Tell us about your Nations and Manufacturers race

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 427 comments
Both races bugged for me, opponents would just stand still on the rolling start positions. Not a good impression since it completely ruined both races.

Thank you for creating this thread.
So, we started the qualify and with my 4C I set the FL and obviously started first for the Nations Cup.
So good to be true right?:lol:
Exactly. After the first corners I had 0.700 difference with the 2nd. I approached the zig-zag at Kyoto and braked.
And... I didn't had time to do anything more, as a mother:censored: intentionally hit me from behind resulting in a spin and leading me out of the track.
Everyone was overtaking me and I managed to finish 10th..:banghead: (I have to say that I cursed him a lot)

21:15
PD: Oh look he is leading the race
21:16
PD: Oh someone just pushed him out of the way and now his race is ruined. Let's give him also a couple of seconds of penalty to ensure his loss.

I will upload this video today just to proove the PDs "fair system" and why some people deserve a big penalty in online racing. Either a ban or a penalty so they are unable to play in Sport for the next X days.

Only did manufacturers cup as was to tired to do both, finished second with only one bump in the race and one in qauly, got 608 points, overall happy with the system, although I wish at the end they show the whole podium not just the winner

Managed to catch the last race of the manufacturer cup at 22.10 and signed for Mercedes, only managed one flyer in quali and it was poor, my second flyer was going great until quali then suddenly ended just before 130r and my hopes of a good time / position for the race were dashed! I liked the idea of a populated track for Qualifying but one flying lap was a bit harsh. Ten or fifteen minutes would have been better.
Anyway, I started 11th and finished 7th, first two laps were a game of pinball / dodgems but once we got into the race properly it was good. Had a great race with a Citroen GT who was right up my chuff for the bulk of the race til the pressure got to me and I put a wheel on the grass and spun. Great stuff, looking forward to the next one.

Just finished round 2 of the Nations Cup. (Blue moon bay)

Qualified for 6th on the grid, got smashed into the way twice in the first 2 laps and dropped to 9th. Clawed my way back to 1st by lap 15 and had to play defense for the rest of race and finished in 1st place.

Started the race with DR B/SR C. After 25laps of getting nudged, cornered, bumped, walled, and rear ended i'm now at DR D / SR E.

Sadly this game penalises clean racers more so than dirty ones.

Just finished round 2 of the Nations Cup. (Blue moon bay)

Qualified for 6th on the grid, got smashed into the way twice in the first 2 laps and dropped to 9th. Clawed my way back to 1st by lap 15 and had to play defense for the rest of race and finished in 1st place.

Started the race with DR B/SR C. After 25laps of getting nudged, cornered, bumped, walled, and rear ended i'm now at DR D / SR E.

Sadly this game penalises clean racers more so than dirty ones.
This is definitely one race i'm not going to take part in.....it is bound to be a crash fest and not worth the trouble

Great experience for me in both the FIA Nations Cup, and the FIA Manufacturers Cup, to a point where it was better than expected. I entered the Nations Cup first, and was glad to see they had changed the layout of Kyoto to the Yamagiwa layout. I choosed Nissan as manufacturer. I was really surprised by the new loading screen for matching, that looks good. My main priority and motivation was not to win, but to do my best, and stay out of contact, and to be clean. I think I only got one shot in qualifying, because of how it is structured, but anyway not that bad. I qualified #16. I like the start of the race, the presentation of each car on the grid. The race itself was a great experience, all where really very careful and very clean, I had someone right behind me, I gave him room, and let him pass me without contact, and was happy with that, it was in the opening laps, then I was consistent and good room both in front and behind me, so I could just focus with my own driving, and the things ahead of me. I got down to 18 place, but some dirty maneuvers in front and some did some mistakes, I ended the race in 15th position. My SR went from B to A, and I got 140 points.

