TGRR DiRT Rally League (PC)

• Thread starter Rallywagon
  • 148 comments
Speaking of @TiZzla, congrats one being our season 2 winner!!!! You have the choice of picking either the locations or the car classes for next the November season. There are two in one season.

Tiz had made mention of needing to slow down a touch for the jumps. What car did you use?
I used the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500. Due to its strange gear ratios, it's quite, uhm, 'interesting' to drive. Not in a positive sense, though.

I've always been a Ford fan, but I am not digging the Fords in this game. I wonder if they really mirror true life performance. I am going to pick up the BMW for this season I think.

Edit: if you drop the gear ratio on the cosworth, it feels a bit better.

Cool, what cars are we using for season 3?
We are running 80s era RWD cars for this season.

Oh god the dreaded Sierra Cosworth! I'll be trying to take the beast sometime this week as I haven't got the E30. Wish me luck.

Oh god the dreaded Sierra Cosworth! I'll be trying to take the beast sometime this week as I haven't got the E30. Wish me luck.
You should be able to select whatever car you want we could in the last season.

Just finished my run, took a super cautious approach since I don't know the stages well enough to really push yet. Went off a few times but didn't hit anything or end up on my roof which was nice :)

z6U9r0j.jpg

So I finally got on to run some stages. Fisrt I gotta say that the BMW is a much better car. I really didn't expect a few hundred kilos to matter that much.
However, that did not save me from myself. I ran some random events getting used to the BMW then took it out on the first stage of the league event. about 10 turns in, off I got, head first into the trees... DNF for the event!!!! Hurray Beer! Didnt event get to find out if I could actually finish a league event since the last season went bad for me. Oh well. I'll try harder to be better next time.

So I finally got on to run some stages. Fisrt I gotta say that the BMW is a much better car. I really didn't expect a few hundred kilos to matter that much.
However, that did not save me from myself. I ran some random events getting used to the BMW then took it out on the first stage of the league event. about 10 turns in, off I got, head first into the trees... DNF for the event!!!! Hurray Beer! Didnt event get to find out if I could actually finish a league event since the last season went bad for me. Oh well. I'll try harder to be better next time.
I think in future we ought to stick to the categories with more than two cars in as it makes more exciting. I was also wandering if any one ever records there replays? as we could post videos of each stage winner.

Started this weeks rally and DNF'd on the second stage at Finland, hit too many trees and has too many puncture and just wrote the car off! Oh well, great fun though!

I record gameplay sometimes, but sometimes I find the extra pressure to do well makes me crash more. :(

I plan on recording some, just haven't gotten to setting it up yet. I'm also wondering if anyone else feels like damage is a lot less forgiving on the Finland stages than the other locations? My niece and myself ran lots of stages all over last night and it seemed you could get away with bigger crashes at the other locales.

Please dont do two long runs without a service in between at finland again. My car looked like this at the end of second stage.
Believe or not this was once a sierra cosworth!
2015-10-10_00001.jpg

Last edited:
Wooo! Perfect run through stage 2 and 4, and only small mistakes on the other 2 stages! Finland is certainly brutal on cars though, even with 2 relatively clean stages my suspension was down to 65% at service.

A little off topic, Will, how are you liking your PC setup? I'm running a very similar one. An Asus M5A99, FX8350 and a R9 380X. Ive had it about 2 months now. I am liking it, though the "speed" of my old HDD is really noticable now. My old system was an old intel I5 and GTX275, so my comparison is a little lopsided. I'm just wondering how someone else who went with AMD is enjoying their choice.
I mean, a mobo, high end AMD CPU and psu for less than a comparable intel CPU alone? I don't know that I believe an Intels performance is worth that much more than AMD.

A little off topic, Will, how are you liking your PC setup? I'm running a very similar one. An Asus M5A99, FX8350 and a R9 380X. Ive had it about 2 months now. I am liking it, though the "speed" of my old HDD is really noticable now. My old system was an old intel I5 and GTX275, so my comparison is a little lopsided. I'm just wondering how someone else who went with AMD is enjoying their choice.
I mean, a mobo, high end AMD CPU and psu for less than a comparable intel CPU alone? I don't know that I believe an Intels performance is worth that much more than AMD.
i like i've had this for just over a year and it managed to run most of this years releases. Though i am going to change to intel as amd support has been lackluster.

It all depends on the game you are playing, I recently switched to intel after using a fx6300 for about 3 years and the AAA games which are well optimised and use all 6 or 8 cores run really well with AMD but the games that don't suffer quite badly.

just out interest have you tweaked the time as i logged on at half 6 uk time, to find the session has already moved to monaco meaning i can't submit time for this week's stages.

I tweaked the time only for the first event since I set it up on a Monday, otherwise all remaining events should be starting about this time Sundays.
Edit: yep, its set for noon est, I can't do anything about it this season but next season I can make it later in the day. Perhaps 7 or 8 PM EST instead. That would be two hours + from the time stamp of this post.

Last edited:
Welcome to the league Clumsy! We are in the middle of our third season. And at this rate, you are likely to beat me! If you've sent the request on the dirt game website I'll have it accepted shortly.

Congrats to @TiZzla on winning yet another event! Seems many are getting used to the game as the splits seem to be shrinking. Now if I could manage to get some practice time in I might finish a rally before I finish off my car!
That said the last event of the season is live. Good luck to @Willfred_1 @Ettick and juicedtin. With just 4 points spanning the three it will be a battle for 3rd.

Sorry to hear Aarror. Hope all is well and see you when you return.
For those in the US, hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween night! I'm away on a vacation in NYC and won't be gone until late tomorrow. Should have the new season set up either Sunday night or Monday afternoon. Have a good weekend everyone!

Back