Tell us about your Nations and Manufacturers race

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 427 comments
I was fourth in Willow, but I literally had a bad trip in the desert... and spinned so many times, I didn’t know where to go.
Finished 17th I think. lol... always something going on.

In the Nations Cup I was in a group with a lot of DR:C. I got pole, and there was one other guy that was fast. We made a little bit of team work and pulled away from everybody. He finished first, and I second.
I got 500 points. Usually I get 1000 for getting 4th or 5th.
I hope I get more lucky in the next races.

Raced in my first manufacture cup race at Willow Springs. I qualified third in the race in the corvette. The race starts and I drop down to fourth after the first corner but eventually moved up to second. Me and the first place guy built up a sizable gap between third place and eventually the leading guy made a mistake and ran wide at the top of the hill. From there on I would lead the race up until lap 10 of 12 when I came upon a back marker. I could get a run on the back marker on the straights but he wouldn't let me pass and I would back out of the corners incase he would bump me off. After the right long sweeper coming up towards the hill, I had a good run on the guy and gave him plenty of space on the inside but was sideswiped by the back marker before the turn. Ended up losing first place and the race. I finished third on the final lap after making a mistake.

If it weren't for the back marker I would have won my first manufacture race. Overall it was fairly clean race at the front and saved the replay of the race.

I had a near perfect race at Willow and got 6th. I got tapped off on lap 1 that dropped me from 2nd to 8th... but you know how tight these grids are, thats probably less than 1 second of time.... then for the last 10 laps i was under hard pressure from another competitor, or lap times were within 2 or 3 hundreths and neither of us were making mistakes... it felt like forever. Towards the end we started to spin tires and go off line a car width, then he crashed. but i didnt feel bad because he was the driver that tapped me on lap 1. lol.

So last night I did 3 daily races instead of the FIA ones, and as I suspected, these were much better and all very civilised. People seem to be there for having a good time, while in the FIA races, it seems people are driving overly aggressive because they feel they need to finish as high as possible. I wonder if it was better if the points you get for the races would not be visible to the players.

That's my experience: Started with the daily races, I was amazed how clean those races were, best online racing I have ever had. Then the FIA races started, and it was not much fun anymore, totally different experience.

I'll share my experience of one of my best races I've done in Manufacturer Cup (Gr.3 / Bathurst).

The qualifying didn't went well, I could have the pole if I didn't mess up my 2 laps (+0.2sec). Anyway, I started 2nd, between GTNF_Whis (1st) and GTNF_Kenshiro (3rd, +0.5sec). I lose a position after the first lap but I managed to stay in his slipstream. Then, I saw Whis getting slower to help Kenshiro with his slipstream, to secure a 1-2 result. We were all packed in 1.5 seconds.
That teamwork strategy was paying, and even if I was still right behind them, I couldn't do any attack until Kenshiro did a little mistake in lap 6. I passed 2nd, and attacked as fast as I could to catch Whis. Sadly, he went in full attack mode, to win that race (2'02.4 as FL), so I secured the 2nd position.

Just finished the nations race and this was probably the worst race I've experienced so far. Qualified 17th, drove up to 14th, got pushed off track and fell back to 17th, made a mistake on the last lap and ended on 18th position. Got about 30 seconds of penalties in total and a red rating at the end.

I absolutely hated this car, and I did not expect I would so it really caught me by surprise. It looked like a proper sports car but performed more like a mini van. Heavy, unstable, long brake distance, poor acceleration, underwhelming engine sound... was there anything good about it I wonder? I've gone ahead and added it to my black list a long with the i3. This was probably the first and last time I ever drove the Huracan.

Last edited:
I’ve just had my worst ever online racing experience.

I lost SR points almost constantly due to people smashing into the back of me, diving bombing, raming me off the track, tapping the rear end so I spin, having accidents in front of me and hitting me.

I think I’m pretty close to being done with Sport. The save/not save joy of me loosing hours of progress on the single player stuff ruined that for me and I have no desire to do it again, and Sport mode is no better than any other online racing experience I’ve had with randoms. So good job for that I guess...

I nearly bottled a win in the Willow Springs manufacturer race. I got caught in a lapped car's dirty air on Lap 11 and went off at Turn 2. Fortunately I had a 9 second gap and managed to get back on track just a second ahead of 2nd place, and kept the position all the way to the finish.

