The Acura Integra is coming back in 2022!

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 259 comments
Watch it be a compact crossover. I'm going to sit behind the splash zone just as a precaution.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Watch it be a compact crossover. I'm going to sit behind the splash zone just as a precaution.

giphy.gif
As someone who has owned 6 (actually might be 7) Integras, I don't like this post.

giphy.gif

As someone who has owned 6 (actually might be 7) Integras, I don't like this post.
You can see the shape of the car in @GTFan24 post. Definitely a coupe.
Maybe this is the real reason they killed off the coupe version of the Civic.
I’m not sure. I feel like the Integra will be pricier than a Civic Coupe would have been.

Well, that escalated quickly.

While we're here, let's talk about the artist render that we're not getting. This render debuted just a few days ago and caused quite a stir on Instagram but was picked up by nary a news website. Note: THIS IS NOT THE REAL CAR. But we wish it was.

He even designed a full interior without a radio lol. This totally feels like a classic 90s Honda interior.

But alas it appears as though the new Integra will not be a tiny hatchback ripper.

400Z and Mustang competitor? As long as it looks good and is good.

Last edited:
Not sure what you talking about, since this doesn't look like a complete different car

View attachment 1074075

View attachment 1074076
The heck? Well darn, that test car is actually giving me Integra vibes.
The general consensus is that those camo shots are photoshopped. There seem to be no sources for those images (even you didn't post a source) and the only "publication" I can find that shared them was the Motor Maven's Instagram, the operator of which has really poor etiquette and refuses to post sources or credit artists and has done so numerous times in the past. In fact I've argued with them numerous times about crediting artists and they always have some dumb excuse - this time they told me "My friend sent it to me" lmao. I said that's not good enough for somebody with press credentials. Motor Maven's website doesn't even have any information about either the render or this photoshopped camo car.

Edit: The website watermark on those photos didn't take the pictures but wrote two articles about them in February.

They shared several renders and credited the artist of those renders, Jordan Rubinstein-Towler, the same guy who shared these latest Type R renders. His evolving renders began life in 2020 allegedly. So these things have existed for perhaps more than a year already but no media outlets have taken them and ran with it except Motor Mavens a few days ago, and they did zero crediting when they did it.

The internet doesn't know who took those spy "photos" which makes no sense because selling spy photos to media outlets is good money. We can only assume they're photoshopped, especially now that we know the real Integra lights and grille will looking nothing like the renders.

Last edited:
The pics of the test car are older then the actual renders in red and white.
If you'll read my post and the article links I shared you'll find that nobody knows how old the camo car pics are, or who took them. But they were posted in Feb 2021 on that website, and that website compared it to various renders by Jordan Rubinstein-Towler from 2020. Jordan just published these red and white Type R renders a few days ago but he's been evolving the design for at least a year.

In fact, here are some of Jordan's renders from April 2021:

January 2021:

February 2020:

December 2019:

He's been working on these for a very long time.

Last edited:
The general consensus is that those camo shots are photoshopped.

I'd say they are too. If you zoom in on the front 3/4 shot, the tone of the black - seen clearest on the tyres and wheels, has a red tint to it, the black tone of the tyres of the two cars behind have a blue tint to them:

Screen shot 2021-08-13 at 14.14.36.png

The position of the spokes of the wheels, front compared to back, is also identical on both spy shots. Front and rear wheels never line up as they never travel the exact same distances. They will occasionally align up like the hands of clocks would if one was running slightly slower than the other. But what are the likely hood of this happening on two photos?

Last edited:
Figured those renders weren't real. There's no way Acura/Honda-Honda/Acura would be bringing back a car that looks part Celica and Calibra.

Watch as Europe and the UK doesn't get the new Integra because of our stupid emissions laws and that Honda probably thinks nobody outside America and Asia would want a sporty compact coupe.

Last edited:
There was never a Integra besides the Honda DC2 Type-R as only car and engine option so of course it won't be available in Europe. Especially there just isn't Acura outside of the US.

Back