Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Calling for help once again for a three-way battle in Suzuka. Setup is same as the Monza battle - Engine Stage 3, with your setups.

This will be the second of the 3 three-way battles. The last one will take place on Route 5 and Route 7 - Kanonji Twins vs. Nissan VGT.

Calling for help once again for a three-way battle in Suzuka. Setup is same as the Monza battle - Engine Stage 3, with your setups.

This will be the second of the 3 three-way battles. The last one will take place on Route 5 and Route 7 - Kanonji Twins vs. Nissan VGT.
You can add me up if you want. My GT6 PSN is FD3S_Mat. :)

Ok, I'l try to make it :D

I can help as well. I can easily buy the Nissan VGT in the Night Shade color for the final battle soon.

Page 6 - Gift

Time: 9 pm

Team Silverblade gathers at a secret laboratory underneath a night club in Shinjuku. Only Adrian is the present client, just watching the robots having the meeting.

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "New objective created - Capture Stephen Biemann. Current location - Nihonbashi. First step is observing the target, and capture him at the most appropriate time."

He passes on the information to his underlings using bluetooth connectivity.

Nina: "New objective acquired. Executing plan with caution."

Adrian: "Nina..."

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "Relax. Your precious little sister knows what she must do. But seriously, keep your emotions out of this."

Adrian: "I am unlike you, I truly value the people, or in this case, the things I hold dear."

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "How long do you plan on deluding yourself that she is your sister? Nina is nothing more than a tool. A tool that will eventually make your "dreams" come true. And maybe, I can even help on healing those crippled legs of yours so that when time comes, the serum will be effective for you."

Adrian: "I seriously doubt that. You have no right to talk about dreams."

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "What you said also applies to you. You are effectively ruining others' dreams should this project be successful. You are already making a mistake ever since. Do not play the hero here. You agreed to this. You, too, are the bad guy here."

Time: 10 pm

Oh, just so you know, I came from the team's meeting, with Hiroyuki-san actually giving me a ride home.

Yuki isn't around, since he stayed in Germany to test his brand-new NSX that also doubles as a test mule for the production version. Nigel came with us, however, as he is given a special task.

Takuma: "You don't have to do this, Hiroyuki-san. I can go home by myself. Thank you very much."

Hiroyuki: "Don't be silly, I am simply returning the favor. Actually, this is not enough."

The LFA Nurburgring's interior is festooned with carbon fiber trim. Obsessed much, Lexus?

15038276390_f19d2203c4_c.jpg

Suddenly, he looks at the side mirror.

Hiroyuki: "Something is coming. Quite fast."

15038276170_8946f5c431_c.jpg

Then it pulled over at our side, running the same pace as ours. It's quite dark, so we can't make it out what car it is.

15221874601_f7e7726ecb_c.jpg

He looks at the driver, and suddenly... he got jolted. Something wrong?

Hiroyuki had a vision - a flashback of what Michiharu swore to him after that punch:

"And... I swear to god. I will take you down. One day, I shall defeat you!"

Anyhow, the car just accelerated away. What an odd fella, he could have just sped past us.

15038386607_29ab238fc4_c.jpg

Takuma: "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Hiroyuki: "I... just had a flashback."

Takuma: "Flashback?"

Hiroyuki: "I don't know why that was so sudden. Maybe it's the old age kicking in."

Could that be the mystery Nissan that Iwasaki talked about? And it's also the topic of street racers lately.

15038370948_6934a488ba_c.jpg

Time: 10:30 pm

After dropping off Takuma at his home, he is on his way back to his home.

He thinks back of that encounter with that mysterious car.

Hiroyuki: "That car. The moment I looked at its driver, I suddenly thought of Michiharu. Why? Why was there a flashback?"

He didn't think about it further and moved on driving.

When he returned, he goes to Nobuhiko, eagerly waiting for him.

Hiroyuki: "I just dropped off Takuma. Thank you for waiting, I thought you'd have gone home. Now come, I shall show you a gift."

Nobuhiko: "A gift?"

Hiroyuki: "To make up all the years of my bad fathering."

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji."

Hiroyuki hands over a handkerchief.

Hiroyuki: "Here, have a blindfold."

Hiroyuki guides his son to the garage. He takes off the blindfold, and the latter is amazed at what he sees right in front of his eyes.

15224959675_4269dda945_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What's that car? Never seen it before."

Hiroyuki: "The car that sums up who you are."

15038274580_77ed35fa7c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What?"

Hiroyuki: "Whether you like it or not, it's yours."

Nobuhiko: "I have to thank you, but... I have no idea what you just said - the car that sums up who I am."

15201924936_f0b0255146_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You should be able to find out easily. It is YOU after all. And as such, it shall grow along with you. Take care of it, like a seed you just planted."

With just that, Hiroyuki goes inside to have a rest, leaving Nobuhiko staring at his new car.

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Unveiled

Time: 10 pm, the next day

Nigel grabs some snacks from the freezer, and from the shelves. He also takes out a can of soda from the fridge. He pays at the cashier and then heads out to enter Rob's Evoque.