Last edited:
Summary of the 2nd Seasons at manufactory Championship for me:

Finished first 9th and i was very motivated to at least again do it into the top 20.

Now after 4 Races:

-First race: i had a very bad qualify - i cannot really start keeping my pace in quali like i have done 10 mins before in training. But i started 5.
Nothing special happend at start, but after the second sector i had to lift the throttle and a bmw smashed in my rear. I got a bit wide but could hold my porsche on the street. Then i saw it..10 sec penalty because i god rammed... race over..finished 17 or 18 after i god smashed out after the long straight.

-Second race: I had a very good training with @zzz_pt (was very fun mate) and was very motivated for the race because i could go low 2:03 during the race. I joined the 20:10 race and ended up in a field of: 3x B/S and rest D/S (iam A/S). I was only looking for keeping my A/S. Race destroyed again!

-Third race: Nothing to say much about the race, i dont like the gr4 cars and i dont like the track - could qualify again 5 or 6 (it was if iam looking realistic on it a very good start position for me at this course). During the race i had a good pace but came into the dust and spun out and got stucked on a little hill... after 15 sec i could manage to get away from that hill... finished 18... this time iam glad that i was the error not the system.

NOW: I was confident till the end...3 races left...fully motivated...trained alot at village. Got a good pace.

-Fourth Race: Joined the top split with Atho, Booba. I was very happy about that fact. At quali i got blocked in my second round from a beetle, i let him go to make space between him an me... i could not manage to make it faster in third round... qualified at 5.
Now start comes....boom the game said **** you and it looked like the whole lobby disconnected....

so that was my second season which, for me, was full of **** and bugs and nonsense penalties...
Well i have right now more fun with the community than with that not very well performing game...

Anyway..i hope everybody very much luck at the rest of the open championship races

Every day 2 hours for 2 races....and never a clean race...its quite disappointing...now im not sure what will be my goal in GT Sports...Platinum not, because getting maybe 800 EXP in one race and I need over 2 millions till the end? No chance, and grinding is not an option for me....I want drive backwards in the pit for days, forget it....

maybe I need a brake, but I really take time every night to make a clean race with qualifying and everything....and the last 4 races I was always in top 3 after qualifying and out of the top 10 after lap one...and I was always pushed out of the track....I know, staying on the track is also a quality of driving, but I'm really not lucky with that...make an update and give us more tracks, please

Just did the 2100 AEST Nations Cup race at Interlagos in my trusty Mustang.
Qualified 5th, took all the defensive inside lines into all corners on opening lap, get to the last sharp left turn, surprise surprise, hit for 6 into the downhill grassy bank, no TCS, back to 18th. *******!
Worked back to 7th.

This is really beginning to feel like Call of Duty

Didn't bother with last night's alsace Gr3 race, I hate that track and hate the Subaru Gr3 that I'm stuck with for this season/week. That race would never have went well, so I gave it a miss.

Will defo be back in for tonight's Gr4 race, I love the subaru Gr4.

So tonight I qualified 5th, got jumped at the start, not a big deal, but then when we came to the high-speed S's the guy in front of me went bizarrely slow. I didn't hit him because I'm super clean, but the two idiots behind me luckily managed to avoid me but flew across the grass taking the dude in front of me out. They then set up shop in front of me going slower than I could have been. As a very clean racer I was trying to find a way past cleanly which I could not. Then a couple of laps later one of the guys ballsed up the chicane bit, I hit the brakes to avoid hitting him and again got jumped by guys behind, one of whom flew off the track bounced off the wall and back into my path slowing me down massively! By this point I'm sitting in 8th, I hunted them down and got past one of them in lap 9, but then in the last lap this happens.

I messed up my braking into the chicane, tiny cut of the track, I've been clean as a whistle up till now, never put a foot wrong the whole damn race. Then virtual Charlie Whiting thinks this tiny excursion, which if anything COST me time, is worthy of a 10 second penalty! Utter nonsense. Luckily only dropped me back one place.
The penalty system needs so much work it's not even funny.
IRL a driver would never be penalised for that never mind handed a race wrecking penalty like that!

