TCv3 Judges, Grades, Scores, Awards, Battles...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 141 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mafs: I accidentally did not list the rigidity refresher plan on my car... Which it needs unless you're NTSC with the 6.2 miler.

Mafs: I accidentally did not list the rigidity refresher plan on my car... Which it needs unless you're NTSC with the 6.2 miler.

I used a 60100km example WITH the body refresh. So there shouldn't be any problem there. :) There is also a 6.2mile/10.0km example of the normal '89 GT-R w/ PAL Version.

Leo, my motto is always expect the unexpected. :cool: Your S-Tune was truly a treat to drive compared to the others. Everyone else (myself included) missed out on 1 area or another, your car was good on them all.

I'm always happy when I hear that I managed to deliver the complete package. :D am i right if I think that the somewhat brisk 1/4mile was one of the things you paid attention to? ;)

A bit strange on RJ's GT-R comments, but overall sounds about right. Amazing I got a podium in a 3000GT for handling :lol: Take that world :mischievous: And a 10km special? Interesting, over 400hp, sounds very nice.

Holdenboy - The 3KGT was the slowest of the Mitsu's, but because it was so chuckable and handled so well it was just that bit better than mine or roj's, otherwise it would've been a three way tie for the bronze!! My speed was what hampered the handling in a sense and roj's LSD hampered his handling more than it should've.

Leo - The 1/4 miles are a good sight of it's acceleration performance uphill to the first corner. While yours wasn't the quickest (Snyp's took that honour), the fact it was combined with such a well handling package meant that it was miles ahead of anything else and would put the R-Tune to shame.

To put an example that 1/4 miles don't play a part in my scoring, drifting24/7's 1/4 mile was one of the slower times (11.8 from memory), but it handled a lot better than anything else in the field so it deserved it's 2nd place. Holdenboy's was even slower, it was an 11.9. Snyp's was in the low 10's on the 1/4 but his gearing from 5th to 6th was atrocious (as was quite a few of the entries, I was astounded how some people really missed the mark with their gearbox tuning) and his handling meant you had to drift it WRC style and pray that it didn't snap back at you.....sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. I could drive a lot more smoothly in a WRC fashion with cars like roj's Evo, Holdenboy's 3KGT and even Soprano's RS200 compared to that Spec-C.

Anyway, congrats once again to all of you.....all the entries were good, most were great and some were astonishing. :)

wow, 1st place from N4HS and 2nd from Mafs? hey Leo, looks like we're on a tie.., :mischievous: :D anyone else wants to judge? why are there only 2 judges now?? where are the others?? :confused:

ty00123's Scores

Special Award: Snyp for making a car that takes guts to drive.

Spot Race: Rotary Junkie's R32 vs. =drifting24/7='s R34.

10th place: Mafia_boy's CZ-3
Best time: 38.225
Score: 80/100

9th place: VTiRoj's Evo
Best time: 38.187
Score: 85/100

8th place: Leonidae's Nismo
Best time: 36.786
Score: 87/100

7th place: Snyp's WRX
Best time: 35.859
Score: 90/100

6th place: dimplz's Sirion/Storia
Best time: 41.272
Score: 91/100

5th place: ty00123's R34 GT-R
Best time: 38.421
Score: 91/100

4th palce: Soprano 3 1 3's RS200
Best time: 39.669
Score: 92/100

3rd place: Rotary Junkie's R32 GT-R
Best time:39.091
Score: 97/100

2nd place: nd 4 holden spd's 3000GT
Best time: 38.905
Score: 98/100

1st place: =drifting24/7='s R34 GT-R
Best time: 38.036
Score: 99/100
------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Leonidae's Nismo Notes: Gear ratios were good, maybe juat a tad on the short side. Handling was sharp, but watch the brakes; get on them just barely too late and you're almost guaranteed to bounce off the outside wall. It also didn't particularly like the hairpin: understeer in, and power oversteer out. Definitely a car for the experienced player; only rarely did I get a good (neutrally-handling) run out of this car.

