That's it I'm DONE with Daily Races and FIA Demolition Derbies

For the record I went back and did one race today , purchased a Megvan cheat car and put a NERF livery on it. Would have been nice if I'd finished higher up but one dude decided I was his only opponent in the race.
I believe if you get rammed deliberately you should be able to submit ONE report to PD. If they agree offender gets 24 hour ban from sport races (not lobby). If they dont agree you have to wait a week before you can submit another report.
It would NEVER happen though. Banning idiots from Sport races in GT Sport would leave PD vulnerable to lawsuits in the US.
My S finished red of course in this race. I'm tempted to do a couple more today before quitting again for a while (never say never). Not for enjoyment sadly, just to see if I can out-Megane the Meganes WITH a Megane. My manhood is at stake!

I did a couple of those Gr. 4 Interlagos races and they were pretty bad. I used the Megane to be competitive and got rammed multiple times on each race. I think making FF cars that fast in a straight line encourages bad driving. My only solution is having damage on it's highest setting. Yes, it will suck to have your race ruined by someone, but those drivers who are playing bumper cars will soon be discouraged and be forced to drive better, drop to the lower DR/SR ratings and matched with similar drivers, or possibly choose to stop entering Sport mode races altogether.

I got my SR up to A last night - the races at Suzuka were very clean, but mostly because the field spread out so much.

Tried one race tonight at Interlagos - couple of guys in front of me were squabbling for position which allowed me to close up and the guy that had just been passed cut right across me to pick up the tow from the guy that overtook him, swiping me right off the track. From there on out, the rest of that lap was like bumper cars and although I managed 9 clean laps thereafter, my SR still showed red at the end of the race.

I really think putting rear view mirrors on all viewpoints in the next patch would solve a lot of issues like that. If he was on bonnet cam and didn't have the radar on, he would have had no idea I was there, so I suspect that is the most likely cause.

Well, I am pretty disappointed. The most enjoyable experience today was actually the carts.
One make, quite fun to drive, lots of space (= less incidents) and I just wish the gr4 races would feel the same.

I know it's subjective, but I had a horrible time with the gr4s. The meganes/VWs are overpowered (so my Ferrari had little chance) and to top it off people play bumper cars, probably due to poor skill.
In the carts on the other hand I won a couple of races and finished top 3 in the other two while managing to level up both SR and DR.

On topic point: They need to get their act together and fix the BoP problems and get a harsher penalty system. The game can be really fun and rewarding, but currently the gr4 races are just plain broken. If they want the FIA stuff to really work and mean something, they have some serious work to do.

(And please don't get me started on the Alfa one-make race. An absolutely horrible car. I can't understand how anyone would drive that for enjoyment. I really hope they do not drive like that IRL.)

It would also be good if you cannot lose the penalties in SR.S Too many people cut the chicane at Interlagos creating accidents then simply drive off the penalty in the rest of the lap. I had one guy yesterday slow all the way down in the final chicane on Suzuka swerving, creating a pile-up, I assume to lose his penalty and not his place...

It would be interesting to see the actual total penalty time after a destruction derby race. Of course PD probably allows you to lose penalties as they are just as often wrong. Passing wrecks at yellow flags, get hit from behind into the car in front, get pushed off the track into a 'short cut', even for a car bouncing off you after losing control and ending into a wall or someone recklessly re-entering the track that you can't avoid.

Apart from sharpening the stick, why not give more incentive to race clean. 150% bonus isn't that much. 3x for a clean race, nothing for a red rating. It all comes down to a better detection system though as you can now simply push people off the road with small side bumps to give them a shortcut SR and time penalty while getting away with none.

Maybe best to have a no contact rule in SR.S until PD can improve the penalty system. No nudging people off track. 3 hits, dq. 3 x dq, no more sport mode for the day. Perhaps add an option to voluntarily stay in SR.A if you want to rub while racing.

