Tell us about your Nations and Manufacturers race

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 427 comments
Just finished round 2 of the Nations Cup. (Blue moon bay)

Qualified for 6th on the grid, got smashed into the way twice in the first 2 laps and dropped to 9th. Clawed my way back to 1st by lap 15 and had to play defense for the rest of race and finished in 1st place.

Started the race with DR B/SR C. After 25laps of getting nudged, cornered, bumped, walled, and rear ended i'm now at DR D / SR E.

Sadly this game penalises clean racers more so than dirty ones.
I feel your pain, I had a clean race and was only in 8th position but got nuked by a car spinning out to the left bouncing off the wall and rocketing across the track to the right and took me out, I went from DR B to less than half DR C

Just finished today's Nation cup race.
After getting a huge slipstream in qualifying I was on pole. To my surprise, I was able to mostly keep that lead until lap 15-16, when two cars got me. Then I had to use the inside line on turn 1 and got on the banking, nearly spun and was p5 or 6. Thanks to the slipstream I was able to get back to P1 in lap 24. After some slipstream overtaking and some mistakes of the others, I was able to finish 1st and got 948 points for it. Hard, lucky, but fun!

There aren't enough players with D/S rating. Don't grind SR rating while sitting in the last place, then you get placed with better drivers who got their rating while driving great AND being clean. Then you just get in the way of people who are fast and clean.

No sandbags in my car fella, I might not be too aggressive with the overtaking, but I certainly don't cruise around at the back by any stretch of the imagination.

Lap 24? My races are 10 laps ... No wonder why some have so many points then.

My first FIA race yesterday was a Nations Cup race. Qualified 3rd and the three of us had consistency to get a decent gap down to 4th and down. Race was clean for the three of us, but it might have been boring to look at, because we were driving after each other almost all 10 laps. Second to last turn though, the two in front clashed together and I was able to get in front one turn before the finish line. Lesson learned: never give up! Got clean race bonus and 388 points.

Today I chose the Manufacturer Series and qualified in pole position. I had to have a defensive driving style in Brazil, because the Corvette behind me were faster on the straights. In the first turn of the S-bends the Corvette tried to get past me, but I outbraked him. Next lap he pulled the same move, but this time his speed was too high. He got in front of me, but two turns later he got his rear tyre outside the curb and lost traction. I got in front again! Kept that position the rest of the race, but it was close down to 2nd (the guy was 3rd before the Corvette spun out). He was 5 seconds behind me. Got clean race bonus again, but this time 387 points. I don't understand the point system ...

One question I have after the races: what's the point with liveries on the helmet and drivers suit? In Nations Cup you automatically get the colours of your flag (however your car gets the personalized livery), and in Manufacturer Series you get the colour of the car on your helmet and suit. Is it a bug, or is the livery editor just for fun?

I did the manufacture race first. Couldn’t get a good Q lap in. Practice I was able to get 2:01.586. I Q’d 16th and it started me in the sharp left handed so I spun. By time I was on track and starting I was 28 seconds behind leader and 10 or so behind 19th. Made my way up to 12th and on the last corner and last lap is Diconnected me and I received 0 points.

Nations cup was crazy. Q’d 9th and was bumped a couple times by the same player. I bumped him in the S’s as I was spinning and on lap 8 he rammed me intentially on the right then left handed before he last corner.

I like the format. I don’t like that you’re racing people who may not give a care about hitting or ramming

I’ll give it one more race to see if it’s better

DN5XT0ZXkAIZ7Nt.jpg

I'm proud of my conflict avoiding abilities, felt like Moses for the entire race :D

I was just ending qualifying for the manufactures cup and it hit daylight savings time and kicked me from the race only to not be able to come back and then the races got updated to today’s... I’m fairly certain all who raced the last race got kicked. Maybe it was only for the eastern states?

I did the manufacture race first. Couldn’t get a good Q lap in. Practice I was able to get 2:01.586. I Q’d 16th and it started me in the sharp left handed so I spun. By time I was on track and starting I was 28 seconds behind leader and 10 or so behind 19th. Made my way up to 12th and on the last corner and last lap is Diconnected me and I received 0 points.

Nations cup was crazy. Q’d 9th and was bumped a couple times by the same player. I bumped him in the S’s as I was spinning and on lap 8 he rammed me intentially on the right then left handed before he last corner.