2) VTiRoj's Evo Notes: Gear ratios felt too short; seems like all you were doing was shifting. They did, however, keep the car in its powerband very well. The car did like to understeer all over, so watch this. The S3 tires hamper this car greatly; you can definitely tell from where it understeers. Throwing some R3's on would make this thing a killer. Nowhere near bad, but not too great, either.

3) N4HS's 3000GT Notes: I was told that this was an opportunity to enjoy a 3000GT, and that's no BS. It was one of the few cars I tested that actually had an oversteering nature- it'll actually drift a little bit on you. Push it too hard and it'll head towards the outside wall, however. I'm not a fan of short gear ratios, but this keeps the car in its powerband very well. Overall, an extremely good car; R tires would make this a force to be reckoned with in most races.

4) drifting24/7's R34 GT-R Notes: Gear ratios make you think you're going to shift way too often, but the power is such that you're not. This is the pinnacle of 'just enough, but not too much'. Just enough power, just enough torque, and just enough grip. . Minor flaws, like a small amount of understeer into the hairpin, but not enough to worry about. Not the fastest, but with this kind of handling, who cares?

5) Soprano's RS200 Notes: Took me forever to get the thing completely set up, but I think it was worth it. Car felt sort of sluggish, like it didn't have quite enough power; most noticeable off of the hairpin. Nice handling, though. It wanted to push toward the outside off of corners most of the time, but it was probably a result of the S3 tires. It would go wherever you aimed it going in, however. Overall, pretty good. A few minor tweaks would make it better, though.

6) mafia_boy's CZ-3 Notes: From simply looking, this car seems like it would be good. Somewhat odd choice of car, too. However, it seems like it doesn't know how it wants to handle. Understeer in one corner, then oversteer in the next. It never particularly liked turning under acceleration. Gear ratios were actually too short; I felt like I was shifting way too much and I hit my rev limiter in 6th. A car that I just wanted to finish testing; not very enjoyable at all.

7) ty00123's R34 GT-R Notes: Notes: Even with S3's, it seems like this car has decent amounts of grip and is fairly neutral. It will understeer, especially under braking, but it's countered by a small bit of power oversteer. Need some work on the spring rates, too-this car does NOT like bumps. It doesn't have a custom transmission, but it doesn't need it-it has enough acceleration on its own, and because you only use 3-4 gears, you can concentrate on the road. While not bad overall, it needs to be thought out better.

8) dimplz's Sirion/Storia Notes: Car feels downright slow, but that's kind of to be expected with the low power. In terms of handling, however, this car isn't bad. The small amount of oversteer helps get it around corners quickly, with little to no fanfare. Another car that has little fine-tuning, but doesn't really need it to go decently fast.

9) RJ's R32 GT-R Notes: One word: AMAZING. Dead neutral handling, with enough power to keep you smiling the whole way. Slight power oversteer, especially out of the hairpin, keeps you on your toes. The gears are fairly short, but this is the one car that I really don't care about. Yet another car that the S3's hold back, but can hold it's own anyways. (Can I keep this one? Please? :lol: )

10) Snyp's WRX Notes: You've got to be a maniac to drive this car to it's full potential. Don't get me wrong, though; this car is (usually) a blast to drive. There is some habitual understeer, and the throttle doesn't like being hit in 1st gear. Well, at least it doesn't if you don't want massive wheelspin. Gear ratios are short, but not a "shift-all-the-time" short; I like that. A decent car, but you've got to be good to survive driving it.

wow, 1st place from N4HS and 2nd from Mafs? hey Leo, looks like we're on a tie.., :mischievous: :D

Actually, you would be leading drifting on countback as you have a 1st & 2nd, Leo has a 1st & 3rd but both your combined points from myself & N4HS are tied at the moment.