The biggest mistake 'nice' people make in life and games is to think it is even possible to regulate cheats. It is not. The basic error in the mindset of the 'enforcer' is that when the rules/coding finally fixes todays problems with cheaters they will sit back/leave/ accept defeat/drive cleanly. Massive fail there sorry. A cheater does not think in the same way honest people do. Much like John Hammond imagining he could control/tame dinosaurs.
Gaming/computing has forever been the domain of scumbags and always will. No matter how you regulate there are those who take pride in getting one up on the system and then spreading the news to lazier scumbags.
So get in there and learn to enjoy it, play lobbies instead (much more fun) or play something else.

Today I did that Interlagos race a second time. I noticed the previous race winner (by a wide margin) used AT so I chose the same and put TC on full 5x!
I was higher placed and every lap was stress free. I had a good clean tussle with one guy. I was 10 seconds behind the leaders, 20 ahead of the others except that clean n fast chappy.
It was stupid and embarrassing going round hairpins in 3rd gear holding the dude up. Gas.Break.Turn. Repeat for 10 laps. My DR went up a little. My self esteem nose dived.
There was no racing in that race apart from me blocking that dude till final corner when I let him past to be fair to him.

Megane CHECK
Auto Tranny CHECK
TC on Max CHECK

There you go, that's my guide to how to succeed in Gr 4 daily races.

And here's the next race....2 cars ahead fighting each other so I try to cleanly get through the middle. Ended up getting slapped by both of them by accident and being targeted for classic corner take-down.

Last edited:
There was no racing in that race apart from me blocking that dude till final corner when I let him past to be fair to him.

Megane CHECK
Auto Tranny CHECK
TC on Max CHECK

And this is what is so hugely disappointing about GTS. Out of fear of alienating players, PD simply do not dare placing requirements (or stiff penalties) on players.
In the effort to get "everyone" to be able to "enjoy racing", they end up with a watered down experience leading to the fact that no one is actually enjoying proper racing. Those who play the meta game, switch on the aids and so forth and think they are having a good time in a driving sim are simply fooling themselves as they essentially play it on easy mode with PD patting them on the back.

Well, downloading PC2 now to check the other side of the fence. Either that or it's back to iRacing as things are probably worse now than when I paused GTS a month ago.... :(

The biggest mistake 'nice' people make in life and games is to think it is even possible to regulate cheats. It is not. The basic error in the mindset of the 'enforcer' is that when the rules/coding finally fixes todays problems with cheaters they will sit back/leave/ accept defeat/drive cleanly. Massive fail there sorry. A cheater does not think in the same way honest people do. Much like John Hammond imagining he could control/tame dinosaurs.
Gaming/computing has forever been the domain of scumbags and always will. No matter how you regulate there are those who take pride in getting one up on the system and then spreading the news to lazier scumbags.
So get in there and learn to enjoy it, play lobbies instead (much more fun) or play something else.

Don't give up! I still think that PD can make a fair and proper SR system that weeds out the majority of idiots, though not all mistakes and punts are intentional.
I would imagine that PD has all the information on who rear ends the most players, who inputs the most steering on a straight road while on track, who brakes outside of the braking zones and which players spend the most time off-track.

I don't see why that information cannot be collated and added to the SR calculator that awards or removes SR points.
No system is full proof and accidents do happen, the problem at the moment is that the system is totally binary, something that is the antithesis of the sport it is trying to replicate.

This is very easy and clear to see, for example. I (as I keep going on about :lol:) got demoted to SR-A thanks to a single idiot, the SR-A races I then got placed into bashed me around to SR-B. To combat this and to get back into SR-S I simply decided to do 5-6 one make races, set no quali time and just trundle around at the back of the grid, gaining positions when the inevitable happened and people crashed and spun out. I was quickly able to get back to SR-S. I don't think that is how the system should work and I think that being able to game the system like that is partly why the SR system is largely meaningless.

I did 3 races today on La Maggiore in GT4, started with an SR of B and ended with D, why? Because the game does not legislate for other racers late braking and cutting inside and edging you off, you get a downgrade in SR and they get no penalty. And I mean real late braking and using my car as part of their method of slowing down, I can't believe how much idiot drivers get away with. It makes me think why bother to be clean, why give others space when they don't bother? The current system needs tweaking big time because in it's current form the SR rating largely means nothing imo.

