Team Morphine's Le Mans 2.4h June 16th 21:00 GMT+1 - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter Tavilha
  • 131 comments
Portugal
Lisbon
Tavilha
First and foremost, a bit of background.

Team Morphine has been active since 2011, having started online racing events in GT5. We've used GT6 and Project Cars in the past and now, after a long hiatus, we're back in PS4 with Project Cars 2.

We host casual racing, so be sure to follow this thread to get updates on new race dates.

Bottomline: if you like racing in clean and fun lobbies, you're very welcome to join.

We have only a few rules:
- Keep your racing clean at all times. We do this for fun, so unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated;
- In terms of conduct, we abide to the Online Racing Rules (OLR) as published on GTPlanet;
- In case of any involuntary contact, going off track or any other mistakes, slow down safely (off the racing line), to give away any gained advantage;
- In case of a dispute, please settle things AFTER the race is over, AFTER reviewing your replay if you saved it, and AFTER calming down. If you can't settle matters with the other involved player(s), feel free to state your case to me (Tavilha) via PM. I will try to save the replays for at least 48h, in case I need to review any given incident.
- Do not engage in chat (VOIP or text) in the racing lobby. You're free to start or join a party;
- Do not engage in animosities in this thread;
- I reserve the right to penalize, suspend or ban players who don't comply with our simplest rule: have fun and don't ruin others' fun.

In the next posts you'll find:
  1. The next event (Schedule, event-specific regulations, signed-up drivers)
  2. Current series standings
  3. Past series standings
  4. Team drivers, Regular drivers, Guest drivers

Last edited:
Current Series: Le Mans 2.4h - Special Event (4th Edition)

Next round: June 16th 21:00 GMT+1 (Lisbon summer time)

_bTDW9fmK3TLaIruS14v9Q4BIiSzP7T7rEjWQzmp1kVr-JcF6tutM-Xa96N5cVlrMatAe0kzpUHIL0aZ34RSTAb2kXIB6rn4oQC8hI9BXKg6hWtVYpDp37kYKd-e7xRKJkMggGBpBXaXvgrNinHg6edkfRFGnnJxg7qtTE0p9CWt_J3szx9_iu-hQMjUNmckuHpNJQ37QpX8rhZ9vbgUDqNx6oRvNXD4STp7g08lv-uHmOdSMUA1uiriCD396ng0NpbXAPSr0DePCbIjBk8xIzf0cb0iBMKBLGT34PQnXcpUo9pXRp_gA-jsBKRDC9J7GQ_yoFY4TrLrGUXvLPN5-6KOX8feJ1Da8CLdv8NzV0bMjxcGGcyEMIkSBKtYvJaOTO-rzZ3ZblsOdrB7DJzHk8nnfW-KD0l395ykNNsEVgDpPwoqXbJBR3bm1KiMqzKtYi-sRfpSKuvj85uk8swCR3kf4hUKibxOOvM_bBhMc5nAok-agmatzXQrF95aQNz_5zORqUMZCfxGtpzqeDJ9PfVbYD0BDuxZHd_DMbfoBKXuwYdSrwM1aff24zmLBWxNLP1F5T4TdFIO4871s7bx8U5zEqhpjawa_Sp_3lE=w1525-h858-no

Registered drivers:
@Tavilha
@bichumau
@k3ir02
@hmlopes
@jammy21
@pyrates
@joedakiss
@Bichux
@IfAndOr
@Napalm_LT
@Gavin Vickers
@IAMDOODLEBUG
jmanuelsilva

