Team Drift DynamiK | DDK*Silver Sliders| OP Update soon! |

Sorry to break in, I was reading through this and felt like expressing my opinion on this "fast wheel users" issue.
Just getting this out of the way ; I'm slow. (Hey...cut me some slack, I was born in 1834 :P)
I agree that in GT6 most wheel users are faster then in GT5 and the gap between wheel users and DS3 users has increased in GT6 IMO. (I often wonder if it ALSO has to do with wheel users mostly using stock gearboxes - harder to keep a drift, but also more grip ?).
But, all in all, is it a race ? Is it a drag competition ? Should I put some race tyres on ?
How about angle ? How many wheels users - while in DT - use the angle to full extent ? From my observation, I'd say only...10%. The rest goes on low angle, lots of speed. I'M NOT REFERING TO ANYONE in particular on this thread..it's just a general observation.
It's drift, not drag ! Ofc speed is important, but I'll got out saying it's the LESS important aspect of it.
Just my 2c

@Djhashbrown ; We can tandem anytime, bro ;)
I hope you dont mean me :guilty: haha. The problem i see with most DS3 users is that they lack the ability to throttle control which is basically all you need. I can see why using a wheel could be an advantage since you have easier control over the throttle as opposed to DS3. But in the end it still comes down to the player. The only reason I disagree that theres a big gap between wheel users and DS3 is because I've witnissed alot of ds3 users use perfect following techniques and demolish wheel users that are in grippier cars than them.

I hope you dont mean me :guilty: haha. The problem i see with most DS3 users is that they lack the ability to throttle control which is basically all you need. I can see why using a wheel could be an advantage since you have easier control over the throttle as opposed to DS3. But in the end it still comes down to the player. The only reason I disagree that theres a big gap between wheel users and DS3 is because I've witnissed alot of ds3 users use perfect following techniques and demolish wheel users that are in grippier cars than them.
Since GT6, visually I've never seen that...

Maybe in the beginning when 8th was winning the VDC rounds, yeah? I don't know his driving style like that

Since GT6, visually I've never seen that...

Maybe in the beginning when 8th was winning the VDC rounds, yeah? I don't know his driving style like that
Yup, 8th was really good when it came to following. Naruto aswell, but that guy is too quick lol. Toretto in his DS3 days had a similar way of following like a wheel user.

Yup, 8th was really good when it came to following. Naruto aswell, but that guy is too quick lol. Toretto in his DS3 days had a similar way of following like a wheel user.
And SRNinja too bro! When he was on DS3, idk if he still is.

My biggest weakness in following is initiation with proximity.... That's like, the hardest **** ever! I usually tap the person's bumper in front of me and send them off line, or I'm nowhere them for the first couple of turns. Its annoying to say the least lol

And SRNinja too bro! When he was on DS3, idk if he still is.

My biggest weakness in following is initiation with proximity.... That's like, the hardest **** ever! I usually tap the person's bumper in front of me and send them off line, or I'm nowhere them for the first couple of turns. Its annoying to say the least lol
Oh yea I totally forgot about him! Yea I agree, getting right on someones door on initiation is very difficult. Most of the time I initiate before or at the same time as the lead driver and hope he doesnt brake too early haha.

Oh yea I totally forgot about him! Yea I agree, getting right on someones door on initiation is very difficult. Most of the time I initiate before or at the same time as the lead driver and hope he doesnt brake too early haha.
Good idea. I wanna get at least one podium finish before I die lol... I'm gonna follow myself on autumn for a few tonight. Perhaps whenever you're on, we could slide around for a bit as well. 👍

Obviously not. However the guy wich i most enjoy seeing is Decoy. Now there's a guy on wheel that goes on angle all night.
Hmm...rarely seen it tbh, the majority of wheel users in Gt6 are faster then the majority of - proper - DS3 users, but then again I'm not on some lobbies as you. (Anyways I was making a generalization, I said "most" and "increase" of gap from GT5). But yes, must be down to throttle, more control over the wheelspin, more grip.

My Supra laughs at your claims gramps
Autumn Ring - Mini_2.jpg

Back