Test Drive Unlimited Playstation 2

Speedster502

Design + Photography
Premium
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Speedster502
Welcome to GTPlanet's "Test Drive Unlimited Playstation 2" thread!

Online usernames for Test Drive Unlimited
On left handside is username for TDU on right is GTP username

Mr_Mayhem = jacoja07
EVOLUTIONR = DDMv2
_THE_STIG_ = ND4SPD
amd87se = Holdenhsvgtsr
SEANMAN = Seanman
DJBLACKMON = djblackmon
DMANbluesfreak = dmanbluesfreak
Skid Mark 33= Skid Mark 33
Slider_S15= GordonRamesay
If there are anymore please inform me!

Map
For anyone that gets really lost or want to arrange meetings

Just save the picture and put a mark on it where you want to meet or do what ever with it...

Video Links

Courtesy of Holdenhsvgtsr

Courtesy of Christhedude

So enjoy the game, and I will keep you guys posted on the game!

looks goof for a ps2 version...funny thing i noticed...there aren't any BMW's in the game.Not that i like them or so, just noticed that :)

Tis a shame we dont get all the Audis the XBO have we only get the TT. I wanted the A8 and RS4. Ow well

Nice too see there are some cars that aren't in GT4, and this game also has a photomode :)

Yup it does, there are certain Xbox360 TDU galleries, so it has to be in PS2 too!

i think its a rental... i played it for the 360 and as long as you can drive to the dealerships you unlock every car. im guessin there are no bikes as well?? it is fun for about the first week.

i think its a rental... i played it for the 360 and as long as you can drive to the dealerships you unlock every car. im guessin there are no bikes as well?? it is fun for about the first week.

No. You do have to events to get the right own certain cars. And you will also need the cash to have every car.

No. You do have to events to get the right own certain cars. And you will also need the cash to have every car.

And the cash to own enough houses to put them in. ;)

I bet the lack of Ferrari and Maserati is due to licensing.

And the cash to own enough houses to put them in. ;)

I bet the lack of Ferrari and Maserati is due to licensing.

Oi, ye are correct.

Melbourne House was the developer for the Sony versions, and unlike Eden, they weren't able to achieve the Ferrari license. :indiff:

Looks like release date is March 20, according to Amazon.com.

Thats because you live in America I am in the UK where it is out the 3rd of March in the UK. And there is no bikes on the PS2, PSP versions but there is bikes on the PC and XBOX one,

I'm looking forward to see how this game turns out. From what I've seen, the handling looks rather Arcade-ish, but the online feature sounds amazing. 👍

I'm looking forward to see how this game turns out. From what I've seen, the handling looks rather Arcade-ish, but the online feature sounds amazing. 👍

Thats why I brought a network adapter for my PS2 in October expecting it to be out November but to my surprise it wasn't. I agree that it looks arcadey but I am buying it mainly for the rest of the content i.e Online, Cars, Houses, Oahu and all the rest of the stuff.

Are they releasing a PS3 version as well? - seems odd to release a PS2 version, especially since the PS3 will be available worldwide within 3 weeks of that date.

Are they releasing a PS3 version as well? - seems odd to release a PS2 version, especially since the PS3 will be available worldwide within 3 weeks of that date.

Fraid not Cracker. They decided this ages ago they might be releasing TDU 2 on PS3 though but that wont be for about 3-4 years.

I checked out loads of videos of this game last night, and it looks just awesome. Though it is annoying that the PS2 version of the game had to be toned-down a great deal in order to fit. Less cars, no additional downloads, less oomf in the graphics department... but as long as it has great online play, Lambo's and Astons, I'll be buying this one. :)

Hmmz, I wonder how different the graphics are from the 360 version. :scared:

Edit: A few nice pictures:

Hmmz, I wonder how different the graphics are from the 360 version. :scared:

One of my friends has TDU for the 360 and the graphics look AMAZING!!! I've seen screenshots of the PS2 ver. and they look quite good for the aging PS2 platform.

I've played it on the 360 and it's an awesome game. I've been looking forward to it for months. I didn't know that they had to take out the Ferraris and Maseratis, though, 'til I read this thread! That sucks! Those were some of my favorite cars in the game. Oh well, though, we still have Lamborghini. Hopefully it won't get delayed again.

Have to admit the graphics for this one are still good but are certainly toned down from the Xbox one.
Oh and I found out that you can go cruising with your mates only 3 though. If any of you want to cruise with me on it then find my PS2 online username is: digimod. I am usually on Hardware online but when TDU is out I will be on that a lot online.

Back