Tesla Model 3 General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 593 comments
Also still that super cheap as **** interior. Like **** am I paying $30k+ on something with a cheaper interior than a Micra.

I don't recall minimalism being a synonym of "cheap".

The interior layout is certainly divisive and not without room for improvement, but if the materials and tech are up to snuff then that's hardly a fair assumption and comparison at this point.

I love it. I dig minimalism in car interiors.
When it debuts, hopefully the quality is good. Seriously doubt it would be as bad as a Great Wall or Chery.

I just read that Tesla is developing a electric Semi and a pickup truck.

I hope that that Semi is so incredibly groundbreaking that it pretty much destroys all competition. I mean, if there is one thing that has the room for batteries, it's a Semi.

I just read that Tesla is developing a electric Semi and a pickup truck.

I hope that that Semi is so incredibly groundbreaking that it pretty much destroys all competition. I mean, if there is one thing that has the room for batteries, it's a Semi.
Imagine how much those batteries cost lol.

Imagine how much those batteries cost lol.

Seeing how the current batteries have a lifespan of 15 years, and a semi uses roughly 25L/100km of diesel, and the average truck here in Europe doesn't last for 15 years due to emissions, I'm pretty confident that in the grand calculations a Tesla truck might be quite a bit cheaper to run.

I'm not sure if a semi is necessarily the correct application for something with the specific issues regarding range as electric vehicles have, though I admit that I don't know if trucks in Europe are used for the same purpose when it comes to cargo transport as those in the US are. I suppose if they had enough batteries that the thing could go farther than truck drivers are allowed to drive in one day it would be perfect.

EU rules state a maximum of 9 hours of driving per day and 2 days of 10 hours. There are some exceptions for when visiting other European countries but that's roughly it. And remember that we have a speedlimiter on trucks kicking in at 80-85KM/H.

So, single driver trucks should be good, having a second driver for the long hauls might be a bit of a stretch on the batteries.

But if we start replacing all those Mickey Mouse Trucks that drive around the cities it would be a massive step towards cleaner air.

EU rules state a maximum of 9 hours of driving per day and 2 days of 10 hours. There are some exceptions for when visiting other European countries but that's roughly it. And remember that we have a speedlimiter on trucks kicking in at 80-85KM/H.

So, single driver trucks should be good, having a second driver for the long hauls might be a bit of a stretch on the batteries.

But if we start replacing all those Mickey Mouse Trucks that drive around the cities it would be a massive step towards cleaner air.

Mickey Mouse Trucks? :confused:

Dan
Mickey Mouse Trucks? :confused:

Reflex-truck-rental.jpg

Basically a glorified van.

In case anyone misses it, there's a second image inside that embedded Instagram post. If you hover over the image, an arrow should appear.

Doesn't look bad at all now that is has some trim.
Agreed - much better than those first few prototypes.

Exterior shape still isn't growing on me though. Still looks a little too close in proportion to the awkward Model X than the more elegant Model S. Pity they didn't see fit to drop the roofline a little - think more 4-series Gran Coupe than 3-series Gran Turismo. Really high tail on it too - can't imagine rear visibility is up to much.

Every single time a see a thumbnail for an article about a specific car I always think they introduced it to GTSport. But then I read it and I can only hope.

ss3
Every single time a see a thumbnail for an article about a specific car I always think they introduced it to GTSport. But then I read it and I can only hope.
upload_2017-7-4_16-52-2.png

If it says anything other than "Gran Turismo Sport", it's not for GT Sport.

Anyone ever notice that Tesla has an exceptionally bad logo? It looks like a v-neck shirt with a wet noodle hovering over it...which has profound implications if you think about it really deeply.

Tesla-T-logo.jpg
Also depends on the point of view. For me is a T in form of lips, his lips maybe.

Back