It turns out that the two are monitoring Stephen ever since they arrived in Japan, and they are parked at a good distance away from the hotel. Rob takes a piece of chocolate bar that Nigel bought.

Rob: "I can't believe this. Stephen has turned into our obligation."

Nigel: "He has exposed the serum technology, and of course, he is being targeted by Silverblade."

Rob: "If he's being abducted, then you'll send a signal to Takuma, am I right?"

Nigel: "Yes, and also Nobuhiko-san..."

Rob: "Those two should not really act as heroes. Do they even realize that I joined MI6 before I met you guys? These situations aren't new to me at all."

Nigel: "So during your hiatus in your racing career, you joined MI6? Why?"

Rob: "Personal reasons. And it has nothing to do with that lowlife Boris."

Then they see a black Audi A8 sedan, Nina comes out and gets inside the lobby.

Rob: "If only she isn't a robot, I could have moved on to the second base immediately."

Then the black sedan turned left at the intersection, just around the hotel, and goes behind the building.

Rob: "I'll move a bit. This is clear, they will take Stephen."

He moves the car and enters the same street, albeit just a hundred meters away from their target.

Suddenly, Nina carries an unconscious Stephen and enters the car. The car then rockets away.

Nigel: "Let's go!

SENDING SOS SIGNAL."

Rob floors it.

Rob: "Just how far can these robots go, just for that little chemical?"

15234730825_abbe2f354e_c.jpg

I helped out Mom close the store, and Little Nobu is actually the last customer to buy Mochi. He bought a box containing a dozen red bean mochi.

Suddenly both our phones ring. It's Nigel. What? Stephen is in trouble? But at least Nigel did a good job. He sent out the coordinates for the GPS.

Takuma: "Gotta go! Sorry mom, let the others help."

Nobuhiko: "I shall leave too."

Tomoko: "Wait! Where are you going?"

No time to explain, both of us entered in my FD. But first, I looked back at the boot, okay... check! My katana is here.

Nobuhiko: "You have a katana?"

Takuma: "I always bring my katana whenever I use any of my cars. Gotta be safe."

15048162717_b10d2be104_c.jpg

There is an excuse for me for speeding right now. We shall perform our moral duty!

15048036780_cf43927676_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "No mercy to all Silverblade robots. I'll crush every single one of them. They have been playing with my life for far too long."

You know, it is good to think like me. Just unleash hell!

15047969409_539eeb7b79_c.jpg

Rob and Nigel arrived, parked at a safe distance away from the Silverblade's hideout.

He goes at the boot, and opens the parcel shelf. He takes out a briefcase, and upon opening, it contains sniper rifle parts. His experience in the MI6 allows him to assemble the sniper rifle quickly and with little effort.

Rob: "Where the hell are those two?"

Shortly, Takuma's FD arrives. Takuma and Nobuhiko head out meet with them first.

Takuma: "Sniper rifle?"

Rob: "I'm in the MI6. Though this is no official mission, that doesn't stop me from using this lovely thing.

Accuracy International AS50 Rifle. .50 BMG, and has a firing range of 1.5 kilometers.

I'll head atop in a nearby building. They are currently located at the third floor, which is strange, since they usually operate underground, according to Sayuki's information."

Nobuhiko: "Let's go."

Takuma: "Nigel, come with us."

Nigel: "Understood."

With all set, Rob takes the emergency stairs behind the building he's climbing up to, so as to avoid suspicion from its inhabitants. When he gets to the top, he simply places the sniper and he drops down.

Rob: "Wish me luck."

All right, the three of us entered the building. We ran through the night club and then used the stairs until the 3rd floor. Then we are greeted with a surprise. It's empty, but it's filled with vials and large pods that can encase a human being!

Nigel: "Look at all those pods!"

Takuma: "Nigel, stay here as back up. Little Nobu and I will separate, to search for Stephen.

We entered further, Nobuhiko takes the right wing while I take the left. As I stroll along, I see a door, and when I entered...

...it's Stephen inside the pod! He's wearing a long white shirt, sleeping in the pod!

Nina: "Intruder spotted. Initiating Attack Mode."

What? Shoot! Nina almost got me with her kick! I had to block her moves. I got pinned to the wall.

However, I switched to a defensive Chinese martial art known as Wing Chun. I just parried whatever she's taking out on me.

She unleashed a punch, but I caught it using my left arm, and then I used my right arm to grab her other arm.

Then I made a twirling, circular motion, effectively twisting her in mid-air, but she landed effortlessly on her feet.

Whew... at least that gave me space to switch on the offensive!

Meanwhile, Nobuhiko enters in an empty room, looking around. Then he hears footsteps.

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "Toshiro Chouji. Or should I say, Nobuhiko Hiramoto. How impressive that you were granted another chance to live, albeit in a different body."

Nobuhiko: "You!"

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "You must be honored in meeting me. I am the leader of Team Silverblade. But then no one who spilled secrets about me shall live.

But I don't want to end the fun too soon. The Dream Alliance has meddled too much. You already destroyed Nicholas Ho already, and following it is the arrest of Henry Lo and Stephen's exposure to this prompted me to use Stephen as a bait."

