The AI cheats

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bradk20
  • 25 comments
  • 2,084 views
Messages
40
United States
Texas
So I just raced the polyphony digital cup that has a max pp of 500. The AI is racing an 07 GTR with a pp of 529.... Wtf!

I still blew him away cuz the AI in GT sux just like it always has but still WTF!
 
I used the 86 GT '12 at 446PP and had a great race.
 
I used the fiat 500 at 100pp and won
 
Know what I noticed about AI? No matter if they tap your car or you tap their car you are the one that always spins out...without fail, every time. I get shoved right off the track, regardless if it's on a straight line or around a corner. I think my game hates me.....As far the car used for that race, I believe I used my Aventador and spanked the other cars.
 
Know what I noticed about AI? No matter if they tap your car or you tap their car you are the one that always spins out...without fail, every time. I get shoved right off the track, regardless if it's on a straight line or around a corner. I think my game hates me.....As far the car used for that race, I believe I used my Aventador and spanked the other cars.

This is what I see each day I start to get competitive. Sometimes I just ram that poor SOB off the track in a way that I can't lose, deliberately. It's like the AI drive with a different set of physics rules.
 
This is what I see each day I start to get competitive. Sometimes I just ram that poor SOB off the track in a way that I can't lose, deliberately. It's like the AI drive with a different set of physics rules.
They actually drive with uber-SRF on. Be glad they're going slow at least.
 
I think my game hates me...
I believe this game hates me. The AI are extremely aggressive and they never mistake or spin, I do spin even on straight line. 🤬
My all gold licences means nothing since I can't keep a car on a simple straight.
 
True that Daniel Pinho...one thing I forgot to whine about...I kept saying to myself, "there is no way these other cars, especially the in IA races, that they are racing on hard tires. I'm convinced they're on racing softs". That was my thought anyway...probably not the case but the way the cars the drive, one wonders...
 
RollingThunder's right, happens to me all the time as well.

Other thing I've noticed about the AI is that it's not as slow as it initially looks. They can give it the beans big time when needed. I remember doing the 15 minute race on the Nürburgring with the M3 GT ('11 model) and passing everyone pretty easily. Once I reached 2nd place, I started hunting down the guy that was 1st (on a BMW McLaren F1 GTR RC) and, as often the case, miles away in front. That car was obviously faster than my M3, but I managed to grind down his 15+ second advantage steadily and pass him - even put a few seconds cushion between us. We then entered the final lap and suddenly found ourselves 12th & 13th (because you know, bug). From that moment on the McLaren simply went into overdrive, passed me within a few corners and went on gaining almost a second every 5-6 corners or so. I really went for it, gave it my best (and I know the 'ring quite well I'd say) but he still pulled away steadily.

So, yeah, the AI can be fast if it wants to. I simply wish it did that more often... And stop bumping into me and make me spin when I dare move them off their line or passing them on the outside!
 
I don't think it really matters. They drive so slowly and rubber band around so much that PP is meaningless.
 
I believe this game hates me. The AI are extremely aggressive and they never mistake or spin, I do spin even on straight line. 🤬
My all gold licences means nothing since I can't keep a car on a simple straight.

The AI definitely can get aggressive sometimes I got shunted in the grass a few times.
But I also see them spin, crash into another AI or lose control completely. I like it.


It's simple guys what PD did here was pretty much copy what the AI does in B spec on GT5. Remember when the AI would get close to another car and the aggression meter would increase making them more aggressive thus lap times get better.

This is very evident when you catch any of the top 3 cars sometimes there is one mid pack but mostly it's the Top 3 especially first place. almost every race in career mode as soon as I catch up to the leader about 5-10 car lengths away I notice damn that car isn't supposed to be going that slow.Then as I creep a little closer you can see all of the sudden they start to pick up speed then when you pass they really get aggressive and try to catch you. I took a look at one of my replays and watched the AI leader when he was by himself take corners extremely slow only hitting the throttle almost until out of the turn then when I passed him he was now hitting the throttle mid turn.