To sign up:
  1. Add Tavilha to your PSN friends list with "GTPlanet" in the message box
  2. Choose your car and number / livery and post your choice in this thread
Event settings and regulations:
i8qnNAxIpKXQ4jS-hxfRBHg4mGUOOVKboeKeyJ3dnBaqpwFchmUmu5r1LU1kdUC3KvVXiGpJTnDVvapxliPEv2CEzGhrUrCkkDOJNlMPjLBbCJbFBaNwWN1BFMAjRCQN2CG6_vvGYBk_y0OIDJ5toa345J9ztcz2cQJ5mzxeme5x8h27PbBRiVKgc_hVRsv0SYYQJpM5fIn6k1vZT8sSJyr42ugWY7C5RpDoRgsWZsvTWgzrnkdxTTCb8P7m7nauSbrnmPASmvUk_-Br62M30jBRwqHQJgOOyTPnj_KpISUWJyTO57jC-3FpuJ88oLxZpW2zvSghpkc00QPuYTrfRg0cX1lMsiGGxZSvQ71i3iDy84dNP8X7NBiNoFsQ5wbn3tb4oz_2JhOlFKhGYvrCvPJ3NuNx6JRgrUK1ZlqFdmx6tX3qyIPXhNJlzWD7abbU5iUzjxkrKw9-zmLM4juScvcKtFx_nKLadZEKAfX3txQwoWfuuqSwDKfXRA0-LN0VvuppjtbQ9bkfiIw3_VFQwzAEbL6-ANbfsLSzxNCxLKmLAzJh_so7rX8gqp5anWEQla7jtrXtos6lHQ_thnuVoztWrah6T0AnuGqVLzgnMinQx5XfBQ2tKsIny9vkZWHCA1kuVcrzPnQQqPKtQVD5MqN8Z_1HnmPA=w1525-h858-no

Important note: Weather will be set to recreate the real event as closely as possible.

QgNe0FJ6VUuH_RkYd9Jsc-z0reHlk6wm8IyZUWwp38AzlzNfdMWQ_aTg3TRXi6-_fUoccz0CX7ZJziERd5qFhhvMHwab8fadVn0gb04DSrsisoFSRtF0KB409F9blp1qkJbqWm34bPShiNiMWb1YNKmjVMr091FjQznLzOk0eLKtIzH1hZJXuf_yuQO8EXz3csQH11fkrfEVzOMoWG9xPpJZ_L_Iy3a_hsZ6_E_Tpg_ZASQna3Rmn3_yjBsldAq9o1Gyc-kWMovejPzl9JeYolpxHiO7RZqmEq5_acDzHzi1L2lWSjbuajP5yP-k8OPVC0F5ihxAps3EnaU_PQdoY7nvaiVbilKbQinj7ikOLXjJzVveCivCdeEd6NlzEuuVcLS6ddyAix1E9GQjYM_dO3dThxtIOOQi6njCD9eX4COlEcJA90oQKdcdv2gxUsXVSF-itcQRe2LaMComcMw-llGo3UdeTHyVv1KhN4tkLBZjOfIS0daC3LvLSfxfS8WiRBlaBazKorC3eK_xj1DXNkoMkFJXeVRVw9a7PnHPwZc_DanTS7Rb9-lPsyyO60ZvcqhNgFjysjmr9klPbmqvfandy_ag9WgEPwc2uR4=w1525-h858-no

_ZmY2oEzcA1UA8VzaNESxm6_aHDgTYOsNna5Eb4vN-sffp4ZyKJyZX-I2CCo63SCRWWPpL5Lfmg7pqRTW8aflv0zCBq7o1YeVAqN3yTMTTWe1gN3kYvjHVprfEACGG3nXvvir2s1NsdE8JY96FUjEDwRHQQnLi582DLaCxkioxfEecejcb_dP6kT4aKf8MYPzw-WmPHqdvzRT_V303Ru5GkYG8sXCmTUNeZ66lRxC21hJckzx9ynRPax1jlHg0JGXj7DTcn-c9gJYJ3njkpUWhrw7o9I8ivBLJVtH09YkJqGqjERifeNe7Ut3-r4qsquSi5F_sFE1Ey8emQH-RZkYc3fuIbDt3l84jHu0DzFZ4EsBnf_szKnAZhS0hMoPYsPnBWLT86y6c-KPCSUdjvJmywBVBzbyM7EjxFUfhpx-TWcNyrVwxsh_JB6bXT8dMX0aiYirebpV4cNEpaQibTQhAWUAIeBQ22gfiVQKsh3paZQOBdAwofAguSHB48L102rGd2asoZR2sTYF9WEEeUemjmV8f9aqc_EzunqpGvf4LGyQzrQAXNMBiz2iEq0QSQ5qhAi4tJZk0LoE55hMwh-m34Q5yjEwQFUHnTJzQ_f-oCYDiuSNSSN7pm_xPyh62OmHuI7gFR53-k9sMIAINWvPcfJ39gdG_Et=w1525-h858-no

