Page 2

Don't know why but the time I saw the licence plate, Mad Mike sprang to mind :lol:. Nice chapter!

Last edited:
Page 3 - Fourth Round

I prepped Nobuyuki before the race day. As usual, he complained, and even retaliated. Hehehehehehe...

He needs to shape up, especially if he's racing in a major race series. This isn't a simple race anymore. A race car driver's body must be in peak physical condition.

So don't be surprised if, let's say, an F1 driver would make it in a cover of a men's magazine, showing off his guns.

And now, on to the race. Good luck, Big Nobu! Surprise everyone today...

Nobuyuki: "Time to do stretching."

Takuma: "Well, just follow my routine, and you'll be fine."

Hiroyuki: "Are you feeling nervous or tension?"

Nobuyuki: "Both. This is the first time I'll prove my worth to the world. This isn't Super GT."

Hiroyuki: "That's right. For this race, I shall give you an objective.

Fall back. Set a 25-second gap between you and the leader. Last place, that is."

Nobuhiko: "25 seconds? Isn't it too much?"

Takuma: "Yeah. I'd normally fall back for 7-10 seconds if I wish to play around."

Hiroyuki: "7-10 seconds will be too easy, especially if we're racing for multiple laps. With his skill level, he'll make it to the lead from a 25-second handicap.

Concentration is key. Remember this. I'm sure you don't want to be told twice, Nobuyuki. Get out there and run."

Nobuyuki: "Roger."

The race is about to start. Nobuhiko and I just sit at the back. I grabbed a bag of potato chips, and then opened it for me to share.

Takuma: "Want some?"

Nobuhiko: "Thanks."

Takuma: "I'm just wondering how will your big brother fare. Not that I am looking down at him."

Nobuhiko: "I am wondering the same thing. But maybe because of my pride as a racer, that I overlook at this abilities."

Takuma: "Life is full of surprises, isn't it?"

Nobuhiko: "Indeed. To start off, remember the time I raced him in Suzuka? As a ghost? He defeated me."

Takuma: "Oh right. So at least that gives us an idea. But we're not the only fast drivers in the world, you know?

How will your big brother deal with opponents he never faced before?"

And true enough, Nobuyuki fell behind after the rolling start. I noticed other teams talking about it. It's all natural.

But you are in for a surprise, folks. Hiroyuki-san will not commence on something that he thinks it won't guarantee success.

15197519382_71ecdabf29_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Stephen is at the bleachers, curious on the Dream Alliance's position.

Stephen: "Is this Takuma? Nobuhiko? Or another member? Whoever it is, they cannot afford to play around!"

Inside the car, Nobuyuki commences with his strategy, using only half-throttle.

Nobuyuki: "Proceed as planned. Nothing more, nothing less."

Back in the pit lane, Hiroyuki gets inside the garage, ready to explain the strategy to the team.

Hiroyuki: "You might be wondering why did I have to send Nobuyuki, and commence on his strategy. People must be thinking now that we are overconfident, especially that we won the 2nd and 3rd rounds."

15011328938_f71ffb5f6d_c.jpg

Noel gathers racer data of Nobuyuki from FIA.

Noel: "Data acquired. Nobuyuki Hiramoto. Podium Finishes - 0. Races Participated - Super GT GT300 class.

Rank - B rank racer. Action required - Normal pace."

15011231150_327fcebcda_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "First of all, this is Nobuyuki's first time to prove himself to the world. So this is an opportunity not to miss.

Second, remember what I've said - that we will surprise everyone, even the Silverblade robots. Only they know about Takuma and Nobuhiko's capabilities, hence pouring their energy and concentrating mainly for those two. We managed to tease them - when we sent out Yuki in the rallying event. Plus, Nobuyuki's latest entry in the FIA Database is meager, and unsatisfying to many."

15011105459_d280fc33a3_c.jpg

With all important data gathered, Noel commences on taking the lead, knowing that his target has underwhelming stats.

Noel: "Objective acquired - to secure 1st place for this round."

Back to Hiroyuki's explanation...

15011320377_d0ddb5751c_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "And third, this is also a way to conserve strength - both the car and the driver - by running at a relaxed pace. When all is ready, then you have all the strength you have to attack, while the others are wearing themselves out.