Then I entered the FIA Manufacturers Cup next, and with the same impression, the loading screen was different. I did better in this one on the lovely Suzuka, and had again only one fast qualifying lap, I sacrificed the last section of the track to get more free space ahead of me, and was able to qualify 8. Again the opening was great, I managed to be in my position, and stayed out of trouble, I just focused on my own race, letting cars pass me, only one, then about half way into the race things happened in front and I got in 6th position for a few laps, then up to 5th that lasted till the final lap, going into the last chicane, the car that I have had in front of me, spun in the middle of the chicane, and I could finish in 4th place. The great result rewarded me with SR S, and I got 580 points. World Ranking 298 th. Manufacturer Ranking 36 th.
Overall a great thing PD have created, and I'm proud to be part of it. Looking forward to the second round today. Cheers.:cheers:👍👍

I loved the first experience! I didn't have that much pulse since...idk, ever!?

But some people just can't drive fair or know in the slightest how to overtake clean. Guess thats all NFS and drive clubs fault. People that come from games like this just don't know it better, I guess :rolleyes::lol:

But I joined the two races as DR-C and SW-C and came out with DR-B and SW-A. So its save to say, I did drive as fair as possible and gained lots of positions.
First race with a Scirocco, started at 9 and ended up 3rd. Gave me around 313 points.
Second race as Porsche, started 3rd ended up 4th (thanks to some aggressive spanish guy who pushed me off 2 times). But still made 435 Points (No Idea if thats good or not)

But the overall experience was great so far. Even though I would like to see garage/custom cars for the manufacture series and tuning, tire wear and fuel consumption.
Also, whats up with the Gr1 cars? Where are the races for them?

Last edited:
Loving the FIA Cups.

Huge Potential.

First race at Kyoto. Qualified Second and DC at Lap 8 while leading by 2 secs.

Second race at Suzuka, got pole and won as well. Excellent stuff. Hands shaking at last lap :P

Got only 23 Points for the win. Unfair i think. Don't understand the logic. If its DR related then also its unfair. You can't expect everyone to give so much time on the game. For working guys like us,its difficult to get that DR up. I m still at D.

PD should change this.

I've seen few comments like this and you guys can't be serious, right? You expect to get as much points as someone who is way better than you are. It takes only few high placed races in Sport mode to jump to C and few more for B if you are truly good. I watched your replay and you were getting 2:06 or 2:07 at Suzuka as a 1st, while I was getting better times in C DR as a 15th(!).

In the national cup, my race was glitched, with all the cars stationary and in formation before the start. I wasn't sure if it started so I set off and weaved through the field. The cars remained stuck for the duration of the race and they were quite tricky to navigate at speed, as they blocked the exit of the chicane and the final corner hairpin. I could see the fastest lap counter change, so I guessed the game was still running the race. On my last lap the the race finished just before I got to the line and I was awarded a 10th place. It didn't surprise me as my lap time were really bad due to navigating the parked cars.

Started the my first Nations cup race in the Viper Gr.4 at Yamigawa and qualified 2nd. Race started and I settled into a groove. 3 laps in the leader spins out of t1 giving me the lead. Got caught within a lap by an NSX that started 4th or 5th. Ran most of the race with a 1 or so second gap. With 3 laps to go I over cooked it into the chicane and almost lost the lead heading into the following hairpin. But I hung on and got my first win! But I forgot to save the replay, and apparently the PS4 share feature doesn't record for more than 15 minutes, so I only have the first 8 laps of the race. :banghead:
Really liked that bit on the pit wall on the last lap where all the crews were waving flags and cheering as I went by.

You can set your PS4 to record the last 60 minutes, thanks to a recent update!

At Suzuka I was comfortably in 3rd and watched an incredible fight for first damn near the whole race. It was pretty awesome. I ended up 3rd in the RSR and really enjoyed both races.

