the 2018 FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships are underway and live

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 217 comments
It’s a shame that there were internet problems (I’m not sure if there still are?) between Japan and Australia. When Nik was driving really nose to tail/side by side with the Japanese guys, on Nik’s stream he was really close but making clean moves, but on the Japanese driver’s stream Nik was aggressively bumping him and making dangerous moves, giving him a 15 second penalty in an important FIA race. I saw this happen a few times too.

After that some Japanese guys could get the impression that he is dirty, or foreigners are dirty. Whereas, the lag is making him look like he is driving a different way.

The Internet problems are because Nik is in Macedonia, which means he is technically racing in the wrong region (He should be in EMEA really)

To all my friends from Quebec, we can't enter...

View attachment 745229

That was predictable! Go Canada (excl. Quebec)!

I messaged the Fédération québécoise de sports électroniques (FQSE) about this situation. (We can participate in Online competition since November 2016 mostly due to their hard work).

They then sent Official emails, but currently waiting on replies.

to be continued...

I messaged the Fédération québécoise de sports électroniques (FQSE) about this situation. (We can participate in Online competition since November 2016 mostly due to their hard work).

They then sent Official emails, but currently waiting on replies.

to be continued...

I also got a message from the FQSE on Facebook earlier today. They told me they got numerous messages from GT players and, like you just said, they’re contacting the people in charge of the contest. Hopefully, we’ll either be able to jump in before the Final Season or, at least, in 2019.

I also got a message from the FQSE on Facebook earlier today. They told me they got numerous messages from GT players and, like you just said, they’re contacting the people in charge of the contest. Hopefully, we’ll either be able to jump in before the Final Season or, at least, in 2019.
It would be interesting to know how many of the approved eSport events were held via the PlayStation, and not just PC.
Or, for that matter, if there are addition restraints applied to console gaming at all.

Either way, it's good to see the general public pushing local authorities towards change and highlighting these types of issues.
Keep up the good work. 👍

It would be interesting to know how many of the approved eSport events were held via the PlayStation, and not just PC.
Or, for that matter, if there are addition restraints applied to console gaming at all.

Either way, it's good to see the general public pushing local authorities towards change and highlighting these types of issues.
Keep up the good work. 👍

Codemasters’ F1 eSports Championship allows Quebec players to enter on all three platforms. There’s no distinction between eSports based on PC/Console.

46F789E1-F9C1-4999-83C9-4B1369A9122C.jpeg

Codemasters’ F1 eSports Championship allows Quebec players to enter on all three platforms. There’s no distinction between eSports based on PC/Console.

View attachment 746030
Interesting to note that the link to the General Rules has been removed from the "au" (Aus.) FIA legal doc., but it remains in the "gb" (Great Britain) doc.
Also that it now mentions 2 different "promoters".
Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. (Japan)
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited (London)
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/legal/fia-gran-turismo-championships-2018-competition/
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/fia-gran-turismo-championships-2018-competition/

Things have certainly changed in the past week, and hopefully there are more changes still incoming.

I only mention it because it is the General Rules that endlessly uses the word "promotion".
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/general-rules-for-prize-promotions/

Probably grasping at straws, but anyway. :lol:
At least there is evidence of the rules being modified.

Back