TCRS - Triple Crown Racing Series - I thought it was a good idea, apparently I was wrong...Finished 

• Thread starter NinjaEvo
  • 122 comments
England
Halifax, West Yorkshire
NinjitsuEvolved
Gaijin Kaiju
tcrs.jpg

Welcome to the Evolution

Greetings and welcome to the TCRS, a new racing series with a twist, looking for a start at the beginning of 2015. What we are looking to do here is take a new race format with the potential to be truly epic to see if we can start something really special.

The Concept:

The idea is simple. We have a series of meetings and at each of these meetings there are 3 races. Each race is a different One-Make event. One is Front Wheel Drive, one is Rear Wheel Drive and one is Four Wheel Drive in the specified vehicles below. Each of these individual series will have their own points system, but then the results and points of all 3 series are combined to crown a Triple Crown Racing Series Grand Champion. In essence there are 4 championships on offer.

The Cars:

The Cars to be used are as follows...

Front Wheel Drive: Honda CR-Z Touring Car (185,000cr)
Rear Wheel Drive: Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04 (134,500cr)
Four Wheel Drive: Subaru Impreza Touring Car (217,400cr)

Cars are allowed Oil Changes, Rigidity improvements and any external modifications that you can apply. However, due to the tuning ban everything else on the cars must remain as stock, except the tyre compound. Tyres available in the series are SS tyres only. Driving line and ABS are permitted as assists, all other Assists will be disabled in the lobby.

Meeting Structure:

Each meeting, as covered above, will have three races. These will consist of a 10 minute qualifying session followed by a 20 minute endurance race. 1 pit stop will be mandatory, this can be taken at any point before the race timer reaches Zero. Taking your pit-stop on the final lap of the race will result in an instant disqualification. Fuel and tyre usage will be set to very fast to add a challenge of driving these varying vehicles. The following is the structure of a meeting's events, all times are in GMT.

18:30 - Lobby Opens
19:00 - Qualifying FWD Begins
19:10 - Race FWD Begins
19:40 - Qualifying RWD Begins
19:50 - Race RWD Begins
20:20 - Qualifying 4WD Begins
20:30 - Race 4WD Begins

You will notice that there is a 10 minute gap between a race ending and the following qualifying session starting. This is accommodating for an up to 3 minute end of race timer, allowing people to also complete any oil changes/rigidity improvements if they are required and also so anyone with connection issues has time to try to remedy them. The lobby opening at 18:30 also allows for 30 minutes of Free Practice before any scoring sessions begin.

Scoring & Championship System:

Scoring for each of the three stand-alone series is the same, with a 100 point maximum for 1st going all the way down to 0 for 16th. The allocation is as follows:

1st - 100pts
2nd - 80pts
3rd - 70pts
4th - 60pts
5th - 55pts
6th - 50pts
7th - 45pts
8th - 40pts
9th - 35pts
10th - 30pts
11th - 25pts

12th - 20pts
13th - 15pts
14th - 10pts
15th - 5pts
16th - 0pts

In the event of a disconnection in qualifying the driver may re-enter the lobby and take the race start from the back of the field, following a manual grid using the qualifying times set in the session. If more than one driver disconnects then their order will be decided by pit box number. The lower the box number, the further forward they will start behind the cars that completed the session.

The championship format is unique in that 4 championships are being contested between 3 series. This is how the individual titles will work.

TCRS FWD Champion - Highest scorer from the 8 FWD races.
TCRS RWD Champion - Highest scorer from the 8 RWD races.
TCRS 4WD Champion - Highest scorer from the 8 4WD races.
TCRS Triple Crown Grand Champion - Highest scorer from ALL 24 season races.

