the 2018 FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships are underway and live

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 217 comments
"Starting time for each race, every day: 15:10, 16:10, 17:10, 18:10, 19:10. Please notice that players may enter and participate in only one (1) of these races per day."

I've complained about this since FIA events started and PD seem to just not give af about people that have jobs. That's 3pm-7pm here on west coast USA. Maybe some of us will get one of the races in, but I doubt most working folk will be able to do both. For some time zones it's probably even worse than this.

I don't get this either. It's bad enough that there are two Nations and two Manufacturers races per week, but on top of that they have these compressed timeslots. I'm GMT-3 so it's 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 hs. That's shower time, homework time, dinner time, for the kids and family. I can make the Wednesday races at 23:10 but Saturday evening is absolutely off limits. That's family and friends time.

Why on Earth they don't spread out the timeslots a bit is beyond me. Like 9, 12, 15, 18, 21. There you would have most of the day covered and accomodate for odd work/school schedules. Not to mention that probably half of the USA accounts are from halfway across the world because someone doesn't have PSN in their country or they use USA accounts because the pricing is better.

Once the FIA season starts, the alien swarm will knock me back to around 50-60K DR. At least, that's where I feel I really am speed-wise compared to everyone I've encountered so far.
I respectfully disagree. You deserve your DR and won't drop anywhere near the 50-60k range. Feel free to prove me wrong if we're in a race together. ;)

he be watching
Someone should ask him whether we'd get bonus points for getting ahead of a Ferrari in a Mercedes.
I respectfully disagree. You deserve your DR and won't drop anywhere near the 50-60k range. Feel free to prove me wrong if we're in a race together. ;)
Depends on the room. I'll never forget how I started so far back at Suzuka in a super alien room despite putting in some practice and a decent lap. I could only manage 12th and lost about 1K DR points in the process.

Good point sunday, especially since we had to chose our local areas in the country.

My situation is that Croatia is 🤬 up again, but I am currently living and working in the UK with permanent residence, although I don't have their passport and wont have it in the next 4 years. Since they didn't define exactly what a resident mean to them and what proof of address shall we need to supply, I might get completely excluded from this if it's citizenship :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the FIA season starts, the alien swarm will knock me back to around 50-60K DR. At least, that's where I feel I really am speed-wise compared to everyone I've encountered so far.
The aliens are a difficult breed. I see myself as a high A/low A+ but occasionally I’ll race aliens and keep up, and it gets me wondering. Other times the same players are pulling literally seconds off me each lap. Guess they have to be in the mood to be alien fast! No doubt they will be for these events.

To all my friends from Quebec, we can't enter...

InkedIMG_3815_LI.jpg

That was predictable! Go Canada (excl. Quebec)!

I just signed a contract with Honda and now the sport mode menu says "No Championship Series event data found." Anybody else? :confused:

EDIT: I see the championships now. My PS4's been on the fritz lately in terms of internet speeds. Hope this doesn't cause problems in the races.

Last edited:
Online contests usually exclude Quebec... 🤬

We have very strict consumer protection laws related to contests. They usually need to make a security deposit of about 10% of the estimated value of the prize to Loto Québec. Most companies don’t bother complying with them and exclude us.

Arizona probably has laws restricting gambling and stuff?

Last edited:
I'm not nearly good enough to compete, but i find it funny that my Country (Norway) that has 0.9% of the total playerbase (active and non active) is an eligable country :lol:

Bummer, there a bunch of very fast guys from QC. On the plus side being in ON I feel like my chances got better, so it's a mixed bag of feelings haha.

That’s the price we pay for milking other provinces with our Loto Quebec lottery tickets haha

Hopefully, Team Canada is still strong enough to fight! At least one FT driver is out. And many other A+ guys...

It’s ridiculous as we’ve been doing 25+ seasons and we learn at the last minute that we’re not eligible to enter the FIA Championships.

I’m not surprised, but until this morning, I was ready to race my way to a decent ranking in Canada and for Ferrari.

It's not just you guys who are not eligible to enter, it goes far further than that but in quite a hidden way. I suffer a muscular disability that varies in strength from one day to the next. Muscle memory is not a thing i have! I very much depend upon the use of driving aids to make me even slightly competetive. Ive had some decent results, but without the driver aids i would without a shadow of doubt had none. So now they have eliminated all driver assists except TC. This puts the FIA element purely in the hands of the best drivers and takes any fun element of entering right out of it. I know ive not got any chance of even getting close to the top guys but i would like to have been able to enter just for fun. Im a good clean S rated racer but now I feel ive been discriminated against because im not the skilled elite. Bad move PD, bad move.

I honestly didn’t read the whole thing as soon as I saw Quebec is out. I feel bad for those in your situation... @Lebowski

They throw all this a few hours before it starts. I don’t use CSA, ASM or TCS but I never prevented anyone from using them.

So, i just quit mid race the manufacturers cup.

There was so much lag on the server that cars were randomly flying around the track. I think its because its 9pm here and everyone was trying to race. Anyway, it was so distracting and i was trying to do my best until a random car because of lag just slammed into me. Then i just quit. Will upload a video soon.
It’s not my internet connection and i disconnected all of the devices connected to my network.

That was just plain awful and painful to play.

Will link to the video as soon as it uploads.

Well, this is starting really well for me. Game crashed right before qualy in manufacturers. I really felt great practicing the combo, and I feel like this was the best combo of season 1 for me. Never had a game crash before in FIAs, I'm extremely pissed right now.

EDIT : this made me lose 1500 DR and 5 SR, so I wanted to do a daily to at elast get back to 99 SR, and as the countdown for matchamking went to 0, game crashed again. Never happened to me before, PS4 new from GT Sport launch. Starting to think the update might have screwed up something.

Last edited:
I
You're right. They're not there. Neither is México. But @hellZfirE confirmed that the terms you see vary by country. He logged in with his Brazilian account and saw Brazil and Argentina in there. Still not sure about Mexico though.
I logged Yesterday before manteinance and The Championship were not not visible so I think México Is out, so no FIA Championship for me :( :(

Back