Tell us about your Nations and Manufacturers race

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 427 comments
Would be smart to have a daily in the same class / track a day or two before the race for all of these. Bathurst hasn't been a daily at all yet (I dont think?) and it's certainly not an easy course if you don't know it backwards.

Yeah that went about as well as I expected. Bathurst was never going to go well was it.

haha I had that same feeling when doing warm-up and practice, so many corners where you can just get punted by some loser. fortunately/unfortunately I lost my network connection and then gave up doing last nights session.

Horrible experience. I admit this was my first mount panorama in gts, but I got *** mostly because of unfair sr penalties. Got hit several times from behind and in the side and got penalized... For what, because I brake because there is a corner.

Pd needs to fix this Sr madness asap!

Nations race today was a real sleeper. Two thirds of the players used the Volkswagen so there was really no competition. I also got pushed in the back which sent me in the wall and gave me a 10 sec penalty. I had no chance of catching up at that point.

Manufacturers race was a short story. Qualified horribly due to the weak Gr.4 Subaru. People got aggressive in the first corner, as always, and I got hit hard in the back. The system saw it as blocking attempt and I got a 10 sec penalty for it. Quit the race a couple of seconds after that corner. There really was no point.

I'm continuously astonished that S rank players seem to be so reckless just seconds after a start. Maybe they have figured out the system and exploits it in small doses. Sometimes that's what it feels like.

Quit the race a couple of seconds after that corner. There really was no point.
Actually that's not true. Sometimes I lost a lot of time because someone divebombed me and I was close to quitting but when i continued in the end I was always glad that I finished, in a 8 round race there is usually still a lot of time to catch up.

Actually that's not true. Sometimes I lost a lot of time because someone divebombed me and I was close to quitting but when i continued in the end I was always glad that I finished, in a 8 round race there is usually still a lot of time to catch up.

Yeah I know, much can happen. I just don't have the patience anymore. When the odds are against me like that I just quit automatically. I have switched to this mentality after getting in these situations in almost every race now. There's no fun in driving your ass off just to get to 12th place.

Yeah I know, much can happen. I just don't have the patience anymore. When the odds are against me like that I just quit automatically. I have switched to this mentality after getting in these situations in almost every race now. There's no fun in driving your ass off just to get to 12th place.
Sometimes it might be 12th place but the result will often surprise you. You are not the only one who gets pushed off the track. Often it will to happen to some guys in front of you. My experience is that the best option is to stay cool and just finish the race. The skill level in a group varies a lot, so even a accident or 2 might not change the outcome of a race that much.

I’m experiencing something strange in almost every Qualify session. In the kart event, for example, I qualified in second, but then came the “official Qualify result” and I was fourth. Are you guys experiencing the same? Dropping places after Qualify has ended.

Sometimes it might be 12th place but the result will often surprise you. You are not the only one who gets pushed off the track. Often it will to happen to some guys in front of you. My experience is that the best option is to stay cool and just finish the race. The skill level in a group varies a lot, so even a accident or 2 might not change the outcome of a race that much.

I think this depends on what level you're driving at.
In a lobby full of Dr S/A driver's, being punted off track totally ruins your race because the margins are smaller.

In a lobby with DR C, getting punted off track doesn't mean the same thing.

I would be very frustrated if very quick drivers continue to abuse the penalty system, also it's much easier to drive off a 10 second penalty than it is to catch back up.

I’m experiencing something strange in almost every Qualify session. In the kart event, for example, I qualified in second, but then came the “official Qualify result” and I was fourth. Are you guys experiencing the same? Dropping places after Qualify has ended.

People set times and then leave to pit. It removes them from leaderboard. Basically, that leaderboard on top left is for people currently on track.

To start my Round 1 and 2 Race were super fair and nice.

14.11 Round 3: Trained 1 hour for the manufacturers race and did 1:20.xx constantly at the end.
Started Qualy and was blocked every lap because its a short track. (I tired to find a free slot with 200m space to next car but no way.) Only 1 Laps without cars in front and then i made a mistake in the only fast lap at the last corner...where i never did a mistake before.
Startet on Pos.18. (I hate it when in the qualy most other drivers wont leave you a space and keep overtaking from behind while you wait for a free spot. They even start fights with me in the qualy...wtf)
Race: Middle of first lap i am already on pos.12 due to some cars that left Track. A car in front of me brakes in front of the last very long corner so hard i cant avoid it and push him out where normally you go full throttle for another few 100m... 10 seconds penalty for that. Was not sure if i deserved that but ok accepted.
Next car i catched in 1st corner and was at his side on the straight to corner 2. He started bumping me in the side 5 or 6 times. I looked a lot like he did it by intention. (not in the second corner but on the straight)
Then got overtaken by that subaru (what else if not a GT-R) in the inside where was no space at all for overtaking and he also didnt slow down and didnt give me back my position after bumping me out 2 times. He was clearly slower but always bumped me by late braking.
So i decided once i had the inside to also do the same and dont give him space and got 10 seconds for that and then again without any further contact 10 seconds. Makes 30 seconds in total... He didnt even crash and just left track for few seconds and lost few seconds.
The rest of the race i was turning down that penalty and due to this only managed to drive 1:22 or 1:23.
It was so frustrating since it was a B S to C S lobby and i usually should dominate that race if only i didnt make that 1 mistake in the qualy :(
End of Story i was on position 14 out of 16 remaining cars. But my penalty time was worked down.
I fell back to B A ranking from B S.
Ok lets do a quick Gr.3 Race on Dragon Trail to get back Rank B S i thought.
Started the Race and now guess what? There was the GT-R that couldn't stop going aside me and pushing me off Track over and over. At this point i lost my patience and crashed this idiot after he didn't stop that ******** and so it took 2 more Gr.3 Races to get back my B S Rank. Some players only understand the hard way.