Been having the worst time the past few days. Like all of a sudden I just SUCK! Can't string a good race together for the life of me and have been finishing last, if at all. Today I had some ray of hope as I was cruising in a very comfortable second on the manufacturers race, but sure enough on lap 8 I clip the grass and spin. Try to pick up the pieces, but as the field passes me I get pinballed and eventually I just think to hell with it all. Ended up spinning a few guys, but I don't care. Always the same story. I'm good and clear, I make a mistake and fall back, I'm stuck with the destruction derby and hate myself. I'm seriously in a low point with this crap.

Picking Nissan was a mistake.

Getting disconnected from too many of these to take it seriously lol. Better off just doing sport mode. The disconnects ruin my ratings.

I had my best performance in the Nations Cup race at Interlagos. Came back from work a few minutes before the first event, picked the Citroën Gr.3 and did two laps in practice. I was 0.2s off the top 10 leaderboard.

I got into the qualifier hoping to get a top 10 start as I tend to make errors and catch traffic. My first time was a 1:31.5 and I held first place until a 4C managed to beat my time by 0.045s. I ended up second. I was truly amazed by that result.

I got into the race thinking I could win that one if I get in the draft. I had two opportunities to pass but backed off as second is better than a crash. That 4C was quite fast and that guy only made one tiny mistake. I had @praiano63 right behind me so I knew I couldn’t do something silly if I wanted to keep second place. I call him the Brazilian God as he’s always up there in the lead. I started to lose touch with the leader midrace. Then on lap 9, praiano63 managed to pass me at turn 4. I then tried to get back in second place and slightly hit his car with no real consequence. I finished third and got 1412 points! My best score yet. Got up to 5th in Canada.

Last edited:
Has anyone been having serious issues with lag? Every time the cars are on auto pilot at the start of a race its looks like they are zigzag-ing around the track. I got lagged into through corners three times in the manufacturers race at Kyoto, and at the nations race at Interlagos, I felt like people only started lagging when I got next to them. :banghead:

I had my best performance in the Nations Cup race at Interlagos. Came back from work a few minutes before the first event, picked the Citroën Gr.3 and did two laps in practice. I was 0.2s off the top 10 leaderboard.

I got into the qualifier hoping to get a top 10 start as I tend to make errors and catch traffic. My first time was a 1:31.5 and I held first place until a 4C managed to beat my time by 0.045s. I ended up second. I was truly amazed by that result.

I got into the race thinking I could win that one if I get in the draft. I had two opportunities to pass but backed off as second is better than a crash. That 4C was quite fast and that guy only made one tiny mistake. I had @praiano63 right behind me so I knew I couldn’t do something silly if I wanted to keep second place. I call him the Brazilian God as he’s always up there in the lead. I started to lose touch with the leader midrace. Then on lap 9, praiano63 managed to pass me at turn 4. I then tried to get back in second place and slightly hit his car with no real consequence. I finished third and got 1412 points! My best score yet. Got up to 5th in Canada.
Haha, i love the fight , it was really great. I am not god and i don t think god play GT ???? Or yes , he does perhaps, with all those bad things happening on the planet without his divine intervention.... people say he is busy ! Perhaps he race the nations cup at night and for sure he must be an Alien untouchable.:lol:

Haha, i love the fight , it was really great. I am not god and i don t think god play GT ???? Or yes , he does perhaps, with all those bad things happening on the planet without his divine intervention.... people say he is busy ! Perhaps he race the nations cup at night and for sure he must be an Alien untouchable.:lol:

I have great respect for you. I admire your tuning and racing skills so it was an honour to race with you. My mirrors were filled with your Porsche haha!

I know the Devil is there ramming us from time to time haha

I had my best result in this race also. The field in mine was all B/S drivers and I managed to qualify 8th in the BMW Z4. The first 10 spot were all within 1.5 seconds.

Turn 1 someone got a little overzealous ahead of me and I gained three spots as cars went wide. Followed 5th place for 2 laps deciding where the best place to make a move would be because he wasn’t making any mistakes and was covering the inside very well. Coming out of the second turn he got a little wide and I got a run on him coming out of the third in to long straight and made the pass.

Passed 4th on the inside of the last hairpin. By this time the top 3 had put a nice gap so I just held 4th for the rest if the race. Got almost 500 points. My previous best was 100 points.

