Tamil Nadu: A Leaderboard in need of Crushing

• Thread starter Moto54
  • 80 comments
United States
United States
DRIVECLUB™.jpg

At GTPlanet we like to think of ourselves as a cut above the rabble elsewhere
In this case, another way to say it is: GTPlanet is going to Tamil Nadu in two of the
new monthly cars and spank the Global Leaderboard like it was its daddy.
Let the rabble beware.

Its sort of like a hotlap competition, but with benefits. Rather than competing against each other
we're going to post our fast lap replays as we make them, here, and continually improve.
If the past is any proof GTPlanet members should own the top of the Leaderboard--
but with the added advantage of being able to view their replay's.
Which is always fun and very helpful.
Our two cars:

Corvette Z06
Nissan GT-R

Have a fun contest everyone.

Last edited:
View attachment 400368

At GTPlanet we like to think of ourselves as a cut above the rabble elsewhere
In this case, another way to say it is: GTPlanet is going to Tamil Nadu in two of the
new monthly cars and spank the Global Leaderboard like it was its daddy.
Let the rabble beware.

Its sort of like a hotlap competition, but with benefits. Rather than competing against each other
we're going to post our fast lap replays as we make them, here, and continually improve.
If the past is any proof GTPlanet members should own the top of the Leaderboard--
but with the added advantage of being able to view their replay's.
Which is always fun and very helpful.

We'll pick a car in the coming hours, and 'open for business' officially on July 1st.

-thanks, and stay tuned-
I am glad you have chosen Tamal 1, it's my weakest of the three so I hope to learn some new tips from you and the other speedsters Moto. Given its going to be a new car, it would be nice if you, Centura and Ozzy hold your fire and I might be able to temporarily glorify in a number 1, haha. (got another 3 on FV reverse today, boring, mind you, an incredible number two with the ariel atom, what an out of control beast that is!!!!)

Looking forward to this one! I really hope it's the Nissan GT-R!

Again, I'm so sorry I didn't participate in the previous challenge, but I'll be good to go for this one.

Again, I'm so sorry I didn't participate in the previous challenge, but I'll be good to go for this one.
Reading Ozzy's last note on the previous thread it looks like one will be the GTR!!

Reading Ozzy's last note on the previous thread it looks like one will be the GTR!!

Yeah, i said i would want the Two Nissans in there, but if i had to choose 2 Manufacturers instead of one it'd be the Corvette Z06 and Nissan GT-R. Might stick with the Z06 and GT-R Choices though. Don't really want to be racing Nissan's the whole time.

Posted the cars. The contest is started.
Corvette Z06
Nissan GT-R

In the quiet words of AC/DC, "for those about to rock, we salute you"

Last edited:
..it would be nice if you, Centura and Ozzy hold your fire and I might be able to temporarily glorify in a number 1

You might have a point, but its not personal just to you. Tell you what, if you (and others) begin
posting replays right away, we'll see about giving 'yall some free playground to run around in.
But if you dont start posting results quickly the temporary hold is void.
Moral: use it or lose it.

Yeah, sorry, bud. We already started. :P I'll see if I can upload a video.

By the way, @Moto54, you're not going to like what you will see.

EDIT: It's processing.

Mine is taking forever to download the bloody update so sorry I can't send any leaderboards Moto. However looking at Centura's video I see kie25 has come to the party so.... Oh dear!!! Can we pick another track!!!

Thank you for leaving me to play with the kids while you guys play with the big boys!! And yes this car is much faster than the GTR, a time under 1-20 should easily be possible. Anyway I will revel in my brief leadetship!!

By the way, @Moto54, you're not going to like what you will see.

You mean Kie25?
If so I will take that as a challenge and an opportunity to show you what your thread starter here
can do :)

Will one of you begin posting an updated Leaderboard semi-regularly?
Probably in the first days theres going to be a lot of jumble going on there, as Mcpartyman
found out to his discomfort. I'm hoping to get my cars today.. waiting for the US PSN store.

You mean Kie25?
If so I will take that as a challenge and an opportunity to show you what your thread starter here

It probably wasn't that clear on that lap, but the amount of corner cutting that is viable is insane on this track. Just look at the long right hander at the end of the second sector.

Thanks DJW ;) I'm right behind him. 0.012s think I have a .540

Nice 👍. Always frustrating being so close to a time without actually beating it though!

Judging by the lap times I'm guessing this GTR could be a rival for the RUF in the performance class... 1:22's are almost supercar territory round this track.

Nice 👍. Always frustrating being so close to a time without actually beating it though!