My impression is that some people are taking this too seriously, I've noticed some kind of different behavior in those races in comparison with normal Sport mode races. I don't know, maybe the fact that this is the first "official" event after 3 weeks of playing the game on a daily basis gets people pumped up, maybe the fact that you're "officially" representing your country/manufacturer, cool presentation, FIA logos and whatnot. Or perhaps the fact that you only have one shot at said race and there are points at stake. Despite racing only with SR A or S people, I've noticed way less patience from some players when battling for positions. Only 2 races, so a very small sample, but in both of them I've been the last car of a relatively big group of cars fighting each other in the middle of the pack, so the perfect point of view to watch what was happening ahead. In the Kyoto event a couple of questionable moves were enough to cause complete chaos. We all know how it goes: a crash in front of you, you're following closely and can't avoid contact: penalty, damage, negative SR and so on. The guy following you manages to avoid a crash but inadvertently steers into the other player close to him which doesn't realize what is going on and thinks it was on purpose and wants payback...the thing goes on involving everybody in that group, everybody gets mad and the race turns into a destruction derby. That's the usual, random racing game online lobby, except for the fact that I haven't experienced this during the daily GR4 races in sport mode. Contacts happen, there's always that dirty driver, but it never ends up ruining the race for everyone behind. But those are "official" races so apparently everybody is eager to show how fast he is no matter what.
I think that's also due to the fact that it's really hard to have a clean qualifying lap, so I guess everybody starts the race thinking "my qualifying lap was nowhere near what I can really do, so I have to get rid of this slow group ahead and show what I can actually do", not realizing that probably only 3 or 4 people have been lucky/smart enough to have a clean lap in qualifying, so everybody is in the same situation. Some fast guys at the back, some slower drivers at the front. Again, nothing new in the world of racing games.
I'm not blaming the game just because I had a couple of bad races. The concept of the whole thing is simple but interesting at the same time, the presentation and those small cut scenes before and after the race are cool and immersive. Good fun racing is players' responsibility, not the game.

I wish there was more parity in the matching. I'm DR D and SR S and was matched with a a bunch of B/S drivers I really would like to be matched with drivers mot on my driver lvl

Edit: at least that's what I was hoping for weigh these championships.

Last edited:
Had a great laugh last night in these Cups.

Nations Cup in the Atenza, qualified 12th (?) made my up to 6th by lap 4/5, then punted off at the chicane, back down to 12th. No matter, carry on.

Fighting with 10th place into the last corner, get punted from behind. Gutted. Fair play where it's due, he let me back past before the line, costing him my place and the guy behind.. 11th at the flag.

The race results didn't equate to the smile on my face. Fantastic fun, even with the bumping.

Manufacturers Cup with the Porsche. First time driving a Porsche in GT so not sure how it would go. 5th in quali, nice. Great start fighting with 2nd 3rd and 4th into the hairpin, then punted off into the gravel by a 4c. Gutted it happened again. Sod it. Onwards.

Excellent fight back up to 5th by the line. Only 8 or so seconds behind the winner in the end, so very happy with that.

Such an absolute blast. These FIA races were definitely closer than the sport races, most people within 5 or so seconds of each other rather than a country mile.

I'm a DR:- D SR:- S.

Extremely enjoyed the racing even with the punts.

Roll on Interlagos this evening. Not fussed about Blue Moon other than taking part, the result will be whatever it is.

Last edited:
I had a solid couple races. Very tight good solid clean races. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the times for the races. I live in Windsor Ontario so the races didn't even start until 10pm. Which sucks because I work midnights and if the races during the week are the same time I'll miss alot of them. So hopefully they adjust the time frame for some of these. But I had a blast. Loved the introduction before the race that was pretty sweet. Goodluck everyone add me to PSN if you like. Notes2828

First race in manufacturers cup at Kyoto was going great until I got disconnected for some reason. Had a perfect race going with qualifying first, fastest lap, and leading by nearly 4 or 5 seconds with two to go. @Windfire1010 and @hellZfirE were running pretty consistent behind me though so I couldn’t make any mistakes. No clue what happened but I guess I was the only one to get disconnected. PSN didn’t disconnect or anything but popped the following error message.