Also, this alludes to something that's running at the back of my mind..."

Takuma: "Which is?"

After another lap, Hiroyuki looks at the time gap between his team and the leading car. When it displayed 25 seconds, he turns on the communication system.

Hiroyuki: "Nobuyuki, start your attack. You have accomplished the first half of the task. You are 25 seconds behind the leader."

Nobuyuki: "All right."

Obeying his father's order, Nobuyuki simply puts the pedal to the metal. The audience is shocked by the SLS' sudden, rocket acceleration at the chicane exit.

15194857011_50523b6b39_c.jpg

The immense speed of the SLS AMG GT3 took everyone by surprise. All along, they thought that it's a laughingstock.

15011105129_58c43154fd_c.jpg

Takuma: "What's the allusion you're talking about?"

Hiroyuki: "Ah yes.... this is similar to bow and an arrow. Simply put, I released the arrow from its crossbow at the exact, precise moment.

The Legend of the Silver Arrow begins here. My personal wish is granted."

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Big Surprise

It begins... Nobuyuki's rise to stardom. This is where he'll proudly show us, what he's truly capable of. Who would have thought, that he hides a special ability, that ironically, Hiroyuki-san first discovered and exploited eventually.

A gap of 25 seconds is too big, to be honest. I even wonder why Hiroyuki-san came up with that. Is this part of Nobuyuki's special training?

He did explain, that it is for the conservation of both the car and the driver, but more importantly...

...it veils Nobuyuki's abilities, especially from Silverblade. His stats in the FIA database prove underwhelming to all, and since he has no nanoparticles, his victory can only be recorded, not his reflexes nor body functions.

Hiroyuki-san is truly a brilliant tactician, something my mother have noted....

15020776078_9d9272f8a6_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "You all have this coming! Heh, don't let my FIA data fool you!"

The stunt made the crowd drop their jaws. They never expected it.

15020775708_dcb715b2a7_c.jpg

Takuma: "He is like a trailblazer. Just look how he rockets up the ranks."

Hiroyuki: "Now the tables have turned. He has all the energy he can use up for the last leg of the race.

To tell you the truth, I have to thank Sir Ben for this. His theory moved me to create this training regimen."

Ah yes... the theory in which sheer human willpower and experience can shape a perfect racer.

15207350065_323ff33c53_c.jpg

Stephen: "Unreal. Who is this Nobuyuki Hiramoto, anyway? A neophyte? I have always kept tabs on both Takuma and Nobuhiko. I never realized, that Dream Alliance has a powerhouse batch of drivers."

Nobuyuki locks on the Team Silverblade's R8.

Nobuyuki: "You robots rely too much on data. Sorry, human beings aren't like that!"

15020773017_ae09cee6e7_c.jpg

Noel: "Dream Alliance detected. Change of objective required."

Nobuyuki hits the throttle at the corner exit, making most of the SLS' power advantage.

15020772617_e84f3069e6_c.jpg

Noel: "Error in calculation. Acquiring new driver data. Resolution to correct error."

15204288301_6aeb43cbbe_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Two more to go! See ya, Silverblade! Make sure you study my moves...

...if you can."

He finally overtakes the two top R8s at the beginning of the last lap, by braking late approaching the first corner. A risky maneuver, one must say.

15184312836_4aa09b3e69_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Man, this SLS rocks!"

15020661530_e14307c7d3_c.jpg

The black R8's driver is mesmerized by the sight of the chrome SLS, blasting away.

R8 LMS Driver: "How could this be? From the very back, he managed to zoom past all of us?"

15020773788_b2e5dcf98f_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "So what if I'm labeled as an average driver? That doesn't bring me down! I can improve as much as I want to! That's how wonderful human potential is! They have one thing robots lack!

Which is DRIVE! The drive to be stronger!"

The training paid off. We bagged another win. Look at everyone around us, they looked like as if they have wet their pants in shock.

15206961102_11de5da72d_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "I'm not just a backup driver! I am more than that!"

Meanwhile, at the Silverblade's pit garage, the Mysterious Cloaked Figure was not fazed by the results.

