the 2018 FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships are underway and live

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 217 comments
Well i am also pissed that people living in arizona like myself can not enter in these FIA championships. If i was able to enter the manufacturers cup, i would have selected either lamborghini or mclaren. But i spent a lot of time with this game and i cant enter this contest. Oh well, at least there are daily races to look forward to.

K32
Ooh, next batch of live events will be in October, just when Nik_Makozi should be turning 18. Yes, hope is restored!

@mclarenLB, no, that would be the Nissan GT-R, Peugeot VGT and the Corvette. They're all faster around the N24 layout, but the AMG GT is better on the GP circuit. Last time I checked Nissan also had better fuel consumption. AMG GT requires you to push all the time to get the most out of it.

EDIT: Sorry, it was slower and was better only on Nurb GP. So now it should be even slower.
And they put nations and manufacturers races on the same day again. Why do they have to punish us working people? I want to practice these races...

@Alpha Cipher

How about you?
I'm a month younger than him :) (November 22)

K32
Although now, when I read through the Star Player section in more detail, I feel a bit uneasy for Nik

I remember you reply Alpha somewhere before saying you are not Nik. I am 99% sure you are the other guy (or gal) in his youtube channel. Are you two brothers or sisters? Or you are his father?

I remember you reply Alpha somewhere before saying you are not Nik. I am 99% sure you are the other guy (or gal) in his youtube channel. Are you two brothers or sisters? Or you are his father?

@Alpha Cipher asked me if I was Makozi_Akademik, and no I'm not him. Like I said, I'm just a guy that likes to follow fast Aussie drivers. I'm in my early 40's, have a son of my own that's 16 and more into footy than racing, but I have been a Gran Turismo fan ever since the first instalment came out back in the 90's (still in the house somewhere lol)

how its possible to have over 2000 points? i had the permission to do only one race in suzuka....is possible to do more races or only one? thx

Well, this is starting really well for me. Game crashed right before qualy in manufacturers. I really felt great practicing the combo, and I feel like this was the best combo of season 1 for me. Never had a game crash before in FIAs, I'm extremely pissed right now.

EDIT : this made me lose 1500 DR and 5 SR, so I wanted to do a daily to at elast get back to 99 SR, and as the countdown for matchamking went to 0, game crashed again. Never happened to me before, PS4 new from GT Sport launch. Starting to think the update might have screwed up something.

It's something that's been happening to many of us occasionally. Sounds like you were particularly unlucky yesterday, and like restarting the game before joining a race might not always prevent it either... :scared:

how its possible to have over 2000 points?

The amount of FIA points that can be won in a race depends on the average number of DR points of all the drivers in it.

i had the permission to do only one race in suzuka....is possible to do more races or only one? thx

Everybody can only do one race per round.

Sorry, was busy and I didn't get to finish what I was trying to say. I know sometimes that I sound peculiar when talking about Nik, as if I could be his father or what not, but I am just one of those people who know that when they see someone with talent, they want to spread the word around so others can see it for themselves (and start doing the same thing, like a chain reaction). I might not be doing much, but I try to contribute however I can. When you think of fanbases of certain athletes, sportsmen, etc., there are followers, and there are real followers. The first just follow the person in question because they're currently famous (and in turn want to have a piece of the fame for themselves), but then there are the real followers, the ones to keep track of their idol even when they might be going through a rough patch, or are just a tad unlucky. Those guys are the ones who stick around, no matter what happens. I believe myself as one of those followers, with Nik being the star I like to keep an eye on. :)

Last edited:
The amount of FIA points that can be won in a race depends on the average number of DR points of all the drivers in it.

Everybody can only do one race per round.

ok thanx... so my poor points also depend on those improper drivers who make me take the penalties ....
....for assiduous drivers ... not best drivers....not meritocratic for this new championship .... my opinion

Last edited:
Why do the races happen so early?

Die Startzeiten für alle Rennen an jedem dieser Tage sind: 17:10 Uhr, 18:10 Uhr, 19:10 Uhr, 20:10 Uhr und 21:10 Uhr. Bitte beachten Sie, dass Sie pro Tag nur an einem (1) dieser Rennen teilnehmen können.

