The 2013 Confederations Cup

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 197 comments
BOC58urCUAA7ecB.jpg:large

Xavi knew...

"Footballistically" the decision of ramos being in charge of the penalties has no sense, Iniesta, Xavi, Torres, Mata... almost everyone on Spain can shoot better than Ramos, he only know how to cheat and make fouls, totally an overrated player, if he were in any other team he would be in the bench.

Great win by our team. Spain did not play badly tonight, the truth is that their so called tiki-taka scheme can be overpowered by harsh and continuous marking, and effective striking from the sides. Italy could have done it as well, but perhaps not as beautifully as we did tonight. And dare I say, the yellow shirt did play a part on the victory as well, Italy could hold it's own better than the spaniards against us.

Great match by Sideshow Bob, I'm an admirer of his mental play style but he was incredible today. Neymar was himself again tonight, there isn't another Brazilian (player :D) that even comes close to him when it comes to sheer talent. If he does improve his physical prowess without losing his agility, he has Ronaldo and Romario potential.

Funny that this worthless tournament meant so much, that's because the Spanish squad (and press) itself made a big deal out of the game. I'll love to read MundoDeportivo and Marca tomorrow by the morning. :lol:

EDIT: Just another add-on: What the hell is Álvaro Arbeloa doing in a national team? He sucks. :confused:

Last edited:
Spain totally outclassed. Brazil played brilliantly from the start as well. The atmosphere was incredible. Especially the anthem, so much passion.

I really enjoyed the tournament, some great games, great goals and only one 0-0...it certainly filled the football void for a few weeks!

I really enjoyed the tournament, some great games, great goals and only one 0-0...it certainly filled the football void for a few weeks!
That's a bit like Euro 2012 then. IIRC there were only 2 0-0's in the tournament. And yeah, it did fill that void. Let the transfers begin now though.

It was a great tournament; it wasn't so important that the teams became scared and rigid, yet it was important enough that they still wanted to win.

I did not expect this! And this is why the game still needs to be played!! Really thought Spain would romp Brazil but it was the other way around.

Brazil have climbed from 22nd to 8th in the rankings after winning the Confederations Cup, Spain are still at the top (it going to take more than that to knock them off!)...and England have dropped to 15th!

Back