The 100% club thread...

I have GT1, GT2 at like 98.whatever $hit that was about % complete, GT3, GT4Prologue and GT4 100% complete...piz'a'cake...;)

jump_ace

Hi everyone. I´m new here.

Great place for gt talk. Well, I currently have 94% and it´s very hard now.

Here´s what I have left:

Time Trails:
Track 2-10

Professional Leauge:
Polyphony Digital Cup
Formula GT

Endurace:
Trail Mountain
Roadster

Everthing that´s left now are so godamn hard, it´s killing me :crazy: .

Some tips anyone.

Ohh, I forgot to ask if you get the so called "rocker car" when you have 100%

Motaro________
Hi everyone. I´m new here.

Great place for gt talk. Well, I currently have 94% and it´s very hard now.

Here´s what I have left:

Time Trails:
Track 2-10

Professional Leauge:
Polyphony Digital Cup
Formula GT

Endurace:
Trail Mountain
Roadster

Everthing that´s left now are so godamn hard, it´s killing me :crazy: .

Some tips anyone.

Ohh, I forgot to ask if you get the so called "rocker car" when you have 100%

I found that with persistence Time Trials 2 - 7 were quite do-able. 8 7 9 are still killing me, getting very frustrating. The stock enduro's at Trial Mountain and the Roadster are simply a matter of patient driving and pit strategy. If you have come this far, you should do them without too much trouble. I used an RUF CTR2 at trial Mountain without much difficulty. It was a matter of working my pit strategy to combat the NSX.

The PD Cup you should be able to manage as well, can't recall what i used there..i think it was a 787B, off the top of my head. Am currently sitting on 97.1%, just the Formula GT left, the first race at midfield was pretty easy. Also left are the abovementioned Time Trials, and the Tokyo and Cote Enduros.

frenzal
I found that with persistence Time Trials 2 - 7 were quite do-able. 8 7 9 are still killing me, getting very frustrating. The stock enduro's at Trial Mountain and the Roadster are simply a matter of patient driving and pit strategy. If you have come this far, you should do them without too much trouble. I used an RUF CTR2 at trial Mountain without much difficulty. It was a matter of working my pit strategy to combat the NSX.

The PD Cup you should be able to manage as well, can't recall what i used there..i think it was a 787B, off the top of my head. Am currently sitting on 97.1%, just the Formula GT left, the first race at midfield was pretty easy. Also left are the abovementioned Time Trials, and the Tokyo and Cote Enduros.

Thank you. Gonna give it a try later, tell you how I did. Thank´s again :sly:

For Roadster endurance help, read this for some good discussion.
If you just want to get this race out of the way though, take any Miata with T1 (Superhard tyres) and pit once at 20 laps. The lead car takes off like a rocket, but he's on supersoft tyres and will pit every 3 laps you should finish a lap or 2 ahead of him!

For PD Cup and TM enduro, (btw Frenzal it's not possible to enter 787B in the PD cup!!!) there's lots of things you can use for close, exciting, edge of the seat racing. But again if you just want to get them out of the way, use the Nissan R390 Road Car since you need to enter a stock road car in both events, you can use T2 tyres to give a compromise of grip and lifetime and you should easily walk away with both events.

For Formula GT, scroll up this page a little, there's a post where I linked to settings for all 6 F1 cars. Settings are crucial, as is not over-driving the car and chewing up tyres.

The time trials, use the ghost, and the demo to see where you're losing time.
Run a lap, then view the demo, your ghost will appear in the demo too, and you'll see where the demo gains time on you.
View the demo from inside view and make a mental note of the speed and gear that it takes the bends at. If you can mimick the lap then you should be OK.

For 100% complete you win the F094/S car in NTSC version and the Polyphony 001 in PAL. Not sure what you mean by "rocker car". :confused:

Smallhorses
!

For PD Cup and TM enduro, (btw Frenzal it's not possible to enter 787B in the PD cup!!!)
For 100% complete you win the F094/S car in NTSC version and the Polyphony 001 in PAL. Not sure what you mean by "rocker car". :confused:

As i said, wasn't too sure, was thinking off the top of my head. Only recalled afterwards that it is production cars!!!

I think he means 'rocket car'.

This was in the "Look before you post" thread, but it doesn't look like anyone's hit 100% in a while,
so i had to sign up and bump this thread

:drool:

Why?

:ouch:

BECAUSE I DID IT!!!!