I'm a clean racer first, fast second. This so-called 'sport' is not for me. Nothing sporty about the official races.
Just quit for the first time an 'official' race after 4 laps of Interlagos. Guess I was mid field quality wise.
I NEVER quit, not my style, except when I quit for good.
EVERY fair, clean pass I made was rewarded with huge punts and side swipes.
Had THREE x 10 second penalties for THREE shoved into wall massive deliberate full speed shunts from behind.
If you're not at the front it's every scumbag for himself.
I have been enjoying running my own lobbies and will continue to do so.
Going to do that now.
As Bender would say, PD FIA you can kiss my shiny metal ***.
Thank you, good bye!

Today I did that Interlagos race a second time. I noticed the previous race winner (by a wide margin) used AT so I chose the same and put TC on full 5x!
I was higher placed and every lap was stress free. I had a good clean tussle with one guy. I was 10 seconds behind the leaders, 20 ahead of the others except that clean n fast chappy.
It was stupid and embarrassing going round hairpins in 3rd gear holding the dude up. Gas.Break.Turn. Repeat for 10 laps. My DR went up a little. My self esteem nose dived.

Megane CHECK
Auto Tranny CHECK
TC on Max CHECK

And here's the next race....2 cars ahead fighting each other so I try to cleanly get through the middle. Ended up getting slapped by both of them by accident and being targeted for classic corner take-down.

Use Share Play feature, or Share Factory please, this shaking camera is irritating!

Last edited by a moderator:
An absolutely horrible car. I can't understand how anyone would drive that for enjoyment.
Well I absolutely enjoyed to drive this car. But I have to commit that i enjoy driving any Car in this game since they are all unique in their own way.It doesn’t matter if it’s a Mito or a Tomahawk to me it’s just a pleasure to challenge myself to find out how to hit the perfect lines with any Car I drive. The only exception are Gr4 and Gr3 Cars as they are all very easy to drive due to their extreme grip and to me they feel like driving on rails.

I didn’t realize that even within each SR there’s separation. For example you can be maximum S(99) and the game will try to group you with others of a similar SR and avoid even lower S ranks.

Hey People you know enough is enough... and I have had enogh. Where should i start. Ok here we go. I haven’t played any Gt Game since Gt4 on the PS2. I almost forgot about it and as time passed by I switched to other racing Games like Forza when the Xbox360 came out. I completely skipped the PS3.

2 Years ago I was gifted with a Ps4 and I got addicted to Project Cars. I didn’t bother about Gt Sport as i was quite happy with PCars. Then suddenly out of nothing, BAM, Gt Sport Beta. Played it a few days but hmm, it didn’t really hit me. But I wanted a new challenge and on release day I grabbed the Steelbook Edition of Gt Sport. Man, it felt like coming Home after a Long time , tears of joy, the game that got me addicted to racing games, a feeling like the one I had when playing Gt1 on Ps1 20 years ago. My Wife even allowed me to buy a Wheel especially for this Game. Darling I love you , you’re the best.

Soooo, what’s the point? Very easily, it’s the honorless of many people that disappoints me. So far I spent almost 600! Races in Sport Mode and I was almost at Dr. S. I have been Sr. S since the first day and dropped only one time to Sr.A for a few hours and then gained back Sr.S and held it until today.
But sadly I have reached a point where it doesn’t make sense investing my precious time into Sport Mode anymore. Like many others here on the forum I finally agree that the penalty system just doesn’t work. I mean I knew it before but like i said enough is enough. I just can’t understand how honorless and dumb and foolish some people act in this game. Maybe it’s because they just don’t care or just have no honor in general who knows.

Anyway I will stay away from Sport Mode until PD comes up with any kind of miracle fix to the penalty system but truly I don’t know how.Some people will never change their attitude and I believe that’s the point.

On the other side racing in open lobbies with friends is just a blast and the only reason that pulls me back playing this game. But for now I am done with Daily Races and FIA Demolition Derbys.

Last edited:
T

There you go I hope you can enjoy my wall of Text now. Spacing huh...;)

Thank you! :)
Aaand....I agree with you! :)
I have not fully given up yet, but I am trying to decide where to go next if PD doesn't sort out the mess.

