TCRS - Triple Crown Racing Series - I thought it was a good idea, apparently I was wrong...Finished 

• Thread starter NinjaEvo
  • 122 comments
Without success penalties you will probably end up with one or two drivers winning everything. You could make penalties very mild but I would recommend something to spice up racing or the tail-enders may find scrapping over 5th and 6th (etc) a bit dull.

Yeah it went well i like all cars i think we we need some sort of pens to keep the racing close and fun or do you think that weak boost would work?

Without success penalties you will probably end up with one or two drivers winning everything. You could make penalties very mild but I would recommend something to spice up racing or the tail-enders may find scrapping over 5th and 6th (etc) a bit dull.

Hmmm, OK, I see your point. What does everyone else feel about success penalties? We've decided a lot of stuff as a collective I only feel it's fair to throw this one out there too. The only things I would throw out now are...

1) Any ballast would not be cross-championship. So if you win a race in FWD the ballast you get from that would only apply in the next FWD race. To penalise someone's Lotus because they won in a CR-Z, or any other combination of the cars, seems a bit off to me.

2) I need an idea on a scale. I was thinking BHP reductions going 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 for the top 5 drivers.

Hmmm, OK, I see your point. What does everyone else feel about success penalties? We've decided a lot of stuff as a collective I only feel it's fair to throw this one out there too. The only things I would throw out now are...

1) Any ballast would not be cross-championship. So if you win a race in FWD the ballast you get from that would only apply in the next FWD race. To penalise someone's Lotus because they won in a CR-Z, or any other combination of the cars, seems a bit off to me.

2) I need an idea on a scale. I was thinking BHP reductions going 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 for the top 5 drivers.

1: Agreed, makes sense and helps make it feel like 3 (4?) different championships.

2: Your scale sounds good, does it need to be power? What about weight? you need more weight than power to make a difference so it could be 80/60/40/20/10 (this might need to be adjusted for each car becuase 80KG is >10% on the lotus and a lot less on the Subaru) or similar. In my experience a chunk of weight slows the car down without crippling any one aspect of its driving. You don't lose all your straight line speed and you don't completely ruin your handling but you do slightly compromise both.

1: Agreed, makes sense and helps make it feel like 3 (4?) different championships.

2: Your scale sounds good, does it need to be power? What about weight? you need more weight than power to make a difference so it could be 80/60/40/20/10 (this might need to be adjusted for each car becuase 80KG is >10% on the lotus and a lot less on the Subaru) or similar. In my experience a chunk of weight slows the car down without crippling any one aspect of its driving. You don't lose all your straight line speed and you don't completely ruin your handling but you do slightly compromise both.

The only issue with Weight is I'd have to turn off Prohibited Tuning, you can reduce the power of the vehicle with that on but adding even 1kg of Ballast instantly renders the car invalid for that setting.

The only issue with Weight is I'd have to turn off Prohibited Tuning, you can reduce the power of the vehicle with that on but adding even 1kg of Ballast instantly renders the car invalid for that setting.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that because I want to be running with tuning anyway. If you go with power I think the scale you had looks good.

Hopefully, we've already learned what the subtle differences between the cars are, hopefully we can learn some more tonight... :D 👍

Considering extending the test to a third day since a lot of people were unable to attend tonight (thank you to all those who could). Anyone else up for running tomorrow?

OK guys, I've had a number of questions regarding the day that the series is scheduled to run and regarding tuning. I'm conflicted as to what to do. So, in the interest of fairness I'm throwing this one out there. I need two answers from everyone.

1) Which day should the series be run on? (Please provide all days you would be available, preference first)
2) Should we allow tuning? (Allowing tuning will mean that all vehicles can be improved to their highest capability, so all cars will be tuned at their maximum potential with all available upgrades applied. The only restrictions will be no nitrous, even though I don't think these cars can have NOS, and SS tyres)

Reply ASAP please so we can get this finalised hopefully before the track voting concludes and the end of Saturday.

Thanks 👍

1) Which day should the series be run on? (Please provide all days you would be available, preference first)

Wednesday, Monday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday

2) Should we allow tuning? (Allowing tuning will mean that all vehicles can be improved to their highest capability, so all cars will be tuned at their maximum potential with all available upgrades applied. The only restrictions will be no nitrous, even though I don't think these cars can have NOS, and SS tyres)

No stock is a lot more fun.

Monday or Tuesday.

If it is all or nothing then I vote no tuning, I would prefer standard weight and power but with free choice on suspension settings but if that isn't an option then I vote for no tuning.

I'm not sure on a day possibly Tuesdays. Defo not Mondays

I Still think start with no tuning and see how we go.

OK guys, back after New Year and Christmas, hope everyone had a good one.

Now, the calendar is confirmed bar the first 2 meeting, since we have a three way tie. I need to know which 2 of the following 3 tracks you would prefer.

Tokyo R246
Monaco
Brands Hatch GP

My votes are going to Tokyo and Monaco since we already have Brands Hatch Indy as one for the 8 Rounds.

Thanks guys! :cheers:

Club on GT6 has been updated with some of the basic information found here, anyone who likes the meeting structure and wishes to compete we have still not started yet, and all drivers are welcome. All we ask for is clean racing.

First test of 2015 penciled in for Tuesday and Wednesday from 18:00GMT. Circuits used will be various and open to suggestions and/or voting. If you are stil looking for a Wednesday series and wish to get involved, please don't hesitate to join us! :D

Given the underwhelming success of me being sat in a lobby for 2 and a half hours on my own having fun looking at nothing, TCRS is apparently not going to gain any kind of momentum what-so-ever. So, I hereby close the series with an eye toward doing something I really want to do instead. Hopefully my next venture will gain some form of momentum, although being honest I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks to those who were committed.

Back