The 2009 Ford Ka: US Bound? Depends on How Much Cash Ford Wants to Make

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 151 comments
  • 8,618 views
I just realized that the sunburst on the rear of the car matches those on the seat. Is that something they offer regularly over there?
 
I just realized that the sunburst on the rear of the car matches those on the seat. Is that something they offer regularly over there?

It has some kind of indistinguishable logo just under the wing mirror, i guess it's some kind of special edition? To be honest, i thought it was a watermark when i first looked at the picture.
 
At least the product placement isn't as blatant as the AMC Hornet vs Matador chase...
I dunno. At least with that one only required a small leap of faith to understand (that they sold AMCs in Thailand). I don't think one could possibly explain away what business the lowly Ka is has in a bond movie.
 
It has some kind of indistinguishable logo just under the wing mirror, i guess it's some kind of special edition? To be honest, i thought it was a watermark when i first looked at the picture.

Well given that it says "Hydrogen" on the bonnet I'd suggest it is really quite a special edition! Would also explain the graphics surrounding the fuel filler cap.
 
What? where's the car? I don't see it. xD
 
*Goes and buys a Ka before Ford ruins it*

Actually seeing the images there makes me dislike it even more. As others have said, it's completely lost the flair and iconic...ness of the original. Now it just looks like a squidged Fiesta. Not impressed. And neither was my Ka owning sister when I showed her the pics.
 
thumb800x800_2763975528_963a028fe7_o.jpg


I have a question:

Does SHE come with the car???

Yeah. This car will be the first to come with an additional tranny.
 
ARG! I thought the age of putting tacky stickers and vinyls on 'special editions' was over.... they make cars look horridly cheap :yuck: If its something special at least give it a metal badge or something.

Just noticed the seat upholstery also has that pattern :yuck:

Robin
 
:lol: Actually, I don't think it was intended as a sticker so much as it was as an aid to let you know where to fill it up... You know like if us bloks go over there we gotta know what side the filler cap is on and vise versa. 💡

@Omnis Oh come on...
 
Last edited:
:lol: Actually I don't think it was intended as a sticker so much as it was as an aid to let you know where to fill it up...

:lol:..... thats a good one ;)
 
They're not as bad as the ones you can specify on the current one.

car_photo_222239_5.jpg


And look at those rims!
 
Perhaps they felt the need to compensate for the butterflies.
 
^Actually it looks like S&M bOObies now. 💡

Hawtness me say. 👍

soohuw.jpg
 
Oh-ho-ho-ho, clever. nice 'chop.
 
Hahaha brilliant! :lol:.... perfect for the target market! ;) Door handle needs an 'open here!'

EDIT - Joking aside, does anyone think they have kinda over feminised the Ka's styling? Blokes will want to buy a cheap and well built car also and I think they would have been happier in the old one from an image point of view.

Robin
 
Last edited:
EDIT - Joking aside, does anyone think they have kinda over feminised the Ka's styling? Blokes will want to buy a cheap and well built car also and I think they would have been happier in the old one from an image point of view.

Robin

I agree, yeah. I mean the old one wasn't exactly macho, but in that photo it looks like a frigging handbag. I wouldn't drive one.
 
:lol: Thanks, yeah...

This better? xD

LMAO! :lol: The funny thing is it actually works with the theme :sick: Steering wheel info very useful ;)

I agree, yeah. I mean the old one wasn't exactly macho, but in that photo it looks like a frigging handbag. I wouldn't drive one.

Yeah is wasn't macho but it 'would do' looks wise. With this I could see people staring at you :scared: or rather you would always feel like people were.. In that bronze colour it seriously looks like an accessory to an outfit or something!

Robin
 
I quite like this new Ka. I want it on US soil.
 
Not that I'd get them myself, Ford do some rather nice Minilite-style ones that suit it well. I agree with you though, part of me is tempted to get a Ka before Ford bring out the new one and all the old ones get driven into the ground.

Or ruined.

media


Just found that on Auto trader while searching for a SportKa. Vomit ensued.
 
💡 At least it's all... one color.
 
Or ruined.

Just found that on Auto trader while searching for a SportKa. Vomit ensued.

Gah I hate when people do that. I've often considered buying a completely standard Saxo VTR/VTS and squirelling it away in a garage somewhere so that in the future people will know what a standard one looked like and I can sell it to a museum as the last un-molested example ever.

Actually, now you mention it...

Check out the wheels on the one at the back though. Is it just me or do Minilites suit the Ka equally as well as they suit the Mini?
 
They really do, yeah. I did see a Zetec with those on the other day and it looked great - really fresh.
 
Someone Must Have Filled Mullaly's Cup with Maker's Mark This Morning...

Autoblog
Ford has said in the past that it wasn't looking to bring its lovable little Ka subcompact to the United States, but increased demand for fuel efficient transportation has the Dearborn-based automaker rethinking its plans. The Ka is very popular in Europe, where fuel-sipping cars have long been accepted, but the tiny Ka has never been sold here in the States. The new Ka, which was shown off in Paris last week, carries Ford's European Kinetic Design theme that is shared with the larger Fiesta and Focus, but in a much smaller package.

Ford CEO Alan Mulally told a local Detroit radio station this morning that many within Ford Motor Company would like to bring the Ka across the pond, and that executives are reassessing the situation. The new Ka hits European showrooms in early 2009, and even if the Ka does come here, we likely won't see the sub-compact until 2011 at the earliest. With fuel prices in constant flux, we're guessing MPG-conscious customers will make the Ka a safe bet for Ford in the U.S.

The Ka is coming! The Ka is coming!

Okay, maybe the Ka will come, but nevertheless, it seems like Ford is actually doing a good job of thinking things through these days. I'd still rather have a Fiesta, but lets be honest, if the Ka serves itself up as pretty-damn-good transportation for right at (or under) $10,000 its a steal against the Aveo and Rio (both Fiesta-sized)...
 
Issue: At that price, It's competing with used cars.
 
Back