I find it interesting though that there is a divide between those who think the racing is good and those who do not. I have a theory. I think it depends on where on the DR scale you are more so than the SR rating. Most races where I qualify high (top 5) have been enjoyable. So have quite a few where I started further back.
It's the middle that will kill you. It doesn't take too many idiots to mess up the entire mid field. And once someone does something stupid, it has a tendency to rub off on others.

Not sure what my point is. Maybe it is that you can to some extent adjust the level of misery you will be subjected to by ensuring you qualify well (either by being fast or lowering your DR).

I have not fully given up yet, but I am trying to decide where to go next if PD doesn't sort out the mess.

I find it interesting though that there is a divide between those who think the racing is good and those who do not. I have a theory. I think it depends on where on the DR scale you are more so than the SR rating. Most races where I qualify high (top 5) have been enjoyable. So have quite a few where I started further back.
It's the middle that will kill you. It doesn't take too many idiots to mess up the entire mid field. And once someone does something stupid, it has a tendency to rub off on others.

Not sure what my point is. Maybe it is that you can to some extent adjust the level of misery you will be subjected to by ensuring you qualify well (either by being fast or lowering your DR).

I think it would be interesting if on every post people put when they were playing and what region so we can all start to see whether there are any patterns...naturally no naming and shaming just time of race and region.

I think it would be interesting if on every post people put when they were playing and what region so we can all start to see whether there are any patterns...naturally no naming and shaming just time of race and region.

EU, and mostly weeknights CET.
I would really like to work out a pattern, but I can't find any. Nationalities do not seem to matter much either.

:DWell

I have another theory about why so much is going wrong. First of all: We are Squab drivers. We play with a toy wheel on a video game console, some even use Controllers. So far nothing wrong about that.

Now we have to keep in mind almost no one of us has any real experience in real race driving besides being in rush to hit the grocery just in time before it closes and therefore driving a bit faster than usual in traffic. Real life traffic. With real traffic regulations and all that nasty stuff that awaits us if we don’t stick to them.

And that my my friend that’s the point I think. I mean what happens if we don’t stick to racing etiquette huh? Exactly, who cares. It’s a game. Dr drop, Sr drop who gives a fkuc. And as long as most people stick to that attitude I highly doubt that any fix will bring us any better.

And that example can easily be translated to other genres like shooters or fighting games or whatever you like. It’s the approach how a person decides to play a game. I am very well aware that,me too,is just only playing a video game which should mainly be fun but if we try to bring some honor and pride into it a bit of mental immersion and respect we would all have a quite good time with this game.

And now let’s hold our hands altogether and make the Earth a little bit better...or at least Gt Planet:D

Soooo, what’s the point? Very easily, it’s the honorless of many people that disappoints me. So far I spent almost 700! Races in Sport Mode and I was almost at Dr. S. I have been Sr. S since the first day and dropped only one time to Sr.A for a few hours and then gained back Sr.S and held it until today.
But sadly I have reached a point where it doesn’t make sense investing my precious time into Sport Mode anymore. Like many others here on the forum I finally agree that the penalty system just doesn’t work. I mean I knew it before but like i said enough is enough. I just can’t understand how honorless and dumb and foolish some people act in this game. Maybe it’s because they just don’t care or just have no honor in general who knows.

Anyway I will stay away from Sport Mode until PD comes up with any kind of miracle fix to the penalty system but truly I don’t know how.Some people will never change their attitude and I believe that’s the point.

I have many complaints about GTS, and of course the SR and penalty system is amongst them. However, it does seem to work to some extent. I've been SR S effectively since launch, and while races have got worse (particularly Gr4) it's still the case that most opponents I've met in daily races have been clean-ish. That isn't to say they really even know what honour is! Have some incident and the pack will treat you like a wounded animal, leaving no chance to get back on track, callously bumping you back out into the wilderness again and again. But the overly aggressive, 'bump you out at a corner to make the turn' type are actually not as common as they seem - it's just that they can ruin your whole race.