X97RKDr4Q8rapIp3KuWUjeZTNZkwbgx6h_DGLjMsjghhdyyAgw4GHsiIhQbWqOfkTH7qT5_HZ8mb82PlYHFNTwG67f3QmaoTMWJ5ad9nEWT6KA1Z1BahCfRfrn3_pdryPWaLN50WwDmPnJCsqNea_F7ulrwn3fBOU-fSRDiPzKEKjS46BeIDTuftCzDfImcCmQPul5_5aCHaPTUsk-7S06ZARdw-SSP57H_TIJ5KFeM68kXt3cM-rWycOOg7SiXv1ftCjWUBWUBALluiSoyVNBKgxvah0tM6wV9HPmMd1GewgSK5E8KsF92iw54NARf-VrEZZ6CrLD_QYMAmY7CTZYY4DIf60IRXSrtcuGeDqCWzFTuO7te3dP0MiENdq5k48qT8ivolWtNgTxkpzuJBWJG6YpqqC_ZSgojSPVnUx9UObPx1eLywIWsYhGiTMxu8ChX6d0CJX0isQyHjjwn449sRdICadI3RWYEgi9jOUpTRt5DhTS635NtBVq9NGe4FvCygPHJ0ot6Fvvh1o-BjJQJeWe36-Lybhy5uZpOnEMli3sCSH_Kf2-Q8VgkljxGZiIgC2A5yE0aoUOc1hmN6NjhD8A3oeqdzUWGvkk50EduMNDBZlXWr0feyMG9GERFjS3heYnEujVz6kNm3WCioRF9BUp4cysKj=w1525-h858-no

ODPLG0fNLitcPQyIVMapupikq53W2SIqgG60-Uy88IYhpBv5AdnADw-QuQScVHIXjMfuvFca3k_hHZdTuaKGFBTkITL_rppZ1dRIXRdF24qYnYDqxSeV1vqaDEAkG7Ra46r_JLoh4vKorNs6B-RRW8HbOR0zo4MxC6ThJ-NHYO5C-jpgAmyXhJvcPQgXkicYculgYVFVVJv9UmWfH6UpXyTozkYf19_fZ1pAEsh0quTfpSdRuHz6_56ajb1SyLvgHyW8qcczmjofD-BilClWTkNB4KhhzgPU6sW1DUvZo2a79Kaj_XRNlk4nCWnLDe9UzwZkapgWl2LLWRrn0FD-ot6Nund4IfCaI-fIqK7aOuxlkZ4rhKSpP9ALIjViXvHnJ2nnTwp9hDWqk5yT9bA-Lw82aHk2-S7Olosv-dzuyGc_rZar3s9idIHJFcsKzYlnbidjEHQpou4T16MrqB0RUnl7HZR6n5KbgmV3i2A0CpLgv5tYOYbwCcXpj7Fg_uUOjWs1A5e0LW_5G71flYmXbSxkeVMlhs0EL9yW59pezipbVF2JycAxGCn5Hmt0td7WI4yfsE0vI9uGrFMNubyLU1OevVtO5pb9F_-ugHAukjYN1JjSBoFGytuoX4pUEyBJHilSsuQ8ASLj54iTyBcWhqiklb93iZcP=w1525-h858-no

Note: Track limit penalties will be off because of the game's track limits at the Hunaudières chicanes. But please refrain from cutting corners, especially at Ford chicanes. Penalties can be given post-race.

