The 2013 Confederations Cup

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MUSC4EVER, Jun 8, 2013.

1. marxlien

marxlien

[​IMG]

Xavi knew...

"Footballistically" the decision of ramos being in charge of the penalties has no sense, Iniesta, Xavi, Torres, Mata... almost everyone on Spain can shoot better than Ramos, he only know how to cheat and make fouls, totally an overrated player, if he were in any other team he would be in the bench.

2. Dan_

Dan_ Premium

Great win by our team. Spain did not play badly tonight, the truth is that their so called tiki-taka scheme can be overpowered by harsh and continuous marking, and effective striking from the sides. Italy could have done it as well, but perhaps not as beautifully as we did tonight. And dare I say, the yellow shirt did play a part on the victory as well, Italy could hold it's own better than the spaniards against us.

Great match by Sideshow Bob, I'm an admirer of his mental play style but he was incredible today. Neymar was himself again tonight, there isn't another Brazilian (player :D) that even comes close to him when it comes to sheer talent. If he does improve his physical prowess without losing his agility, he has Ronaldo and Romario potential.

Funny that this worthless tournament meant so much, that's because the Spanish squad (and press) itself made a big deal out of the game. I'll love to read MundoDeportivo and Marca tomorrow by the morning. :lol:

EDIT: Just another add-on: What the hell is Álvaro Arbeloa doing in a national team? He sucks. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  3. Ross

Ross Premium

Spain totally outclassed. Brazil played brilliantly from the start as well. The atmosphere was incredible. Especially the anthem, so much passion.

4. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

I really enjoyed the tournament, some great games, great goals and only one 0-0...it certainly filled the football void for a few weeks!

5. Ross

Ross Premium

That's a bit like Euro 2012 then. IIRC there were only 2 0-0's in the tournament. And yeah, it did fill that void. Let the transfers begin now though.

6. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid Premium

Why do I have the feeling the players on the Spanish team are playing Brazil again on Fifa 13 only its on Easy?

7. TyrrellRacing

TyrrellRacing Premium

It was a great tournament; it wasn't so important that the teams became scared and rigid, yet it was important enough that they still wanted to win.

8. cuco33

cuco33

I did not expect this! And this is why the game still needs to be played!! Really thought Spain would romp Brazil but it was the other way around.

9. hondalicious

hondalicious

Nice to see Brazil winning, never thought Spain was going to lose ahead of the game.

10. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Brazil have climbed from 22nd to 8th in the rankings after winning the Confederations Cup, Spain are still at the top (it going to take more than that to knock them off!)...and England have dropped to 15th!

11. Akmuq

Akmuq

Columbia 3rd... *facepalm*

12. marxlien

marxlien

you mean Colombia?

13. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

How the hell are Colombia 3rd?!

14. Ross

Ross Premium

That's what I thought when I saw the rankings. They haven't played any competitive match for some time now yet Italy, who won 4 matches at world level, only move up 2 places to 6th.

15. marxlien

marxlien

maybe it is for the WC qualifiers, since they changed manager they are doing really well.

16. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

It's a bloddy mistery. Seriously, I don't know how FIFA comes up with those weird rankings :crazy:

17. ASH32

ASH32

Nobody does, FIFA's rankings are worse than any other sport that I know of. :crazy:

18. Hyped

Hyped

I thought the bigger flag would be Croatia at 8th. What have they done?