As it stands, I think the penalty system is changing attitudes for the worse. I used to pride myself on not giving in to revenge, but no more. If someone slower muscles past me with no care for honour and I later catch them up, they will get the same treatment back or worse. The penalties are no deterrent - a fat -SR and 10sec penalty on lap 2 can be forgotten by lap 7, race ending +SR. It's self-preservation - if I didn't, and instead passed them clean, they'd likely lunge past again the next corner. It's not really how I'd like to race, but at least it lets me get back to spending the rest of race in more honourable battles.

Even after some horrible Megane races at Interlagos, my SR never dropped to A. I haven't bothered with the FIA races though, which by all accounts is a wise move! Overall I can't shake the feeling that we're still in a beta test - even after years of development, and months of closed beta, which is certainly disappointing. Yet there isn't anything else on PS4 even close to what GTS does manage to provide with the matchmaking.

I think I have narrowed down the options really. PD will likely never solve the problem, no matter how much they tune the penalty system. @PirovacBoy is mostly correct: the core problem is attitude and barrier to entry. So the options:

1. Accept GTS for what it is, a console racer with good matchmaking and very admirable ambitions. However, hampered by the fact that anyone with a PS4 can enter a race after (hopefully) watching a couple of movies.

2. Go iRacing instead. Solves the problem through substantially higher barrier to entry and a bit of honor since you race with your RL name. It is much cleaner, but also more of a hassle in terms of requiring more of you in terms of time.

I'll likely return to iRacing but keep one foot in GTS as well, just to see what the future holds.

Hey People you know enough is enough... and I have had enogh. Where should i start. Ok here we go. I haven’t played any Gt Game since Gt4 on the PS2. I almost forgot about it and as time passed by I switched to other racing Games like Forza when the Xbox360 came out. I completely skipped the PS3.

2 Years ago I was gifted with a Ps4 and I got addicted to Project Cars. I didn’t bother about Gt Sport as i was quite happy with PCars. Then suddenly out of nothing, BAM, Gt Sport Beta. Played it a few days but hmm, it didn’t really hit me. But I wanted a new challenge and on release day I grabbed the Steelbook Edition of Gt Sport. Man, it felt like coming Home after a Long time , tears of joy, the game that got me addicted to racing games, a feeling like the one I had when playing Gt1 on Ps1 20 years ago. My Wife even allowed me to buy a Wheel especially for this Game. Darling I love you , you’re the best.

Soooo, what’s the point? Very easily, it’s the honorless of many people that disappoints me. So far I spent almost 700! Races in Sport Mode and I was almost at Dr. S. I have been Sr. S since the first day and dropped only one time to Sr.A for a few hours and then gained back Sr.S and held it until today.

On the other side racing in open lobbies with friends is just a blast and the only reason that pulls me back playing this game. But for now I am done with Daily Races and FIA Demolition Derbys.
Good read :cheers:, I am done with Daily Races too.

What I find is that lag is a big factor in a race turning into crap. Time of day as well. I'm in Canada, EST, worst driving happens early afternoon, which is also when matchmaking is at its worst, adding people from far away with bad connections.

Bad races can happy any time though, it only takes 1 or 2 dirty drivers to ruin a race. I try to stay away from them, it's not worth trying to pass them if I can't put at least 0.3 sec distance on them, they're just going to hit me the next corner. I slow down to let them pass when they position themselves in a bad spot. Wait for another race to have a fun battle. Battling it out with a laggy erratic driver only leads to frustration.

Feeling of achievement can also be had from being the sole survivor.
bctYcFh.jpg

I joined the GR.4 Megane battle today. Is this racing or last man standing...

Sure, the top 4 got away and had a clean race. I started at 9th playing dodge ball for 3 laps. Still they managed to break my clean streak with one hit. And ofcourse the game reduced my DR rating, apparently being a good driver solely depends on finish position...

Anyway 5th to 12th place start is always in the danger zone. My SR is maxed 99/99 and I try to keep it there, still this happens and I don't always manage to get out unscathed. As long as the penalty system doesn't detect all the 'inventive' ways people have found to push you off the track, nor gives out meaningful penalties to the right car this won't stop. The time penalties as they are now invite even worse behavior, braking in front of you before the finish to lose the time or slowly swerving through the final corner to hold everyone up while burning off the penalty.