wow, another place in the top 3.., my R34 is on a streak lately.., :sly:

sorry I haven't been around much everyone... School is kicking my butt and stuff like this is the first place I have to cut time away from.
Keep up the testing and judging, I'll come in with all my stuff when the time is right. :ouch:
Also, keep up the debate, you never know what sort of value will be placed on the scoring and debate done by you guys in my absence. :sly:

sorry I haven't been around much everyone... School is kicking my butt and stuff like this is the first place I have to cut time away from.
Keep up the testing and judging, I'll come in with all my stuff when the time is right. :ouch:
Also, keep up the debate, you never know what sort of value will be placed on the scoring and debate done by you guys in my absence. :sly:

We understand Kent, it's OK. We will indeed try to keep up the debate. 👍

So you're saying I can whinge more about my Silvia being robbed?? :D

I WAS ROBBED I TELLS YA I WAS ROOOOOOOOOBBED!! :P:P:P:P

The fact you've got me a long way behind in last compared to myself or Holdenboy is a bit weird too but from reading your comments on my car and a few others it seems that you are a button masher, plain and simple and you need to readjust your driving style.

Yet the "button masher" doesn't experience understeer in my car, N4HS doesn't find much, I find next to piddly, yet you say it's understeering all the way through the test section.

Also, it seems to me that Ty's findings are quite in-line with Holden's and your own, just exaggerated slightly by his skill level.

Could you please explain a bit more on where my car loses out against the other unwinged cars?

The main problem I was experiencing was the turn-in for me RJ, it wouldn't give me the feedback personally that I was experiencing with the other un-winged cars. Out of the 3, your car had less acceleration than the two of them, your car was having similar cornering issues to my car and I couldn't fix it, not to mention that your ATTESA system couldn't make up it's mind whether it wanted to feed power to the other wheels or not when turning.

Comparing your car to the other GT-R's, it was better than ty's, but nowhere near what drifting and Leo built.

Like with ty's results, my CZ-3 wasn't up his alley........your GTR wasn't up my alley but it was far from being last.

Try cracking off the throttle on turn-in wherever you're finding it to not cut in sharply enough. I mean just a little blip, nothing more. It'll oversteer slightly in and then stick or oversteer a little more.

im back and seeing that my car was slow....hahaha....go figure it is like 200hp short of anyone elses car hahaha

Sssooo, this is one of GTP's greatest misfires? This event never got finished. Did my ASL beat Roj's NSX........who knows!!:scared:

Nooo! The battle of the midship monsters must continue! :scared:

We could always call it a tie...

...nahhhh :sly::P

Hopefully Kent can at least take a little break from his schoolwork or whatever he's currently doing and finish this event off.

how about my R34?? my most-hated car of all got a very great score, i must say.., :sly::sly: :D

errrhmmm my sirion out handles all your cars,but gets its bottom handed to it down the straights...

There's a few reasons I said beforehand earlier in this thread, overall reason being that people thought it was slower than the S2K when it was faster than it, that's all, especially when they had similar power levels and it affected my scoring, the handling was better than both of their cars, just not the pace, but I had double the PTW ratio to them. ;)

And Kent said to keep fighting for your car. :P

Nooo! The battle of the midship monsters must continue! :scared:

We could always call it a tie...

...nahhhh :sly::P

Hopefully Kent can at least take a little break from his schoolwork or whatever he's currently doing and finish this event off.

I know not the meaning of the word tie.:sly:

There's a few reasons I said beforehand earlier in this thread, overall reason being that people thought it was slower than the S2K when it was faster than it, that's all, especially when they had similar power levels and it affected my scoring, the handling was better than both of their cars, just not the pace, but I had double the PTW ratio to them. ;)

And Kent said to keep fighting for your car. :P

Your Silvia handled no where near as good as the NSX or ASL.:P

I know not the meaning of the word tie.:sly:
But you know the meaning of LOSER very well. :P jk mate.

Your Silvia handled no where near as good as the NSX or ASL.:P

Now I know you're just being silly there. :D It was Snyp then me for Handling (that Elise was awesome 👍), and Snyp then you two fools for power & acceleration.

Now, stop whinging about Kent and let him finish his studies like he said then he will test and we will know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back