The 20 tracks issue is really bugging me

well i know one thing for sure is that there will be more than one rally track so expect most of the previous GT rally tracks to return cause for now we only have 1 which is Toscana.

Me personally, i am not really interested in previous GT rally tracks.Point to point stages & special stages are what i am interested in.

Reverse versions should not be counted. They would bump up the total track number enormously.

We have no way of determining whether PD are including reverse versions in their count.

As it is, I think that assuming we've seen half of all available tracks in the GamesCom demo and two thirds overall and that, somehow, the remaining handful will account for more "variations" between them than the tracks we already know is... foolish.

The GamesCom demo accounting for less than a quarter makes more sense (less than a seventh... maybe, but I'd struggle to come up with 70 entirely unique tracks adding together all previous GTs) and if Kazunori was including reverse/short tracks, 45 unique circuits would lend itself to 70-80 tracks. GT4 had 35 unique circuits and 54 tracks.

Assuming that PD are working on the tracks in the "unintentionally leaked" list (which would include some tracks returning from past games) and adding the confirmed tracks we would already be at around 70 total tracks if we count reverse versions of original circuits:

fewu.png

There would be also too many things missing for all the championships that supposedly have been included in the game.
Do you think there will be around 30-31 unique tracks for a total of about 70 variations including reverse versions? Personally, I don't.

Anyway, I'm not implying that this will be the final list. My point is that adding reverse versions to the count inflates the total track number too much.

Last edited:
That's just a silly assumption. There's absolutely no reason to suggest we'd suddenly get such a ratio of variations per circuit. It was never like that in older GT's, nor was it in Prologue, and it also doesn't hold true for the circuits that are already confirmed for GT5. There's just a lack of logic in your argument.
Hey listen...I don't mind if you don't agree but at least give me something to chew on. As far as I can tell you're taking offense rather than discussing an opinion.

Regardless I'll continue to rein in my expectations considering the mammoth undertaking PD have managed up to now. I'll also continue to consider my opinion against what we factually know rather than fabricated lists in magazines and on forums. That's the information I put Kaz's comment in context to.

Right now that means 16 circuits with 25 variations.

Hey listen...I don't mind if you don't agree but at least give me something to chew on. As far as I can tell you're taking offense rather than discussing an opinion.

Regardless I'll continue to rein in my expectations considering the mammoth undertaking PD have managed up to now. I'll also continue to consider my opinion against what we factually know rather than fabricated lists in magazines and on forums. That's the information I put Kaz's comment in context to.

Right now that means 16 circuits with 25 variations.

Having an opinion is fine and all, but if you're making unsubstantiated assumptions (like +- 10 circuits having +- 50 variations), you should at least explain the logic behind that argument. Otherwise it isn't a very insightful post to be honest, meant in a non-offense way if that's possible.

What I'd like to know is why you have that opinion.

I wonder if PD would have stopped by Sebring after studying Daytona...Even if it's not in GT5, it just makes sense to drive over to Sebring during the same trip instead of making another special trip from Japan...

There's a slight possibility. I read that Yamauchi would have probably included something from ALMS. Sebring would be the perfect choice. However it wasn't in the "unintentionally leaked" real track reference material list we've seen last week, so that would decrease the chances of seeing it in GT5.

I believe that the PD staff might have visited multiple places during the trip made for studying Daytona and Indianapolis. At the very least they went to Pikes Peak (the speedway oval track too I wonder?), Bandimere Speedway (a drag strip not very far from Pikes Peak, for whatever reason), and Texas Motor Speedway (that even was in a video I think). They also probably stopped again at least at Infineon Raceway. If they are including Nascar (and acquiring all the licences, etc), surely that wouldn't only be for two ovals and a raceway, would it? (I hope so, at least).

The only problem, though, is that if they're going to add several more oval tracks (most of which have road course variations which would be of interest even to those who hate ovals), then the "20+ locations / 70+ variations" figures would appear even more implausible.

I'm secretely hoping it's more like "20+ countries / 70+ unique tracks (variations excluded)" :D

This was an IGN interview with Kaz at last years TGS, about 1:16 in, they refer it to 20 locations instead of tracks (though through the translator)
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/857126/gran-turismo-5/videos/tgs09sny_gt5_int_092709_wmvhd.html

English versions official Gran-Turismo.com web site refers to it as 20 Tracks
"The selection of over 1000 cars and 20 tracks contained in Gran Turismo 5, has a purpose backed by history and culture."

From the Official Japanese site:
今回『グランツーリスモ5』に収録される1,000車種以上のクルマ、20ロケーション以上のコースのセレクトには、歴史や文化に裏打ちされた狙いがあります

20ロケーション = Through the various translators come up with 20 Locations

Maybe location & tracks are the same in Japanese, seems to be a conflict between the Official Japanese site & the English sites. :)

20ロケーション以上のコース

Means "courses in over 20 locations".
Not "20 tracks", at least not directly.
The english version is wrongly translated in my opinion.

I wonder if PD would have stopped by Sebring after studying Daytona...Even if it's not in GT5, it just makes sense to drive over to Sebring during the same trip instead of making another special trip from Japan...

Same goes for Road America, and Mosport International Raceway, Mid-Ohio and on and on and on.