The Calendar: (All meeting start times are 19:00 GMT)

Round Zero (test): Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th January 2015 - Various Locations
Round One: TBC - January 2015
Round Two: TBC
Round Three: Brands Hatch Indy
Round Four: Silverstone GP
Round Five: Spa-Francorchamps
Round Six: Autumn Ring Mini
Round Seven: Indianapolis GP/Road
Round Eight: Laguna Seca

Here at TCRS we are trying to keep the series as open as possible simply because without drivers there can be no series. If you want to signup please post on the thread with your GTP ID/PSN ID/Car Number so we can get you registered. If you have any suggestions also please feel free to contribute. We want to keep this as an open forum where everyone has a say in the future direction of the series, as I hope has been indicated by the Calendar Voting process. Big thanks to @STOCKY8A1 for the logo 👍 and to you for taking the time to read this... :D

-NinjitsuEvolved, founder of Triple Crown Racing Series

Last edited:
Current Track Scores for Season 1 Calendar:​

Bold and Underlined locked, Italic and Underlined tie-breaker

Laguna Seca = 23

Indianapolis GP = 17

Autumn Ring Mini = 16

Silverstone GP = 13

Spa-Francorchamps = 13

Brands Hatch Indy = 12
Tokyo R246 = 11

Monaco = 11

Brands Hatch GP = 11
Red Bull Ring = 10
Ascari = 10
Eiger Nordwand Short = 10
Twin Ring Motegi Full = 9
Red Bull Ring Short = 8
Tsukuba = 7
High Speed Ring = 6
Rome = 6
Big Willow = 5
Suzuka East = 5
Indianapolis Oval = 4
Nurburgring GP = 4
Fuji GT = 4
Silverstone Stowe = 4
Special Stage Route 5 Clubman = 3
Grand Valley East = 3
Trial Mountain = 3
Mount Panorama = 2
Nurburgring Half GP = 2
Twin Ring Motegi West = 2

Last edited:
Ahh, looks like I beat you to it ;)

I need to win some races to be able to afford these cars. I have dropped from 3Mil+ to 200K :(

Red Bull Juniors here I come

I've tried to keep it relatively cheap but it was difficult. I wanted to use the Impreza Touring Car but I think that's 500,000 before any Oil Change, Rigidity, Tyres or Paint...

I've tried to keep it relatively cheap but it was difficult. I wanted to use the Impreza Touring Car but I think that's 500,000 before any Oil Change, Rigidity, Tyres or Paint...

Hey don't worry about the cost, it will only take half an hour or so to get the credits. My fault for being slack on my races!

Does the CRZ have a proper gearbox?

Is it pre-installed? I've got a Lotus but it's one I've had for ages. I'm worried about running it stock though, it's twitchy even with a good setup...

Is it pre-installed? I've got a Lotus but it's one I've had for ages. I'm worried about running it stock though, it's twitchy even with a good setup...[/QUOT

i used it for Driver Grading for the [FGTA-WGTC] and there said this do not install chassis rigidity (on the stock setup with rigidity installed it drives extremely bad!)

UPDATE: Four-Wheel Drive car changed to Subaru Impreza Touring Car (NOT the Super Touring Car) due to the Evo IX having a weird glitch in lobbies where it constantly say that the car is tuned.

from the op just so im clear therea no tuning but we change car set up right?

If I ban tuning with the lobby settings all you can change (if I'm right) is the Brake Balance. Either that or we ditch the tuning ban, since everyone is running the same car in each race. Opinions please?

What is the thinking behind it being banned?

Can you tweak suspension settings and the like without fitting adjustable kits?

What is the thinking behind it being banned?

Can you tweak suspension settings and the like without fitting adjustable kits?
Tuning prohibited means you cannot alter any settings of the car except from the power limiter and brake balance

If I ban tuning with the lobby settings all you can change (if I'm right) is the Brake Balance. Either that or we ditch the tuning ban, since everyone is running the same car in each race. Opinions please?

You can change the engine limits as well as brake balance

I like tuning, adds a bit of skill to setting the car up for the track and means someone might go for a low downforce/high gearing approach and someone may sacrifice top speed for improved handling making racing a bit more interesting than everyone having identical performance available IMO.

Edit: Also everyone drives differently and being able to adjust the balance for preference is a major part of racing.

Last edited:
Back