I like the format. I don’t like that you’re racing people who may not give a care about hitting or ramming

I’ll give it one more race to see if it’s better
I feel your pain on the ramming man. I was being so clean the whole time put kept getting punted by people making bad passing decisions that I knew were gonna be bad but just couldn’t get out of the way in time for. I still had fun even if I should have ended in a much higher position. I also haven’t done many online events to get my rating up which I guess is my fault that I was in a bracket with people who can’t race.

I can say I am having a blast, even the race on Nations and Manufacturer Cup day 1 seems strange. The race info saying there is no tyre wear but I feels like there IS a tyre wear. Near last lap my car become difficult to control.

Day 2 race (yesterday in my time) was the correct one. The car is stable from beginning until the end of the race.

Anyway guys can you explain why I am getting 10 sec penalty here? > I am seriously mad about this.

Manufacturers Race was a pain for me.
The Ferrari and me were too slow at Interlagos, qualifying at P16. In the first lap I gained some positions and was around P10, surrounded by French people. (I apologize to everyone from France reading this).
They were blocking, ramming and pretty much completely unaware of their surroundings. They slowed me down around 2secs each lap basically by diving to the inside line without any real chance of success or bumping me a bit from behind - the same image I know from French players for the last 10 years. I was only able to get rid of them in lap 8. I was able to distance them and got close to P9, but it was simply too late. Didn't get many points, either. A race to forget

Anyway guys can you explain why I am getting 10 sec penalty here? > I am seriously mad about this.

You closed the door way too late, so the penalty is not wrong. Maybe a bit too much but not wrong.

Last edited:
A bit harsh punishment and difficult to see from bumper cam, but it was because you changed lane directly into him. You are allowed to change lane once, but not so late that you hit the guy behind you.

Was in 5th place at Interlagos last night on lap 4 and a guy blocked me all the way down the main straight, swerving side to side 4 or 5 times... couldnt help but tap him when he hit the brakes and he ran a bit wide...

then he chased me for the next couple of laps and punted me off hard on the last corner of lap 6. Lost 5 positions. Couldnt catch back up.

Dirty dirty cheap bugger.

Nations Cup: Qualified 2nd. Moved into 1st halfway through race. Got sandwiched, spun, finished 18th because I got an 8 second penalty for doing nothing wrong.
I've also lost my S rating because other drivers were bumping me.
Not pleased

Just did the Manufacturers Cup. Started 12th and finished 13th. Lap was disallowed which was good enough for 4th. Race was a bit of a mess. Still kept my A SR though with few incidents somehow. Guy in a Mclaren hit me a few times...

I did the Manufacturers Cup for Porche and qualified 15th (pretty happy because I've never driven on Interlagos). I got up to 10th but then spun out twice over 2 laps trying to be too aggresive out of corners chasing those damn Ferraris. Still a fun time and I learnt a lot. I think I ended up with 18 points haha.

Had two fantastic races tonight where I was on the edge of my seat. Almost felt like a proper exercise. :)

My nations race was incredibly intense where I traveled with 4-5 cars for the entirety of the race. One of the drivers acted quite badly and managed to push a couple of people to get through. He and a couple of others overtook me on the 24:th lap but on the final lap I managed to gather really good exit speed at the first corner so I cruised past them all. I'm crap at driving on oval tracks so my qualifying and starting position was very poor. I think I started at 17th position, but I gave it my all and ended up on 6:th position. Very satisfied with that result.

My manufacturers race was less intense and didn't include as much drama. I qualified 4th and managed to overtake the third car on the first lap. He became victim to some troubling drivers in the mid pack which let me secure a gap of about 6 or 7 seconds. I drove very consistent from there on and was focused on catching the leading cars. I was only a couple of seconds behind them at the most, and I managed to get close with by setting the fastest lap time in the race, but it wasn't enough. I had very little experience with Interlagos prior to this race so I didn't dare to brake late or use alternative lines. I think I lost most of my time on the last couple of corners. But I drove well overall and I managed to stay at third place. So far my only podium finish in the cups. :)

Nations Cup race was fun. Was in the same race as @Furinkazen but we never got near each other really. Had no slipstream in Q and got 10th-15th. Worked with a guy to work through the order and got 4th with my slipstream buddy in 5th.

I'm not sure people understand how you should race an oval when you're sitting mid pack... Everyone is going side by side where as they should work as a team to catch the next pack... Did nobody play the Nascar arcade flash game :D? I did do 14th to 5th at the Oval with some help from a couple who knew what to do, others hindered the catch up to the pack battling for the podium :(!

