TCRS - Triple Crown Racing Series - I thought it was a good idea, apparently I was wrong...Finished 

• Thread starter NinjaEvo
  • 122 comments
I am game for tomorrow as well as Wednesday, I have all the cars and have oiled and rigiditied (that is definitely a real word) except for the Lotus of course!

I am game for tomorrow as well as Wednesday, I have all the cars and have oiled and rigiditied (that is definitely a real word) except for the Lotus of course!

Try rigitified better word i think!

I've done a couple of Q&R sims in these cars and have started to identify the other challenges that should make this series challenging but fun.

CR-Z: No real issues other than how it seems to burn through it's Hybrid power extremely quickly, tyres and fuel should be easily manageable through a race.

111R: Fuel may be on the borderline at some tracks but shouldn't be too difficult, may require a small splash during pit-stop. Tyre wear on the rears will be the challenge here, keeping the momentum up on worn rubber will be challenging, but should help offer up more strategy options.

Impreza: Tyre wear is OK, nothing major, but it eats fuel very quickly. Pit strategy is probably going to be determined by the fuel consumption of the car, pit too early and you won't have enough fuel to finish the race at full power.

Really looking forward to this now... 👍 :D

Races are 20 minutes, Qualifying 10. The Lotus may not have massive fuel issues, if anything a small splash will suffice, but the Subaru drains it quickly. You can complete the race distance with just one stop, but the pit window is smaller due to the fuel consumption.

You have to make 1 pit-stop, and it has to be taken before the final lap. If you finish the race in the pits (as in making your 1 stop) then it's a DQ. When you take your pit-stop is completely up to you, but given the fuel consumption of the Subaru and the rear tyre wear of the Lotus it makes it nice and strategic.

In the CR-Z when the Hybrid power as run out it is 1sec slower but do you think it is possible to drive in away to keep battery life if so this will add strategy. I am going to be on about 7ish tonight

Last edited:
The only way I can think of is Lift and Coast, but even that may be hard to do effectively in race conditions. For qualifying it may be possible to run a really slow out lap, but even then it's quite difficult. I'll open the room about 6:30, I'll just do it as a public lobby so it's easy to find.

In the CR-Z when the Hybrid power as run out it is 1sec slower but do you think it is possible to drive in away to keep battery life if so this will add strategy. I am going to be on about 7ish tonight

I was doing this in a recent Prius race, I generally brake early and brake less anyway so it was easy enough for me to start lifting and coasting without compromising lap time much. I think driving styles could come onto play a lot here and allow someone smooth who is happy to lift and coast to maintain power for a lap or two longer than some aggressive. Will have to wait and see, tucking into a draft will also allow part throttle without losing speed. Could be a good tactic on some tracks!

Has anyone mentioned changeable weather yet? and if so what tyres will be allowed etc? It could make things very interesting if someone is trying to keeps wets alive long enough on a drying track to get to their fuel window or keep a car with dry tyres pointing the right way long enough to make their strategy work on a damp/wet track.

@daan

sorry to bother you m8 but you're the only mod I can think of. Is there a way to move this thread to Online Racing Series or would I have to just make a new one?

So Day One of Round Zero seemed to go really well tonight, some great racing throughout the night (even if High Speed Ring for the CR-Z was a bad choice on my part) and a series I can't wait to get into full swing. How's everyone else feeling about it? Reckon we're on to a winner?

So Day One of Round Zero seemed to go really well tonight, some great racing throughout the night (even if High Speed Ring for the CR-Z was a bad choice on my part) and a series I can't wait to get into full swing. How's everyone else feeling about it? Reckon we're on to a winner?

Good racing, we will need to test the penalties to make sure they are levelling things rather than nerfing the leader completely.

I still would like tuning, I was struggling with oversteer in the Lotus and understeer in the Impreza. the CRX was perfect though. Its almost like a petrolhead version of Goldilocks. I think the tuning bear could fix the first two though, maybe even improve the third!

There aren't going to be any penalties for success, I haven't considered any. Anything which is dirty on track can be brought forward for review for a post-race penalty, but there's not going to be any ballast or BHP reductions for success. Simply because A) I'm lazy and B) Since we're all driving the same car I feel as though it defeats the object.

Latest Posts

Back