Tesla Model 3 General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 593 comments
I'm finding interest in these electric cars. Just trying to convince myself they're more than very fast motorised wheelchairs.

I'm finding interest in these electric cars. Just trying to convince myself they're more than very fast motorised wheelchairs.

With all of the glowing reviews for the Model S, I would say so.

Much more than that, thankfully. Well, most are.

The way I see the more conventional ones is this: Regular cars with the driving refinement of luxury vehicles and without the underwhelming, emissions-controlled, downsized'n'turbocharged characterless powertrains. Drove the new Hyundai Ioniq Electric recently and it made the journey home in my Kia feel pretty noisy and old-fashioned. I like revving engines and stirring my own gears and whatnot, but for most driving the average EV makes more conventional cars feel pretty half-assed.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/12/heres-new-image-of-tesla-model-3s.html

XTNzZ0C.jpg

Wow just wow, what was supposed to be a placeholder interior turns out to likely be the production interior. You get more style and comfort from a prison cell. First they come out that you can't use the supercharger network for free and now this... it's like they really don't want you to buy this car! :lol:

To think that one of the things I love most about Tesla's are their beautiful interiors. If this is the way they are going with the rest of the range in the future then good luck with that! There are much better ways to do futuristic and stylish like the BMW i3's cabin.

Yes but, with an enormous HUD it would make a lot of sense to stick with a very minimalistic interior. I think it looks great. I just feel sorry for the passengers... They've only got cupholders to play with.

Wow just wow, what was supposed to be a placeholder interior turns out to likely be the production interior.
That's still the concept car's interior pictured. Tesla hasn't yet revealed a production version of the Model 3.

That said, I can't see it changing much because there's no real reason to change it much.

The less the better. I feel it's great. Beetle, Mini, just a gauge or two. HUD makes perfect sense at a glance. Besides, passengers will be on their phones and tablets anyway.

Worst interior ever for a car that's nearly $40,000.

Kinda hard to say that without actually sitting in it right? I mean, it looks great. How does it feel? Is everything in the right spot? Are there obnoxious things that catch your eye? Hard to tell until you're there.

It could be my imagination, but that looks like a very thin 'intake' slot at the top of the front bumper. I guess enough people complained about the lack of a grille for Tesla to make a few tweaks. I hope I'm wrong, and they stuck with the plain bumper from the prototype. Also, nice to see the production headlights and side cameras. Still no HUD though... Surely there must be a HUD. Please let there be a HUD. :nervous:

It just looks so damn silly. Like someone cut the nose (aka everything past the windshield) off and glued of the front of a smaller car. Like the nose of a Fiesta on a Fusion or something.

Also still that super cheap as **** interior. Like **** am I paying $30k+ on something with a cheaper interior than a Micra.

Also still that super cheap as **** interior. Like **** am I paying $30k+ on something with a cheaper interior than a Micra.
Have you been in any of the other cheap electric cars? Chevy Bolt perhaps? Interior quality is horrible. You can totally tell they cheapen them up to save money.

The interior materials and design look pretty darn good to me. I'm not sure why you're getting the impression that it's cheap? Tesla did hire the lead interior engineer from Volvo to improve the quality of Tesla interiors after all.

Have you been in any of the other cheap electric cars? Chevy Bolt perhaps? Interior quality is horrible. You can totally tell they cheapen them up to save money.
Not yet, probably see the Bolt at the auto show later this month. Is it as bad as the spark?
The interior materials and design look pretty darn good to me. I'm not sure why you're getting the impression that it's cheap? Tesla did hire the lead interior engineer from Volvo to improve the quality of Tesla interiors after all.
Seriously bro?

Back