Tesla Master Plan: Part Deux

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,521 comments
So when he called someone trying to rescue a bunch of kids stuck in a cave in Thailand a pedophile, was that his Boer sense of humor?
I wasn't inferring that everything he says is funny. But if you don't get at least a chuckle out of this price change you should probably look for your sense of humor because you've lost it.

It's silly, but it fits right in line with Elon's sense of meme humor. And the more telling thing is, he knows he has such a following that enjoys him that someone will buy one because, "LOL, 69 & 420!".

That's the person I cringe at, not Elon. It's childish as can be, but we all know there's enough folks who buy things just b/c of "the lulz".

I wasn't inferring that everything he says is funny. But if you don't get at least a chuckle out of this price change you should probably look for your sense of humor because you've lost it.

Ehh...he's been doing the same shtick for a decade now or longer. I think it's totally reasonable for somebody to see yet another 420 69 joke and roll their eyes - it was funny back in the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas era....We get it, Tesla is not the same old kind of straight-laced corporation...it's just the new kind of unstraight-laced corporation. Fashionably kooky.

Anyways, on a more positive note. Impressive progress here in less than 3 months:

I am actively keeping an eye on their job listings and am seriously considering a move if something suits me.

I've been trying to pigeonhole my feelings on Elon Musk for a while, and I think this has helped me reach my own conclusion.

He's a genius intellect wrapped up in a ball of arrogance and marijuana.

2021 Model 3 changes detailed. Visual highlights include black trim and a revised center console.
2021-Tesla-Model-3-6.jpg

2021-Tesla-Model-3-2.jpg

Standard Range Plus and Long Range AWD have increased range, the latter also has quicker acceleration (0-60mph in 4.2 seconds, 0.2 faster than before)

So very tired of those "here's a tablet" dashes. Of course Tesla isn't alone in offering them so this isn't an attack on Musk, but then that doesn't assure it won't be taken as one.

Those are great for the automakers. They probably save a ton on assembly time and making little switches and dials and knobs and gauges and at the same time they can be like "PREMIUM!"

Oh, but yeah, they suck.

Edit: The Tesla Model 3, generally, is one of the most remarkable automotive examples of value engineering I've ever seen. I have to give them a lot of credit for making something so stark into something that people perceive as premium and luxurious.

Last edited:
So very tired of those "here's a tablet" dashes. Of course Tesla isn't alone in offering them so this isn't an attack on Musk, but then that doesn't assure it won't be taken as one.
Agreed! When my wife and I were in the market for a new car it came down to the Mazda CX9 or Subaru Outback... the Outback won my wife over purely because of the dash, and as it was going to be for her that's what we bought. This Tesla dash takes it to whole new level of tacked on afterthought though. :yuck:

2021 Model 3 changes detailed. Visual highlights include black trim and a revised center console.
2021-Tesla-Model-3-6.jpg

2021-Tesla-Model-3-2.jpg

Standard Range Plus and Long Range AWD have increased range, the latter also has quicker acceleration (0-60mph in 4.2 seconds, 0.2 faster than before)
Love the changes. Black trim > chrome. Wish I could afford a Model 3 performance, they are great for autocross.

So it seems like people are starting to get the "Full Self Driving" beta rollout.

Yeesh. Like, I'm a fan of some of Elon Musk's things, but I think letting beta software out in the wild for the general public, who are untrained and definitely not educated in testing, to test a vehicle that can endanger themselves and others seems like a very dangerous idea.

Last edited:

They look fantastic until you drive a car with one and just want to adjust the climate control on a slightly bumpy road. Which in the UK is every road.

So it seems like people are starting to get the "Full Self Driving" beta rollout.

Yeesh. Like, I'm a fan of some of Elon Musk's things, but I think letting beta software out in the wild for the general public, who are untrained and definitely not educated in testing, to test a vehicle that can endanger themselves and others seems like a very dangerous idea.