This was easily the cleanest FIA race I’ve had so far.

Edit: Don’t you hate it when you forget to save the replay after a great race?

Last edited:
I had my best result in this race also. The field in mine was all B/S drivers and I managed to qualify 8th in the BMW Z4. The first 10 spot were all within 1.5 seconds.

Turn 1 someone got a little overzealous ahead of me and I gained three spots as cars went wide. Followed 5th place for 2 laps deciding where the best place to make a move would be because he wasn’t making any mistakes and was covering the inside very well. Coming out of the second turn he got a little wide and I got a run on him coming out of the third in to long straight and made the pass.

By this time the top 3 had put a nice gap so I just held 4th for the rest if the race. Got almost 500 points. My previous best was 100 points.

This was easily the cleanedt FIA race I’ve had so far.

Edit: Don’t you hate it when you forget to save the replay after a great race?

Haha I saved it and I’ll upload it on my YouTube channel later today! I’ll put it in my previous post. It’s already on my GTS feed (qwbufp). I save everything in case I need to review an incident or simply contemplate GT Sport’s amazing graphics engine.

i would say the best thing we can do is to boycott their Sportmode ... Daily is simply unused anymore from the most of the A/S drivers to not get panished by the wreckfest and the well working painalty system...

After Topsplits get disconnected, the painalty system alows wreckers to crash to other car (and the other crashed car get the penalty), their fia **** will sink like the titanic..but nobody will care... not even their bombing of 2 "competitiv championship races per day punishment" will help that we have to drive so much till the point we get disconnected after the quali...

edit: there must be a reason why every second post in the gts forum complains about there sportmode, painalty system and their server performance, all of them seems to be not up to date.

Yamagiwa was a very solid race up until the end.I had a good pace overal, I let some people pass and I managed to gain 4 positions in a quite challenging field. I however messed up on the very last corner and went wide. Lost all positions I had gained up to that point. Was so angry that I had to cool down in the shower afterwards. :ouch:

Dragons Trail was the usual race: started 4th, got pushed in one of the later corners by overly aggressive drivers that tried to overtake in every single corner. I got pushed 3 times in total and as soon as I gained a couple of positions I lost them right afterwards. Jumped back and forth between 12th and 7th position. Ended on 7th position by some luck; a Porsche driver decided to ram two people in front of me and they all went off track.

I'm so sick of losing time on straights by the way. My cornering is almost perfect on some tracks but even so I always tend to lose the time gained on the straights. I think TC3 might be affecting this also, as it severely hurts the exiting speeds. Have to practice more with it off.

Use TCS 2. It’s the best compromise. It doesn’t kill your speed that much. I use TCS 1-2 in most race cars and 0-1 in road cars.

21.Nov.2017: This one was a bit boring. Qualified 16th. All cars in front of me exept the Polesetter was within 0,5sec.
And the Race was the same. I finished 13th after overtaking 4 outspinning or overshooting cars and getting overtaken back by a rude Ferrari driver. The rest of the race was totally even and noone did a bad mistake to give anybody a chance.
We just did the race without any interesting situations ^^. earned only 3xx points. Could have been a lot better when my qualy time was 0,5 sec faster. Was totally possible from the times i had in training.
All 20 cars finished the race very close together :). Alsace Village has not much corners to make big mistakes.

I had a very mixed bag at Alsace last night.
Started very well, qualified 3rd (having been on provisional pole until the last few seconds!) dude in second had an off early on the first lap promoting me to 2nd, then I closed down the guy in first who had a very scrappy first couple of laps, I got past him. Never did pull away though even though I got the fastest lap on the 3rd lap. He got his act together and I was fairly inconsistent so he got back past me, clean and fair. The other dude who had been second at the start though was clearly hooking up a series of fast laps as he closed me down by the 6th lap and got past. All well and good I'll settle for 3rd I thought.
Until I had a last lap shocker, touched the grass coming out of turn 3, managed not to spin but had to back off massively. Got passed. Caught up to the dude now in 3rd no problem but could not get past, he was weaving about all over the place, in a real race he'd have been given a penalty. But ho hum, we know GTsport's penalty system only punishes clean drivers. So I had to settle for 4th.

Back