Nobuhiko: "You used Stephen as a bait to lure me and Takuma-san?"

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "You always have a brilliant mind, Nobuhiko. You are correct, but Stephen is also our guinea pig."

Nobuhiko: "I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW THIS! I SHALL DESTROY YOU! For the sake of millions of racers and their dreams!"

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "What are dreams, really? They are nothing more than illusions..."

Without a word, Nobuhiko runs and unleashes a flying kick. However, his opponent managed to block it, and tosses Nobuhiko away landing on his feet.

The two then charge, and exchange blows.

Mysterious Cloaked Figure: "You still got your moves despite living in a different body. Impressive..."

Nobuhiko: "Shut up!"

Nobuhiko gains the upper hand, by kicking the head. When his opponent landed down, its cloak was taken off. Nobuhiko then cannot believe his eyes...

Nobuhiko: "You are..."

NH3: "I am NH3. Do you remember your old body, looking at me right now? How does it feel seeing your previous face? Do you miss it? Well don't worry, your old body was given a proper burial.

I, on the other hand, am simply a duplicate of NH2 that tucked away in a secret laboratory in Finland. When I was finally complete, I set out, and headed to other laboratories, getting duplicate robot bodies and make them look like you...

I gathered clients, promising them to give them the ultimate solution for their desires. They all want to be racers as well, but don't want the back-breaking effort of being one.

Now, with both you and Takuma within my grasp, I can simply gather everything from both of you! You are the ultimate racers of this era! And all your abilities are worthy to be harvested!"

NH3's left eye glow red, switching to Attack Mode.

The robot's movements have gotten faster, making Nobuhiko barely blocking his moves.

Nobuhiko gets hit at the abdomen, and then NH3 grabs him by the neck and pins him on the wall.

NH3: "I can simply end your life... and your dreams. Why waste your second chance on life, when you can just continue on driving and not meddle with us?"

Nobuhiko: "Agh... agh.... YOU.... HAVE... NO..."

Nobuhiko thinks back of his experiences, his sufferings and victories in life, even his family life.

And then what gave him strength, is the fact that he will be a father soon, to Kasumi's 2nd child.

He readies his two legs, and then spring kicks NH3's abdomen, setting him free. He took some time catching his breath.

NH3: "Human beings are truly impressive creatures. Such strength can only be possible from a human."

Nobuhiko: "Yeah... and... that's something you robots will never have. DETERMINATION! The most important thing I learned from Takuma-san is that! I fought for my entire life, even through the shackles of death.

Human strength can never measured by any means. There are no figures that can be published for that.

Now come!"

I am still fighting Nina. You are one hell of a good fighter, woman. But seriously, since you are a robot, I am not going to consider your gender and I won't pull my punches.

Takuma: "You ain't bad. But I'm afraid it's over."

I parried her left arm and broke it. Then I unleashed some palm strikes, and then finally a strong strike using my two palms on her belly, pushing her far back and slammed on the wall.

Nina: "Initiating Temporary Shut Down Sequence. Restoring Damaged Internal Parts."

Whew... at least she is not going to explode. Then Adrian comes in, rolling his own wheelchair and pointing a gun at me.

Before he can react, I disarmed him by kicking the gun away. Then I unsheathed my sword and pointed at Nina.

Takuma: "Pick that gun up, and I'll cut your precious sister to pieces. Next thing you'll know, she'll be at the junkyard."

Adrian: "What the hell is wrong with you?!? Is there something wrong with pursuing my dreams?! The dreams that have once shattered?!"

Takuma: "I admire your determination, BUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS WRONG!"

Adrian: "ALL RIGHT! I'M A BAD GUY! What I'm doing will ruin others' lives! I'm miserable enough already! I'm tired! My sister is the only person I have, to continue my dream!"

Takuma: "You are just as crippled as your dreams. You have no right to talk about dreams. You have sunk yourself lower."

And he broke down in tears. Don't cry on me. I can be a jerk as much as I want to. I picked up his gun and removed all the bullets before I threw it out the window.

But be thankful I spared both of you. I punched the glass of the pod, and then an emergency alarm sounded, prompting it to open.

I disconnected the wires on Stephen, then I carried him while Adrian is still sobbing.

I returned to Nigel and left Stephen to him.

Takuma: "Take care of him. I'm going to look for Nobuhiko."

I ran through the right wing. Hang in there, Nobuhiko. For now, I'll set aside our rivalry...

...BECAUSE WE ARE COMRADES! WE ARE BEST FRIENDS!

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Leave It To Me

I'm coming for you, Nobuhiko. Just hang in there.

I am running through the corridor, with my right hand firming its grip on the katana's handle on my left. I'll hack my way through if that's going to happen!

Meanwhile, at the left wing, Nina re-activates which sent a relief to Adrian. The robotic woman approaches him.

Nina: "Please don't cry. Your big sister is here."

Adrian: "We've done so much wrong to this world. Let's start anew. Let's get out of here."

Nina pushes Adrian's wheelchair, and sneak their way to the elevator.