You mean just like beta video games that are basically finished games with a couple minor glitches that get auto-reported? Public beta testing is basically a marketing scheme at this point. No successful developer would ever throw broken tech at their customers for "development".

You mean just like beta video games that are basically finished games with a couple minor glitches that get auto-reported? Public beta testing is basically a marketing scheme at this point. No successful developer would ever throw broken tech at their customers for "development".
I think it depends. By the time you're beta testing games, most of the bugs that are left are usually difficult to find and require a lot of testing to find. This allows open beta testing to be viable since a huge player base will extensively test the game before release and the players get to next a sneak peak into the new game. This also tests server loads before release. Of course, having an open beta will generate some free marketing, but I think it's not as big as the actual results you get from testing with a large general audience.

But the difference here is that if there is a bug in the game, the players get a worse experience, and if there's problems in the driver assistance code, people could die.

Older Model S And Model X cars are experiencing malfunctions due to the flash memory failing.

Worn-out NAND memory chips can cause a whole host of problems with some Tesla cars, ranging from the failure of the rearview camera to an absence of turn signal chimes and other audio alerts, a watchdog warned this month.

Some 159,000 Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles built between 2012 and 2018 are at risk, we're told. These all use an infotainment system powered by Nvidia's Tegra 3 system-on-chips that include 8GB of eMMC NAND storage, which is typically found in phones and cheap laptops. The trouble is that these flash chips are wearing out, having hit their program-erase cycle limits, and are unable to reliably store data, causing glitches in operation. The storage controllers can no longer find good working NAND blocks to use, and thus fail.

According to a probe by investigators for Uncle Sam's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), at least 30 per cent of the infotainment systems made in "certain build months" are failing due to the eMMC flash being worn out, typically after "three to four years in service."
This is largely a combination of the hardware used in those earlier models and previous problems the cars had where the logging software was writing too often to the memory causing it to wear heavily. Tesla has reportedly offered to replace affected hardware at no cost, nonetheless it's an issue one generally wouldn't expect from a car and something to keep in mind if you're thinking about buying a used Model S or X from a third party.

Just had a thought, after Neddo posted a video for the new Citroen C4.
Are any governments working on wireless charging? Don't know if there is a general EV thread, but remembering the vibrainium transport train, in Black Panther. Would a wireless charging system, similar to that set up, be doable?

I'm meaning, maybe it is a type of tunnel or rail line(like a drive thru car wash) or like old toll booths(very long toll booths) or special hubs, where EVs drive through, for charging and then leave.

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's awesome to know someone has put it in to practice and it's not just resting on a chalkboard in theory. 👍

I really like the instrument cluster screen and how it's in the dash. The rear also seems super nice. The big screen is alright I guess. But that wheel lmao. I really hope that's only just a concept idea and that they'll tone it back

The Design Studio allows you to configure your 2021 Model S, Long Range Stars from $72,990 while the most powerful Plaid+ is $132,990 (with incentives - base price is $139,000).
Model S 1.jpg

Model S 2.jpg

Model S 3.jpg

Specs are pretty insane: 520+ mile range, 0-60 under 1.99s, 200mph top speed and 1100+ horsepower. In a 4 door saloon! :eek:

Last edited:
Nobody told Musk how impractical a KITT wheel actually is IRL
100KITT.jpg
But muh pop culture reference!

Edit: I do actually wonder what it is about the 1980s in particular that Musk, South African-born and resident through to 1989, remembers so fondly that he tries to recreate it in pop culture references across his endeavours. With all the external sanctions and internal violence it can't have been a pleasant era.

Last edited:
But muh pop culture reference!

Edit: I do actually wonder what it is about the 1980s in particular that Musk, South African-born and resident through to 1989, remembers so fondly that he tries to recreate it in pop culture references across his endeavours. With all the external sanctions and internal violence it can't have been a pleasant era.
I would imagine he remembers the pop culture that he's referencing, which no doubt interested a bored teenager a whole lot more than the political and societal upheavals going on at the time.

Back