Tell Us How Do You Drift? (Set The Mood)

• Thread starter harveybird
  • 71 comments
United States
Tacoma, Wa
Harvey253Birdman/DRIFT-ARTZ_ARROW
Tell us.. How do you drift!
I like making the game as real as, possible with what I have.

What camera view to you use?
Do you use a wheel?
Assists on?
Music? Genre?
Headphones? Surround Sound?

I drift with the race display off in cockpit view of car, all assists off.. especially driving line! (so much more fun, awesome with a night track like r246)
Throw some turtle beaches on turn it up, get some nice house music goin

I use a controller sadly :/

Last edited:
All assists off including abs, no driving line on a G25 wheel using bonnet cam where you can see the bonnet.

I love Suzuka East when packed, feels like a matsuri at Ebisu, minus the Ebisu.

Oh, and I drift on comfort hards.

*waits for tire debate to start* :sly:

LittleZippyUK
All assists off including abs, no driving line on a G25 wheel.

I love Suzuka East when packed, feels like a matsuri at Ebisu, minus the Ebisu.

Oh, and I drift on comfort hards.

*waits for tire debate to start* :sly:

it has begun.
i like comf hards the most :)

Not a lesson on how you drift but..
How do you drift?
I like makin the game as real as possible with what I have :P

Do you use a wheel?
Driving line on?

I drift with the race display off in cockpit view of car, all assists off.. especially driving line! (so much more fun, awesome with a night track like r246)
Throw some turtle beaches on turn it up, get some nice house music goin

I use a controller sadly :/

Realistic drifting is what I like.
I use the bonnet ('hood') camera and a Logitech G27 Racing Wheel.
I have never used driving line and love to drift Spa Francorchamps Circuit.
Comfort Hards and every assist off besides ABS (1)

Last edited:
- All assists OFF, except ABS (1). Driving lines is optional for custom tracks.
- Turning Speed 5.
- DS3, but i dont use the analogs for turning. D-Pad oldschool FTW.
- Bonnet camera for tunning, 3rd person (chase) for tandem. I like to have a 360 view of my car.
- I research all kind of good custom tracks, simply because i can´t stand the original tracks anymore. And the group pratices gets more biased when less people knows the track with eyes blinded.
- Favorite car? I don´t have. After almost 2 years, i still looking for it.
- CH tires, this is not an option.

I am really bad at drifting anything on street BUT the Tank Car. I have all the assists off, I haven't determined what kind of tires that work best with it. In Tsuakuba I can nail the last corner 81% of the time.
I use the controller because my steering wheels pedals are like binary; either on or off.
Off-raod however, I instantly improve overall with pretty much everything. I don't become the best at it, but I get pretty good at. My guess is because of how easy it is to slide to begin with.
I also use the Tank Car to prove that it isn't always used for trolling. I remember I was on Tsuakuba with 12 others. I ghosted every time I went off to let others go by.
So yeah, I guess my favorite car to drift in is the tank car.

k

sounds like great fun!
have you tries out the toscana tarmac track?
set section diff to 10 and #of sections 3

my fav drift course now :) esp cus thete change causes the cars smoke to illuminate with different reds and blues

tank car? xD ive only seen one person use it and they were blocking the whole road!

k

sounds like great fun!
have you tries out the toscana tarmac track?
set section diff to 10 and #of sections 3

my fav drift course now :) esp cus thete change causes the cars smoke to illuminate with different reds and blues

tank car? xD ive only seen one person use it and they were blocking the whole road!

I've used it many times, for different purposes. (including drifting). The host of the drift room I was in said I had to switch out if anyone complained. No one did. Just shows you, you don't have to be a troll to use a Tank Car.

Efini Rx7 on a DFGT with a minus 2 steering sensitivity. (FFB on 10)
Comf hards, at 450 hp :)
No driving assists, not even ABS. Listening to my own music from the stereo :D

Ds3-old school GT set up I nvr use analog sticks. No assist. ABS on or off don't really matter.
HKS Drifting controller -same as above. -2 sensitivity.

DS3 Default layout but with right stick down for handbrake and d-pad for on-track assist options
ABS 1 usually but sometimes 0
-1 sensitivity for steering
3rd person view most of the time but in car view for low hp thrashers
No music while drifting
Sound from TV speakers

This is the current way I drift but it can change over time

I drift with a dfgt
Use roof view
Use comfort hards
And I listen to some of my rock musics
And use absolutely nothing except for abs which you need if you want to do a double drift with a stock car or drift car and steering sensitivity in 7

What??? that's crazy, do you also use X to accelerate?