What is frustrating is that it gave me zero points and wouldn’t let me re-enter another time after it disconnected even though it wasn’t a failure on my end. Hopefully that’s an issue they will solve soon.

Second race went great at Suzuka with a win and no internet/server issues but someone in the room did get disconnected in qualifying who seemed to have the same issue I had in the previous race.

Attachments

• 42E5EEEF-5555-4423-9BDE-26528196DAFF.jpeg
    42E5EEEF-5555-4423-9BDE-26528196DAFF.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 21
I started with the nations cup race, got pole position in a Citroen with a time of 1:44.2. I did a good job of defending my lead up until lap 3, when I got rear ended twice. First time was into the hard left-right-left curves by a Viper driver, wasn't too bad of a shunt and I kept the lead. Second time was into the tight left-hander by the same Viper driver, and we both hit the wall. Looking back at the replay there was an NSX driver who lagged into the Viper, causing him to crash into me. We both quickly managed to get back on track, but I came off worse, as the Viper dropped down to 3rd, while I dropped down to 4th, 2 seconds behind the Viper. I shook off the frustration and focused on making up time.

On lap 5, the Viper driver fought a successful battle with the second place driver in a Corvette, making the move into the second long left-hander. Unfortunately, he clipped the grass on exit, and he swerved left and right until he ended up hitting the left wall. I overtook him into the following hard left-right-left curves. The Viper ended up dropping down to 5th due to engine damage. Not much happened after that; I continued to slowly but surely catch up to the NSX, who had dropped to 2nd after being overtaken by the Corvette. By the final lap, I was only one second behind the NSX, who was only one second behind the Corvette. The Corvette braked to late into the hard left-right-left, and cut the right curve. This must have given him a penalty, as he slowed down into the tight left-hander, giving 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, to the NSX, myself, and the Viper, respectively. The NSX would win the race, myself less than half a second behind him over the line. An annoying loss, but still a pretty good race nonetheless, and 650 points in the nations bag.

Was going to do a manufacturer's cup race at midnight (racing for Ford), but I disconnected halfway through qualifying, and decided to abandon the round altogether, as I found that I was not competetive around Suzuka in this game.

@GumballCGT Yep, that was me. Unfortunate, but not really bothered by it. :)

How do we save these race replays? I can see the option in arcade races but not online ones. I know about the SHARE button option, is that the only option?

Cheers in advance

At the end of the race after you back out of the results screen, at the very top there is little tab that says race replay. Bring your cursor to that and click on it.

I ran the manufacturers cup first. I qualified 2nd in my vette. Not much battling, just first few laps. The leader checked out and I had around an 8 sec gap over 3rd.

The nations cup, I drove the Audi TT. I never got any good qualifying laps, started 10th. Moved up to 7th and had a long battle with the GTR in 6th. The door opened so I made my move, around halfway. She turned into me, but I pulled ahead. The next lap she got inside of me and forced me outside. I dropped a tire and she slammed into me. Now, I had an 8 sec penalty! I did get a major gap tho. Each lap I burned off 2 secs of my penalty. Then here she comes, barreling into the chicane. Slams me into the wall again! This time tho, no penalty. But, she passed me. I finished 7th. Because of her 21 sec penalties at the end, she finished 10th.

I wish they would change the times to earlier tho. I can do 10pm 2 days a week. But, the rest of the week? I gotta go to bed and work. I have a job and family.

Last edited:
Had a great laugh last night in these Cups.

Nations Cup in the Atenza, qualified 12th (?) made my up to 6th by lap 4/5, then punted off at the chicane, back down to 12th. No matter, carry on.

Fighting with 10th place into the last corner, get punted from behind. Gutted. Fair play where it's due, he let me back past before the line, costing him my place and the guy behind.. 11th at the flag.