At the right wing, the fight between Nobuhiko and NH3 continues. Nobuhiko reaches for NH3's glowing eye, but his opponent catches his arm. Nobuhiko then retaliates with a kick, followed up with another roundhouse kick, sending NH3 far back.

NH3: "Let's see how your determination goes.

ATTACK MODE 2"

NH3 attacks with triple mid-air spinning kicks.

Nobuhiko: "Can't you be a bit more original?"

However, NH3's reflexes have gotten faster, he manages to kick Nobuhiko's face, sending him down once again. NH3 then attempts to stomp Nobuhiko, but the latter blocks it, and tries his best shield himself.

At the other building, meanwhile, Rob waits for the right moment. When he sees NH3 about to deliver the finishing blow, he pulls the trigger of his sniper.

Rob: "Fat chance."

Then just as about NH3 is about to finish Nobuhiko off, the bullet hits the glowing red eye, making it spark.

NH3: "Left eye severely damaged. Primary function disabled. Error in computation!"

Then Takuma finally enters, and seeing Nobuhiko taken down but NH3 distracted, he takes the opportunity to release his sword and deliver a vertical slash.

Takuma: "MESSATSU!!!"

NH3 is split into half, with sparks flying all over.

The fight has ended, victory is assured. Nobuhiko breathes heavily while still lying down.

Takuma: "It's all over. Hey, you okay?"

I carried him on my back. Oh boy, he's seriously beaten. Is his opponent that good?

Nobuhiko: "I.... will.... never... lose... to.... you...."

That's the spirit, I know, you too, are a fighter.

And then he lost consciousness. You need to rest... if you want to beat me. The most important thing is, that you're alive.

We rushed Nobuhiko and Stephen to the hospital. I didn't need any treatment at all. Nobuhiko is not in a good shape, so just focus on him.

And we don't want him to die. We cannot afford to lose him again!

Stephen seems okay, and the drugs in the pod must have put him to sleep. But the doctors have managed to negate the effects. He should be fine.

I am in the other room, though, observing Nobuhiko. I called up his parents, and they are on their way.

Rob: "Can't imagine myself in this situation looking at my brother."

Takuma: "Huh?"

Rob: "I joined MI6 to prevent this thing to happen."

So you have something big to face, Rob... No wonder you were busy in the past weeks.

Rob: "We cannot stand seeing our loved ones like this. That's why we fight."

You and I really think the same lines. No wonder we're best buddies.

Rob: "Enough of that, though. Will he be okay?"

Takuma: "He will be. He has a fighter within. He'll never give up."

Rob: "I, too, am keeping tabs on Silverblade. I am doing my job as an MI6 agent. There is something bigger behind the scenes.

Finishing off their leader doesn't end our problem. Don't ever forget the clients who bought those robots, plus the fact that Nina and Adrian escaped."

Takuma: "So there are other clients as well?"

Rob: "Of course they will make their purchases worthwhile. They'll push through the serum project, definitely. They will be the ones pulling the strings. Henry Lo told everything to me.

Now, they're targeting Dennis and the World Time Attack Championship. And I will send them all to hell even if one of them they lays a finger on him.

I'll make sure of it."

And then at the window, I see Hiroyuki-san and Kyoko-san coming to this room, guided by Nigel. Of course, they're worried. What kind of parents are they if they don't?

Kyoko: "Oh dear! Is Nobuhiko okay?"

Takuma: "He'll wake up soon. His vital signs are stable. I can tell. He is a fighter."

Hiroyuki: "He fought all the way. Even in death, he did. He'll make through."

Rob: "Nina and Adrian escaped. We may have finished off their leader, but that doesn't end our problems. Don't worry, Hiroyuki, the MI6 is also taking care of this case. I had never thought that this will go in a global scale, that FIA sought the help of both CIA and MI6.

Let me deal with those clients. I have a personal vendetta to settle with one of them."

Hiroyuki: "Thank you for all the help you provided so far. We could use a sniper like you. Takuma told me you hit NH3 right in its left glowing eye."

Rob: "I did? I was aiming for the head. But then again, he's a robot. I don't think a mere bullet can stop them cold. So I thought a diversion would be my least possible help I can provide.

I have to go. Call me if ever you need my help. After all, these two chumps can't just take care of this by themselves.

I'll watch the final race. See you there."

Takuma: "You're the one to talk, just because you are an MI6 agent. See ya, buddy. And thank you very much."

You act like Jason Statham, who is both good behind the wheel and hand-to-hand combat. In fact, you closely resemble his looks, albeit younger.

Time: 8 am

Nobuyuki finishes having a bath. Then after getting dressed for the scheduled practice in Suzuka, he gets down to the kitchen and makes breakfast. He cracks an egg and then gets the Natto (fermented soybeans) ready.

He hears the cordless phone ringing and he picks it up.

Hiroyuki: "Hello."

Nobuyuki: "Oh good morning, Oyaji. I'm about to have breakfast. The AMG crew is ready with the SLS, and they shall be at Suzuka at 9:30 am."