Bingo. By the way, both d-pad and buttons have 3 levels of pressure sensivity. Like if i care about it when i drift, hahaha.

Besides i can drift using rear triggers and analog stick, i just don´t do it because i feel like its not my league.

Bingo. By the way, both d-pad and buttons have 3 levels of pressure sensivity. Like if i care about it when i drift, hahaha.

Besides i can drift using rear triggers and analog stick, i just don´t do it because i feel like its not my league.

That sounds a bit like me with the trigger buttons when drifting. I can drift with R2 for accelerate and L2 for brake but I drift just as fine with default settings. I don't see the point to change buttons much now. Stick with whatever and build your technique upon that

Ive always used a DS3 and once you get good enough most people cant even tell what you are using. You can do more things with a DS3 anyways, mainly because you can go from lock to lock in a millisecond lol.

I use X for gas, Square for Braking, R1 for hand brake, Triggers for shifting...
Bumper view, Tires is whatever everyone else is using, and i have the mini map zoomed in for when there is a train or doing tandem runs.

HE1RO
Ive always used a DS3 and once you get good enough most people cant even tell what you are using. You can do more things with a DS3 anyways, mainly because you can go from lock to lock in a millisecond lol.

I use X for gas, Square for Braking, R1 for hand brake, Triggers for shifting...
Bumper view, Tires is whatever everyone else is using, and i have the mini map zoomed in for when there is a train or doing tandem runs.

When I use the controller,the controls was the same but circle was the handbrake

I come into my room, set the lighting to low. Light a few scented candles, slip into something more 'comfortable' then begin.

- am I setting the scene :sly:

ps3dan101
I come into my room, set the lighting to low. Light a few scented candles, slip into something more 'comfortable' then begin.

- am I setting the scene :sly:

just like a pedobear !

Bonnet camera
Using my G25 - Just gear shifting no clutch
No assists except ABS on 1
Any music that pops up from shuffle on iTunes or in game soundtrack
Triton AX 180 or my Beats Solo HD Headphones depending if I wanna listen to music or not

I think the only other 2 cars I ever drifted even slightly good on street was the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 and the Shelby GT500.

Super Novi
I think the only other 2 cars I ever drifted even slightly good on street was the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 and the Shelby GT500.

well the speed 12 is used fairly often

I don't do anything special while drifting but if I'm in an FGT I usually put a helmet and racing suit on and aim 147 fans at my face. 148 was one too many.

I set it to either cockpit or 3rd person view. I turn everything off, except ABS. I always have CH tires. I have a "Gaming" music playlist on iTunes that I listen to(it's a fusion of music from different genres). I use speakers that I stole from my sister. I usually drift a bimmer.

I use the Hood Camara, I use all assists off, ABS depends if I´m doing tandem or solo runs. I drift Drift Missiles cars mostly, Most of my cars wont pass the 400hp With my jzx100 as an exception with 450hp which is my main drift car. I like being agressive but smooth as same, I like to get a lot of angle, As much as I can get is my limit, While I do agressive and fast transitions from Full lock to full lock, while holding the drift I do really small steering corrections which I´m still trying to better to be smoother.

I like All kinds of music while drifting, I can listen from Reggea to heavy electronics...
When I´m just chilling and drifting I like to hear Reggea and House, Gets me to be smoother and to feel somehow high.... In another hand , When I tandem I just put heavy electronic, Dubstep, Brostep like Dillon Francis, 12th plannet and Skrillex.. Music that gets you some kind of adrenaline shile you hear it and all you want is to dance it hard. It helps me to get agressive and be more efficient and less scare of getting close to my followers and to through some awesome angle while leading.

I use hood view for drifting and I use bumper cam sometimes when I do a trackday or a race.
Do you use a wheel?
Yes, I use a Logitech G27 with a few mods. Including stiffened shifter, ///M Gearknob, Nardi Torino Steering wheel, custom cooling, custom paintjob, reversed pedals, custom handbrake, custom sequential shifter.
Assists on?
No assists, except ABS. It depends on what car though, for most older cars, I don't use ABS but I do use ABS for some newer, and more powerfull cars. However, I never use ABS racing.
Music? Genre?
Music, yes sometimes. I listen to Rap, Jazz.
Headphones? Surround Sound?
I actually use a 2.1 system, and use headphones when I'm playing at late time, so I don't disturb family sleeping. But I just bought a 5.1 system, so I might sort this out soon ;)

Back