The 2013 Confederations Cup

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 197 comments
this is going to be double figures..theres still over 20 mins left!

I loved that huge cheer when Torres hit the bar! and the keepers celebrating! :lol:

9-0 Torres get revenge!

And theres 10!!!

Last edited:
:lol: At the Torres miss.

At his last goal, I found myself saying "It's Torres, (Gary Neville orgasm) Un-Believe-able. :lol:

Fantastic scenes at the end though, Tahiti have won a lot of peoples respect!

A lot riding on Uruguay-Nigeria, If Nigeria win then they are through and Uruguay are out...

Fantastic scenes at the end though, Tahiti have won a lot of peoples respect!

A lot riding on Uruguay-Nigeria, If Nigeria win then they are through and Uruguay are out...
Yeah, I love the amount of cheers they get from the supporters. Also, I'm predicting Uruguay to go through.

So Uruguay just won by the looks of it last night, its between them and Nigeria to qualify now

No games tonight, tomorrow nights games are Brazil-Italy (both are already through) and Japan-Mexico (both are already out)

Also, these protests are getting serious now, there was a massive one outside the Maracana before the Spain-Tahiti game in which one person died, there was rumours that the rest of the tournament would be abandoned but FIFA have denied that...

The protests are meaningless when it comes to changing the political scenario, people can't even agree on what they are demanding. I'm dead serious, many are just seizing the opportunity to do some noise and some of them are just there to loot stores. :irked:

Tahiti was just adorable, they had breakfast with kids from a slumber in Rio, gave native presents to manifest and publicize their culture and are the underdog of the underdogs in this competition. Seriously, we were rooting so hard for them that we literally were shouting at the office. :lol:

I can really see Balotelli and Luiz having a bout of fisticuffs this match. They are both getting quite heated and its only 10 minutes in.

I can really see Balotelli and Luiz having a bout of fisticuffs this match. They are both getting quite heated and its only 10 minutes in.
Not anymore, Luiz gone off with what looks like a groin strain.

I think it was a dead leg from an earlier challenge. Abate went off too with what looked like a dislocated shoulder.

Brazil 1-0 up thanks to Dante.

Boring game so far.

Brazil 4-2 Italia.

Brazil wins the group, and Italia meets Spain. :dopey:
Not certain yet, if Nigeria beat Spain and Uruguay beat Tahiti by 12 goals or more, Uruguay top the group. Of course very unlikely and what's even more unlikely is if the above happens and Spain lose by 8 goals or more, they drop to third and Uruguay and Nigeria go through.

Not certain yet, if Nigeria beat Spain and Uruguay beat Tahiti by 12 goals or more, Uruguay top the group. Of course very unlikely and what's even more unlikely is if the above happens and Spain lose by 8 goals or more, they drop to third and Uruguay and Nigeria go through.
That picky eh? :sly:

Cmon, it's more or less impossible for those scenarios to happen.

12 goals against Tahiti shouldn't be too hard and as far as I remember, USA beat Spain in the last confederations Cup. Nigeria are probably about the same calibre.

lol j/k, they have no chance.

Wow, Nigeria is giving quite a challenge to the spaniards, if their strikers were a bit less clunky they'd already have the equalizer. Eneyama(and the post) is the best of first half to me, though.

Wow, Nigeria is giving quite a challenge to the spaniards, if their strikers were a bit less clunky they'd already have the equalizer. Eneyama(and the post) is the best of first half to me, though.
They were unlucky not to get anything from that game IMO. 8-0 to Uruguay in the other game meaning Tahiti's GD over 3 games is -23. I feel bad for them.

I thought no one on GTP cared about this tournament this entire time because there isn't a bloody Football tag on the thread. :grumpy:

They were unlucky not to get anything from that game IMO. 8-0 to Uruguay in the other game meaning Tahiti's GD over 3 games is -23. I feel bad for them.

I'd say the same, they had the opportunity to shoot from under the bar post twice and still didn't score. Nevertheless, Nigeria has a quite young squad( averaging 23y-o if I'm not mistaken) , they may improve in due time.

Spain was Spain, decisive when they wanted to be, they did show pretty lame defensive consistency but the game was not worth much for them, so I presume they never turned the dial all the way to eleven in this match.

If they don't have the ball, they can't attack and can't defend well, though taking the ball from the spaniards is already a pretty harsh challenge by itself.

To me Tahiti is ( was ) playing the Conf. Cup as a prize for their efforts so far, imagine if you were in their position ( eg. not being a professional footballer and having a regular day job ) and playing in a legendary stadium against the current world champions. I'd say they were having a ball. :D

Back