Hi guys,
I would like to share my yesterday experience. It starts even in qualify session where two of the racers start blocking everybody a pushing them in to the wall each time anybody wants to pass. I start race with C\E and P12. Then it is all began. It was not racing at all .. it was destruction derby. In the last corner of the lap i was pushed from behind to the wall and unfortunately I take with me two other cars (there was no chance to avoid). BLAAAM ... 10sec penalty. Few laps later, very same racer do it again. Nonsense, he start overtaking me in slow corner with high speed and BLAAAM ... he take me with him to the wall. Another 10sec penalty for me. Same thing happen in last lap. Needless to say that some of the racers pushing me out of the track when I was trying to overtaking them on top speed .. no corner ahead. He just don't want to let me overtaking him. I was angry of mad, loosing my temper. But the worst of it is, that after race I have D\E !!!! Now tell me what the f.ck is going on with this stupid penalty system. You don't even have chance to report those kind of racers ... no tools for defend real drivers ... II will rather slow down and wait for better chance to overtake somebody instead of smashing him to the wall or push him out of the race. Hope that this will be repair somehow soon, because it is very great game at all.

Thanks guys and hope for clean races for future

Manufacturers race was a short story. Qualified horribly due to the weak Gr.4 Subaru. People got aggressive in the first corner, as always, and I got hit hard in the back. The system saw it as blocking attempt and I got a 10 sec penalty for it. Quit the race a couple of seconds after that corner. There really was no point.

I'm continuously astonished that S rank players seem to be so reckless just seconds after a start. Maybe they have figured out the system and exploits it in small doses. Sometimes that's what it feels like.

I actually love the Subaru! I qualified 3rd for my manufacturer race. Sat right behind the first two guys (a Scirocco and an M4) and watched with joy as they continuously bashed into each other. I was just waiting for them to take each other off, and sure enough 3 laps in they did. I kept my cool swept past them both and sped off to the win by 8 seconds :)

I only had a few really bad "destruction derby" drivers in races, but what I notice now often in the FIA races is that many drivers just treat you like you're an AI driver in Arcade mode. Meaning they just extremely aggressive push past you in corners, using you as a barrier, or bump you from behind, not in the purpose of taking you out (even though that's often the result), just to reduce their speed to get around the corner. It seems to me because these are the FIA races which are supposed to be the real deal, many drivers want to finish the races in good positions at all costs. Mind you, these are all SR S drivers!

The other day I was racing against a Ferrari, he was really slow, I think he started the race at 18th position. I started way further up the field, but I went off the track (can't remember it was an error on my side or another driver taking me out) and ended up in 19th position. So I catch up to the Ferrari easy, stayed behind until he made a mistake and overtook him without any contact coming out of the corner onto the straight. All good I thought, until the next corner after the straight, where I braked as usual, just to have him dive to the inside and grind his way past me, almost sending me off track. This was a fight for the 18th position, I mean, what is he gonna win? He was clearly slower than me and everybody else! So this repeated I think once or twice more in this race, I pass him clean, he uses me as a barrier to get around corners.

This was last week and a more or less isolated event. This week though, it's been like this in every FIA race.

First time round Willow Springs was the FIA Manufacturers Qualifying, went off track 2 laps in a row, then set the fastest lap! (DR:B) Won from the front. over 700 points! Entered the race expecting it to be madness, having never done it before, but it went the total opposite way, pretty chuffed.

I notice now often in the FIA races is that many drivers just treat you like you're an AI driver in Arcade mode. Meaning they just extremely aggressive push past you in corners, using you as a barrier
Exactly this!
They cant wait for a mistake and the pace is +/- the same, so they decide to brake late and dive into the corner. Sometimes even when i cut curbs they go even more inside in the green and lean on me! That is unaceptable after doing it twice in the same race i lose passions with the driver and may crash that induviduum out the track next corner if he wont give back position... Also most time after doing that i get penalty and lose more positions. But it is satisfying to know he wont have that position that he dont deserve!
At the other hand i also have a lot of nice races where you can battle guys and even go parallel with 2-3 cars into corners for several laps and nobody gets hit or even touched. But some just dont see why they should play fair and force you to leave the track or something...