Hiroyuki: "Good. For now, I'm at the hospital."

Nobuyuki: "WHAT?!? What happened to you? Are you okay?"

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko isn't. He'll wake up probably soon. He, along with Takuma and Rob finished off the leader of Silverblade. The cloaked figure that Yuki saw turns out to be NH3, a duplicate of NH2, with Nobuhiko's features but in a robotic body.

No wonder your little brother had a rough fight.

Now, don't rush all the way here. Focus on your practice. Everything is all right. Channel your determination to win, to crush Silverblade in this one final round, through driving.

You have to be in top form this weekend. See you on Sunday."

An hour later, Nobuyuki arrives in Suzuka and immediately starts the practice after some briefing with the crew.

15058949059_3bc8938789_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "They're playing dirty. I am not going to show mercy on Silverblade. They must tremble in fear that a Hiramoto is in Suzuka."

15059019630_a400bb3456_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "On Sunday, another name will be engraved in the history of this place. This will not be a typical Sunday race."

And then he utters a line he used to say when he and Nobuhiko were kids when they were playing.

15242615611_cf3db04204_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Don't worry, Little Nobu. Big Nobu will take care of your little booboo. Leave it to me."

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page is the start of the final round. Nobuyuki will keep his word, and will actually disobey Hiroyuki's instruction.

- With Rob's enlistment in MI6, it's a confirmation that I will push through with another entry in the Takuma Gaiden II GT6 fan fiction. It'll be about the World Time Attack Championship, with Rob and Dennis Hatch being the stars. Of course Takuma will still narrate the story, and will play a smaller role than the two.

It shall explain further Rob's reasons of entering MI6, as he has something to settle with one of the clients who funded Silverblade's serum project. It will definitely not be Boris, as it is an entirely new character.

Rob's sole purpose is to protect Dennis from harm. Jason Statham-esque action scenes on the way. :P

Confirmed cars: - McLaren MP4-12C, KTM X-Bow Street, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru Impreza STi S206 NBR Challenge, Aston Martin DP-100 VGT.

Page 9 - Fifth Round

Sunday... the day in which it's our final opportunity to prove ourselves to the world. Too bad, Nobuhiko won't be able to make it.

Well, me too. I decided to pay him a visit instead, and watch the race on television.

He was already awake, the day after he was rushed here. He has a broken right arm, but the rest are good.

Nobuhiko: "Takuma-san. I thought you are going to watch."

Takuma: "I decided not to. I want to check on you. I cannot just leave my friends like that."

Nobuhiko: "Thank you. Thank you for arriving at the right moment."

Takuma: "I value my friends so much, that I cannot bear to see them hurt. After all, we are fulfilling our moral duty as racers.

Focus on recovering. We can deal the rest later on. Rob is doing everything he can to get information."

Nobuhiko: "It's such a nice coincidence, that the race will take place in Suzuka. Big Nobu has something to prove. I can tell it, even during the 4th round."

Takuma: "In Suzuka, it's your playground. No. Your family's playground. I think your big brother will do something different this time.

He's not going to play around, I think..."

Nobuhiko: "Possibly."

Kyoko then enters the room, surprised at Takuma's presence.

Kyoko: "Takuma-san! What a surprise."

Takuma: "I came here to check on your son. It seems that he has made a significant recovery."

Kyoko: "Thank goodness he made through."

Takuma: "He is a very strong person."

Kyoko: "I wish I could watch Nobuyuki's race today."

Takuma: "Well, the race is about to start. Here, please have a seat and watch."

Time: 11 am

In a few minutes, the race will start. Nobuyuki is doing last minute stretches, while Hiroyuki reads the car settings provided by the chief mechanic.

Takanori gets some coffee, while Rob resumes his job as an MI6 agent, to monitor on Silverblade's actions.

Rob: "It seems very normal in Team Silverblade. Without the head honcho, Nina must have been stressed with more functions.

Takanori: "What about Stephen?"

Rob: "Lay him off. He's not doing something suspicious this time. Plus, the serum was already extracted by the doctors - by my request."

Takanori: "Why is that so?"

Rob: "MI6 needs it, that's why. That's obviously part of the investigation."

Takanori: "Man... you seem to love your work. I, on the other hand, am wishing for this championship to extend. I have work immediately! Well, all of us! The moment I returned in this country, the director of Motoring Weekly already gave me the task of doing a long-term review of the Nissan GT-R NISMO!"

Rob: "Shouldn't you be excited?"

Takanori: "Part of it. But there is already pressure! Motoring Weekly will be the first car review show to do such a review on that car! And it will take three months for me to finish it! I have to cover its everyday usability, performance, tax penalties, and even running costs in that time span!"

Rob: "As both a racer and an agent, my life is on the line. And I'm fine with it. There is always excitement in the air."

Hiroyuki then approaches his son, to make the last briefing.

Hiroyuki: "This is the final round. Pour everything you have learned."

Nobuyuki: "Understood."

Hiroyuki: "And make your little brother proud. He's watching, I suppose. Your performance might help him recover."

Nobuyuki: "It's already my priority, Oyaji. At the end of this race, something will be written on the history book."

