Team Morphine's Le Mans 2.4h June 16th 21:00 GMT+1 - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter Tavilha
  • 131 comments
Hmm, decisions. I'm quite liking the LMP2 Oreca #66. Although I also think the Ferrari 488 GTE is quite good too. I didn't need any extra Le Mans content I can't choose already.

I'm happy to swap about if you need to fill classes out.

Only car I drive is Toyota TS040. I done all my testing and tuning with it and don't wanna start all over with other car.

Only car I drive is Toyota TS040. I done all my testing and tuning with it and don't wanna start all over with other car.
Did some quick testing last night and didn't think there's a huge difference between the old lmp1 and the new lmph cars.
I'll allow both classes in the race, however they will rank in the same class. I'll update the race settings post as soon as I can.

Guys, those of you who haven't chosen a car and number, please do so asap, as I'm planning to do a spotter's guide for the race.

Also, a broadcaster/commentator is welcome if anyone is willing

Test lobby open
Ah, I missed that message I'd have joined otherwise.

As I mentioned above I quite like the LMP2 Oreca #66, mainly for its cockpit view, but without a suitable setup it doesn't seem so competitive as the others. And it sounds a bit like a washing machine!

Since the other classes are filling up I'll stick to the LMP2 but go with the Ligier Nissan #11. I've not got a setup for this either but it seems pretty good as it is.

I'll have to sort out a race/pit strategy next. Stay on track and don't hit anything will be a good start!

IMG_3923.JPG

And also Le Mans 2.4h :sly:
Grid places still available!!

Not sure yet as I haven't done much GTE racing. I'll have to see which cockpit view is best for me and go from there. I've always liked Porsche so I'll start there. Do you have a list of all that signed up so far with car choice? I don't want to pick something that is already overflowing the list.

Not sure yet as I haven't done much GTE racing. I'll have to see which cockpit view is best for me and go from there. I've always liked Porsche so I'll start there. Do you have a list of all that signed up so far with car choice? I don't want to pick something that is already overflowing the list.

Yes - post #42

Tavilha
I'd love 1 more driver in LMP2. - Still looking for at least another LMP2 driver!
If you cannot fill the LMP2 places as an alternative should I be giving the GTEs a closer look?

The Porsche is fun if you want to join GTE. I am in the #92.

If you cannot fill the LMP2 places as an alternative should I be giving the GTEs a closer look?
Yes, maybe have a plan B...
hmlopes already has an lmp1 plan B. Let's see how it goes... I can't communicate with Gavin Vickers (vckrsF1) anyone knows him?

I think it is him, but he's not answering PMs nor does his PSN profile accept messages
Ah well he might hopefully check in before race day. I remember now that I raced with him a few times back in GT6.

I'll be off to test for emergency plan B later. The Ferrari was quite good but I'll check out the rest anyway.

I just wanna come back to this track limits. I would like to have limits On as then we all have same track limits. PC2 save the replay only first 30 min or so, then rest of the race you can't check how everyone is driving.
I noticed that more laps I run more I start to run over curps and kind of abuse the limits.
Any thoughts of this from anyone else?
Done some tuning and practising.
If track limit penalty is Off then could you give the rule of track limits? Tramac, whiteline, curbs,...

At least 2 wheels on curbs. It's too easy to get a penalty on the Hunaudières chicanes because there's a bigger gap between the curbs and the white line there.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened (I haven't hurt it) but I can't do anything with my right hand :(
Seams like it is some nervous illness and I don't know if it will be fine to do so long race on Saturday

@jammy21
I agree it might be better to have one rule for all but I find the problem with the track limits, or rather the way SMS implements them, is the "slow down" warning message. Someone slowing unexpectedly to remove a penalty can cause more problems. I'm easy with whatever @Tavilha goes with.

@Napalm_LT That's bad news! Hopefully it may get better after some rest.

I just wanna come back to this track limits. I would like to have limits On as then we all have same track limits. PC2 save the replay only first 30 min or so, then rest of the race you can't check how everyone is driving.
I noticed that more laps I run more I start to run over curps and kind of abuse the limits.
Any thoughts of this from anyone else?
I've tested the track limits again after the update and the penalties are still very annoying at the Hunaudieres chicanes, especially for GTE cars that can go a bit wide with understeer.
I'm counting on 4 things for this:
- Sportsmanship: I trust people don't race this kind of event to cheat but to have fun
- Drivers' eyes: I trust people will complain after the race about a dirty move / flagrant cut someone else made
- Race Dash lap chart: I'll be running this companion app that registers everyone's lap chart, so I will be able to check for suspicious lap times
- Replay checking: the replay length depends on the free space you have in the save game folder, this is why I always delete previous replays, ghost recordings and only keep essential tuning setups

@Napalm_LT sorry to hear that... Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a possibility... It's manageable with some rest, wrist support, and anti-inflammatory drugs. Try lowering the force feedback on your wheel as much as possible. But ultimately, if it keeps getting worse, you should have it checked with your doctor...

Last edited:
Yeah an extra LMP2. :)

Just in case I needed to invoke plan B I did try them all and was surprised to find that the LMP1s were a lot easier to drive than I thought they would be. Probably easier than the GTEs! I think I still prefer the LMP2 though, although slower they seem more raw and more fun. Glad you've got a full set of them now.

Back