TH8 RS Shifter Thread!

• Thread starter sandboxgod
  • 1,971 comments
guys, I noticed my TH8RS has some minor scuffs on the knob, which are noticeable if you look closely. I have only used it for less than an hour so far, and I was wondering if it's normal (it might even have been this way before I opened the box, I just wanna make sure)

My faceplate had some manufacturing blemishes that got worse with time (some kind of sediment in the material?) As for the knob, do you mean the round knob? Or the plastic bit on the shaft? Because my plastic bit was scuffed like crazy after a couple hours use. I would assume this is unavoidable since that plastic is constantly smashing into metal.

I meant the round screw-on knob. I'll post a pic later. I read here that the plastic part can get quite worn out, so I bought some heat-shrinking tube and it works well to help protect it

Gkfu6z0.jpg

EDIT: photo uploaded. is this normal?

Last edited:
Looks like it got pitted by something. Do you wear a ring?
Personally, the first thing I got rid of was that knob, couldn't stand it.

If you get a custom shaft by mrbasher you can use an after-market knob.
I know he sends stuff to Brasil.

Last edited:
no rings here, despite getting recently engaged i am yet to wear my engagement ring (yeah men also use engagement rings in brazil). I also only play wearing mechanix gloves, so no reason for it to be like that.

i thought about an alternative knob, but I'm still waiting on a package from mrbasher, shipped in January, and no signs of it entering the country yet. USPS tracking shows it left the US, but Brazilian Postal Service's doesn't mention it has arrived here yet. Due to that he suspended shipments to Brazil until further notice.

I meant the round screw-on knob. I'll post a pic later. I read here that the plastic part can get quite worn out, so I bought some heat-shrinking tube and it works well to help protect it

Gkfu6z0.jpg

EDIT: photo uploaded. is this normal?

My shifter plate's got something similar. Like when the die was cast, there was some sediment in it.

Looks like it got pitted by something. Do you wear a ring?
Personally, the first thing I got rid of was that knob, couldn't stand it.

If you get a custom shaft by mrbasher you can use an after-market knob.
I know he sends stuff to Brasil.

th8rsbbshaft-jpg.98346
How much is it(, @mrbasher)? I'm considering it. :mischievous:

I'll try next time either me or someone in my family goes abroad. thanks for the tip

The TH8RS shaft has an odd thread size for the knob so you cannot use after-market knobs.
That is why I suggested the shaft by mrbasher, he can machine it to the thread you specify.
I grew up in same country you reside in, so thats why I asked if you wore a ring. :sly:
That's a bummer about the poor quality knob you received. :ouch:

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that despite their advertising stating it supports "most aftermarket knobs" it really doesn't. I liked to see he provides the plastic saver tube that gets worn out with use.

OFF-TOPIC: were you born here as well? from what i remember, you lived in Rio, right?

Yeah, I know that despite their advertising stating it supports "most aftermarket knobs" it really doesn't. I liked to see he provides the plastic saver tube that gets worn out with use.

OFF-TOPIC: were you born here as well? from what i remember, you lived in Rio, right?

The thread size for the knob is M9 x 1.25.
OT Reply:
Arrived there when I was less than a year old.
Rio and Recife.

Got all the mods I wanted for my TH8, feels like heaven now. Well, still waiting for the Honda locking nut to arrive, and might switch to black hex screws for the shift plate, but that's about it. :)

Thanks to Mr Basher for the custom short shaft threaded for the S2000 knob and Patrick for the gorgeous short shift plate!

3Ui0NI2.jpg

How much is it(, @mrbasher)? I'm considering it. :mischievous:

Sorry Dean, just saw this. The price is $30 for international, $25 for US. It is just the shaft with length and threads of your choosing along with a new Delrin sleeve for the shaft. If you want one please contact me through my website and I will get you set up. I have several shaft orders I am working through now, among other things...

Matrixi, that looks awesome! If I'd known you needed a lock nut I would have sent one for free. :( Actually, I should have known given the knob style. Crap, sorry.

Got all the mods I wanted for my TH8, feels like heaven now. Well, still waiting for the Honda locking nut to arrive, and might switch to black hex screws for the shift plate, but that's about it. :)

Thanks to Mr Basher for the custom short shaft threaded for the S2000 knob and Patrick for the gorgeous short shift plate!

That short shift 6 speed plate looks great! 👍 Nice setup you have there! :cheers:
Gonna have to get one of those with a sequential plate once Patrick has them ready! :drool:

I got some black hex screws a while back at local hardware store for the plastic plate.
They should be available at any hardware store that has well-stocked fastener section.

Last edited:
Been a sec since we heard anything from Patrick of rightongates, still hoping for word on a sequential plate as well as a handbrake plate...

That video is genius, I bet it was a pain in the ass to make, but it was probably worth it.

Haha, it's all good buddy. :D It's my own fault for not remembering to order the nut sooner, I didn't expect the shaft to arrive so quickly! 👍

Here's one clip of it in action.

Awesome!!! Agreed, it must have been a total pain to make!
Had to do a triple take when I saw the T500, TH8RS, and router!!! :drool:
Had to download it, very nice, made my day and then some! 👍 👍 👍

:gtpflag: :gtpflag: I embedded your video below.

Last edited:
Been a sec since we heard anything from Patrick of rightongates, still hoping for word on a sequential plate as well as a handbrake plate...

Been busy lately but seq plate is on its way. I'm waiting for some stuff from Fastenal I just ordered. I'll be able to make first testing soon. Here's what it looks like at the moment. All the mecanism will be concealed within the box attached.

Also I made myself a gift for my 32nd birthday: I bought a RS1 seat from Rseat.net....my girlfriend is a bit discouraged XD.

Cheers!

seq_45top_small.jpg
seq_45down_small.jpg
setup_rear_small.jpg
setup_45rear_small.jpg

Been busy lately but seq plate is on its way. I'm waiting for some stuff from Fastenal I just ordered. I'll be able to make first testing soon. Here's what it looks like at the moment. All the mecanism will be concealed within the box attached.

Also I made myself a gift for my 32nd birthday: I bought a RS1 seat from Rseat.net....my girlfriend is a bit discouraged XD.

Cheers!

Great news, wallet is on standby. :drool:
Hopefully it makes tactile noise? :dopey:
Congrats on the rig! :cheers:

Looking great. Once the handbrake one is done I can get ready to order Mr Basher's short shift rod. Or has anyone from the UK managed to find a local source?

@Matrixi do you have a link to that gear knob please?

Beware of Ebay shift knobs though, majority of them are cheap chinese knockoffs with some knobs even having completely messed up threads from the factory!

Some big box auto parts stores here in USA carry look-alike or similar knock offs.
Amazon also carries them, include JDM, in your knob search terms.

The other thing to watch for on eBay are the number of gears embossed on the knob.
The cheaper ones will be 5-speed most of the time.

Back