Team SUBSTANCE | Touge/Wangan/Drift | Now Hiring-er.. recruiting!

Dominican Republic
Atlanta, GA
SolidSnake7735
6632765133_6e91ba155d_b.jpg

Team Mission:
This team is a platform to get drivers of all skill levels together together on track and learn from each other while having a good time, being competitive, loyal and respectful. We are a GT5 street racing team. As in, we race almost exclusively production cars (eg. no Rally, RM, LMP, SuperGT, DTM, F1, X1 or other race cars). Occasionally we run race cars for fun.​

Events:
Touge Battle:
TeamSUB vs. Midnight R: Roster Incomplete (Postponed)

TeamSUB vs. Myogi NightKids: Result [LOSS]
SATURDAY 10.29.2011 TIME: 9PM EST
SolidSnake7735 vs. TougeAce-Obake
Che69velle vs. JC18137​

TeamSUB vs. Team RedSuns: Result [LOSS]
SATURDAY/SUNDAY 12.10.2011-12.11.2011
Substance:
SolidSnake7735
che69velle
dudeguy/indianaBROnes
kadoimmortal​

VS

RedSuns:
Badboy_etc
Wynter92
Street-King14
Redsuns_maccer42​

We will be hosting regular Touge, Wangan and occasional Drift lobbies.
(For those that don't know... the Nurburgring IS a touge)
TOSS: LotS [Legend of the Streets] associated races
TDC: Touge Drivers Club team events
(here I will be updating with dates/times of race nights/meets)

Where to touge?!
If you want to drive the greatest touge tracks out there, check out Legend of the Streets and see what's the hottest shht out there. Or you can check my currently shared track.

Currently Shared Track:
Snake Canyon​

Gran Turismo has plenty of tracks (aside from custom tracks) where you can have a lot of fun running touge style battles!! The most obvious is the Nurburgring but there are other tracks where you can have sector runs and grip gambler battles and have awesome cone killing turn-arounds like THIS.

Cote d'Azur
Tokyo R246
Grand Valley
Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Circuito de Madrid (very fun whole track, figure something out lol)
Suzika
Trial Mountain
Deep Forest

"WANGAN MIDNIGNT"
Wangan is basically japanese highway/freeway racing. The most popular Wangan course on GT5 is the Special Stage Route 7 which is that really long highway track. Other highway tracks include:

Special/Clubman Stage 5
Tokyo R246
Circuit de la Sarthe (LeMans)
LeMans is composed of mostly public
french roads, and it is popular online
for wide open street-car
drag races on the Mulsanne straight

TUNING HELP:
Looking to try out or run with us but don't know what to drive?
or how to tune? Visit TheCardboardBox tuning thread
and find yourself something that fits your style.
Driving fast is 10% car choice, 40% skill, 50% tuning.
The numbers you input wont necessarily make you faster, but it'll help.
Have Fun!!

Challenges:

Touge:
500PP Sports: Hard
No Aids/Damage:Heavy/Track Edge:Real/Slipstream:Weak

Wangan:
600PP Sports: Soft
No Aids/Damage:Heavy/Track Edge:Real/Slipstream:Weak

Battle Rules:
2v2: Two separate 1v1 battles, First team to Two(2) wins, wins. If the matches are split, the winners of each will duel each other for the Team Victory.

3v3 and higher: Team who wins most battles wins​

Tryouts: || [OPEN] / CLOSED ||
What we look for in Team SUBSTANCE Members is not necessarily that you can drift the entire length of the Nürburgring, do 360/720-degree entries or that you can run 250+mph in a Viper/FGT/Enzo. Cool as that may be, that doesn't make you stand out in my eyes. You gotta have swag.
That, and you gotta be able to hold your own on the Touge in a 500PP car using Sports Hard tires on Tarmac. If you think you have what it takes and could fit in then holla at ya boy. Reply to the thread, message or friend request myself of che69velle. Remember folks, at the end of the day, it's all about having a good time, sharing laughs and making friends.