On most days I'll still be on the way home from work at 21:00.

Why can't we have it like Brazil or Asia where the races are still going at midnight? Don't PD realise that some people actually work?

Well i am also pissed that people living in arizona like myself can not enter in these FIA championships. If i was able to enter the manufacturers cup, i would have selected either lamborghini or mclaren. But i spent a lot of time with this game and i cant enter this contest. Oh well, at least there are daily races to look forward to.
You can enter and drive, but you cannot become Star player, drive Top24 races or go to live events.

K32
Sorry, was busy and I didn't get to finish what I was trying to say. I know sometimes that I sound peculiar when talking about Nik, as if I could be his father or what not, but I am just one of those people who know that when they see someone with talent, they want to spread the word around so others can see for themselves. I might not be doing much, but I try to contribute however I can. When you think of fanbases of certain athletes, sportsmen, etc., there are followers, and there are real followers. The first just follow the person in question because they're currently famous (and in turn want to have a piece of the fame for themselves), but then there are the real followers, the ones to keep track of their idol even when they might be going through a rough patch, or are just a tad unlucky. Those guys are the ones who stick around, no matter what happens. I believe myself as one of those followers, with Nik being the star I like to keep an eye on. :)

It’s a shame that there were internet problems (I’m not sure if there still are?) between Japan and Australia. When Nik was driving really nose to tail/side by side with the Japanese guys, on Nik’s stream he was really close but making clean moves, but on the Japanese driver’s stream Nik was aggressively bumping him and making dangerous moves, giving him a 15 second penalty in an important FIA race. I saw this happen a few times too.

After that some Japanese guys could get the impression that he is dirty, or foreigners are dirty. Whereas, the lag is making him look like he is driving a different way.

Last edited:
Why do the races happen so early?

On most days I'll still be on the way home from work at 21:00.

Why can't we have it like Brazil or Asia where the races are still going at midnight? Don't PD realise that some people actually work?

Are these times in UTC? I'm in Austria, which must be the same timezone as yours, and my races are from 19:00/19:10 to 23:00/23:10.

EDIT: Yes you're clearly mistaken.
Unbenannt.JPG

It’s a shame that their were internet problems (I’m not sure if there still are?) between Japan and Australia. When Nik was driving really nose to tail/side by side with the Japanese guys, on Nik’s stream he was really close but making clean moves, but on the Japanese driver’s screen Nik was aggressively bumping him and making dangerous moves, giving him a 15 second penalty in an important FIA race. I saw this happen a few times too.

After that some Japanese guys could get the impression that he is dirty, or foreigners are dirty. Whereas, the lag is making him look like he is driving a different way.

Ah yes, that would be shohei's stream of the Top 24 Superstars race with Gr.2 at Nurburgring GP. It happened on the kink of the straight before the final chicane, Nik was on the inside (cleanly on his stream), overtaking, while on shohei's side it appeared that Nik was almost forcing him off track, and thus the penalty. Would it be this part of Nik's stream that you're talking about?

K32
Would it be this part of Nik's stream that you're talking about?

Yep exactly, I watched both of the streams! Good to see it was sorted out respectfully, but that kind of issue is not good.

Btw I read the previous pages, does Nik live in Australia or Macedonia though?

Yep exactly, I watched both of the streams! Good to see it was sorted out respectfully, but that kind of issue is not good.

Btw I read the previous pages, does Nik live in Australia or Macedonia though?

Right now he's in Macedonia I think. I was wondering that too in his earlier streams and when I noticed the time written in the top right hand side of window when he's in sport mode shows that it is afternoon when he's doing the races, while in Aus it should be well into the evening. So my best guess is that he's there for the moment.

It's not just you guys who are not eligible to enter, it goes far further than that but in quite a hidden way. I suffer a muscular disability that varies in strength from one day to the next. Muscle memory is not a thing i have! I very much depend upon the use of driving aids to make me even slightly competetive. Ive had some decent results, but without the driver aids i would without a shadow of doubt had none. So now they have eliminated all driver assists except TC. This puts the FIA element purely in the hands of the best drivers and takes any fun element of entering right out of it. I know ive not got any chance of even getting close to the top guys but i would like to have been able to enter just for fun. Im a good clean S rated racer but now I feel ive been discriminated against because im not the skilled elite. Bad move PD, bad move.