Nations Cup race was fun. Was in the same race as @Furinkazen but we never got near each other really. Had no slipstream in Q and got 10th-15th. Worked with a guy to work through the order and got 4th with my slipstream buddy in 5th.
Oh which one were you?

I was full dealing with idiots in VGT's, who didn't know how to bump draft.

Hi! Time to share my (little) experience about the FIA mode (manufacturer and nations). IMO, it's a good mix of serious racing and fun, as long as your opponents are fair-play. I really like the qualifying system, that we all have 8 mins to do a time. Sadly, this mode could be better if not everyone was that close at the beginning. But overall, the races are really enjoyable and long enough.

The biggest fights I've had was in Kyoto and Blue Moon (Nations Cup). In Kyoto it was really fair-play since the guy behind me (I don't remember his name) was using his headlights to prevent me from an attack, which was really enjoyable. I started and finished 3rd with 1182 points. On Blue Moon, with the NASCAR-like race, I've fallen down to 10th position (starting from pole position) and I made my way through to 3rd place (1287 points), an unexpected result. I tried to avoid every contact during that race, but it was too hard, at least I didn't make someone spin or something which is an achievement in that kind of race. :boggled:

On the other hand, the races in Manufacturer Cup were much calmer since it was basically Pole Position and win, and it's even more stressful when you know that if you lose the race, it's your only fault. At least, I've won much points (1477 and 1433 points). :bowdown:

On a sad note, I feel like a good part of drivers are using the "counter-steering assistance". I don't know if it helps, but it's not something I really like.

In few words (IMO again), this FIA mode is like the daily races with faster drivers, rankings, and faster drivers, I like it :D.

Hi! Time to share my (little) experience about the FIA mode (manufacturer and nations). IMO, it's a good mix of serious racing and fun, as long as your opponents are fair-play. I really like the qualifying system, that we all have 8 mins to do a time. Sadly, this mode could be better if not everyone was that close at the beginning. But overall, the races are really enjoyable and long enough.

The biggest fights I've had was in Kyoto and Blue Moon (Nations Cup). In Kyoto it was really fair-play since the guy behind me (I don't remember his name) was using his headlights to prevent me from an attack, which was really enjoyable. I started and finished 3rd with 1182 points. On Blue Moon, with the NASCAR-like race, I've fallen down to 10th position (starting from pole position) and I made my way through to 3rd place (1287 points), an unexpected result. I tried to avoid every contact during that race, but it was too hard, at least I didn't make someone spin or something which is an achievement in that kind of race. :boggled:

On the other hand, the races in Manufacturer Cup were much calmer since it was basically Pole Position and win, and it's even more stressful when you know that if you lose the race, it's your only fault. At least, I've won much points (1477 and 1433 points). :bowdown:

On a sad note, I feel like a good part of drivers are using the "counter-steering assistance". I don't know if it helps, but it's not something I really like.

In few words (IMO again), this FIA mode is like the daily races with faster drivers, rankings, and faster drivers, I like it :D.

Thanks for the slipstream teamwork at the beginning of the race. I was disappointed to notice that you beat me to pole position at the end of qualifying haha. That was a great race, but some moves by other drivers were questionable

So it's the best three races that determine your ranking? not every race?

I only got to one of the Manufacturers races last night (busy weekend) - qualified mid field (11th) in the Mustang. in a B/B ranked race I found it a demolition derby tbh, racing was close but just ended up in a race with peeps who were happy to bump and grind - hung back after getting punted to 16th then just worked my way past those peeps that made mistakes and went off track.

I'm not sure people understand how you should race an oval when you're sitting mid pack... Everyone is going side by side where as they should work as a team to catch the next pack... Did nobody play the Nascar arcade flash game :D? I did do 14th to 5th at the Oval with some help from a couple who knew what to do, others hindered the catch up to the pack battling for the podium :(!

Or the nascar challenges in gt6 (i think)

Thanks for the slipstream teamwork at the beginning of the race. I was disappointed to notice that you beat me to pole position at the end of qualifying haha. That was a great race, but some moves by other drivers were questionable

So it's the best three races that determine your ranking? not every race?

I didn't think I would take the pole to be honest, since I'm not used to drive on an oval. I'm glad you noticed it, sadly, even with that teamwork, everyone came back and it was a big and sometimes, questionable fight as you mentioned.

As @Kinna39 said, I think the best 3 races counts. (So I can not race during my birthday next thursday :D)

Well, it's up to you when you start the qualifying. On the speedway, I chose to get out of the pits last so I don't have any pressure from behind, and after some laps I got into the slipstream which got me to P1.

Back