Drive close to an AI car for an entire lap especially the leader and watch how their lap times drop significantly. LOL

I like it its much more fun and challenging, PD is getting better with the AI. :)
 
A change that you are allowed to make in the polyphony digital races is to lower your performance points by lowering your power. I assume the AI does the same thing. I saw the same GTR and was confused so I tried grabbing something over 530pp and dropping it. Sure enough it let me, so I figure the AI is doing the same.
 
Is that race/series a max of 500 or the suggested level (can't remember and haven't got PS3 on)? I only ask as 500pp races usually allow up to 600pp max...the 500 is just roughly what the AI will run at, some more, some less. If I'm wrong, then apologies
 
The AI definitely can get aggressive sometimes I got shunted in the grass a few times.
But I also see them spin, crash into another AI or lose control completely. I like it.


It's simple guys what PD did here was pretty much copy what the AI does in B spec on GT5. Remember when the AI would get close to another car and the aggression meter would increase making them more aggressive thus lap times get better.

This is very evident when you catch any of the top 3 cars sometimes there is one mid pack but mostly it's the Top 3 especially first place. almost every race in career mode as soon as I catch up to the leader about 5-10 car lengths away I notice damn that car isn't supposed to be going that slow.Then as I creep a little closer you can see all of the sudden they start to pick up speed then when you pass they really get aggressive and try to catch you. I took a look at one of my replays and watched the AI leader when he was by himself take corners extremely slow only hitting the throttle almost until out of the turn then when I passed him he was now hitting the throttle mid turn.

Drive close to an AI car for an entire lap especially the leader and watch how their lap times drop significantly. LOL

I like it its much more fun and challenging, PD is getting better with the AI. :)

The thing about this is also what's frustrating. That is when you get a chasing AI that hangs tight and I'm thinking great some fun laps ahead with this guy. But after a lap they turn into a shrinking violet and give up-why? PD shows they can program a decent chaser but why for only a short stint.
 
The thing about this is also what's frustrating. That is when you get a chasing AI that hangs tight and I'm thinking great some fun laps ahead with this guy. But after a lap they turn into a shrinking violet and give up-why? PD shows they can program a decent chaser but why for only a short stint.


Yea the AI can only go so fast when hot then after you start to increase the gap they will start to cool down thus they drive slower. But maybe your right I'll try later to see how many laps it takes until they stay cold completely.
 
Part of the fun, for me, is being out-gunned. I never enter a 550PP race with a 550PP car, what kind of fun is that? I'm currently trying to win the Dream Car Championship Nur track with a Lotus Seven Fireblade.

Try sticking an extra large turbo on it. Then start from stand still. Welcome to the land of turbo lag. Or it was in GT5; I haven't tried it out on 6 yet.
 
Am I imagineing things, or do the AI flash their headlights at you if you make a somewhat rough overtake on them?
 
Am I imagineing things, or do the AI flash their headlights at you if you make a somewhat rough overtake on them?

That's just them still out of control as you blow by them ;)
 
I don't think it really matters. They drive so slowly and rubber band around so much that PP is meaningless.
No rubber banding at all, your just at the front, they never have chance, useless AI.
 
So I just raced the polyphony digital cup that has a max pp of 500. The AI is racing an 07 GTR with a pp of 529.... Wtf!

I still blew him away cuz the AI in GT sux just like it always has but still WTF!

AI cheats, yes. Welcome to gran turismo 1-6...
 
Has anyone else noticed that if you are in 2nd or 3rd the lead car(s) seem to be slower on the final lap
 
So I just raced the polyphony digital cup that has a max pp of 500. The AI is racing an 07 GTR with a pp of 529.... Wtf!

I still blew him away cuz the AI in GT sux just like it always has but still WTF!

GT-R+ Pole Position+Mustang Boss 302+Horrible AI= Madaya.

Beating a 529PP GT-R in a 496PP Boss 302 is absolute nonsense! The PP limits are 500!
 
In my game the AI cuts corners like blatant corner cutting I saw it for the first time and thought MOTHER you get the rest lol
 
Back