Hiroyuki: "For this race, stick to the same strategy as the previous round. 25 seconds gap."

After the rolling start, Hiroyuki is surprised
Nobuyuki is actually moving up the ranks.

15071667667_88f588e325_c.jpg

Nobuyuki opens up the communication system, intending to explain to his father.

Nobuyuki: "Oyaji, I'm sorry, but I have to disobey your order. I want Little Nobu to see my true potential!"

Hiroyuki: "I see.... I cannot oppose, am I right?"

15235227126_8e32eea20b_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Oyaji, now's not the time to show parlor tricks. I want to defeat Silverblade in my own way. But this is also to prove your belief on human potential. It's not about endurance this time!"

15235226886_6a0e2af895_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "It's how human potential can move mountains! I will show those robots that we are immeasurable!"

15257837782_fe57106766_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "If that is your wish, then. If you believe you can come up with a better way, then I cannot oppose it.

It all still lies on the driver! I believe in you, Nobuyuki...

...and this is the rite of passage for you. This is Suzuka, you know?"

Nobuyuki: "Of course. Racers must know that a Hiramoto is a feared and respected figure in Suzuka! I shall prove it to them right now!

You... and Little Nobu made historical moments here.

NOW, IT'S MY TURN! I WILL ENGRAVE MY NAME ON THIS VERY PLACE!

Hiroyuki: "Now that's a Hiramoto! Prove to them that they are only guests in our sacred playground!"

Suddenly, Hiroyuki's smartphone rings. He picks it up after shutting off the radio communication.

Hiroyuki: "Hello?"

"I am watching your son's race. He really is your son. I guess Hiramotos are the guardians of Suzuka.

So, did Nobuhiko like the FT-1?"

Hiroyuki: "He has yet to drive it, since he got injured a few days ago. But his first impression is seen as positive."

"Well, we can start the FT-1 PHASE 2 immediately. The custom, high-revving twin turbo inline-6 you developed on your own, plus the KERS Hybrid System are all ready.

And the racing aero kit is hot off the factory. All we need is your go signal."

Hiroyuki: "That will be on hold. I'll tell you when to start. Oh, last time I touched the engine, I actually did not know how high it revs. You took charge on it, am I right?"

"It revs up to 10,000 rpm. That is something unprecedented for a twin-turbo inline 6. You are obsessed with inline 6 engines ever since you bought your 2000GT. So, when can we install all the parts?"

Hiroyuki: "Once the car reaches a "certain point" in its growth. The seed is yet to be watered."

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Quite short, I know. But at least Nobuyuki expressed his desire to be the best.

- Next page will be long, as it will feature another heated three-way battle of the German Big Three.

Page 10 - Returning The Favor

The heat is on, Nobuyuki decided to win the race his own way, disobeying his father's orders. Eventually, Hiroyuki conceded, as he supports what his son thinks is the best.

When a child has grown so much, it's time to venture on his own - to seek a new path, to accomplish his lifelong goal, much like a fully-grown bird flying away from its nest, after years of learning how to fly.

But Nobuyuki has grown without the watchful eyes of his father during his lonely youth. He strives to be the best, on his own way, learning from his experiences.

And now, it's time for him to venture on to glory - to carve his name in the history of Japanese motorsports, to be fully recognized and yearn to get out from the shadows of both his little brother and father.

Time for Nobuyuki to attack!

As the race lingers on, the top two racers fight for the win. However, Stephen seems to come up with a plan, after being saved by Takuma - an unlikely savior, if you ask him.

15266434545_417fce46bb_c.jpg

Stephen: "You cannot get away with what you've done, Silverblade. Neither do I. We've both done so much damage in the world of racing."

15263343181_445e79cc89_c.jpg

Noel: "Opponent - Stephen Biemann. Identified as Traitor. Executing with 100% efficiency."

15243437946_340a579787_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Stephen is about to pass the R8. He never gives up, even though he's been brought down by controversy and eventually being used. He holds on to his ideals."

Using the weight advantage over the R8, Stephen moves in and attacks the first corner aggressively.

15079699309_8f7a75496a_c.jpg

Stephen: "You robots follow your programming and logical crap. Humans can just go at it without any hesitation!"

With the lead on his grasp, his plan commences...

Stephen: "I have always been a firm follower of Axel. But my pride had lead me to do one big mistake, and thank you for teaching me, Dream Alliance.

I am once again back in the light, the light that illuminates my path to success.

I feel so much in debt to you. And I shall perform my act of gratitude!"

Stephen starts by using just half the throttle, and braking suddenly whenever the R8 attempts to pass.

15263342481_c9c2d9eb30_c.jpg

Noel: "Opponent performing diversion strategy. Searching for countermeasures."

15243437346_2a1aef3b03_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Is it just me, or are they really slowing down? Those cars are just as fast as this one..."

After some calculations, it's Noel's turn to attack.

15079877337_3a8c597ede_c.jpg

Noel: "Performing offensive maneuver based on calculation. Exterminating traitor."

