Ted & Sue Richardson's 1962 Buick Special "Bu'Wicked"

• Thread starter GTCr@zyPSP
  • 10 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTCr@zyPSP

(Banned)
Ted & Sue Richardson's 1962 Buick Special "Bu'Wicked

If you haven't checked out this car, its quite awesome, and a special treat in Gran Turismo. It's the winner of the 2003 Gran Tursimo Award at SEMA. Based on a 2 door Buick Special its a custom car from the ground up (This aint no ordinary Special ;) )

The car is beautiful in the game, but even more stunning is the real version, as seen here...

1962_buick_special_1-photo.jpg

62BuWicked_382_.jpg

62BuWicked_17_.jpg

62BuWicked_19_.jpg

Its got alot of goodies

Ted & Sue Richardson's 1962 Buick Special - "Bu'Wicked"

Engine:
455 Buick
TA Performance Stage 2 Street Eliminator Aluminum Heads
TA Performance Hydraulic Cam - .542/.550 lift; 238/248 duration; 112 lobe center
TA Performance Forged Rods
JE Pistons 8.5:1
Accel Gen VII electronic fuel injection
F-1 Procharger supercharger from ATI
Intake manifold, headers, exhaust, motor mounts, supercharger intake tubes and all brackets – hand fabricated by Ryan Butler

Brakes:
Baer Pro+ 13.5” rotors, Alcon 4 piston calipers (front)
Baer Pro+ 13.5” rotors, Alcon 4 piston calipers (rear)

Wheels:
Budnik ‘Arrowhead’ 17x8 front, 17x11 rear

Tires:
Michelin Pilot Sport, 235/40R17 front, 335/35R17 rear

Frame/Chassis/Suspension:
Art Morrison frame rails
Fabricated sheet metal housing by Scribner welding
Ford 9” 3rd member
31 spline axles
Stainless Steel control Arms from Heidts
SuperRide II front end from Heidts
Air Ride Shock Wave system front & rear from Air Ride Technologies
Roll Cage and all remaining pieces of frame/chassis hand fabricated by Ryan Butler

Trans & Clutch:
Richmond 6 speed
McCloud bell housing and twin disk clutch
Clutch/brake pedal assembly from Kugel (modified by Ryan)

Body/Interior:
The following body modifications/fabrication done by Ryan Butler
Rear quarter panel line and wheel opening modified
Wing windows removed
Gas door moved to top of rear quarter panel
All floor metal
Body fabricated to roll cage, which is bolted to frame
Firewall, front inner fenders, roll pan, core support all hand fabricated
Front end modified for supercharger inner cooler
Dash and gauge pod
Wheel tubs

For more info and pics of the car during the build up Click Here

Ive been messing with this car & I got to say its quite fun to drive, its tail end gets out on yah, but its easy to power through, quite a tire roaster.

I hope Ive shed some light on a car that seems to be overlooked in the game, I dont hear to much chat about it & its one of the most unique cars in Gran Turismo GT4 & GT PSP.

Last edited:

Thats cool, however its still not chatted about too much, and I like the specifics Ive been able to find, not to mention all the pics of the car though the build.

Despite there being some post about it in 2003, its 2010 & Its apearence has been made in GT PSP, GT PSP has brought new members to this forum, that dont intend on going through post that are 7 years old & full of broken links that get you nowhere. I didnt post this as "new" news, just giving interesting info on a great car in the GT PSP scene. I dont see ANY of the details Ive posted previously put up in any of the post about this car, so I guess that is NEW info, lol. Im pointing out SPECIFICS about the car + pics throughout the build, and details on what parts went into the build. Id like to spark a deeper interest in the car, beyond what is already there, or was there 7 years ago......

But thanks for pointing out some 7 year old useless threads full of broken links ;) waisted a good few min of my time, thanks :)

Last edited:
Thats cool, however its still not chatted about too much, and I like the specifics Ive been able to find, not to mention all the pics of the car though the build.

Despite there being some post about it in 2003, its 2010 & Its apearence has been made in GT PSP, GT PSP has brought new members to this forum, that dont intend on going through post that are 7 years old & full of broken links that get you nowhere. I didnt post this as "new" news, just giving interesting info on a great car in the GT PSP scene. I dont see ANY of the details Ive posted previously put up in any of the post about this car, so I guess that is NEW info, lol. Im pointing out SPECIFICS about the car + pics throughout the build, and details on what parts went into the build. Id like to spark a deeper interest in the car, beyond what is already there, or was there 7 years ago......

That's great, but you kinda missed the point of my post. I didn't say anything in your post was bad or wrong. I added information you didn't previously have - that we did indeed talk about it 7 years ago when it was fresh news.

But thanks for pointing out some 7 year old useless threads full of broken links ;) waisted a good few min of my time, thanks :)

I'm sorry you considering reading things that have gone before to be a waste (as opposed to the part of your body important for trouser fitment) of your time.

Perhaps to save anyone from wasting their time in 7 years when they want to talk about the car, I should lock your thread now - after all, your photobucket images will be gone by then and your sole link may well be dead?

