TCS/ASM settings?

• Thread starter pr0gress
  • 5 comments
ASM I always set to zero on everything. I'll usually leave TCM at one or two on 200+HP cars to keep the wheelspin a little more reasonable.

The default assist levels are ridiculous. I took a new (well, just purchsed from the used lot) stock 350Z to the Nissan Z series race at Grand Valley Reverse, forgot to turn off the assists, and got beaten by over nine seconds - in two laps. Re-entered the race with the same AI cars after turning ASM off and TCM to 2, and won the race by about three seconds. Wasn't paying attention to my lap times, but the assists had to have been costing me 4-5 seconds a lap. I think it's the damn "understeer" ASM, which I don't think was in GT3 (or wasn't anywhere near as sensitive, if it was). You can't push it at all through the turns with it enabled, because as soon as you slide the tires even a little bit, the ASM squeezes the brakes and slows you down. I spent the first lap of the first race wondering why my ~300HP FR 350Z was driving like a 51HP FF K-car in the turns, before I remembered the assists were on by default. :yuck:

The default settings are crazy..I forgot to adjust them and thought I forgot how to play the game ..the cars are so screwed up with them on. but its like any other game if all you do is play with them on you eventually learn to cope with it and if you turn them off you will think the cars broke.

I always have all ASM and TCS turned off. If you cant control the car, you need to tune it properly. If you on sports tires for a race, dont use turbo 4 tuning.

If you keep the car tuned for the tire you use, it should be fine.

I cant vouch for DS controller though, I use DFP.

Back