UUYZZFzeKDfLdccEs8kRxC_XLBlERzkbSkqUOP1mGbhzPWdcyr_Faf2m2uDpYaPrc-MhjD8XXAQBMX8U-G1mrI1e7rpXQM_Ey5-nLx6xAZTTRBS4CR2HVBJ6eGaGHK91OXj08J0yWmd4jrlkVn-Q-e7jPxrNoa_axCZyhpDOv_uedaZYRaEUbQgCxDMYtdQt6mfriyyA1k3t_gX-QqWlrM-smXhrInCg3sc6VljgBULiRHEz3MweL93q0lJgzGS8FNLFx5VquwcH6glPvcpoQURB9MOi0HLqqv74Lm2L0VquRQAPsHwTDhZFlW0IFwq2NOqqElqtj59JolQKZrDMFXVBpMeZz6D0A_zaUM4z22JeDJGdnCwqaQdfjej2le_rYBjWqLHAmVDtgU5y6uB1pJg-zJch3sSlvZlJ9UcJxqAwrzCSzDwVvqs5Fhd24IG_vvn1_o4mqFzuq95GKjGJbtCirtOralEquQ7c_5yQZcYv3Fur-m5nZdMWzHJbjKewXcO7k_KZqwjMFHSbhkE1yy5ZUA8Fanmwa9pSVCBJpcZM-LvR7dUQSTR-8fsyzRPFl7v2JWO0z07yw4vxVRDSpZluyrFiP6IPq0UlMho=w1525-h858-no

Ao6FL5zQb0NoQUNCpjNKLVPUBJPt4BTbgzqpq6B-m6qlKu72PbbDXpSHCJwwzecuVBxVB8Yny1jYP4sDiDFte3IThqG3rpFH-GNBq6MXH9h9k3mBw33Mcc9o2SkFiyGXaJvvYvXGoXxnBf4YZJUmjwLYONKwfbaEg3wQpnQJgRvyaBSYjY7RKCm-yObij2OrMhq5mFZr79fxSQ4V98xwJ6qIKf4gG3TkwrFxAhYeEbFTyxCgYPAnq14QygFXd8HN3daJqQdilh3H5eGcn96NakuEuB2E4t03pZ22kmUIj3QwY02lnWaBRBJG9owu73jkMnmJ98jogtpym2n6dl_KuqZzt988s3EbG8_TvPnekYWH1rIGkyiyiKrEgHkUY1iAq76GrQ5ZT-h0lgpLOsZGckmZhZcwSbsxJ9r_EhlMnfbvGQanhxeFY1RQndbkIf9Z2lT_zar-3grvdQBbdMc-JDIwdBmED0qlZxwZsEryhB8DsZnvW5OK4RwgklBDJuRtZvYPXoEKc7KrDR45dk-vDA-1iSBWS4muo_pzq-A3hj__HW-htbIPvEdS-GKW3vlaLOpbMkadpZdqP50cmAdOxur0ZyEk5F1dSx3CAdqrsT4yHG5z9n09czDqVz0BhfZicFR94gVrit18l4RIq8h0SQ0S5jJVpOxZ=w1525-h858-no

Eligible Cars:

LMP1/LMP1 2016 (min 3; max 5)
LMP2 (min 3; max 5)
GTE (min 3; max 6)

Note: Both LMP1 classes are allowed, but will compete together in the same class.​

Last edited:
Count me in. If the Haukeen Racing #25 Mègane is free, set me with that ride, please. (P.S. - Just sent Tavilha a "pedido de amizade" via PSN.)

I will open a practice lobby tonight around 22:00 for those who want to test their setups and meet the other drivers.
I may open again tomorrow, before the championship starts, but I'm not fully certain yet

I really don't know what bichu_mau was thinking and why he did it but he deliberately punted me off in lap 2 for which of course I get an additional DT penalty. Unfortunately worse behavior than in any random open lobby. :(
Sorry, but won't be participating in the other race.

I really don't know what bichu_mau was thinking and why he did it but he deliberately punted me off in lap 2 for which of course I get an additional DT penalty. Unfortunately worse behavior than in any random open lobby. :(
Sorry, but won't be participating in the other race.
Sent you a PM about the incident judging, as stated in the OP
Cheers!

Great race, namely the close fight for third (almost second) - because Tavilha was just doing his own thing :)

[I'll try to get a micro for the next race, because being able to listen but not to take part on the live discussion was a pain... In particular, in the occasion of a trial race in Barcelona, where I was too optimistic diving on the inside of an orange Astra (I believe), which end with the poor guy off the track. I apologize him for that (I waited further ahead on the side of the track for him, but I suppose he decided to retire on the spot. Sorry for that, whoever it might concern).]