No?

How about we can the attitude then?

That's great, but you kinda missed the point of my post. I didn't say anything in your post was bad or wrong. I added information you didn't previously have - that we did indeed talk about it 7 years ago when it was fresh news.

Sory I misstook the nature of your post, it at first apeared like you were not liking a new thread on a topic that is not new news. My Bad :)

I'm sorry you considering reading things that have gone before to be a waste (as opposed to the part of your body important for trouser fitment) of your time.

No I consider going through dead links a waist of time, I wouldnt point out a thread full of dead links, the only info it had is already in my thread, not much point, it was a waist of time

Perhaps to save anyone from wasting their time in 7 years when they want to talk about the car, I should lock your thread now - after all, your photobucket images will be gone by then and your sole link may well be dead?

No?

When that happens I wouldnt post links to it, or take a min to fix the broken links ;)

How about we can the attitude then?

Yeah, lets :)

Sory I misstook the nature of your post, it at first apeared like you were not liking a new thread on a topic that is not new news. My Bad :)

Indeed.

No I consider going through dead links a waist of time, I wouldnt point out a thread full of dead links, the only info it had is already in my thread, not much point, it was a waist of time

Waist is stil the part of your body you measure for new jeans. The word you're looking for is "waste".

If you consider looking for information a waste of time, you're in the wrong place.

When that happens I wouldnt post links to it, or take a min to fix the broken links ;)

Wait, so I'm in charge of the entire internet now, and I must fix every offsite link to ensure every story is archived and preserved in case someone wants to make a thread about it 7 years later?

I told you the car was discussed, originally, 7 years ago when it was hot news that the 2003 SEMA winner was in GT4. If you want to find more on this site about it, we have a very useful, very functional Search Function which means you don't have to waste or waist your time.

Yeah, lets :)

You don't actually seem to have dispensed with it yet.

Indeed.

Waist is stil the part of your body you measure for new jeans. The word you're looking for is "waste".

Sorry if english is not my first language and I rely on spell check, we could continue this convo in french si tu plait, pas ce que c'est plus facile pour moi ;) Maybe then you would have a few spelling errors that are irrelevant...

If you consider looking for information a waste of time, you're in the wrong place.

I consider going to links posted that take me to threads that have only links to real info, & those links are all broken, a waist of time. IF im going to post a link its going to be to a place where the info is still availible at the time, not was there once 7 years ago. I would of checked first.

Wait, so I'm in charge of the entire internet now, and I must fix every offsite link to ensure every story is archived and preserved in case someone wants to make a thread about it 7 years later?

No but your responsible for the links you post and they are pointless if they only leed to a place where info once was, but no longer is...

I told you the car was discussed, originally, 7 years ago when it was hot news that the 2003 SEMA winner was in GT4. If you want to find more on this site about it, we have a very useful, very functional Search Function which means you don't have to waste or waist your time.

Yeah fishing through 7 years a threads is a even bigger waist of time, especially when the links in those threads are broken....

You don't actually seem to have dispensed with it yet.

I heard once you get further with sugar then with salt, :crazy: I hope your not upset, something as trivial as this shouldnt get you upet at all, have a coke & a smile :) Life is good.

Sorry if english is not my first language and I rely on spell check, we could continue this convo in french si tu plait, pas ce que c'est plus facile pour moi ;) Maybe then you would have a few spelling errors that are irrelevant...
[...]

Please... "Si tu plait" "pas ce que"... I don't want to be rude but please, when you write in french, try get it right. Thank you ;). My english is not that good either but if someone tells me I made a mistake about language, I thank him and apologize... Moreover, we decided to be members of this forum, we are foreigners so we have to be more carefull about the things we say, especially the way we say them, and we have to adjust ourselves to their manners and way of thinking... We have to show more humility and respect...
Merci.

About your thread, thank you because it is interesting 👍 !

Last edited:
Please... "Si tu plait" "pas ce que"... I don't want to be rude but please, when you write in french, try get it right. Thank you ;). My english is not that good either but if someone tells me I made a mistake about language, I thank him and apologize... Moreover, we decided to be members of this forum, we are foreigners so we have to be more carefull about the things we say, especially the way we say them, and we have to adjust ourselves to their manners and way of thinking... We have to show more humility and respect...
Merci.

Ah tu vu mon blague, lol That was on purpose, as its trivial and really not important, but forum Nazi's cant stand it. lol no matter what language its in :scared:

2 way street, respect is earned... I do see and understand your point, but you do get more with sugar then with salt ;) Diplomacy can go a long way... Staff should set the example ;)

About your thread, thank you because it is interesting 👍 !

No prob, this car is from the ground up bad ass...

Last edited:

AUP
All messages must be posted in English

GTCr@zyPSP
forum Nazi's

Let me know when you're willing to be an adult. Given that you've already admitted it was your misunderstanding, I have no idea why you're choosing to persist with this rather foolish course of action:

GTCr@zyPSP
Sory I misstook the nature of your post, it at first apeared like you were not liking a new thread on a topic that is not new news. My Bad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back