• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 9 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge

Coming soon for consoles too.

Critics didn't like it. The general public loves it. I played it and while it's not a AAA title, it's a really nice game, though a tad short. Anyone else played this or looking to play it?

It's a game for Terminator fans. If you like Terminator 1-2 you'll love it, if not you'll either think it's so-so or hate it.

All the reviews that I've read say that if you're a fan of the first two movies and don't mind the first hour or so of the game being slow-paced, you'll like the game.

Thise reviews also say the crafting system is an annoying chore and there's no FOV slider, so your mileage may vary I guess.

It's a game for Terminator fans. If you like Terminator 1-2 you'll love it, if not you'll either think it's so-so or hate it.

I love the films. I didnt like the game.

I'll play some more and try to get in to it.

Thise reviews also say the crafting system is an annoying chore and there's no FOV slider, so your mileage may vary I guess.
Crafting is completely optional. And while there is no FOV slider in the menus, you can still set FOV in the .ini files, as well as a bunch of other Unreal Engine 4 tricks which make the game look a lot better.

I love the films. I didnt like the game.

I'll play some more and try to get in to it.
It's a bit of a mixed bag; there's some bad parts in it, but also some really great parts. The storyline, once completely unfolded, is also really great and fits well with T1 and T2 IMO. Some of the choices in the games story have absolutely brutal results too. :D

This game got a free update in the form of a replayable mission in which you get to play as an infiltrator terminator to, well, terminate things. :D It's pretty fun, and it encourages replay to get better score at higher difficulties and find all the secrets. Visually, the HUD looks exactly like in the films. Having some good fun with it.

Also, the game is now at a discount on Steam for 24 EUR. 👍

Got this game on my radar as well as the latest Star Wars as soon as go on sale for PS store. Probably should happen around Black Friday.

For 25 bucks or so it's perfect I think. It's not a AAA title, so it has that last-gen feel to it (certainly not next-gen), but it really nails the T1/T2 future war atmosphere.

Note: there was a large update before the current one that fixed many issues, like no FOV slider, added HUD options and improved the AI.

Last edited:
New DLC is out in the form of Annihilation Line. Featuring Kyle Reese it's a campaign extension. Pretty decent story and cheap too.

Latest Posts

Back