Finally, two questions to the more experienced guys on the sim(s):

1. I noticed that the grip in Portimão was very different (weak), comparing to the time trials I did with the weather conditions defined for the race. Is this normal (track pre-rubbed on time trials, for instance), or I'm just imagining things (nevertheless, the ****y laps in qualifying weren’t placebo, and I only drunk one Sagres before driving!

2. I sometimes loose power on the straights (the revs stop to rise), a problem that comes from nowhere, and then sort of resets to normal. As anyone experienced that kind of misfire on the engine (it´s quite frustrating and a fatal blow on concentration :(

Thank you, and see all you guys on track (a little further away, in the case of orange vehicles ;)

Great race, namely the close fight for third (almost second) - because Tavilha was just doing his own thing :)

[I'll try to get a micro for the next race, because being able to listen but not to take part on the live discussion was a pain... In particular, in the occasion of a trial race in Barcelona, where I was too optimistic diving on the inside of an orange Astra (I believe), which end with the poor guy off the track. I apologize him for that (I waited further ahead on the side of the track for him, but I suppose he decided to retire on the spot. Sorry for that, whoever it might concern).]

Finally, two questions to the more experienced guys on the sim(s):

1. I noticed that the grip in Portimão was very different (weak), comparing to the time trials I did with the weather conditions defined for the race. Is this normal (track pre-rubbed on time trials, for instance), or I'm just imagining things (nevertheless, the ****y laps in qualifying weren’t placebo, and I only drunk one Sagres before driving!

2. I sometimes loose power on the straights (the revs stop to rise), a problem that comes from nowhere, and then sort of resets to normal. As anyone experienced that kind of misfire on the engine (it´s quite frustrating and a fatal blow on concentration :(

Thank you, and see all you guys on track (a little further away, in the case of orange vehicles ;)

Thanks for your input Adless.
Indeed, as I watched the replay, I was a bit jealous for your 3 cars battle, especially in the final laps.

I'll try to answer as best as I can:
1-track temperature is massively important in this game. I find that minor tyre pressure adjustments can make a massive difference under different temperatures. This game doesn't simulate the accumulation of rubber on track like rFactor, so I guess track conditions in time trial are just perfect for hotlapping.

2-no idea, sorry. Never experienced that unless I was lagging (and that's different than what you're describing)

Nevermind the Barcelona practice, public lobbies have all kinds of incidents. But yeah, a mic brings a lot more fun (this isn't pro racing or anything, convívio is very welcome)

Thank you for the answer. I thought that Live Track 3.0 (?) would mean that rubber also had something to do with the changing conditions (like Asseto, where you can choose a fixed condition for each track), but nevertheless I'll have some homework to do regarding the pressure and temperature subject.
As for the second situation, I was suspicious that it would probably be hardware related, and that's probably the case. Damned, have to check those pedals (T300 pros). [Then again, it´s a Renault engine, and nothing can go wrong this time, right, McLaren?]

NEW EVENT: M1 Procar 40th anniversary revival

Procar: The ultimate one-make racer
Cars with more power than grip and top F1 drivers made the M1 Procar series very special. For many, it provided the best one-make racing ever seen.

With the Procar Championship announced in spring 1978 at the official unveiling of the M1 road car, Neerpasch and the newly formed Procar Association laid out regulations for the 1979 season. Races were planned for the middle of the Formula One season, when the championship remained in Europe for several months. Practice and qualifying were held on Friday of the race weekend, while the race itself occurred on Saturday. Races varied in length, but each lasted for approximately half an hour.

All cars used in the Procar Championship were built to identical standards, although their origins varied. BS Fabrications constructed five cars for the BMW factory team, while cars for other competitors were constructed by the British Formula Two team Project Four Racing (led by Ron Dennis) and the Italian constructor Osella. The racing cars, designed to meet Group 4 technical regulations, shared only some basics from the M1 road cars.

Revival

2008: 30th Anniversary Press release:

Hockenheim (DE), 19th July 2008. After 30 years, the BMW M1 Procar Series made its comeback to the circuit today, Saturday, with a host of big names and a host of fun. Ten celebrity-manned examples of the close to 500 hp mid-engined racers delivered the first of two show races on the Hockenheimring as part of the support programme of the German Formula One Grand Prix.