As much empathy as anyone can have for your physical limitations, we're talking about e-sports and that usually means the toughest conditions possible. I didn't compete for GT Academy finals because of a heart condition I have since birth. I'm not mad that such rules exist though. They wanted people fit for the job of driving a racing car. Here, with GTSport FIA seasons it's the same. They want the best of the best. If someone has a physical limitation there's nothing PD can do. Having all aids available would make PD's attempt at e-sports a big joke tbh.

They should’ve made clear ahead of time what the conditions were and which countries/regions were excluded. They threw it out there the day of the first round. Not like they weren’t planning that thing for months prior to the release of the last update.

Some realized they couldn’t use certain assists, like him (I get they want the best out there but it’s not GT Academy, there’s no real racing involved here. There’s no physical test like for GT Academy.) while others realized their province was excluded, like me.

If I had known ahead of time, I wouldn’t have worked my way to A+ with the little time I had on that new team account exclusively made for the FIA Championships :banghead:

Last edited:
They should’ve made clear ahead of time what the conditions were and which countries/regions were excluded. They threw it out there the day of the first round. Not like they weren’t planning that thing for months prior to the release of the last update.

Some realized they couldn’t use certain assists, like him (I get they want the best out there but it’s not GT Academy, there’s no real racing involved here. There’s no physical test like for GT Academy.) while others realized their province was excluded, like me.

If I had known ahead of time, I wouldn’t have worked my way to A+ with the little time I had on that new team account exclusively made for the FIA Championships :banghead:

I think expecting your country or region to be included is quite different than expecting an e-sports to allow driving aids. With GTA PD didn't allow all assists why would they allow it now?

Also, I think you have to complain to your Quebec government, not PD.

You can enter and drive, but you cannot become Star player, drive Top24 races or go to live events.

Okay, thanks for the clarifications. It made my day a lot better. Anyways, its highly unlikely that i would made these three things anyway. I am still at a c driver rating as i write this. Anyways, i missed the first round while still debating on which manufacturer to pick up.

The country exclusions are the unfortunate realities of hosting a worldwide contest. It's difficult enough to comply with one nation's laws, let alone 200+. I do agree of more advanced warning before the actual start of the season, however. One day to digest the details is far too short.

I think expecting your country or region to be included is quite different than expecting an e-sports to allow driving aids. With GTA PD didn't allow all assists why would they allow it now?

Also, I think you have to complain to your Quebec government, not PD.

Actually, we asked and eSports are exempted from that rule since 2016 so PD just didn’t care to include us. Seems like every other large eSports event has since allowed players from Quebec.

Actually, we asked and eSports are exempted from that rule since 2016 so PD just didn’t care to include us. Only commercial contests must follow the law.

Have you asked PD? I doubt they exclude Quebec just because they don't care. There must be a reason.

Have you asked PD? I doubt they exclude Quebec just because they don't care. There must be a reason.
Quebec has a lot of consumer protection and lottery rights. This probably has something to do with it counting as a contest, or prize money being involved later down the line.

We’re working with the Quebec eSports Federation on this. They told us these laws have been modified a few years ago and allow prizes in eSports contests etc. So there are no legal hurdles preventing Quebec residents from entering and winning prizes now. Montreal even hosted a major international eSports event. It’s too little too late for this year but maybe 2019. One player from Quebec got to our GT Academy final once. Doesn’t make sense that we’re excluded after we’ve been included years ago when rules were not adapted to the reality of eSports.

I’ll stop bother you all with this until it’s resolved 🤬

We’re working with the Quebec eSports Federation on this. They told us these laws have been modified a few years ago and allow prizes in eSports contests etc. So there are no legal hurdles preventing Quebec residents from entering and winning prizes now. Montreal even hosted a major international eSports event. It’s too little too late for this year but maybe 2019. One player from Quebec got to our GT Academy final once. Doesn’t make sense that we’re excluded after we’ve been included years ago when rules were not adapted to the reality of eSports.

I’ll stop bother you all with this until it’s resolved 🤬

Do keep us updated though on how it progresses.

Back