The race results didn't equate to the smile on my face. Fantastic fun, even with the bumping.

Manufacturers Cup with the Porsche. First time driving a Porsche in GT so not sure how it would go. 5th in quali, nice. Great start fighting with 2nd 3rd and 4th into the hairpin, then punted off into the gravel by a 4c. Gutted it happened again. Sod it. Onwards.

Excellent fight back up to 5th by the line. Only 8 or so seconds behind the winner in the end, so very happy with that.

Such an absolute blast. These FIA races were definitely closer than the sport races, most people within 5 or so seconds of each other rather than a country mile.

I'm a DR:- D SR:- S.

Extremely enjoyed the racing even with the punts.

Roll on Interlagos this evening. Not fussed about Blue Moon other than taking part, the result will be whatever it is.

There aren't enough players with D/S rating. Don't grind SR rating while sitting in the last place, then you get placed with better drivers who got their rating while driving great AND being clean. Then you just get in the way of people who are fast and clean.

I entered both events and the speed and sportsmanship was on par with regular daily races with the exception of race etiquette from those recovering from mistakes. Good experience considering it was our first look at how PD structured the event, but improvements are needed in many areas to elevate the FIA events beyond daily races.

One simple alteration that comes to mind is the qualification. I'm fine with everyone getting on track simultaneously, but given that each round has a 1 hour session time, why not run the quali a bit longer? Say 12 -15 minutes?

PD could implement this immediately and make better use of the 1 hour session block. This would give drivers a better chance to find a clear track and establish a realistic pace.

1800 - 1810 Registration/matchmaking/warmup (10 min)
1810 - 1825 Qualification (15 min)
1825 - 1830 Qualification results/Driver introduction (5 min)
1830 - 1855 Race (25 min)
1855 - 1900 Race results (5 min)

I had great races in both FIA races last night.

I’m currently DR/C - SR/S. Qualifying in both was a disaster. In the Nations cup qualifying I got stuck behind two players who must have been lagging. They were disappearing and reappearing all over the track. This combined with the fact I was driving a car (Gr.4 Ferrari) that I just bought. I ended up in the 20th spot. I made it up to the 13th spot by the middle of the last lap but went wide on one of full throttle S’s and lost 2 spots and finished 15th. Not disappointed because I was one of only 3 DR/C’s in the field. Every one else was A or B.

The Manufacturers race was probably the best race I’ve had so far. I was the only Mercedes driver in the field and once again qualifying was a train wreck. I was behind the only other DR/C guy and he was driving like it was the actual race. I was faster but he just didn’t want me to get by. Ended up hurting both our times and I was once again in 20th position to start with him right in front of me in 19th.

Being a 10 lap race I just concentrated on being clean. It paid off. A lot of really tight racing and managed climb all the way up to 10th where I finished. Saved the replay on this one. Now I need to figure out how to share to Youtube.

Was keen to try this hoping PD might actually let us tune our cars (this being a racing simulator after all), turns out no. Then notice that for anyone in New Zealand the races don't start until 10pm so that counts most of us out, absolutely no reason they couldn't add some earlier sessions but more shortsighted BS from PD.

It's a shame as I loved this game 2 weeks ago but the lack of weekly races, no tuning, and now inability to enter championships without having to be a zombie at work the next day are changing that very quickly.

Manufacturer race at Interlagos, it was fun until the disconnection. I was in the top 3, and at the 6th lap, disconnection. I guess it's my connection and not something related to GTSport servers. My connection seems to suffer of "micro"-disconnection...

Just finished my race.
Qualified 6th, unfortunately I take T1 very badly and enough up spinning, and last. I make my way to P15 and, at the last lap, this genius rams me out of the race. I'm furious and the game didn't even punish him!

Last edited by a moderator:
So i just joined the nations cup, got disconnected, restarted my game to see that i've lost 90.000 credits & my DR went from B to mid C :( oh & i saved it before i quit!

Back