The 508 Peugeot Sport Engineered Concept Is a 400hp Eco-friendly Sports Saloon

Imagine this coming over to this side of the pond as a sort of Kia Stinger competitor...

Am i the only one seeing a 4 door mustang ?
Probably. Just as I'm probably the only one that sees Civic, M3 and Kia Stinger in this pic
1678396_Peugeot_508PSE_1902PJ_100-860x573.jpg

I have seen a couple of Peugeot 508 recently and they are a fine looking car - Sharp and very modern.
And thankfully none in the "modern" dull grey paint colours :). I might be a bit biased, but that Ultimate Red paint finish especially, looks stunning.

Probably the best looking Peugeot I've seen in decades, outside of the "TAXI" 406 and 407 conversions :D

Probably. Just as I'm probably the only one that sees Civic, M3 and Kia Stinger in this pic
1678396_Peugeot_508PSE_1902PJ_100-860x573.jpg
From the 508s I've seen on the road (not this concept, obviously) it looks nothing like any of those - but does look very sharp in its own right. More cohesive than any of those cars mentioned, to my eyes (and I say that as someone who rather likes the Stinger in particular).

From the 508s I've seen on the road (not this concept, obviously) it looks nothing like any of those - but does look very sharp in its own right. More cohesive than any of those cars mentioned, to my eyes (and I say that as someone who rather likes the Stinger in particular).
Just this concept, at that angle. I haven't paid attention if they've been on the road next to me.

Good looking concept. The exterior is nice but the interior is gorgeous.

I prefer the e-Legend over this one though.

This thread made me look up the official Peugeot website... I really like the interior design on their cars. And the exterior as well lol.

The 508 station wagon is beautiful as well... Although admittedly the 508 would be out of my price range I suppose, since they start at 32 300 € or $48k Canadian...

Although maybe I'm missing something because looking at the UK Honda site the Civic starts at $30k Canadian?

The hybrid technology in the 508 is now something I can probably expect to see in a next-gen Insignia VXR should the VXR brand be revived.

This thread made me look up the official Peugeot website... I really like the interior design on their cars. And the exterior as well lol.

The 508 station wagon is beautiful as well... Although admittedly the 508 would be out of my price range I suppose, since they start at 32 300 € or $48k Canadian...

Although maybe I'm missing something because looking at the UK Honda site the Civic starts at $30k Canadian?

Yeah, don't ever rely on a direct exchange rate: the UK gets hosed on car prices compared to us. Typically just convert the dollar sign to a pound one, which is a little frightening.

Though, on balance, I'd say their used market is way better!

Yeah, don't ever rely on a direct exchange rate: the UK gets hosed on car prices compared to us. Typically just convert the dollar sign to a pound one, which is a little frightening.

Though, on balance, I'd say their used market is way better!
Pretty much. Much more for new cars, much less for used ones. My take on it is that UK customers keep their cars for much shorter periods of time on average than those in the US or Canada, so stuff depreciates quicker because it goes out of fashion quicker. It's also rare there's such thing as a true base model either, so even something marketed as a base model will often have a reasonable level of equipment, which I assume also pushes the price up. And the small deal of us being a RHD market.

And I would say that competition here in certain markets pushes quality up somewhat too, which in turn pushes prices up - B-segment cars are a good example, where the US market is tiny and not that competitive, whereas it's one of the most competitive sectors in Europe so you get the same kind of quality and kit you'd expect from cars two or three classes above.

Realistically only Dacia offers cars on a similar level of value to the bottom-market stuff in the US. You can get a top-end Sandero for bottom-end Versa money, with similar kit (touchscreen, aircon), similar performance etc. But like-for-like we generally pay significantly more.

We aren't that different to the rest of Europe though - so a price for something like the Peugeot 508 will be broadly similar (albeit more in Scandinavia and other high-tax places) whether you buy in the UK or say, France.

Back