In the words of three-times World Champion Niki Lauda: "It was such a hoot. We were allowed to drive how we wanted, we didn't have to hold back on the pace. Actually, we should have been chasing Jochen Neerpasch in the M1 Art Car, but he didn't get off to a proper start. And that gave me a clear run ahead. I'm going to have to seriously reconsider whether my career really is over! It was great fun."

"I've always wanted to race against Niki Lauda," said a grinning BMW Sauber F1 Team test driver Christian Klien, who was also behind the wheel of one of the legendary models. The Austrian, born some time after the M1 Procar, was surprised at the calibre of these classics: "It's amazing the handling these cars already had back in the 80s. Even today they feel quite advanced. And as for the sound, it's out of this world. You're sitting right in front of the engine, and at 10,000 revs it's awesome. You really get a sense of the car's sheer power. I can't wait for the next race!"

The second show race will be held on Sunday shortly before the start of the Grand Prix.

RTL commentator Christian Danner was scuffling with Lauda at the front of the field – "But in the end I deferred to the World Champion," joked the ex-Formula One driver, "partly because I was being distracted by my co-driver Tim Mälzer, who wouldn't stop talking about cooking."

Indisputably the most valuable car on the track, the Art Car designed by Andy Warhol was driven by Jochen Neerpasch, one of the granddaddies of the most spectacular single-make competition in the history of motor racing. Neerpasch, who headed BMW Motorsport GmbH at the time, dreamed up the Procar Series together with Bernie Ecclestone and Max Mosley to feature within the relatively relaxed F1 format at the time. The revival marks the 30th anniversary of the M1 as the first vehicle to be created independently by the former BMW Motorsport GmbH.

In 1979 and 1980, the Procar Series thrived on the one hand on the sheer appeal of the car, but equally by giving young drivers a chance to pit their skills against the top Formula One drivers of the day. The five fastest in F1's Friday practice were each granted a seat in the cockpit of an M1, the works cars coming under the technical direction of Ron Dennis. A further 15 cars were manned by eager young racing talents. "It was a matter of huge pride to be allowed to race against the established stars," recalls Marc Surer, who was also involved in the Procar show race, along with veterans Dieter Quester, Harald Grohs and His Royal Highness Prince Leopold of Bavaria.

Despite a problem with the clutch at the start, Jochen Neerpasch relished the experience: "It's marvellous that it all got off the ground. We will also publish a book to mark the 30th anniversary. It means I've been steeped in three decades of motor racing lately, which was also an interesting experience for me personally. A great deal happened during that time."

Neerpasch's co-driver in the Warhol M1 was none other than Frank Stella. The 72-year-old artist summed up the event: "The BMW M1 Procar Revival here in Hockenheim was amazingly good fun. It was an honour for me to be able to drive in this wonderful and unique Andy Warhol BMW M1 Procar. The car, the crowds, the whole ambience – it really was fantastic experience. Compared to 30 years ago, motor racing today hasn't changed significantly, but everything round about it is completely different. Sport and art have one key thing in common: in the end it comes down to satisfaction. My philosophy is: always give of your best. Sometimes I'm surprised at what turns out, at other times I'm disappointed. Out here on the race track it's very hard not to be thrilled." Stella himself also designed an Art Car – a BMW 3.0 CSL which competed in the 1976 Le Mans marathon.

m1procarrace_04.jpg

They rolled, they slid wildly and, despite paying lip service to aerodynamics with nose spoilers and rear wings, they had a surplus of power over adhesion. Small wonder that the BMW M1 Procar series, which provided the supporting races at European Grands Prix throughout 1979 and 1980, is still recalled by many as the best one-make racing series ever devised.

Important note: I'm changing the start procedure to automatic rolling start because some of the new players won't be familiar with the manual rolling start.
It may be less exciting, but unnecessary penalties can be avoided.
Please be safe in the first corner, as speed is substantially higher than in a standing start.

Last edited:
On the subject of the first corner...

Keep in mind:
- this is a game / sim / hobby. It's supposed to be fun for you and the other guys on the grid.
- there's no money prize, only your pride at stake.
So, if a move is too risky to make, think if it's worth to ruin your race and someone else's.

Latest Posts

Back