The 2013 Confederations Cup

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 197 comments
Tahiti have it in the bag.

What was the score in the end for Spain-Uruguay? I went to sleep at around the 75 min mark when it was 2-0 Spain..

3-2 Uruguay, Forlan hat-trick on 89', 90+1' and 90+2'.

:sly:

Edit: my god Tahiti have actually scored!

Last edited:
Tahiti score! Amazing but if you are watching the game at the moment, it is easy to see why. Nigeria just haven't looked like they want to win this. Credit to Tahiti for scoring though.

This hasn't been a crushing as I was expecting. Spain are gonna absolutely wipe the floor with Tahiti though.

That was a huge goal for Tahiti, the whole team and staff when crazy. It's really nice to see actually.

But if Nigeria beat them 6-1, I hate to think what Spain will do. And Uruguay.

Tahiti are the San Marino of this tournament!

No games tonight, Brazil-Mexico and Italy-Japan are tomorrow nights games..

So its Brazil-Mexico at 8 (British time) tonight, Mexico have beaten Brazil in 6 out of the last 11 meetings..

Italy-Japan is the second game..

So its Brazil-Mexico at 8 (British time) tonight, Mexico have beaten Brazil in 6 out of the last 11 meetings..

Italy-Japan is the second game..
Those should be pretty even matches IMO. I'm going to go with a Brazil win and a draw in the other game.

Brazil ):

The way Mexico is playing, well, I don't see them having a chance. Brazil might not inflict much damage, but given Mexico's absolute lack of game...

Of course, I could be way wrong and Brazil could absolutely destroy Mexico. Sadly, I can't see the opposite happening.

I can't believe this is basically the same team that won gold at the Olympics. Really, wtf.

Brazil ):

The way Mexico is playing, well, I don't see them having a chance. Brazil might not inflict much damage, but given Mexico's absolute lack of game...

Of course, I could be way wrong and Brazil could absolutely destroy Mexico. Sadly, I can't see the opposite happening.

I can't believe this is basically the same team that won gold at the Olympics. Really, wtf.

They're playing pretty decent actually, I was expecting a 4-0 ATM

Last edited:
Decent performance from Mexico, the atmosphere sounded incredible - and that's just from the TV!

They're playing pretty decent actually, I was expecting a 4-0 ATM

Brazil didn't destroy us because they didn't want to...

They shouldn't even bother to show up for the final game... they are done...

The more I see them "playing" (if we can call it that way), the more I see in the near future a World Cup without Mexico on it...

Shame to see Japan slip behind near the very end after the going 2 goals ahead in the first half, then come close to going level moments later.

At least they put on a good show.

One of the best international games I've ever seen, easily the best game of the tournament so far. Massive credit to Japan for the positive attitude that they showed, they were insanely unlucky.

Japan seriously should have won that, at least 3 near misses in the second half, with what must have been about 90% possession.

I was rooting for Japan too, shame they didn't get these 3 points.

Dammit, the only game I haven't watched so far and it turns out to be the "best game of the tournament."

I watched the first half and missed the second :grumpy:

Anyway tonight's games are the anticipated match up between Spain and Tahiti (which was in doubt because of a huge Protest that'll be outside the stadium before ko, but it will go ahead) and Uruguay v Nigeria...

How likely is it that either Suarez or Cavani get the Golden Boot just because they're against Tahiti?

And Tahiti to get less than 20% possession tonight.:lol:

I don't they'll really care about score tonight, wanna know why, well they are playing against Spain in the Maracana...think about that for a second, the world and European Champions at the most iconic stadium in the world! I mean, that's something to tell your grandkids!!

Spain 1 nil up after 4 mins thanks to Torres but haven't really done that much since, about 25 mins played now...

Last edited:
The tahiti goalkeeper has had to pick up 4 goals behind his back and its not even HT. Oh well RIP tahiti :lol:

Tahiti have done very well. Only 4-0 at half time. I can see more goals after half time as Spain will just make them chase the ball and they are semi professional so don't have as good fitness as Spain.

6-0 Torres hattrick, so Spain are obviously through to the semis then the other place will be down to Uruguay and Nigeria who play later...there's a lot riding on that game now! Uruguay need the win more because they lost to Spain and Nigeria beat Tahiti..

Back