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "We shall begin our all-out offensive against Dream Alliance at the last round. All offensive maneuvers are to be executed.

But before that happens, we shall have a little party, and Stephen is invited. Japan shall be the right venue."

Nina: "The secret, underground laboratory in Tokyo?"

Obviously, Adrian overhears it, and what he can only do is look at his robotic sister with deep concern.

Kaido sees the mystery Nissan arriving at his garage. He opens it and lets the car in.

After stashing it, he looks at the menacing front fascia, with a confident grin.

15020558569_b0a8a423a5_c.jpg

Finally, the driver steps out, albeit with his identity concealed by racing overalls and helmet.

15020660940_67d879ca68_c.jpg

Kaido: "With that getup, you truly are an enigmatic figure. Plus, since you don't talk at all, that adds up to your creepy nature.

You owe a lot to me. I did most of the work, along with chosen Nissan engineers with it. The hybrid system they came up with even costs an arm and a leg.

We can only communicate through writing. Though strange, the meanings are very powerful. You do have a very powerful intention with this car.

So, are you satisfied? Does the car fulfill your purpose?

The mystery driver nods slowly.

Kaido: "Whew, finally. After 2 years of hard work, this is one menacing fruit we came up with.

But there is something much more menacing than the car.

And that is you...

You are the topic of every street racer there is. You even defeated Motoya Iwasaki, also known as Jintei, a big name in the Japanese street racing scene.

But you just mentioned in the last writing you sent to me, that your sole target is...

...Takuma Kanonji.

I would understand why. And it's very, very clear to me. No need for further words from you.

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Engraved

This is a special page dedicated to a crossover with another fanfic - Nihon Supidoran. It still is a part of the plot, just meeting up with the characters from that fanfic.

Time: 12 am, two days later

Oh... my... word.

15216095165_243462df5b_c.jpg

You still are one hell of a rodeo, Diablo.

15193054586_cdde330455_c.jpg

There it is, it's sliding again. But I gotta be thankful for the new suspension, tires and brakes, plus the rear wing. The car's stability has definitely improved, despite the increased power output. I managed the slide without countersteering.

Too bad, I have to send you immediately back to UK.

15193054516_1903fc87f7_c.jpg

How about I head to Route 7? I am curious with the car's top speed. Alessandro fiddled with the gearing, he said.

I remembered Sir Ben telling me how he maxed out this Diablo GT in its stock form at the M4 motorway in UK - at daylight, mind you - it reached a top speed of 330 kilometers per hour.

I enter Route 7. Oh my... I have to end this quickly, maybe my wife has woken up to find out that I got out from bed while she's sleeping.

I know what I said, and I know my stance on street racing. But admittedly, knowing the nature of the roads, sometimes, you'll find it better to have a shakedown on the streets. The problem with most race tracks, is that they are only open on weekends. I do understand why many would prefer a more dangerous and exciting way of speeding.

Luckily, there's no traffic around. So there's no excuse not to stretch your car's limits.

Oh, what do we have here? Some modified domestic sports cars? I won't be surprised if they turn up at this hour.

I need coffee, and good thing Parking Areas have vending machines. Oddly enough, the cars in question also made a stop over.

15216094465_27fa317c08_c.jpg

Yeah I know, Parking Areas are hot spots for racers.

A Z33 and an R32. I see two racers having a chat. I didn't mind them and just went straight to the vending machine.

15213015741_71d4f87a76_c.jpg

Let's see here... Oh, I'll take a can UCC Boss Black Coffee. 130 Yen. Wallet.... oh shoot, I have no change. I have 10000 Yen bills all over!

Kinda odd if I will approach those two racers. And now, my car sparked their curiosity. Since they see a UK license plate on it, it may look odd to them - what's a foreign registered car doing here in Japan?

I approached the two anyway, thinking that they may have spare change...

Takuma: "Excuse me, do you have change for 10000 Yen?"

R32 Driver: "Are you? Don't tell me... you're Takuma Kanonji?"

Takuma: "I am."

R32 Driver: "I am finally meeting THE Takuma Kanonji in person! Let's see, oh... I have in 1000 Yen denominations. Would that be okay?"