PS: IF YOU'RE WANTING TO TRY OUT, COME PREPARED.
SEE THE LINKS IN MY SIGNATURE FOR HELP TUNIG
VEHICLES TO TOUGE SPECIFICATIONS AND FOR ANY
READING THAT WOULD HELP YOU A GREAT DEAL IF
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN TEAM Substance

MEET THE TEAM [GTP-Username/PSN-ID]

El Presidente:
SolidSnake(SolidSnake7735)
Team leader/founder. All-around smart-ass and know-it-all. Cool guy tho, right? Damn right! I'm a better tuner than I am a driver.. that in no way means I'm not fast. I run a tuning garage here on GTP. TheCardboardBox

Captain:
che69velle(che69velle)
Down to earth spoiled rich boy from the east coast:sly:, anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time so my cars in life and game reflect that, i work as an auto transporter and driver for manheim auto auction, my real SCCA A class racing licence makes it so i get to drive high end exotics somtimes across country for delivery(car itself not a truck) own and work on my own cars including a '69 chevelle and my '04 ford ranger fx4 level II i'm setting up as a Baja/Trophy truck

Pawns:
dudeguy(indianaBROnes)-
kadoimmortal(kadoimmortal)-
ESR1990(mob1990)-
Reyesrazor77-
H_enry_T-

ALLIES:

Touge Gorillaz
White Smoke Gang
Myogi NightKids

EST. 9.16.2011

Last edited:
i'd be intrested in joining, you met me on the touge, i love to drift and if i do a wangan run its in a 600pp or less class(my 573pp supra rz to be specific)........

SUBSTANCE.....h'mm i'm guessing metal gear substance... was the influence on that name, shame gt5 doesn't have custom graphics or an octocamo car lol

Haha, shame indeed. A livery editor would make this game beyond perfect lol

And yea, that was the influence.

I remember that Supra of yours, that thing's a beast. My Z06 was having trouble keeping up!
Welcome Aboard!

Speaking of colors and octocamo... Team colors aren't really set. Though my mostly used vehicles sport matte paints or other strange paintjobs

Last edited:
Speaking of colors and octocamo... Team colors aren't really set. Though my mostly used vehicles sport matte paints or other strange paintjobs

i like the mazoria colors but a team color makes it hard if you choose something rare, i say let us as a group reflect our teamness and not restrict that.

i like the mazoria colors but a team color makes it hard if you choose something rare, i say let us as a group reflect our teamness and not restrict that.

definitely, being from NY i try & make everything look good n stylish LOL.
you've seen my( M)atte(L)ight(S)ilver M5 w/ Matte Blue BBS's and Matte Red R34 on Championship White BBS's

*SWAG*

maybe we can battle during LotS season two and that can be my try-out.

definitely, being from NY i try & make everything look good n stylish LOL.
you've seen my( M)atte(L)ight(S)ilver M5 w/ Matte Blue BBS's and Matte Red R34 on Championship White BBS's

*SWAG*

you want a gold chrome paint chip for bling factor? and i may have a chip of that mushroom color you want too.

I just repainted my GT-R Matte Green with Gold Chrome BBS's. planning to use it for LotS Season 2. as ive made some changes to it, it now handles better. I'll post its updated settings on the T-Spec Garage thread. It shall be called GT-R T-Spec II haha.
though i'll wait to see if i can manage winning enough races to warrant uploading it y'know. it needs some cred before being official.

And that mushroom paint would surely be appreciated. gold chrome too. I have some Maziora paints i could give you for them. Everest and Andromeda (i think)

Gonna buy a new USB flash drive this week (as i lost mine a few weeks ago) so i could start uploading pics from our runs together

why, different time different topic, your not on the team list, what are you the SUBSTANCE troll?

Do it or GTFO, simple. Your first few posts will make or break your reputation around here, i'll let you figure which one you fall under.

Do it or GTFO, simple. Your first few posts will make or break your reputation around here, i'll let you figure which one you fall under.

thats the beauty of our society, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, i only care about my reputation among my friends and could care less otherwise.

Back