Noel plunges the R8 on to the Z4, sending them both to the ditch. However, the former manages to get away easily after being overtaken by the SLS.

Stephen: "Shoot!

This is all I can do for now. I'm sorry.

I'm leaving it up to you, Dream Alliance. You saved me from darkness, and now...

...save the racing world."

15079698759_0cf1dd8f0b_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "All right, it's just you and me now, Noel Honore..."

15266433175_f3ffd54c61_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Make sure you have energy in your batteries. Because we'll go all-out! Let's see who will last!"

15266048492_119a88397a_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Let's go, Silverblade! Let us play in this high speed playground. Make sure you don't tire yourself out, okay? No one wants to end the fun so soon..."

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page is the conclusion, titled: Legend of The Silver Arrow - Reborn

I guess those VGT cars are a nice touch ups to the story, huh?

Well, yes. Remember, this is a Race Report with a storytelling touch. A car is featured, with my experiences of it translated in fiction.

And VGTs will prove a challenge to the normal cars as well - it's my way of comparison and as well answering the question: "Are VGTs worth it? Is the Vision Gran Turismo program paving towards the future of racing? Or are we, as racers, are the ones to pave our way for the future?"

Pitted some of the fanfic cars in a Sierra time trial:

image.jpg

I guess Rob is right about selling his Lan Evo...

The Nismo GT-R there is the upcoming "Takanori Edition", with lighter weight, new suspension and brakes along with the "N-Attack" wing.

The Dream Alliance Elise came close to beating the Nismo though. Takanori would be pretty embarrassed if it did. :lol:

Page 11 - Silver Arrow Reborn

The final stretch.

The decisive battle between man and machine will finally come to a close. Everyone sits still, cannot afford to take their eyes off for a single moment.

The fate of the racing world lies on Nobuyuki's hands.

15253499266_b24e06bc4e_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Make sure you have energy left, Silverblade. Let's go all-out!"

Meanwhile, at the Silverblade pit garage, Rob sneaks through. Hiding from behind the caravan, he sees a man in a business suit approaching Nina and Adrian.

It took him a while to recognize, but as the man looks around...

Rob: "What do you know? I'd never expected him to show up. So he's part of the serum project...

...but at least now, I have an excuse to take you down my own way. It's like killing two birds in one stone.

I'll never, ever forget what you did. You are the reason why my father divorced mother. What part of you did my mother find irresistible?

The man in question is a British scientist named Professor Bill Murray. He is the one that bought Noel, and intends to use him for further research. He is also the person who funded the most amount of money for the project, hence making he feel that he pulls the strings.

Bill: "How's Noel doing?"

15089750799_26f5094178_c.jpg

Noel: "Final lap. Switching to FULL RACE MODE. Reflexes are at 100%, throttle input at 100%."

Nina: "Noel is battling at his fullest, sir. We never expected Dream Alliance to perform impressively."

Bill: "That SLS in front of him? I see. You could never doubt human potential, after all. But if we can harness it and use it as business, then why not?

As of this moment, I shall replace that ominous figure. Serves him right. I must be the one pulling the strings. I shall be the one resuming this serum project."

Adrian once again shakes his head in disappointment, and he heads further inside.

Back in the race...

Nobuyuki: "I know, your R8 corners faster and is way lighter. But then, so what?!?"

15273382441_7bd5ba6a39_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Sometimes, you gotta defy logic if you want to be successful!"

Then after passing by the Degner curve, Noel floors the R8...

Noel: "Performing offensive maneuver based on calculation."

15089930408_77a4e55e6d_c.jpg

However, Nobuyuki just follows his racing line, and dives in earlier approaching the hairpin, missing the attack.

15273381961_a398275fcd_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "That's what I want to see! Aggression! You truly know how to play my game."

Then at the Spoon Curve, Noel attempts another offensive maneuver. But he only ended up tapping the SLS' rear.

Nobuyuki: "My turn now! I'll go full throttle! Make sure you catch up!"

15089929948_3667691c4f_c.jpg

Nobuyuki fully unleashes the volcanic AMG V8 engine.

Back in the pits, Nina is surprised by Noel's battery reading. It's on its critical level.

Nina: "Noel's battery is about to die out! He used up all the energy, especially at this lap, wherein he switched on FULL RACE MODE."

15276495795_417662d7c3_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "I'm not going to let up for a second! Suzuka deserves to see my true potential! And soon, it shall add a third master! NOBUYUKI HIRAMOTO!"

Finally, after passing 130R, Noel's battery died out.

Noel: "Battery level on zero. Shutting down..."

Seeing that the R8 will perform another attack, Nobuyuki simply swerves to the right and then brake. However, he is wondering...

Nobuyuki: "Eh??? Something wrong? Did the R8's brakes failed to function?"

15276115092_78029e0c23_c.jpg

The R8 has crashed on the tire wall. Sparks fly out of Noel's body as the impact severely damaged his internal parts.

Nina: "Noel... he's... destroyed."

Bill: "No matter, dear. The serum is important. We can simply extract it from Noel, since he gathered a lot of data from all of the 5 races. I must say he has done quite a good job."

