TF Photohut - All Comments Are Welcomed! [11.18 - A Series of Farewells, Week 3]

Really liking the sense of motion in all of these, Michael.

Picture #1 - The smooth and well-illuminated background and the rich shadows on the side of the car both create a very good contrast. The shadow of the car does not look as sharp as it possibly could (this might be due to the fact that you resized the image, though!), but I'd let you get away with that one, anyway, because I really like the gradient (lighting) found on the road itself. The only thing I could actually criticise is the fact that the amount of space in front of and behind the car is equal - firstly, the car is too centred (which takes away from the appeal of the image) and, secondly, the forward motion of the car is - to an extent - missing.

Picture #2 - What I like most about this one is the low camera angle - on the one hand, it emphasizes the sense of motion pretty well, on the other hand, the contemplator is presented with a lot of detail. Additionally, both toning and contrast are fine. What bugs me a bit, though, is the exposure; more precisely, I don't like how the licence plate is overexposed - you could either add your own text or remove the licence plate altogether in order to fix this.

Picture #3 - Talking about details, this is the best shot when it comes to that aspect. I like the fact that you went with colder tones here - they fit the rich shadows and overall darker look of the image very well. Lighting and background blur are both smooth, so... I have nothing to complain about.

👍

It's hard to write a comment after GT-R has posted...

Ok so i won't do a ctrl+c, ctrl+v, i will just say i agree with the most of his comments.

My fav' is with no doubt the last. I'm not good with close in-action shot and this one is simply superb. Great work mate.

Hope you will keep some time to make GT shots ;)

8541632164_eeca2cd483_b.jpg

8540530195_d3762d7414_b.jpg

8540530421_9aef736562_b.jpg

8541631964_cec041a513_b.jpg

Really liking the sense of motion in all of these, Michael.

Picture #1 - The smooth and well-illuminated background and the rich shadows on the side of the car both create a very good contrast. The shadow of the car does not look as sharp as it possibly could (this might be due to the fact that you resized the image, though!), but I'd let you get away with that one, anyway, because I really like the gradient (lighting) found on the road itself. The only thing I could actually criticise is the fact that the amount of space in front of and behind the car is equal - firstly, the car is too centred (which takes away from the appeal of the image) and, secondly, the forward motion of the car is - to an extent - missing.

Picture #2 - What I like most about this one is the low camera angle - on the one hand, it emphasizes the sense of motion pretty well, on the other hand, the contemplator is presented with a lot of detail. Additionally, both toning and contrast are fine. What bugs me a bit, though, is the exposure; more precisely, I don't like how the licence plate is overexposed - you could either add your own text or remove the licence plate altogether in order to fix this.

Picture #3 - Talking about details, this is the best shot when it comes to that aspect. I like the fact that you went with colder tones here - they fit the rich shadows and overall darker look of the image very well. Lighting and background blur are both smooth, so... I have nothing to complain about.

👍

Well since you gave such a response, I'll do the same:

Madrid isn't a location I get along with very well when it comes to photography, so I thought more back to the way I took pictures before developing a method to my shoots - thinking outside of my usual comfort zones and taking cues from others pieces of work.

Solely focusing on the first shot, I didn't even notice it was too centered but I didn't want to take a plan 'profile' shot, so I made the compromise of this one. I very well should have edited in a bit of motion blur but I honestly didn't consider it at the time. Something I'll keep a sharp eye out for in the future.

3rd Z32 shot is stunning.. GT-R is spot on with that feedback

Thanks! :D

#2 #3 are really really good ones :)

Three seems to be the crowd favorite. :P

It's hard to write a comment after GT-R has posted...

Ok so i won't do a ctrl+c, ctrl+v, i will just say i agree with the most of his comments.

My fav' is with no doubt the last. I'm not good with close in-action shot and this one is simply superb. Great work mate.

Hope you will keep some time to make GT shots ;)

Oh I'll definitely be sticking around. :D

What really stands out this time around is the paint of the car - and this applies to every shot. The colours are very smooth in general and both lighting and shadowing emphasize the contrast (which is great to begin with!) of the whole picture. My personal favourites are pictures #1 and #3 - the detail is just incredible and the toning is spot on. It's worth mentioning, though, that while you've set the individual focal lengths perfectly (this means that the sense of motion is given), I somehow wish that there was some kind of "wow-effect". For instance, the second picture could've been my favourite when it comes to all aspects but the composition - the white pier (?) is quite distracting, in my opinion. Other than that, this is a good set - just not up to your usual quality.

Quite nice, very interesting colour for the GT. For me shot 1 and 4 are best but they are all pretty good. The toning work is quite pleasing to the eye. 👍

Original and good choice of color for this GT :)
Great angle on the first one, love the composition of the second, love the contrast of the third and the last one is maybe a little bit surexposed but very dynamic.
Great work again.

Been sitting on these for a bit, and having no direction of what I wanted to do with them... well, you'll see what I mean.