Exactly this!
At the other hand i also have a lot of nice races where you can battle guys and even go parallel with 2-3 cars into corners for several laps and nobody gets hit or even touched. But some just dont see why they should play fair and force you to leave the track or something...

That is right. I also spend many nice races with great and correct fight for better positions too. It is always great fun to have correct fight for positions when each drivers are correct to each other. That was real racing and real fun for us .... drivers ;)

That is right. I also spend many nice races with great and correct fight for better positions too. It is always great fun to have correct fight for positions when each drivers are correct to each other. That was real racing and real fun for us .... drivers
And if someone fights fair i dont even mind to lose a position against that person. I can follow maybe a faster guy who knows better lines than me instead of pushing him out in the next corner.

I somehow lost interest in those events...:indiff:
They need a clear line IMO. The manufacturer series is fine, as you know what you're doing in there. But the nations cup? Every day you have to drive some other weird car on some reverse or short track!? No thanks...

PD really needs to step up their game now! And especially, communicate more with us players! Where want they to go with those events? And what are their plans for the rest of 2017? I'm not interested in doing test events for the next year until they managed to fix the BoP....

And if someone fights fair i dont even mind to lose a position against that person. I can follow maybe a faster guy who knows better lines than me instead of pushing him out in the next corner.

That is correct ... I have the very same feeling !! ;) If somebody is faster than me, I always let him past in qualify and also in the race. If you are faster, go ahead and enjoy your ride. I don't have any kind of interest to slow you down. And this is what the racing is about ... respect to each other ;) It is shame that it is not working in virtual racing too ;)

I have a question about Nations and Manufacturers Cup. Can someone tell me what the actual objective is (besides doing well, obviously)?

Is it to help your country or manufacturer win, or to be the best in your country or within the brand you’re driving for?

Also, on the last day of the championship I might not know my final position yet, if I don’t race in the last slot, but I can’t see where I finished on the next day either. Kind of pointless, isn’t it?

Also, don’t you think there should be some kind of championship reward for how well you did overall...?

At the moment this is just another form of daily races...

Also, on the last day of the championship I might not know my final position yet, if I don’t race in the last slot, but I can’t see where I finished on the next day either. Kind of pointless, isn’t it?
You can! Go to the sportmode to the manufacturer races to the point overview and there in the top left corner switch to season 1 and analyze your points and rankings you had.

That is correct ... I have the very same feeling !! ;) If somebody is faster than me, I always let him past in qualify and also in the race. If you are faster, go ahead and enjoy your ride. I don't have any kind of interest to slow you down. And this is what the racing is about ... respect to each other ;) It is shame that it is not working in virtual racing too ;)
In Qualifying I will definitely let someone much faster pass easily. In a race I’m going to make it as hard as possible while still being clean. If they get a good run on me I will by all means concede the line but until that happens....

To the D drivers complaining about points. I have been lucky enough to work myself up to a high B and have been able to just barely run a quick enough lap to get placed in the top tier rooms where i immediately get housed by all the aliens and finish in the way way back but still bring in a healthy points haul.

If i were to be placed in the lower rooms i am quite confident i could win easily with gap to spare most times. With that being the case i would personally expect more points for 18th in the top room than for 1st in a lower room. Took more effort to get there. I had to prove myself over a long period to earn the opportunity and some of the drivers ive been paired against are absolutely untouchable. When you recognize 5 people immediately that are in the top 10 stars and 3 former gt academy finalists including a champion you are in rare air and its an honor just to be the caboose.
I am also in high B and feel the same way... I just wish I had a wheel instead a dualshock. So that, maybe, Just maybe, I can pass 1 or 2 of those GTA finalist in a race. :)

Just in case anyone is trying to document point results, a friend and I got into the same lobby tonight for the FIA race at Blue Moon Tri-Oval.
We both entered the room as B:S drivers.
He qualified 5th - I qualified 8th
He finished 10th - I finished 9th
He had a Red A - I had a Blue S (we were bump drafting after a wreck)

He got 670 points - I Got 731.

/shrug

I am also in high B and feel the same way... I just wish I had a wheel instead a dualshock. So that, maybe, Just maybe, I can pass 1 or 2 of those GTA finalist in a race. :)
I would personally agree with this. I would prefer to be in a top room and fight for every position than win by 10 seconds in a low room. The frustration comes in that you have no way of anticipating which room you will get, and this impacts your potential to get points.
For example I had a practice time of 1:10 flat and consistently running 1:10-1:11 laps with top 10 cutoff being a 1.09.5 on a hotlap, yet I got put in a room with 1 D:B and the rest E:B. Romped in without breaking a sweat and only got 200 points. Yet if I was in a room with all A:As id still be competitive and I might get 600 points +.

Qualified 3rd at Willow Springs and finished 1st by over 4 seconds. The first couple of corners were a mess but then the top 4 pulled away from the pack and had clean racing. Everyone in front of me went off the track at some point but it was still great to win. 530 points. I tried mt panorama the other day but quit after being smashed to pieces after 2 laps.

Back