Last night! ...Woo Hooo!!!! :cheers:

That Complex String Time Trial... :banghead: had me searching every old website you could imagine...

(GTP being by far the best place to find info on GT games... but i've always just been a guest...)

Well, it took me 6 months of weekends, but i did it all in a "PLAYSEAT" racing chair,
with the GT Driving Pro Force Feedback wheel by logitech...
daddysboy.jpg

-my son- using the best $500 controller i've ever used!
:bowdown:
(Thanks God, and also Sony, Polyphonic, Logitech, Funions, A&W Root Beer, and any others i missed!)
Anyone else still playing this game? -everytime i see this thread, there are a few people browsing!!!
LOL! it's still an awesome Game!:cool:

I'm off to GT4 Forum -(98%'d it before the Seat, Now i'm starting over With it, and no B-spec racing~:yuck:!)
see ya there!:)

Nice Work, I'm not much closer than I was a year ago. I'm about 95% I still have most of the enduros and TT10 to finish up. I was within a half second of getting TT10 when I got hooked on GT4. I've been coming back to it from time to time this winter but can't seem to pull off a fast clean lap. Despite the frustration, I'm really enjoying TT10, I see it as one of the ultimate tests in the game. Practice. Practice. This still is a very sweet game. My commitment to both games is only is only an hour or two a couple of nights a week so progress remains slow.

Nice Work...
...Despite the frustration, I'm really enjoying TT10, I see it as one of the ultimate tests in the game. Practice. Practice.
Thanks! yeah- we have 30+ people viewing this forum as i type!
looks like theres always someone looking for good info!
:dopey:

TT10 -Complex String! Definitely the test hardest for me.
tried it 100-150 times... practiced maybe 30-35 times a day, a few times a week for 2 weeks!
(with searching this forum for help in between sessions!)
finally beat it by a half second! :cheers:

it does get easier after you realize you have to gently "Flick" the car into each turn...
-my best advice is "the less tire screeching... the more traction you have to hold the turn!"
You CAN HOLD IT!

SO SLOW DOWN!- i actually shaved seconds off this way... 💡

I got 100% on Oct 27, 2002.

After that, I locked the PS2 away for about a month.

I'm in North America, so 4:52.656 was good enough.
Actually, after completing Time Trial 10, I started a new game, and completed nothing but that Time Trial. (For 0.2%). But I never actually did go anywhere else with that game save.

Someone from the land of PAL coached me into doing the Time Trial, saying it was only a silver effort, really. Some people do pass by seconds and seconds. Although PAL has a lower time to beat, I believe they can turn driving hindrances off for Time Trials.

Edit: I accidentally posted, and have now deleted, something here about a completely different game. (Cut-and-paste/window error). Thanks for not jumping on me for it!

I recently completed GT3 as well ( PAL Australia version).
I went straight from GT2 to GT4 as I could not afford a PS2 upon release.
By the time I could GT4 was out.
I only ended up playing GT3 because my Son had it and needed a hand to finish some races. I also needed it so I could race in some tournaments elsewhere.

Someone from the land of PAL coached me into doing the Time Trial, saying it was only a silver effort, really. Some people do pass by seconds and seconds. Although PAL has a lower time to beat, I believe they can turn driving hindrances off for Time Trials.

I will check when I get home tonight and let you know if this is correct.
I seem to remember doing it with all aids off so you may be right.

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in replying, have not been well.
I checked and found that you have the option of turning off driving aids in the Time Trials ( Australian PAL ).
When I attempted TT10 I had all aids off and managed a 4 ' 48 . 587

Yes, TT10 is sadly the hardest overall single mission. 5 seconds off though, ill admire anyone who manages to do it

How about beating the GT3 after a long break?

I just happened to beat the TT10 by 0.08x seconds to reach 100% game completition.

And I now realise that for a restart in GT3 the best way to start ,
could be by beating the TT's to acguire the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 . :nervous:

MadMax

I'm currently at 80,x%... It's all going well, I just don't have enough free time to speed up the finishing process.

It's not difficult, especially if you finished GT4 before playing GT3, in which you learned to drive very well and was crazy about it (GT4).

The further I ever got was 80 something...but then I took a long brake since I lost my copy of the game, eventually, ended up deleting the save.
A few years later got a new copy, but didn't wen far though.
Then GT4 comes out, and that's when I really did put GT3 aside.