If they went to Daytona, they could have stopped by Homestead-Miami speedway too (it's not that close actually, but still in Florida). It's got an interesting road course layout (in addition to the oval) and a karting track.

I wonder if we'll things like DLC track packs for various countries like USA would include Road America, Willow Springs and anything else that hasn't been in the series before.

The issue isn't 'stopping by', it's licensing.

But keep your chin up; Panoz owns Sebring...and Road Atlanta...and Mosport. If Panoz is in GT5, I'd be willing to wager a 12-pack that those tracks will also be in the game. (2 of the 3 at minimum)

The issue isn't 'stopping by', it's licensing.

But keep your chin up; Panoz owns Sebring...and Road Atlanta...and Mosport. If Panoz is in GT5, I'd be willing to wager a 12-pack that those tracks will also be in the game. (2 of the 3 at minimum)

I'll see your 12 pack and double it for all three to be in the game.

Honestly, I don't think that having a lot of tracks is as important anymore. As long as they include some of the classics, like Laguna Seca, or Deep Forest, a smaller number, like 20-25, should be plenty. I'll be busy with the course editor anyways, which should allow for a huge number of unique circuits.

Assuming that PD are working on the tracks in the "unintentionally leaked" list (which would include some tracks returning from past games) and adding the confirmed tracks we would already be at around 70 total tracks if we count reverse versions of original circuits:

fewu.png

There would be also too many things missing for all the championships that supposedly have been included in the game.
Do you think there will be around 30-31 unique tracks for a total of about 70 variations including reverse versions? Personally, I don't.

Anyway, I'm not implying that this will be the final list. My point is that adding reverse versions to the count inflates the total track number too much.

I haven't seen that list yet and it is disheartening (if true) that there are only 3 original circuits. Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, and Apricot Hill have nearly established themselves as mainstays in the GT franchise. I hope they make the cut. I would understand (from a business standpoint) if PD/Sony include them as paid DLC.

Here's to hoping they are in the full-game though! :gtpflag:

November 2nd is coming up awfully quick!

If we look at the tracks we are absolutly sure so far, there is 2 ovals for Nascar? I don't see Nascar agreeing with PD for that. 1 kart track (purpose built)? Those are short and quick to program. 1 PD track? This might be the biggest surprise, all they need is HD assets and voila!, no photographs and precise track measurements, those circuits might all be back. We might have 70 uniques, 100 with variations not including reverse, not that I'm expecting it, but once you learn there is only 200 premium cars, something big is missing, and it won't be motorcycles.

If we look at the tracks we are absolutly sure so far, there is 2 ovals for Nascar? I don't see Nascar agreeing with PD for that. 1 kart track (purpose built)? Those are short and quick to program. 1 PD track? This might be the biggest surprise, all they need is HD assets and voila!, no photographs and precise track measurements, those circuits might all be back. We might have 70 uniques, 100 with variations not including reverse, not that I'm expecting it, but once you learn there is only 200 premium cars, something big is missing, and it won't be motorcycles.

I agree with you, we might have 70 uniques with 100 variation, in the "unintentionally leaked" list as you said there's only 2 ovals for Nascar, not enough for a series where there is about 30 ou 40 different tracks (sorry I don't know the exact number, but we won't have them all for sure).

Also we know there will be karts in GT5, and we have only 2 Karting track :dunce:, I don't why PD announced to us for Karts if there were only two karting track for the game...In the GT series there are some tracks who are really good for karts like the Autumn Ring Mini or Motorland, and Motor Sports Land from GT2 and Clubman Stage R5 :).

not enough for a series where there is about 30 ou 40 different tracks (sorry I don't know the exact number, but we won't have them all for sure).
Sprint cup has 36 races per season but many tracks have two dates so 20 is a better guess.

As for NASCAR oval tracks, personally I'd expect at least a few others of the really popular ones, for example Bristol and Talladega.
To be honest, with all the series featured in the game and the probable return of old GT glories, I can't see the track list possibly have only around 30-35 unique tracks. The "70 variations" figure too sounds small once one starts to realize that several track variations should be trivial to make (infield road tracks for ovals, existing karting facilities at or around real tracks, etc).

I wonder how large the track list will turn out to be in the final release.

lost in translation, what i believe is 20 Countries over 70 tracks, cause the number of tracks has always increased.
690466945.png

Last edited:
The Dutch GT5 site form Sony is stating the next;
With 20 tracks and different lay outs, there will be 70 different courses to race at.

When it comes to ovals, Motegi will be up the list aswell 👍

Don't know if this has already been discussed, but what about rally tracks. Does one location contain several stages and each stage is considered different track?

lost in translation, what i believe is 20 locations over 70 total tracks, cause the number of tracks has always increased.
690466945.png

The track count there excludes reverse versions, but includes variations. Counting only unique tracks, this would be the track count:

Gran Turismo 1 ... 8
Gran Turismo 2 ... 23
Gran Turismo 3 ... 19 (slighly less unique tracks than GT2)
Gran Turismo 4 ... 39

The track count there excludes reverse versions, but includes variations. Counting only unique tracks, this would be the track count:

Gran Turismo 1 ... 8
Gran Turismo 2 ... 23
Gran Turismo 3 ... 19 (slighly less unique tracks than GT2)
Gran Turismo 4 ... 39

okay, so what do you think? cause i still thing we would get over 70 tracks SPA

Back