8558562942_ef79169bae_b.jpg

8558562228_e58f4c217d_b.jpg

8558563850_85ed6e04f6_b.jpg

8558561374_1750bf06a9_b.jpg

8557451839_4dce922634_b.jpg

all are good but the last one is just superb in its simplicity ! :)

Thanks. There's a good chance I'll redo the last one in a larger size as I was experimenting with some new edits throughout the entire set, and while I'm pleased with the way it turned out, it could be better.

Very nice looking GT, love shot #2!

Thanks. :D

What really stands out this time around is the paint of the car - and this applies to every shot. The colours are very smooth in general and both lighting and shadowing emphasize the contrast (which is great to begin with!) of the whole picture. My personal favourites are pictures #1 and #3 - the detail is just incredible and the toning is spot on. It's worth mentioning, though, that while you've set the individual focal lengths perfectly (this means that the sense of motion is given), I somehow wish that there was some kind of "wow-effect". For instance, the second picture could've been my favourite when it comes to all aspects but the composition - the white pier (?) is quite distracting, in my opinion. Other than that, this is a good set - just not up to your usual quality.

Always the expecting one, aren't you? I'm glad you are though, but something - I don't know what - has been missing lately. Perhaps it's the motivation, or perhaps it's something else.

GPR
Quite nice, very interesting colour for the GT. For me shot 1 and 4 are best but they are all pretty good. The toning work is quite pleasing to the eye. 👍

Thanks. It's been mentioned quite a few times already, but I wanted a color that would make it a bit more striking to look at. The obvious choice was black at first, but I wanted a striking stance, not a menacing one. :P

Original and good choice of color for this GT :)
Great angle on the first one, love the composition of the second, love the contrast of the third and the last one is maybe a little bit surexposed but very dynamic.
Great work again.

Thanks. While I'm pleased with the last one, again, as I've pointed out: it could definitely have been better. I was experimenting with a new action throughout the entire set and I just tweaked along the way.

No direction you say and yet they are still pretty decent mate. I like shots 2 & 4 best. The toning suits the car and it gives the shots a vintage feel. 👍 Plus the comps are varied and nice so another 👍 for that.

I really like the general toning of this last set. As usual, you also use original angles and make great compositions. Nice work again mate !

Expecting... Well, you can set your mind at rest - I'm not pregnant. :dopey:

Seriously, though, I'm trying to be as constructive as possible while providing hints as to what could be changed/would help to improve a picture.

I absolutely love the composition of pictures #1, #4 and #5. All shots have a great sense of motion, though. I noticed that the toning was mainly uniform - only two pictures have a slightly warmer feel to them. All in all, I really like this set because... well, it's just great - it provides a good amount of variety in terms of composition, but one is still able to tell that all pictures belong together. 👍

Strictly experimental edits with the white CT230R (thanks again, ziggy!)

8570390305_2455b9832c_b.jpg

8571484214_8b33cb5081_b.jpg

GPR
No direction you say and yet they are still pretty decent mate. I like shots 2 & 4 best. The toning suits the car and it gives the shots a vintage feel. 👍 Plus the comps are varied and nice so another 👍 for that.

Well I appreciate that. I didn't know what to do with them to be perfectly honest; I edited the set once and wasn't happy with the results so I just shied away for a bit and came back to them.

These are the results and I'm glad you liked them.

Nice looking Mach1 set, #3 is my fave. 👍

Always appreciated Nicolas. :D

Nicely done photos! 👍

Much appreciated. I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be as well received as it has been, but like I said, I didn't know what to do with them so that kind of reflected quite negatively for me.

What can you do? I expect too much of myself sometimes. :lol:

I really like the general toning of this last set. As usual, you also use original angles and make great compositions. Nice work again mate !

Thanks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't inspired by a lot of the great work here.

u did a gr8 job on the mach1 :)

Cut that out! :lol:

I agree, 1st and 2nd just wow! :drool:

Always appreciate the drooling. :P

Expecting... Well, you can set your mind at rest - I'm not pregnant. :dopey:

Seriously, though, I'm trying to be as constructive as possible while providing hints as to what could be changed/would help to improve a picture.

I absolutely love the composition of pictures #1, #4 and #5. All shots have a great sense of motion, though. I noticed that the toning was mainly uniform - only two pictures have a slightly warmer feel to them. All in all, I really like this set because... well, it's just great - it provides a good amount of variety in terms of composition, but one is still able to tell that all pictures belong together. 👍

Well that's a good thing I'd say!

I did better on these than I thought going by all of the comments. Thanks again.

Yes, this HKS is beautiful in white.
And your edit work on these two pics is excellent mate. Beautiful toning, great sense of motion and a perfect mood. 👍👍

Very nice Mach1 set, third pic is my fav, watched almost all your pages, loving the multi cars shots in Ahrweiler, this is always fun to see how we started and improved ^^

Lovely edits, Michael. The first one is my personal favourite - really like the softness and lighting. 👍

Back