TH8 RS Shifter Thread!

• Thread starter sandboxgod
  • 1,971 comments
More are ready, if anyone is interested... These fit the stock knob, but are considerably shorter length:

6hp0eq.jpg

Do any of these fit the TH8A? Looking for a short stick. Funny I came across these googling for different heads.

Sorry. I get asked this a bit and the answer, at least from me personally, is that the same shafts that fit the TH8RS fit the TH8A. However, I was doing these myself on my manual lathe, which was taking me far too long for what I was charging :)

I will soon be producing these in bulk in a shorter, and standard version. Likely with M10x1.5 threads. I will post back here and on my site when they are ready. They will likely be the same price.

:D

Do any of these fit the TH8A? Looking for a short stick. Funny I came across these googling for different heads.

You can just use a bolt or threaded rod and put your own shift knob on it. M6 threaded bolt (m6-1.0 x 100mm)
You just need a plastic tube (a pen works great) to cover the threads.

I made a very cheap version that works great and there are many DIY tutorials around from TH8RS and TH8a which use the same parts really. http://socalcolin.blogspot.com/2015/08/diy-custom-short-shift-kit-for-th8a-or.html

Edit - this won't look as nice as a proper one like mrbasher makes but it will do the trick.

Yes, I had found that googling. I had originally thought going down that route but then I decided it wouldn't look too nice for my project and its shiny machined.

any idea where I search and search and search but nothing
Looks like it's rare or non-existing. Maybe it's better to get a new rod/shaft, cut it to a proper length and then use a tap & die set to make threads yourself. Perhaps someone you know owns such a set?
I did this once myself and it was fairly easy. And I'm no handyman by any stretch of the imagination. :)

is there something on the market that can allow a TH8RS to plug into a TM wheelbase like a TH8A?
Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean plug it in and "fool" the wheelbase into thinking that a TH8A is connected instead of the actual TH8RS?

Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean plug it in and "fool" the wheelbase into thinking that a TH8A is connected instead of the actual TH8RS?

Yeah basically. I think TH8A actually comes with USB and the RJ something rather connector?

Sure thing. I have two on order now, well... 3 after I respond to itrdc5 ;)

They are $25 shipped in the US, $30 shipped internationally. They are made to order generally in whatever thread pitch a person wants, stock or for aftermarket knobs. Send me a PM and we can discuss if you'd like to order one.
Hi do you still sell these at all .for a v8 super car style shift knob would like to go to m12 thread size so i can use a standard m12 adapter for my shift knob .thanks for any help and time
Kindest regards
Wayne

Back