I'm a clean racer first, fast second. This so-called 'sport' is not for me. Nothing sporty about the official races.
Just quit for the first time an 'official' race after 4 laps of Interlagos. Guess I was mid field quality wise.
I NEVER quit, not my style, except when I quit for good.
EVERY fair, clean pass I made was rewarded with huge punts and side swipes.
Had THREE x 10 second penalties for THREE shoved into wall massive deliberate full speed shunts from behind.
If you're not at the front it's every scumbag for himself.
I have been enjoying running my own lobbies and will continue to do so.
Going to do that now.
As Bender would say, PD FIA you can kiss my shiny metal ***.

Need damage modell like in iracing. If you or someone else ramming go to the pit for fixing...

I will definitely stay with this in many cases outstanding Racing Game like matchmaking system and overall presentation.
Yet still, I hope as time will go by the clowns will leave and hop to some more casual racers. And maybe a smaller but hopefully more serious core of community will stay back and with some little tweaks and improvements to the Sr System I am quite confident it will be better.
If then the races will even have more laps, i mean i don’t know a single racing class which only provides 3-4 lap races. That’s ridiculous.Seriously. How do you want to actually have an authentic race atmosphere with so short races. Impossible. The Qualifying times are sometimes within 1 Second from 1st to 10th place.

Too much stress trying to get the best result out of the race which also leads to stupid behavior.

Patience is no option unless we all drive from start to finish in the same formation as we started the race. Boring.

Anyway, in Germany, we say time heals all wounds and since it’s still a small one we will all calm down in a while and finally experience Gt in all it’s glory with thrilling races and heart pumping adrenaline filled battles.

For pride and glory and not just for the cheap thrill.

The game will probably be a classic in a couple of years as soon as it is no longer flavor or the month or trendy with kids especially with Xmas etc coming up.. Now if only there was a race dedicated to kids such as Teen Racer lol or even better a new version of the classic Demolition Derby. Then we'd be free to build our sandcastles and dams on the beach in peace without fear of being kicked over!

Look at this drop in points in just two races.

GR4 race, started 9th on the grid. First corner cars off everywhere, yellow flags out so I slow down as not to get penalised or hit other slow cars and promptly get shunted off the track.

Tue Dec 12 2017 21:00:43 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time) -> DR:11133 | SR:99/99 | Races:224 | DPUR:6
Tue Dec 12 2017 21:32:40 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time) -> DR:7375 | SR:97/99 | Races:226 | DPUR:56

Last edited:
The game will probably be a classic in a couple of years as soon as it is no longer flavor or the month or trendy with kids especially with Xmas etc coming up.. Now if only there was a race dedicated to kids such as Teen Racer lol or even better a new version of the classic Demolition Derby. Then we'd be free to build our sandcastles and dams on the beach in peace without fear of being kicked over!

It will be interesting to see the effect introduction of GT League has here.....will the more casual racers migrate to chasing AI or not.

Are they really the problem or is it people gaming the system as per @Sven Jurgens quote "As long as the penalty system doesn't detect all the 'inventive' ways people have found to push you off the track". Apart from the casual racer/divebomber to win at all cost mentality there does seem to be fast racers who will win at all costs in the high SR bands by sneaky moves.

Reading these GT Planet threads as a relatively new poster (long time lurker) two things strike me in general:
. Gamers often start from the principle of beating the game (glitch exploitation/penalty manipulation etc) not playing the game as it was designed
. On threads where "was I at fault" the amount of arguing one way or the other that goes on indicates that assigning blame in racing is not clear cut (hence use of racing incidents in real life) plus people come from having seen different type of racing on TV etc such as NASCAR (bump drafting), BTCC (rubbing & more) and the absolutely no contact racing as formula 1, porsche super cup etc and bring that style of racing into a game where the intent appears to be absolutely no contact per sportmanship videos.

PD have been very brave on taking on such challenges to say the least and I hope they succeed in the long term. I do think we could all help them by enjoying playing a little bit more rather than gaming and recognising no penalty system in current technology can solve every issue correctly.......

The internet does not help here either as encourages tendency to 'rage post' when there is a bad driving experience which hides the fact that many races are good........after all normally those enjoying the game are playing it not posting.......

Latest Posts

Back