TDU2 patch update and free DLC info.

According to a PSN friend of mine, motorcycles will be offered as Downloadable Content in January 2012. What kinds of motorcycles and where to find them remain to be seen. I really haven't played TDU2 in a long while. Sure be interesting to see what comes along from this.

It sounds like, from one of Atari's post that the next DLC is going to have a LOT of content. Cars, bikes, new clothes, new missions...a bunch.

All I want in this game is a physics change...

:dunce: ^As do I.

Atari said pre-release that the physics engine used in TDU1 had roots from the PsOne era:dunce:, so they were going to start from scratch for TDU2. Wow, that sounded good at the time. :dunce:

Thanks Atari, I reeeeaaaaaaally appreciated that. *sarcasm :dunce:

:dunce::dunce::dunce: I feel so stupid now.

trombone
:dunce:
Atari said pre-release that the physics engine used in TDU1 had roots from the PsOne era:dunce:, so they were going to start from scratch for TDU2. Wow, that sounded good at the time. :dunce:

Thanks Atari, I reeeeaaaaaaally appreciated that. *sarcasm :dunce:

:dunce::dunce::dunce: I feel so stupid now.

TDU1 had great physics, they weren't realistic at all, but they were great and made the game a blast to play, TDU1 remains my favourite game to this day and I still play it from time to time, I played it for 4 straight years and it was awesome!

Mac K
TDU1 had great physics, they weren't realistic at all, but they were great and made the game a blast to play, TDU1 remains my favourite game to this day and I still play it from time to time, I played it for 4 straight years and it was awesome!

👍

I bought the cater ham super 7 super light and the bugatti veyron super sports and I've downloaded them like three, four times and it still won't give them to me or let me use them or are they in the game!

Not got the Bugatti but I have downloaded the Caterham and you find it in the secondhand car shop if it has a free slot to let it show, try both secondhand dealers on the two islands

Bobert power
My Tdu2 disc is used once a month. Then its played for 5 minutes. Then back to GT5.

My GT5 disc is used once every 2 months. I load up the menu, then ask myself what I was thinking. Then it is back to Forza 4.

Eventually...I will get TDU2 again...eventually. And I just might get it for the Xbox so I have the Spyker Allerion Coupe....no 458, of course, but...I'll settle for the Spyker.

BTW...I know it's a double post, but:

Hey TDU2 Players,

Here are the DLC2 details! That means more content and more fixes for TDU2! (Note: The exact date of release hasn’t been determined yet but it’s looking to be in February 2012). Early next year experience your new bike first hand or take your new Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR for a spin! Check out all new vehicles, items, and enhancements down below.

List of content that will be included in the DLC2:

Features:

Bikes are in place! Run to the bike dealer to buy an Harley Davidson or a Ducati. With the release of bikes, 16 new multiplayer challenges reserved for bikes were added.

3 Bikes
• Ducati Desmosedici RR (mA1)
• Ducati Diavel Carbon (mA1)
• Harley Davidson Fatboy Lo (mA2)

The Official Racing Center (O.R.C.) is available and gives you access to 3 new challenges every week.

New Spots:
• 1 new Bike Dealer
• Update The Community Racing Center (C.R.C.) spot
• Clothes Shop for Brands

6 Cars
• Corvette ZR1
• F599XX
• Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
• Ferrari 250 GTO
• Ferrari F40
• Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

Items:

New sets of Clothes
• Fashion
• High Life
• StreetsWear
• Sportswear
• Atari
• Privilege
• Pacha

14 Sets of Furniture
• Pop-balls
• Videogames
• Barroco
• Tetramino
• Carmania
• Yacht
• Etnik
• Vintage
• Tortilla
• Ossikle
• Waive
• Travel
• Origami
• Flower Power

Enhancements:

Additional Enhancements
• Player could change vehicles position in house/garage
• Map: Instant Island change
• Headlight Control
• Session management
• Tuning update
• Force Feedback – Enhanced Force Feedback Management
• Support Thrustmaster Wheels
• Support D-Box Device

I'm liking the new cars, but...

-I don't care much for the motorcycles (imagine what the physics will be like).
-I don't care much for the clothes (I'm a guy).
-I don't care much for the furniture (Again, I'm a guy).
-I don't care much for the Community Racing Center updates (online doesn't work in this game anyway).

...but I'm liking the new cars.

Why can't they just fix the physics? :indiff:

Not yet, as the notice mentions, TDU2 is looking at a February release date. But this is the largest update so far, so it'll probably come in a patch and paid DLC that'll feature the clothes, bikes, cars and furniture. Seems like this will be how it does from now on. Atari appears to be done with trying the "once a month" method and with not-so-awesome sales, they're probably going to release a few of these massive updates just to get all the cars and bikes they wanted to in the game and then that will probably be the end of Test Drive. (Although Test Drive: Ferrari Legends is coming out this year.)

The game is all about choice, so it's nice to customize your avatar and house...

But I think they could fix the physics insted of more clothes, bikes and furnitures

Of course, we will probably have to pay since its DLC. If Atari knows how much we hate this game. Then maybe we will have a free update then.:)

So...the possibility of a 3rd TDU is almost nothing mainly because Atari doesn't own the rights to the franchise anymore. Bigben Interactive is the publisher of the upcoming Test Drive: Ferrari. With NFS Shift series developer Slightly Mad Studios doing the developing.

It seems like Bigben picked up the rights towards the beginning of the project. Because a lot of sites still list it as an Atari game.

Sorry for waking up an really old thread, But where is the Exploration DLC1 pack to find/download. Searched it on the PS Store but couldn't find it, Or is it already installed since I bought it 2 days ago?

Could be. I'm not sure - but AFAIK - if it doesn't tell you to upgrade, then the disc you are using (did you install anything when you first put it in?) should be current.

Is it a brand new disc you have or a used one?

photonrider
Could be. I'm not sure - but AFAIK - if it doesn't tell you to upgrade, then the disc you are using (did you install anything when you first put it in?) should be current.

Is it a brand new disc you have or a used one?

Brand new disc, it asked to install the game and then it went downloading/installing all updates/patches. I'm at version 1.4 I think right now.

Back