Takuma: "Thank you."

I got back to the vending machine and finally helped myself. I returned, and still, the two are looking at my car.

Z33 Driver: "Nice Z32 there. And is that a vanity plate? Good thing the cops don't pull you over."

How dare you call it a Z32. Maybe you could invest in a pair of glasses.

R32 Driver: "Idiot. It's a Lamborghini Diablo GT in front of you. It only has Z32 head lights."

Takuma: "True. And I just sent this car here all the way from United Kingdom for a little shakedown. I still love this country's roads, that's why."

Z33 Driver: "Shakedown, you say? Great! We would be honored if you let us race you."

Takuma: "Well, do what you want. I am here just to test the car's top speed."

Z33 Driver: "Did you modify it? And will it have those blinking neon lights all over?"

For your information, I am not like those Lamborghini owners you see in Ginza, showing off their Lamborghinis covered in bling and annoying lights. I pity those poor bulls...

15215697882_9070ce9701_c.jpg

Takuma: "Just simple intake and exhaust modifications. Power is bumped up to from 580 to 660 horsepower. Majority of the mods are at the chassis."

Z33 Driver: "By the way, I am what they called the "Gold License". I am not really into rough drivers. And I totally hate that mysterious purple Nissan that's been running in Route 5 lately. It even whooped Jintei, mind you."

So that mysterious Nissan that Iwasaki talked about is sending shockwaves. Still, I don't care...

R32 Driver: "So, care for a little run? After all, we are curious on how we fare against a supercar. And finally to face someone who actually knows how to drive one. Most supercar owners we encounter are just all show."

Z33 Driver: "Let's go. I want to lead first. Because it's just proper to guide your guests first. We'll start the run when we got down the ramp."

No need for courtesy when it comes to street racing. At the end of this night, you will hate me, Gold License.

15215697852_815344fbfd_c.jpg

Okay then. Time to hit it.

15193053326_8bdb6d163d_c.jpg

The Z33's acceleration is not too shabby. I really have to blame this Diablo's tall gearing. The R32 is inching up on me as well. In my defense, the engine is totally untouched, unlike those heavily tuned Nissans I'm facing tonight.

However, once I get past 250 km/h, it's a totally different story... Hah!

15215697322_fc395a458f_c.jpg

See? This is where the Lamborghini V12 will shine, at high speeds! Though the two cars are right on my tail. That's slipstream for you.

I am looking at the VBOX attached on the dashboard. 330... Oh no! 335! 340! 350!

15215697082_ea92f1d103_c.jpg

And then brake hard for the u turn. Very much stable, so much so that I accelerated earlier out of that turn. Even the Z33's acceleration advantage is gone.

Z33 Driver: "You've got to be kidding. You're lying! That Diablo has more than what you're claiming!"

15029507297_f855ec615e_c.jpg

Seriously, how can you hope on beating that mysterious Nissan? If your Z is like that? Even someone like Iwasaki fell prey to it.

15029506977_376c4b7996_c.jpg

The Z gave up. Adios!

15216092425_f15265ec26_c.jpg

The VBOX tells me that I am running at 367 km/h, at 8500 rpm. Amazing increase in top speed, despite the simple power modifications.

Farewell. It was a good run. But to think those two can keep up with me, that's really something.

It just goes to show how far humans can go, for their dreams.

That's something a robot cannot possibly achieve... Robots cannot dream.

Time: 12 pm, the next day.

Nobuyuki had spent an overnight in an inn nearby Suzuka, for him to practice for the final round.

Unfortunately, the race car is yet to arrive, so he decided to bring his SRT Viper GTS instead.

15029497798_1b2558b233_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Oyaji, and Little Nobu.... have their names engraved on this very track. Those two have made history, and I just sat down and watched them go faster."

Nobuyuki firms his grip on the steering wheel, a sign of his determination, a new vow.

15029497598_2b82d77c76_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "But on that day of the final round, a third name will be engraved, and this track will be the very witness!

NOBUYUKI HIRAMOTO. That name will also be feared. That name will be taken seriously."

End of Page 5

15193611226_174b07afd8_c.jpg

The Diablo's looks? Inspired by this:

Last edited:
Back