Adrian: "So you are just going to dispose of him? Just like that?"

Bill: "He's a tool. And so does your sister. You are the only client among us that have emotional attachment to a robot."

Adrian: "At least I have a sister. What about you?"

15089798160_ccd0616ea6_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "That's the price of perfection..."

15276114482_8ba208fe99_c.jpg

News of the R8's crash reached the pit garage of Dream Alliance as well. They all celebrate their victory.

Takanori: "We did it!!! Up yours, Silverblade!"

Hiroyuki: "The Silver Arrow... finally pierced through the championship. Nobuyuki, it was right for you to disobey me, after all. You did it. You have proven the world once again, the wonders of human potential."

15089797330_7024521e3b_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You have made a name for yourself, Nobuyuki. Suzuka has finally witnessed the true you."

Meanwhile, in the hospital in Tokyo, Nobuhiko sheds a single tear after watching the victory.

Nobuhiko: "That's my Big Nobu. I know he can do it!"

Takuma: "Looks like I am going to watch out for him as well. But I am happy for my comrades getting stronger and faster."

Time: 8 am, a week later

Well, everything is back to normal. We received loads of cash for the overall win, and divided it among the members of the team.

And now, we shall kick off the latest season of the show. Nobuhiko got discharged, and has to work with a cast on his arm for a month. He is given permission not to do road tests for that time being.

And then we popped out the confetti when Nobuyuki entered the office. Every single member of the Motoring Weekly team congratulates him.

Nobuyuki: "Hey, what's with all the confetti?"

Takanori: "You deserve this, you Big Nobu!"

Nobuyuki: "Thank you, guys! I'm finally happy, that... everyone saw my true worth! *sheds tear* I've worked so hard for this!

But of course, it won't be possible without the help of the entire Dream Alliance!"

All four of us have a group hug. That's how powerful our friendship is. No one can achieve greatness alone.

Nobuyuki: "So, how's your arm now, Little Nobu?"

Nobuhiko: "It'll be fine in a month. Don't worry about me, I won't strain myself."

Takuma: "Oh shoot... we have so much work to do."

Takanori: "I know I shouldn't have come here after all! Eeeeeek!!!

And, the Nismo GT-R shall be coming to the parking lot by afternoon. It's Nissan's PR car. Better not mess up with the long-term review."

Long-term reviews for the show and the magazine would last for 3 months. Quite short, really. I have seen other car review magazines doing it for half a year.

But we are given the honor to be the first show to test the Nismo GT-R. All thanks to Takanori's involvement with Nissan.

Time: 7 pm

Takanori gets out of the office, and has installed an inboard camera, for the review. And a camera car is also filming for the short video.

Takanori: "Good evening, viewers. I am now behind the wheel of one the most anticipated cars of the year, the Nissan GT-R NISMO, which has finally gone on sale and deliveries are ongoing. This is a special, long-term review of the car, that will last for 3 months. Stay tuned for my further reviews of this car in some episodes of the show. I shall cover the performance, everyday usability, and total running costs.

For now, let us see how this car drives first in a normal setting."

15276494535_248bae2a6c_c.jpg

Takanori: "Well, don't expect it to be as smooth as a Mercedes. In fact, this is even stiffer than a regular GT-R. Even in Comfort mode, I can still feel the pavement on my back... That is to be expected from a car that completed a lap time in the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 7 minutes and 8 seconds.

This car has more power. It now has 600 horsepower, thanks to the twin turbos taken straight from the GT-R GT3 racing car. But of course, Nissan's engineers have to tweak the suspension, and even install a new aero kit for it to conquer the Nurburgring.

With new turbos, it's normal for them to have lag. But let me test, in 5th gear, at 80 kilometers an hour. I shall simulate an overtaking maneuver."

Takanori steps harder on the pedal. The car's speed jumps up to 100 km/h quickly.

Takanori: "Impressive! It seems that they have tweaked the turbos for a more civil setting. Well, this car spends most of its time on the road.

So far, so good. But the question now is, is it really worth 15 million Yen?"

15276494045_c98bff4391_c.jpg

Takanori: "Unfortunately, we have to end this little segment, and we shall answer that question soon. Next time, I shall test, if this car will attract more attention, by bringing it to the supercar-infested streets of Ginza, and as well as the Daikoku Futou parking lot."

He instructs the camera crew to get off the highway, as taping is done for today.

15276113382_74eb50c2b2_c.jpg

However, something very fast is approaching...

15089927788_5f749b6792_c.jpg

15089796330_4bf06a4a76_c.jpg

END OF CHAPTER 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I need help. For a short notice, the volunteer must have the Nissan VGT in Night Shade.

I can help with the Nismo chase when I get home from work this evening and after I've finished racing in Integras.

Update on fanfic car Sierra shootout:

image.jpg

Takuma's Diablo GT fell short in beating Hiroyuki's LFA's lap time, but Rob's bone stock McLaren 12C humiliates all of his teammate's cars.

You've read that right, Bone Stock. All cars are equipped with Sport Soft tires for the shootout.

Latest Posts

Back