Judging by the lap times I'm guessing this GTR could be a rival for the RUF in the performance class... 1:22's are almost supercar territory round this track.
Indeed it is frustrating. As for the RUF I think the GT-R will triumph over it. RUF likes to wheel spin quite a bit. It's acceleration is what makes it pull ahead. But the GT-R is more stable. Who knows. Someone needs to make a battle video :D

Indeed it is frustrating. As for the RUF I think the GT-R will triumph over it. RUF likes to wheel spin quite a bit. It's acceleration is what makes it pull ahead. But the GT-R is more stable. Who knows. Someone needs to make a battle video :D

However, as we all know, it's a heavy car and tends to understeer.

You mean Kie25?

Will one of you begin posting an updated Leaderboard semi-regularly?
Probably in the first days theres going to be a lot of jumble going on there, as Mcpartyman
found out to his discomfort. I'm hoping to get my cars today.. waiting for the US PSN store.
Sorry I am out tonight so only had a brief 20 mins. I will post updated leaderboards for both in the morning. To be honest I think all three of you are capable of beating kie25, he doesn't own every car and course, I have seen some where he has met his match. Having said that he's still probably number one driver in the game overall. I think he uses a similar set up to you Moto!

kie25 is now 3rd in the Tamil Nadu board. Another person has beaten his time with a 1:22.518 i believe, but i smashed that and got a 1:22.024 almost half a second quicker. I now top the leaderboard :) Video Coming shortly. Will edit it in this post.

[Edit] I can't post the boards for the GT-R. As Driveclub's servers like to pick on me and boot me out. After i edited the video in ShareFactory and launched up Driveclub again, i couldn't connect. It's Pot Luck at this stage. [3:08am 1/07/2015]

[Edit 2] After about 20 minutes, Driveclub's servers came online and managed to get a snap of the GT-Rs Leaderboards

X1nEimz.jpg

Last edited:
kie25 is now 3rd in the Tamil Nadu board. Another person has beaten his time with a 1:22.518 i believe, but i smashed that and got a 1:22.024 almost half a second quicker. I now top the leaderboard :) Video Coming shortly. Will edit it in this post.

[Edit] I can't post the boards for the GT-R. As Driveclub's servers like to pick on me and boot me out. After i edited the video in ShareFactory and launched up Driveclub again, i couldn't connect. It's Pot Luck at this stage. [3:08am 1/07/2015]

[Edit 2] After about 20 minutes, Driveclub's servers came online and managed to get a snap of the GT-Rs Leaderboards

X1nEimz.jpg

Top man Ozzy!!! Hail to the new King!!

this track/car really is not happening for me, 24.1 only, meh, the 90 deg left hander before the straight towards the elephants always gets me! congrats to all the fast folk here!

Ozzy is the man. Not at Munnar in the 12C, but just about everyplace else :)
I dont like the cornercutting part at this track! I keep asking myself the same question:
If Driveclub had a racing line graphic would it show cornercutting?
(if not then it defeats the purpose of a 'best line')
(if it did then whats the point of asphalt if you design a track this way?)

So I'm not giving the track my time.
Ozzy thats a special new time you posted.
And thank you for the replay and the screen of the boards.
How do you like the Nissan at Tamil compared to the RUF now?
The Nissan is faster overall, isnt it?

Sorry- I dont mean to sound a poor sport about not posting, but yes, there
are things about DC that I positively do not like at all.

I dont like the cornercutting part at this track! I keep asking myself the same question:

I understand, it's strange that you can cut it quite a bit without no penalty. But that's how everybody else got their record. I took a look at the RUF RGT 8 Boards that same night and the #1 Guy had a 1:23 where as the Nissan now obviously a low 1:22 so it's definitely faster, possibly because of it's stability and cornering, where as the RUF tends to wheelspin and accelerate more quickly, but as @Centura says, it tends to understeer also.

Do you want the Corvette time and lap also? As i did that too.

Lol, Ozzy is the new King. Too hot for racing today methinks, I'm off to the local for some liquid refreshment, and I don't drink and drive. Next we need to select a long standing record for you all to attack. Leave it a few days then do you mind if I select appropriately?? I want a leaderboard with all the big names!

Lol, Ozzy is the new King. Too hot for racing today methinks, I'm off to the local for some liquid refreshment, and I don't drink and drive. Next we need to select a long standing record for you all to attack. Leave it a few days then do you mind if I select appropriately?? I want a leaderboard with all the big names!
It is quite hot today, i haven't been doing any trials or racing. Just relaxing and cooling down. Haha.

Yeah, it's a bummer that it's the way it is. Do you think you could find a track where this isn't as prevalent?

Which Corvette is it? The one from the latest DLC?

Yeah, it's a bummer that it's the way it is. Do you think you could find a track where this isn't as prevalent?

Which Corvette is it? The one from the latest DLC?

I think the Japan circuit with the bridge over the river into a left 90 deg short straight into a tunnel turning right then uphill with a chicane into the finish straight has very little cutting, there is one chicane just before the bridge actually where the game will flag you as cutting if you even take it a tiny bit too straight, forget the name of this track

Latest Posts

Back