Team NEMESIS | Kings of North America | Night Slide PPD until GT6

  • Thread starter Thread starter DGambino1
  • 4,104 comments
  • 249,598 views
Since the update a few weeks ago, my GT5 had gone to crap. Any time I am connected to the Internet, it runs slower as hell. The main menu loads in about 3 minutes, my "community" menu takes about 2-3 min to load, and it can take about 15-20 min to load all my contacts. My photo menu takes a good 5 min to load as well. And connecting to lobbies and lounges is a shot in the dark....sometimes it times out, other times I get a connection error 768. And half the time I actually get in a lobby, I lag like a mofo, and everyone is on hydros.

I know I have really crappy Internet right now, but I also think there is something up with the servers since the last update. I had issues before, but never this bad. With the way things are right now, the game is barely playable.

Do you notice any difference if you play offline? If not, here's what I recommend.

Last year, my loading times were very extensive. I thought it was my connection. I went offline and noticed that there was no difference. I bought a brand new hard drive and installed it. I noticed a huuge difference. Loading times were 10x faster and my cars load up quicker. Buy the 7200rpm. It's faster than the stock hard drive. Moreover, stock hard drive's gets faulty after a while.

I hope this will help.
 
Yo Nemesis! CJ we need to Tandem bro!
 
That man said he had that Taco Bell WiFi :lol:
 
That man said he had that Taco Bell WiFi :lol:

haha! Not anymore man. I upgraded to del taco WiFi.

LMAO. That was hilarious last night.


Anyways, some of you already know but i'll be gone until Monday. I wish I could compete in VDC and get some great tandems again, but oh well haha. There is always next time :sly:
 
Do you notice any difference if you play offline? If not, here's what I recommend.

Last year, my loading times were very extensive. I thought it was my connection. I went offline and noticed that there was no difference. I bought a brand new hard drive and installed it. I noticed a huuge difference. Loading times were 10x faster and my cars load up quicker. Buy the 7200rpm. It's faster than the stock hard drive. Moreover, stock hard drive's gets faulty after a while.

I hope this will help.

I'm 100% sure it's my Internet connection. One of my PS3s is an old original, and my other is a brand new slim that I bought a month ago. Both of them act the exact same. When connected to the net, they run slow as hell. If I sign out of PSN and then start the game, the game runs perfectly fine with no loading issues. I took both my PS3s to a buddies house a week ago to use his connection, and both of them ran perfectly fine.

The weird thing is that, dispite all these issues, once I actually manage to connect to a lounge/lobby, things run pretty smoothly (as long as the room itself isn't lagging). I have no issues loading cars in the garage menu, and the tuning menu operates at the same sub-par speed it always has.

Gam touched on this a while ago...I thing my router might have a firewall running, which is causing me all these problems. I know where to go to set up a designated port for my ps3, but have no idea how to actually do it.

But even if I get around the firewall, it's still just a 5mbs connection over phone line, and I share it with 4 other people lol (damn broke, moochy neighbors)....that's why I'm probably gonna get some 25mbs cable Internet sometime in the next few weeks.
 
I deleted the cache from the GT settings and my load times noticeably improved :dopey:
 
I deleted the cache from the GT settings and my load times noticeably improved :dopey:

I try to clean my cache once a week. That helps a little bit with connecting to lobbies, but makes no difference in loading times :(
 
I'm 100% sure it's my Internet connection. One of my PS3s is an old original, and my other is a brand new slim that I bought a month ago. Both of them act the exact same. When connected to the net, they run slow as hell. If I sign out of PSN and then start the game, the game runs perfectly fine with no loading issues. I took both my PS3s to a buddies house a week ago to use his connection, and both of them ran perfectly fine.

The weird thing is that, dispite all these issues, once I actually manage to connect to a lounge/lobby, things run pretty smoothly (as long as the room itself isn't lagging). I have no issues loading cars in the garage menu, and the tuning menu operates at the same sub-par speed it always has.

Gam touched on this a while ago...I thing my router might have a firewall running, which is causing me all these problems. I know where to go to set up a designated port for my ps3, but have no idea how to actually do it.

But even if I get around the firewall, it's still just a 5mbs connection over phone line, and I share it with 4 other people lol (damn broke, moochy neighbors)....that's why I'm probably gonna get some 25mbs cable Internet sometime in the next few weeks.

I deleted the cache from the GT settings and my load times noticeably improved :dopey:

Ohhh okay. Have you tried rebooting your router? Unplug the power and plug it back in. See what happens from there.

And oh yea I forgot to mention antha's way lol.
 
Do you notice any difference if you play offline? If not, here's what I recommend.

Last year, my loading times were very extensive. I thought it was my connection. I went offline and noticed that there was no difference. I bought a brand new hard drive and installed it. I noticed a huuge difference. Loading times were 10x faster and my cars load up quicker. Buy the 7200rpm. It's faster than the stock hard drive. Moreover, stock hard drive's gets faulty after a while.

I hope this will help.

it would help loading tracks... ps3 games run on RAM and CD drive speed would improve the speed of games. Unfortunately upgrading this drive isn't possible from what i've researched.
 
it would help loading tracks... ps3 games run on RAM and CD drive speed would improve the speed of games. Unfortunately upgrading this drive isn't possible from what i've researched.

Ohhh okay. In my experience, running an upgraded hard drive was a big improvement. The loading times online became so much faster. Not only for GT5, but for other games as well. Probably it's because my stock hard drive was really messed up :lol:
 
RED, CJ & I had some decent amount of time on the track tonight. Some good drifting on the Blackout course.
 
Hell yeah man good times tonight! We need to get some more tandems in like that night on autumn ring mini. :dopey:
 
First one i've been able to make in a while, sorry if I got in anyone's way, too many people at my house I couldn't concentrate :(
 
anthaliscious
RED, CJ & I had some decent amount of time on the track tonight. Some good drifting on the Blackout course.

Nice driving ant your angel is great makes for a good tandem. See you next time...
 
Nice driving ant your angel is great makes for a good tandem. See you next time...

Hey thanks! I'll add you later this evening after school and such, forgot to do so last night :lol:
 
Nice seeing you guys at NS! That was my first time trying out GVS reverse. Fun track layout. I'll add that to my list of tracks to practice.
 
Nice seeing you guys at NS! That was my first time trying out GVS reverse. Fun track layout. I'll add that to my list of tracks to practice.

Yeah great seeing you too! You get awesome angle! Hope to get some runs in with ya!
 
Look what I saw in a lobby today :lol:

011_zpsc6248b0b.jpg
 
Guys, if you have any suggestions of what you would like I see, give me any variable and I can see why I can do! Pm me through PSN :).

Offering you guys because of how awesome you are! :)
 
Just had a sick sesh with Rice Freak. Good drifting man!!!
 
Guys, if you have any suggestions of what you would like I see, give me any variable and I can see why I can do! Pm me through PSN :).

Offering you guys because of how awesome you are! :)

Hold the phone!!! You can modify any variable now?? As in, you can change tread width, ride height, etc etc? You Sir, are a god among men :D
 
no. lol. chassis, engine, drive.
 
Another Great session with Workn, Ja, and Griff! GR's Guys! Hope to drift with you all soon!
 
Back