But now, I'm on a mission to fully complete all the GT series to 100% complete, all licenses gold, and if possible, 100% win ratio!

I never knew those time trials in arcade mode gave you something, I won them all expect complex string, since I never had that much experience back then.

Also; I'm currently over 30% complete, but the win ratio is not going so good.
I have GT Concept, so I could easily star all over again with 10.000.000 Cr. and bronze licenses, and try harder to get 100% win ration...but...should I?

Last edited:
The further I ever got was 80 something...but then I took a long brake since I lost my copy of the game, eventually, ended up deleting the save.
A few years later got a new copy, but didn't wen far though.
Then GT4 comes out, and that's when I really did put GT3 aside.

But now, I'm on a mission to fully complete all the GT series to 100% complete, all licenses gold, and if possible, 100% win ratio!

I never knew those time trials in arcade mode gave you something, I won them all expect complex string, since I never had that much experience back then.

Also; I'm currently over 30% complete, but the win ratio is not going so good.
I have GT Concept, so I could easily star all over again with 10.000.000 Cr. and bronze licenses, and try harder to get 100% win ration...but...should I?

If you think that's what it takes , then go for it.
To give you a boost at it I can tell you that I've just started same challenge on GT3. 100% win ratio all licences gold and 100% completed in the lowest day count possible.
Just yesterday I went thru the fixed Time Trials and now I have the complex string left to acguire the Panoz Race Car. :sly:
(That TT at Complex String was the last race I did in my previous game save to archieve 100%. That moment ,when I realised that doing those Arcade fixed TT's will reward you with a car in GT mode was when I desided to go for this challenge.]

EDIT: Completed the last TT with time of 4'47.724

MadMax

Last edited:
If you think that's what it takes , then go for it.
To give you a boost at it I can tell you that I've just started same challenge on GT3. 100% win ratio all licences gold and 100% completed in the lowest day count possible.
Just yesterday I went thru the fixed Time Trials and now I have the complex string left to acguire the Panoz Race Car. :sly:
(That TT at Complex String was the last race I did in my previous game save to archieve 100%. That moment ,when I realised that doing those Arcade fixed TT's will reward you with a car in GT mode was when I desided to go for this challenge.]

EDIT: Completed the last TT with time of 4'47.724

MadMax

Hey thanks for the motivation friend! 👍 :dopey:
I didn't knew about the Panoz until recently.
I'm going to erase my current save file, and start a new one. I really don't mind how many in-game days will take me, I would just like to have it as barging rights lol :dopey:

I'm currently finishing GT1, all thanks to you, those save files with the gold licenses gave me the motivation that I needed! :sly:

Can someone tell me, why my 'winratio' = 100% but with 'complete' it sticks at 99%, with only one race to go... Complex string :nervous:(time trial no. 10)

When I get the fasted times in the first time trials, the 'complete' number went slowly up, but somewhere time trial no. 5 it stayed on 99%.:grumpy: even when I got first places in time trial 6, 7, 8, 9 and.... :guilty: unfortunally not (yet) 10.

I've played the game several times, the first times with cheats :indiff: and now with no cheats, and I want to reach the 100% 'complete'

The game does that.

It sticks at 99.0% and progress towards 100% is not shown.

When/if you complete the last time trial it will suddenly bump up to 100%.

👍 thanks sportswagon! Now try to take the last bump... :nervous: My last time was 5.06 min. Sixteen sec. to go faster, but first heal my hand :yuck: blisters on my fingers (quote from The Beatles/John Lennon) :lol:

I seriously doubt anyone still checks this but after completing about 95 percent several years ago I've decided I finally want to try and accomplish 100% in this and GT4.

After finishing the F1 tournament Professional I have achieved 97.9%. The only race I have anything other than a gold in is race 4 of the Professional Vitz tournament, it should also be noted I only have 1 gold licence. Does anyone know the % value of getting all gold licences?

Will I need to redo the entire Vitz tournament with all golds or can I select that one race I have silver and get a gold in it and come closer to 100%?

Gold licences don't carry any percentage at all.

Are the races you're missing the ten Arcade Mode Time Trials?

Last edited:
Gold licences don't carry any percentage at all.

Are the races you're missing the ten Arcade Mode Time Trials?

It turns out I never did the time trials in arcade mode, I just finished 1 and now I'm up to 98.0%. Gone to start in on the other 9 before I go back to Vitz professional race 4.

Thanks

Back