That Turn That Scares You The Most (Nurburgring)

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTFOREVER
  • 130 comments
  • 11,017 views
The corner before the long straight. I've driven it hundreds of times in many different games and I always hesitate to take that corner as fast as I know I can. I always think I'll understeer and go too much to the left and into the grass. It's an instinct too. If I tell myself to take the corner faster, I'll be a fag to myself and take it slower at the last second.
 
The circled part of the following map is the part of the track that absolutely scares me and makes me clench my DS3 controller in a frantic move to keep my car under control while plowing through the turn at rediculous speeds:
AyRYk.jpg

I've mowed grass here more than once.
 
Karacola Karousel. Viscious, makes me nauseated.
 
Schwedenkreuz. OK in a slower car but anything that really goes is likely to run me down the red and white barriers and spoil the lap.
The corners after the long straight at the end of the lap are interesting too if you are clocking well over 200mph, a 'lift and nail it' gets you into the first corner and then it's a matter of how brave you feel as to how fast you take the rest. Many a clean lap has beeb ruined by my 'bravery' here.
 
The circled part of the following map is the part of the track that absolutely scares me and makes me clench my DS3 controller in a frantic move to keep my car under control while plowing through the turn at rediculous speeds:
AyRYk.jpg

I'm with you there, Schwedenkreuz to Aremberg often makes me clench my wheel (among other things, often resulting in foam being pulled out of my racing seat) as I fly half on the grass having tried to brake as little as possible or even see how much throttle I can maintain as I clear the crest of the hill.
 
There's one curve that always seems to not be much, but every freaking time I try to turn, I go off.

I hate it.
 
The one that makes me get air.

I always take it too fast, which makes me panic when that corner comes afterward.
 
Probably turn right before the first hairpin and the hairpin because of the chances of being rear ended by another person
 
All of these corners scare the **** out of me at night.
 
Bergwerk. I am almost certain I have never gotten a clean run through that corner. I'll always accelerate a little too early, then run wide. Or I'll just go much to slow, and get passed by 5 cars on the straightish bit after it. And to a lesser extent, Schwendenkruez. I can do it, but I'll screw it up quite a bit.
 
Back